Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliet Childhood Thing

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Sliet Childhood Thing - Page 9 Empty Re: Sliet Childhood Thing

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Ricard turned as the girl walked up to him. "If you're staying, you better learn not to fall off a horse." He commented harshly. "Maple and Gormon are too old, Jackson's half blind, and Gorri's pregnant." He went on, without looking at the younger girl. "Do you think you can ride again?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Sliet looked up at Ricard, surprised by his words. She stared at him i awe for a moment before nodding with fierce determination.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 am

Ricard watched her for a moment and nodded in approval. "These three will be pulling the wagons; they're our strongest, but not very fast." He told her. Despite her accident before, she had taken to the animals remarkably well. "Come with me, now."
He left the three woolly animals and headed over to where the remaining army horses were tied, the five who hadn't been paired up for the wagons. "You pick one for you, to ride." He told her, gesturing to the creatures.
There were two brown geldings, one a sleek dark bay who had been incredibly nervous since his owner's death, the other quiet, paler and marked by a white blaze on his face. A third, wall-eyed white mare stood a bit shorter than the others and had proven herself to be an escape artist over the last week.
Beside her was another, oddly gentle and quiet gelding; his coat an unusually dark dappled grey. The fifth was another mare, restless and loud, with a chestnut coat with a spray of white flecks over her chest.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:10 am

Sliet looked between Ricard and the horses a couple of times before stepping forward slowly, She approached the quietest of the bunch, reaching forward to gently pat his nose.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:23 am

Ricard nodded in frowning approval, saying nothing for a moment. "You be careful this time. Don't need you getting hurt again." He told her scornfully.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:30 am

Sliet nodded in small determination, trying to stand up taller. "I'll do my best." She promised, nearly oozing determination and excitement.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Ricard nodded quietly. "We'll set out when Maple decides where we're headed. For now, get him and the white one some hay and I'll teach you how to saddle him." He told her, stepping forward to stroke and soothe the nervous bay before roping them together. "We'll trade the others for food and supplies; can't afford to feed them... and, don't want to eat them." He added in explanation. "You should give him a name, too, bond with him, if you'll be depending on each other." The older man cracked a ghost of a kind smile for the first time, before his face returned to his usual frown and he pulled a saddle up onto the white mare. "Here, see the straps?" He showed her as he tried to demonstrate and show her. It had been so long since he'd taught Ramel, Lina and Gorri.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Sliet brightened, her excitement plain s she nearly bounced to do as she was told. She watched in rapt atention as the man fiddled with the straps. He needed a name.... She ran through the stories Kat had told her about horses. All of the books she'd tracked down. Silver didn't seem right, and neither did butterscotch. Maybe Fitz? Nah that was dumb. He was deserving of an interesting and noble name befitting of such a distinguished and noble creature.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:47 am

Ricard glanced at her a few times to make sure she was sorting them out right, but saying nothing. She seemed quiet excited, even after the accident. When she was done, he took the grey horse's lead to keep him steady for her. "Climb on up if you want to come, we're going ahead to sell the others at Coal Town and get supplies, the others will meet us there in a few days while we find a way out.. maybe somewhere we can leave some families safe." He offered, tying the others and getting up onto the mare.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Sliet nodded enthusiastically, struggling to scramble up into the saddle of the grey Gelding. "I dunno, do you promise not to kill me?" She half joked,finally pulling herself up.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Ricard turned to watch the other with ice in his amber eyes as she spoke up again, his face creased stone. He seemed to consider whether he was going to reply or ride off without her for a long few seconds before he spoke up roughly. "You don't understand how lucky you are. You should be dead. A puncture like that, you should have died painful and slow." He told her, voice venomous "I tried to save my wife after she got cut up bad. She died slow." He told her, before urging his horse on harshly into a trot, finished with the conversation.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Sliet frowned, narrowing her eyes at the man as he rode away before climbing onto her own horse and riding after him.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Ricard rode ahead of the girl in silence, shame and anger still stirring in his head as they went on. Maybe he'd been too harsh with the girl; she didn't seem to understand much; and he still felt sore and guilty he'd considered putting her out of her misery, and for throwing her into the position with the deer in the first place. After what she'd done the night before, he'd assumed she could handle herself, and then with the injury, he'd made the call too quickly, and he was frustrated with himself, but taking it out on her wasn't right either.
It took him until they'd nearly arrived in Coaltown to finally speak up.
"I'm sorry." He got out gruffly. "That wasn't fair."
"I overestimated you; with the deer... and when you were hurt, that was my fault. I don't wish you any harm; I've just seen enough people suffer without medicine. It's hard life out here and I know it sounds cruel, but sometimes a quick death is all you can give someone. I'm sorry." He repeated, struggling; he didn't apologize or explain himself often, but he owed it to the girl.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 am

Sliet listened to the man's apology in silence, looking him over. "It's okay." she said softly, feeling uneasy just thinking about it. "Where are we going again?" she asked, trying to change the subject and having already forgotten what village they were heading for.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:16 pm

"To Coaltown." Ricard informed as they made their way among the shadowy ruins of the city. "I have friends here, but it's not a place a kid like you should be. Stick close with me and don't make eye contact. If someone tries to sell you something, just keep walking, whether it's narcotics or a sandwich, you hear? And don't get involved with anything or anyone; kind types don't live here, they die here. We'll secure some shelter for the others, sell the horses, and find someone to get us out of the Federation. " The man continued.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9