Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliet Childhood Thing

2 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sliet Childhood Thing - Page 7 Empty Re: Sliet Childhood Thing

Post by Deathcap Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 pm

At the Impact, the massive animal stumbled and turned, looking wildly around before wheeling towards sliet and letting out an elk-like scream. Charging the horse again and coming up on it quickly, he leaped and snapped his toothy maw at the stallion's ankles before taking a vicious grab at the girl's coat and tearing her from the horse, sweeping her down and then sideways through the snow. It breifly released the hold on her coat to widen its jaw and bite down hard on the left side of her chest, drawing her into the air and dropping her to take a failed lung at her head before the stallion came rushing back at the beast. Stepping away and aiming it's horns at the passing animal, it trampled her once, and a second time as the horse made another pass, screaming at the deer and nipping it's flank.
 Three consecutive rifle shots went off  as Gorri charged her own horse forward, swinging off her horse and sitting the snow on her feet in a smooth motion. The deer barked and stumbled, then turned to thrash it's antlers at Gorri's frightened horse as it ran past the animal, when it swung it's head back to Gorri, she had her rifle lined up with it's nose, and sent the round crashing through it's skull.
The beast let out a deafening squeal and recoiled, blood flowing from it's mouth and damaged muzzle, as Gorri stepped forward over Sliet and fired her last round into it's eye.
Half rearing, the deer stumbled back and collapsed onto it's belly in the snow. Gorri promptly reloaded her rifle and fired 3 more times into the stag's skull, not about to take chances. Panting and shaking hard, she turned back to Sliet with a sickened expression, walking over and brushing the snow and blood from her face and glancing in dismay at the holes in her chest. She put one hand over her rib cage, trying to stay the bleeding, and held the girl's head out of the snow with her other hand. "Kid- Kid can you hear me?" She questioned, sadness and defeat in her eyes. 

The older man rode up, eyeing the Stag's fallen body warily and sliding from his horse, walking over.
Gorri looked back at her uncle for help, but the other shook his head. The girl was a goner.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Sliet screamed as she was pulled from the saddle. The ground knocking the breath from her lungs as she was thrown against it. She tried to cry out again when the beast actually bit her, but no sound came out. By the time the creature disappeared from her field of vision, everything hurt more than she had ever thought possible. And she couldn't breathe.
She watched Gorri with wide terrified eyes, trying desperately to get a full breath of air. She could see the woman speaking, but rhe sound seemed to fade into the background. She tried to look down at herself with minimal success. How bad could it be anyway? She had proven h
Just hours ago that she could heal bullet wounds right? This couldnt be that much worse.. Right? The look on the womans face sId otherwise.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 pm

Gorri knelt in the snow, moving the girl into her lap and rubbing her arm reassuringly when she didn't reply. "It's okay, I've got you, it's alright-" She tried to soothe, still in a panic herself. Keeping one hand at the wound, she squeezed the other's hand and moved it to move the girl's hair back, stroking her cheek and trying to wipe away the rest of the blood before reaching for her flask, filled with rum, and doing her best to unscrew the cap, shifting so Sliet's head was tilted up more appropriately. "Drink this, come on, it's okay." She told her, bringing the mouth of the flask to Sliet's lips and tilting it when the girl looked like she could take it. It would warm her up and dull the pain. 

The elder man gathered the horses, and drew his knife, offering it to Gorri, but the young woman shook her head angrily, not about to take away whatever chance the girl had if there was some way she might live.  He frowned, turned, and went to clean the two deer and tie them to sliet's horse to drag back, though he wasn't sure how edible the mutated stag even was.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:29 pm

Sliet tried to do as she was told. Taking a drink before caughing violently in surprise, a mix of blood and alcohol dripping down her chin. That burns. She grabbed onto the others hand rather tightly, trying to get her to stop making her drink this stuff and keep her from leaving.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:43 pm

Gorri moved the flask back quickly, dropping it into the snow at the other's violent reaction, and realized the poor kid probably wasn't even old enough to have had her first drink. She wiped her chin with her sleeve, just resolving to hold her until Ricard was ready to head back. "Easy, it's going to be alright." She told her softly, though her face betrayed her worry as she tried to calm the other, running her hand over her hair a few times before going back to holding the girl's hand and keeping her out of the snow. 

Ricard returned, wiping the deer's blood from his hands on the snow and drying them on his pantlegs, watching Gorri and the girl for a few seconds. "Come on, let her be alone, she won't last, no use upsetting the others." It was better to let her freeze than prolong things.
Gorri shook her head, bristling and not about to abandon the girl. "I'll bring her back on mine."
"Gor..." He warned.
"No, it was your idea to send her out to distract the damn thing, you've done enough." She muttered fiercely, standing and struggling to scoop the girl up in her arms, not much bigger than her. 
The man looked angry, but said nothing, climbing onto his horse and urging it forward, while Gorri lifted the girl into the saddle and climbed up behind her, following at a slow pace. "I've got you, just hold on to her mane and lean on me." She instructed softly, keeping one arm wrapped about the girl and the other on the animal's worn bridle.

As they reached the now almost completely packed up settlement, Ricard helped Gorri lift Sliet from the horse, and Gorri carried her over to one of the already loaded carriages, laying her down in the bed and calling for Maple. 
Ricard transferred the horses to the wagons, while everyone else seemed to bustle around with no notice of the injured girl.
Dudly, helping Ricard with the horses as he was told, glanced over in worry a few times, but Ricard snapped at him to focus on his task.

Kathrine, returning on the back of one of the military's stolen horses, carried with her a pack of her own, and Sliets. The girl had been adamant about leaving, it seemed, and while she felt less than alright with the idea, if Sliet was going to storm off into the wastes, she wasn't doing it with only the clothes on her back. In the large pack there was additional warm clothes, a toothbrush and paste, a hair brush, a few practical items and a multi-tool, several power cells and at the bottom, two coffeecakes and her little stuffed horse. She was rather stormy until she saw the girl lying in the wagon, and felt her heart sink. 
hurrying over, her fear only escalated when she saw the blood soaking the other's coat. "What happened to her!?" She asked the scraggly young woman beside her, quickly climbing onto the wagon and kneeling beside Sliet. 
Gorri blinked at the blond. "S-She got attacked by an animal, do you know her?"
Kathrine didn't reply, her mind a horrified blur. "Sliet, do you hear me?" She asked urgently, trying to get the girl's attention as she felt for the wound in terror so she could attempt to fix it.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:05 am

Sliet wimpered in pain as she was moved to the horse, leaning back into the other girl as they started to move back to the settlement. Her mind as well as her vission seemed to get fuzzy as they moved, eventually relaxing, seeming to just fall asleep against the other.

She was laying down when she woke again to the sound of yelling. What happened? Did someone else get hurt? She squinted up at her friend hazily, rather confused. "Kat?" she asked. Her voice hoarse.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 am

Kathrine breathed in relief as the other responded; Sliet was stronger than most, but she wasn't sure what extent her tech could heal to, and she'd seen others die from less when they lacked energy, Ruth was one. "I'm right here, it's going to be okay." She assured her, looking to Gorri. "Could you please bring me some water?" She requested urgently, and when the other left, returned to Sliet to focus on healing her and giving her a slow stream of energy to feed the repairs, but she was already exhausted from last night, and it took her a few seconds to numb the wounds and begin healing them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Katt. M fine." sliet objected. Or rather tred to, reaching for kats hand to weakly try to push her away.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 pm

"Not yet you aren't; you have a punctured lung, ruptured spleen, broken ribs and a collapsed diaphragm, if you didn't have the tech you'd be dead, now hush." Kathrine replied in frustration; she'd had enough of the girl's hardheadedness. When she was done she left some of her energy in the girl, and pulled away, removing her blood-soaked glove. "There, can you breath?" She asked a little more softly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 pm

Sliet stopped fighting like Kat said, though she certainly wasn't happy about it. She tried to sit up once Kat backed off a bit. Her breathing had definitely improved, and it didn't hurt nearly as much, but she was still tired. "Yeahhh..." She said tensely, still angry but not sure what to say. "I'm still not coming back." she finally said after a long moment of silence.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Kat frowned at her and plopped the bag she'd brought her at her side. As if she'd stop caring about her if she was leaving. She still felt very worked up from seeing Sliet in such a state a second time, but tried to put her emotions behind her for the time being. The blond took a deep breath. "If you're so focused on doing this and being an independent adult, talk to me like one for a minute. I'm not going to drag you back, but I want you to listen to me for five minutes, and then I'll live with your decision, alright?" She started, waiting for the other's response; if Sliet didn't want to be rational, there was no point starting a conversation.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Sliet narrowed her eyes at Kat, pulling the blanket around her shoulders and crossing her arms defensively, taking the others words as a kind of challenge. "I'm listsning." she said somewhat annoyed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:41 pm

"If this is what you feel you need to do, then I can't stop you, and I'm sorry if I don't seem to understand you or be there enough. I know I'm not the best parent, and that I'm not your mom, but I want you to know that I love you and care about you, and I always will no matter what happens. If you decide to come back tomorrow, or- or five years from now, or just to visit you'll always have a home and family to come back to, whether you need it not... and there's no shame in needing people Sliet; humans aren't meant to be all alone in the world." Kathrine went on, her voice going from stern to almost exhausted and reassuring. "I'll be proud of you no matter what you do." She hesitated then, wanting to hug the other or ask her to come back, but refrained; Sliet was only going to do what she felt ready for. "If it's what you want, I'll go now." She added, bracing her hands against the wagon to get up and trying to keep her voice and face steady as she stood.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:14 pm

Sliet listened to the other speak tensely, casting her gaze to the ground and starting to feel bad halfway through. But she couldnt turn back now. Even then, she couldnt just say nothing. "Ill be back... Eventually... I just need some time." the girl tried to explain, looking back up at Kat with sad eyes. She felt like shit about a lot of things right now. She didnt think she could pile hurting kat on top of that right now. But she still wasnt ready for anything more affectionate than that just now.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Kathrine gave a quiet nod, then on a whim shirked her thermal coat from her shoulders and put it on Sliet's pack. Sliet's own coat was soaked with blood and snow, and was only going to chill the other to the bone and tire her out more. Kat turned, hopping down from the wagon and casting a last, tired glance at the other. "See you later kid. Be safe." She added, before turning her back and disappearing before Gorri returned.

When the young woman ran up to the carriage carrying a water-skin, she hesitated at the blond's disappearance, but noted Sliet looking suddenly much better. "You need this girl?" She asked softly, still slightly confused.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Sliet gave her sister a tense nod as she left, watching her somewhat unnerved. She was really on her own now... She smiled warmly when she noticed the woman from before approaching. Well... Maybe not really alone. 'Sure. Thank you." she said. Relaxing considerably.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:39 pm

Gorri climbed up in the cart with her and passed her the skin. "Hey, you're looking better," She encouraged. Maybe the injury hadn't been as bad as it had seemed, but she was no healer. "How're you feeling? You can lie on the cart here for the trip and just rest, I'm going to find you some blankets and clean clothes; you'll catch a chill or nasty fever wearing those, on top of your injury." She added. "There'll be lots of luggage up here with you, but I'll see about me and Jackson riding with you, okay?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:54 am

"Thank you so much. That would be great.Sliet thanked the woman. Smiling nervously. She. Had no idea as to where she was going after all of this, but the least she could do was follow thdse people until she was sure tbey had gotten somewhere safer.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:37 am

Gorri smiled back, before turning to the depressing reality of packing up the settlement. She walked back to her home, walking in and starting to pack what Jackson hadn't already. She'd grown up here, lived here, as much as she'd gone out on hunts or visited another settlement when medicine or food was needed, this is all she'd ever known. She hadn't had time to panic or grieve in light of the danger with the soldiers and unexpected help from the girl, though, everyone seemed to be taking it their own way. Kids and mothers would be stressed, she didn't understand how Maple seemed so collected, though she knew her grandmother had been through worse. And what was with the girl, anyway? Where had she and her companion come from, how and why did she fight off the soldiers? She seemed almost supernatural, but she just looked like a scared kid who wouldn't answer too many questions. 

Josey, packing up his few remaining belongings and stocking them up on his wagon, put his father's last calf into the cart in a blanket, and hitched one of the military's horses up to pull the small load.

Anderson, who was forbidden immediately to ride his horse, which was collected to pull one of the carts, followed around the large, bearded man he'd been left with, completing chore after chore.

When they started to move out, Gorri hurried along and hopped up onto Sliet's now loaded cart with a young man beside her, hurrying to find a place to sit near to Sliet. "This is Jackson." She introduced the man plainly as he sat down besides her and gave Sliet an uncertain look. He had thick black hair pulled back, coupled and an equally fluffy black beard, the two giving him the impression of a mane about his face. He was much paler than Gorri, and had two clear blue eyes to contrast her dark ones, though he seemed slightly more grumpy and quiet than her, and only gave a little nod in hello.

"Here, I got us some soup, this'll warm you up." She said, pouring a thick, aromatic brown stew into three containers from some sort of metal container. hefty chunks of potatoes, carrots and meat poked out of the gravy, glistening with a buttery sheen. "That's the monster right there, not so scary now is he?" She grinned, hoping Sliet would find some comfort in being faced with that now and knowing she'd conquered it, rather than fighting off the nightmares of the beast that Gorri had experienced herself when she'd first started hunting with her uncle.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Sliet gave a small not back to kackson quietly before staring at the dish somewhat startled before looking up at the woman with wide eyes. "Scruffy?" the girl asked in disbelief.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:02 pm

"Yep. You need to get your strength up if you want to get better. I don't know how you're doing so well, Ricard thought you were done for, and he's not usually wrong. We'll just have to keep an eye out for infection. Did that woman patch you up earlier?" She went on, settling beside her and leaning into Jackson as she started into the hot stew.
Jackson unrolled a few blankets to put over them, then looking out awkwardly at the landscape as they started off.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:14 am

Sliet took the bowl reluctantly, uncertain if the freakish creature was fit to eat, but Gorri was right, she did need to get her energy up. Her first mouthfull was hesitant, though she quickly dug in after that. It was good. The girl almost choked at ths mention of Kat, quickly working on what to say. " oh yeah. She's a miracle worker all right." she explained, trying not to seem too suspicious.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:32 am

Gorri looked skeptical for a moment, but quickly turned her attention to Jackson, huddling up to him as she finished her soup and eventually resting her face if the furry collar about his neck, her face falling a little as the events of the day seemed to hit her again. "Just tell me if you get cold, girl." She added with a last glance at Sliet before growing quiet. 

After a while, Dudley dropped back, exhausted and looking for a Cart to climb onto, but finding very few faces that weren't hostile upon seeing him. Eventually, he resigned himself to hurrying along on foot, trying not to be run over by the massive horses and heavy wheels, but felt himself dragging his cold feet after a while and falling back towards the end of the train of carts. He blinked when a fuzzy-faced man reached an arm out to him, and after a moment's hesitation took it and scrambled onto the cart with the other's help. "Thank you sir," He mumbled wearily, but received no reply from the other except for a nod. The cart was full of baggage, but he noticed then the girl from earlier and grew tense as he hesitated to fill the space next to her. His tired legs won out and he cautiously sat down, keeping as much space between them as possible as he drew his legs up under his chin protectively and stared at his boots, still shivering but glad for the opportunity to rest.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:01 am

Sliet looked up when the boy climbed into the cart, watching him awkwardly. She glanced at him awkwardly several times, pulling at the blanket that was draped around her shoulders and offering the unused portion to the strange kid.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:37 am

Dudly looked at the girl warily as she offered the blanket, but he was far too tired and cold to be stubborn. He felt like he was doing something  wrong as he sidled over next to her and gingerly pulled the other half over his shoulders. He breathed a tiny sigh of relief as he was enveloped by the warmth, eventually relaxing a little. "Thank you." He told her quietly. He felt like he could pass out despite his cold and hunger, but felt afraid to let his guard down. The settlers here had always seemed like nice, hard working people, at least nicer than the soldiers he'd worked with, but he didn't want to push his luck after the fight. The soldiers themselves he felt sick over. He hadn't really liked any of them, most of them were awful to the settlers and the last attacks before the girl had shown up had been brutal, but he still felt shaken. He wondered how long he would be with these people. He was far too afraid to attempt escape, but they had said someone ran off, so would the military be headed their way? What would they do with him when they found him among settlers? He didn't want to go home, never again, but wouldn't the federation kill them all? He trusted the Federation, he wanted to serve and help protect the people of it and make things better, and do what he had to in order to get there, but wouldn't that mean the deaths of all these defectors? The Federation wasn't one to let things slip; there was now an unprotected hole in the border and several dead soldiers, and these settlers were supposed to provide the city with food... He felt confused by who was in the wrong, but he didn't want any more people to have to die, including himself.
"Are you okay?" He asked the girl beside him eventually. "I heard you got real hurt."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next