Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliet Childhood Thing

2 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sliet Childhood Thing - Page 3 Empty Re: Sliet Childhood Thing

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:48 am

"I-" Sliet paused, still unsure. "I don't think he's breathing." she told the boy, her voice hushed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:59 am

Josey's eyes widened in alarm at her words, turning to where his father was laying and watching him, realizing his chest wasn't moving. He reached over gently, confused. "Dad?" He asked, shaking the other's arm carefully. "Dad?" He felt panic settle in his stomach when there was no response. He put his head against the other's chest, but heard nothing. "Dad? Dad!? Dad wake up!" He started loudly, this couldn't be happening. He looked back at Sliet in terror. "What do I do? What should I do?!" He asked, his voice wavering.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Sliet watched him, her mind blank. How had she not noticed that something more was wrong with the man? She could have done something. She couldn't help the dead. She jumped when the boy turned back to her, her mind snapping back to where they were ."I-I don't-" she stuttered, panic keeping her from forming coherent sentences.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:40 pm

Josey turned back to his father's body, tears stinging his eyes as he shouted for the other to wake up again. After several long, futile moments, he seemed to deflate, crying freely and holding onto the other as the warmth faded from him. His shoulders sagged as his shouting and crying died away. He felt dizzy and confused, and wasn't sure if he could ever get up again.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Sliet grit her teeth after a moment, angry with herself. Even with all of her incredible abilities, all of her training and these people coming directly to her doorstep, she still couldn't do anything. She turned punching the wall as hard as she could. a loud crack went through the air as she left a crater in the brick, bits of the wall falling to the floor. She stopped, staring at the damage for a long time before turning back to Josey. "Follow me. We can come back for him later." She said determinedly, hating to pull the boy away now. she knew exactly how he felt.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Josey looked back at her uncertainly, his teary eyes searching her face; he didn't want to leave the man. Though, he wasn't sure what else he could do at this point. He glanced back at his father before stumbling to his feet. "..W-where are we going?" He choked out.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 pm

"Home." Sliet half muttered, turning to leave the small hideout in the direction of the station. She hastily punched in her information when they reached the front door, pushing her way through the second it opened.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Josey trailed after her, deeper into the ruins until they came to the wide space and entered a building. He looked around in confusion, not really sure of the technology. As they entered the building, he stuck near her, scared to get lost, and rather worried. What was this place?

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:36 pm

"Kaaaaaaaaaat!" Sliet shouted the moment she was through the door, searching for the other. She had to be here somewhere. "Kat! I need your help!" She yelled again, stepping into the main room with determination.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Kathrine was in the middle of haphazardly fixing her threadbare boots when she heard the other call out. She hopped up quickly, running out in her sock feet to see what was going on. "What's the matter? Is everything oka-" Her voice died away as she spotted the boy fallowing Sliet. She felt her blood run cold. Where in hell had he come from? She walked stiffly towards the two. "Sliet..." She spoke, her voice dangerously low as her eyes flicked between the two. "What's going on?"

Josey glanced at Sliet as she shouted. The other lived in this building? He wondered if there were a lot of people out here. The air inside was warm and smelled faintly of food. When he noticed the blond approaching, he hesitated to respond to her, before deciding to let Sliet do the talking.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Sliet hesitated at the tone of Katherine's voice, but did her best to ignore it. "The soldiers in a nearby settlement snapped. They're taking the peoples food and attacking them. They're going to starve if nothing changes and they can't take on a bunch of soldiers armed to the teeth using a bunch of farm tools." She explained evenly, refusing to break eye contact with the other. She knew she was in trouble already, so she might as well see how far she could push it. She had to make Kat understand. Those people needed help.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Kathrine watched her quietly as she explained the situation. She couldn't get past the fact that Sliet had just brought a stranger in as she tried to take in what the other said. "And, who is this?" She asked calmly, looking at the boy.

Josey spoke up wearily. "I- My name is Josey- I'm from the settlement." He told her.
"Are you hurt, Josey?" Kathrine asked softly, keeping her attention on him for a moment.
"I'm okay ma'am. M-my dad though, and the other people in the settlement- the soldiers as supposed to be protecting everyone, but th-they-" He trailed off uncertainly, tears coming to his eyes again.
Kathrine stepped forwards and patted the boy's arm, leading him over to the couch. "Come on, you can lay down a little while, you must be exhausted." She spoke softly, attempting to calm the other. "Would you like some water?"
After getting the boy to lay down and giving him a bit of food and a blanket, she walked back a little. "You rest, everything's going to be okay, alright? I'm just going to speak to Sliet for a moment." She assured him, slowly walking up to Sliet. She gave the girl a look, fury clear in her green eyes.
"We need to talk." She hissed, heading quietly down the hall with a sharp gesture for Sliet to follow.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Sliet relaxed when the other helped the boy, watching quietly. She flinched a bit at the look Kat gave her, casting a worried look at Josey before following after the blonde. Sliet braced herself for what was coming. 'We need to talk' could never be good.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:18 pm

When they were out of earshot of Josey, Kathrine held the door for Sliet, then shut it behind her. "Sliet, what on earth are you thinking bringing that poor child in here?" She demanded, bristling. "The damn settlement aside, you realize he can't leave here alive, do you understand that? If he says one thing to anyone, even by mistake about this place, we'll be neck deep in soldiers. Everything we have here will be in the federation's hands. Our home, our work, our lives, they'll take Alex, Ashi, you." She struggled to keep her voice even as she stared the other down.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

Sliet looked at the floor, her arms crossed as the other berated her. She understood all of that. "Don't you think I know that?!" she shouted after a moment. "So what? We just sit here while the world burns around us?! I don't know about you Kat, but that doesn't quite sit right with me." She finished, trying to make the other see her point.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 am

"Sliet, everything I'm doing here is to fix that. I know people are suffering out there, and it's not only the settlement, and it's wrong and people are dying, I'm not blind, but what do you want me to do? If we get ourselves killed, or worse, caught, we're never going to get these ships out of the ground! There'll never be anything better for those people." She snapped. "Besides, what do you think would happen if we went and actually liberated a settlement from the Federation? Oh yes, a perfect happy ending until bandits come along, murder half the settlement, loot the other, and set fire to the remains. There's a reason they coexist, as terrible as it may seem at the moment." She went on angrily. She thought the other would have understood this by now but she seemed pretty damn bent on all this.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Sliet grimaced at the blonde, her anger cooling to an extent. "His dad just died in front of me Kat. I didn't even know he was hurt that bad, and by the time i figured it out it was too late. What else was I supposed to do? We have to do something about this." She She said, her determination unwavering.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Kathrine hesitated. "It's not your fault; we can't save everyone, Sliet. You have a good heart, but sometimes you have to walk away. It's too dangerous to get involved." She told the other, sternly but still trying to be gentle.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:57 pm

"Only sometimes?" Sliet snapped. "Because I only remember one time that we didn't." She ground out, gritting her teeth. this was getting her nowhere.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:02 pm

"When it's logical to do so, yes." Kathrine retorted. "If you want to go out to the settlements and help them farm, be my guest, but I'm not getting us killed for a short term solution." She added, feeling her frustration rise.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Sliet hesitated, wavering for only a moment. Kat really wouldn't help then. What now? She looked back at the blonde, her ferocity returning. "Fine then. Don't" She said coolly, turning on her heel and leaving the room, shutting the door behind her.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Kathrine watched the other slam the door and took a deep breath. The girl was too idealistic for her own good.  This argument about the settlements was just becoming more and more of an issue, but she didn't know what to do.
After a few moments, she opened the door and walked out into the hall, heading into the main room. "Sliet?" She asked, her tone cold and calm again.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:21 am

Sliet sat down in the main room fuming, going over her options and trying to figure out her next move. Kat wouldn't help, but something still had to be done. The other three wouldn't be much help anyway, but she wouldn't dare put them in that much danger. Could she manage it alone? She narrowed her eyes when Kat entered the room, glaring at the other but offering no response.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Kathrine crossed her arms, forcing herself to be passive. "I want you to take care of Josey. He's had a meal and once he's wakes up, I want you to take him to the edge of the ruins and tell him not to return. If you want, send him with some rations, but he can't stay here." She said, her voice a warning. She didn't think she could bring herself to kill the boy, as much as she knew it would be safer. He didn't seem to really know what was going on, and she didn't want to hurt a child, let alone traumatize Sliet.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:23 am

Sliet nodded, relieved that Kat wasn't going to hurt the boy. "Okay." She agreed stiffly. Maybe if she could pull this off alone then she could prove to kat that she could hold her own, and maybe even convince her to be more active in these things in the future.
If she brought enough rations for the both of them for a few days, and got Joesy to show her the way... This could work. It had to.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next