Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliet Childhood Thing

2 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sliet Childhood Thing - Page 6 Empty Re: Sliet Childhood Thing

Post by Deathcap Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:31 pm

Raven nodded somberly, sighing again and closing his eyes, he was sleeping soundly within the minute.
An hour or so later, the kids had, between sleeping, all moved up against Sliet for warmth. River stuck to her left like glue, while Ros curled over her legs and Raven laid on the opposite side to River, pressed up against her side. The eldest boy spoke in his sleep every now and again, his words unclear and jumbled, but calm.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:07 am

SKIP

Dudly woke to a tugging sensation, and opened his eyes to the bleary realization someone was trying to pull the rifle off of his back. Feeling confusion and worry fill him, he tried to turn, letting out a mumble of complaint and turning to look at a strange man; one of the settlers. "What-What're you?..." He started, before noticing the shock on the other's face. 
"There's a survivor over here!" 
Dudly blinked. A survivor? He tried to sit up as the other slipped the rifle from his body and attempted to figure out what was going on. In horror, he looked at the still forms of soldiers laying in the snow around him, and felt his stomach twist in fear, his mouth drying out. His scream came out as a terrified, scratchy wail, trying to back up and bumping into the settler's legs. He felt as though he had no control as he continued to scream, shaking and panicking as several others approached him. Someone said something and another tried to get him to his feet, but he couldn't look away from the carnage around him, even as his cries died away into quick gasps of air. A short, stocky woman gripped his arms and held him, trying to get his attention and telling him to calm down, while another man seemed to be checking him for wounds.

The short, dark looking woman sat him down on a crate, and let the boy wear her coat while she shouted back and forth with another short man. He tried to listen in his shock, but kept staring at the gun in the man's hand, worried that any second the other would point it at him. 
"-st a kid, he didn't kill Antino and Jos-" He caught from the woman, and couldn't quite understand the man's snarling retorts. He blinked at the man as the other forced him up, tearing the coat from his shoulders and dropping it at the woman's feet as he marched Dudly past her. His mind raced as he tried to figure out what they were doing with him, before he was pushed in front of the girl. The one with the black on. It was her. Hadn't she struck him? He stared at her while the man went on. 

"This one was still alive. I said kill him, the mum disagrees. We don't need him running back or killing us when we aren't looking. I'll be honest, I don't want blood on my hands but I know what needs to be done. You showed up here and dealt with all that. I'd appreciate it if you'd deal with this." He muttered darkly.

Dudly stood frozen as he continued to stare at Sliet, looking useless to fight back and scared out of his mind. Whether it was of her or he was still in shock wasn't certain, but when the man gave him a shove forward, he staggered, looked sick, then doubled over and vomited with a pitiful moan, staying on his knees and making no real attempt to get back up. The man looked at the other with both disgust and pity, stepping back, but didn't seem to change his mind on the matter.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Sliet was still sitting beside where kat was laying in the snow when the man dragged Anderson to her. She stared at him for a moment as he explained, still shocked at what had happened and even moreso at what he had to say. She glared at the man, her expression betraying her anger and disgust.

"I'm sorry? I don't think i quite understand you." She snapped at him, advancing and trying to get in his face despite being shorter. "So what? you brought him over here so that I could kill the only person that helped me? is that it? Frankly I'm just happy that you were to scared to get your hands dirty, else i would be down an ally." She growled, refusing to back off. "I did what had to be done. Now does he look to you like he's going to be attacking anyone anytime soon? I don't think so." She finished gesturing to the boy on the ground.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:34 pm

The man looked both taken aback and frustrated at the young girl's retorts. Ally? This kid was a soldier, and if he'd helped her, why had she left him in the snow with a head injury? He opened his mouth to speak, but stumbled as he was stuck from behind by the old, dark haired woman. She grabbed his shoulder and turned him around with a force surprising for her size and age. 
"What on earth do you think you're doing James? You throw my coat on the ground like that again and I'll choke you with it-" She snarled. "Get your temper under control and help the others and I'll deal with this. Last time I checked, I was in charge here, not you,"
"Oh and a fine job you're doing lately, you crazy old bitch!" He spat back, elbowing past her and storming off, not about to argue any more with her, as furious as he was. "Antino's dead because of your inaction, and I sure as hell won't be next!"
The woman followed him and caught him by the collar, bringing him in close to her face.
"Get your shit together, James, and don't you disrespect me again or we'll see who's next." She pushed the man back with a stomp and watched him go, exchanging a hateful glare in the process. After staring him down, she turned to the two kids behind her with a sigh, glancing at Sliet while she drooped the coat back over the boy's shoulders. "I'll come back." She stated softly, nodding her head and following after the man.

Dudly stared at the ground through all the shouting, feeling the snow soak into his legs and hands. He was confused and surprised when the girl defended him, looking at her with a still terrified and too-pale freckled face.
He glanced back at the woman as the coat was dropped on him, trying to muster the words to thank her, but he barely got a tired breath out and looked back to Sliet in fear. "Wha- What's going on? D-Did you kill them all? Wh-Why-?" His voiced trailed into a whimper and tears came to his eyes again as he remembered the others strewn on the snow around him. "Why aren't you killing me- I-I don't understand-" He added in a slightly more frustrated tone, but didn't look any less afraid.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Sliet glared at the man as he stormed off, returning the woman's nod and watching her leave as well. she stood there silently until they were both out of sight, then sighed and sat near the fire once more, holding her face in her hands.

She groaned when Anderson spoke to her. "it's complicated." she replied after a moment, after debating whether or not to reply at all.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Dudly stared at her for a moment before looking back down. He felt anger and hatred rise up his chest, something that was becoming more and more common in him, so much so that he felt he was going to snap and scream in frustration at all the terrible people in the world. He'd first felt it towards his uncle. He'd wanted to push the man down the stairs, he'd wanted to give him bread full of mold and worms. He'd wanted to hurt him back. He understood anger.
Instead of yelling, he sniffled and wiped away his tears, still shaken up. The brunet pulled the coat tighter around his shoulders, shivering but having no will to get up.
Maybe that's why she'd killed them. Maybe she thought they were all terrible. Maybe she'd felt that hatred inside her. He knew the villagers did, and she was their friend. 
"Did....Did you hate them?" He asked quietly, attempting to understand the complication. "Did they hurt you?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:29 pm

"I don't know. Maybe." She said noncommittally, trying to get the boy to stop asking, not really wanting to talk right now. "They did hurt me, or i guess they tried. I don't even know anymore, but they did hurt someone else." She finished, favoring staring into the flames over trying to find her words in the palms of her hands.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:40 pm

The boy looked backed down at the snow quietly, still trying to calm down. After a few moments in silence, he picked himself up and treaded wearily to the fire, at least trying to stay warm. He sat down, hesitant to look at the girl while he sat still, shivering and still crying quietly for a little while. 

He got himself under control, but was still scared the man would come back, and didn't know what to think of the girl. He hadn't cared for the men, but it was still a terrifying thing. He hadn't seen anyone killed since his the military police came for his ill parents, and that had been a long time ago.

"I'm Dudly..." He spoke up softly, trying a different approach to understanding her. "Wh-what's yours... your name?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:21 am

Sliet looked at the boy, Dudly, oddly. why would he want to know her name? she mulled it over for some time before deciding it couldn't do any harm to tell him. "Sliet ". she answered, trying to keep her replies short. She wondered briefly when the old woman would be back. hopefully it would be soon and save her from this strange conversation.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:29 am

Dudly went quiet then, scared to make the other angry, and just sat by the fire until the woman returned. She walked over to the boy first, speaking quietly. "I've spoken to the others, you're going to go over with them and help get things done, understand?" 
The brunet nodded, getting to his feet.
"I've told them to go easy on you and just have you help feed and water the horses. You know how to do that?"
Another quiet nod. 
"If there's a problem come back to me or speak to the big guy over there with the beard." She added, patting him on the back as she directed him off towards the others and looked to Sliet.
"Another soldier got away. Their one black horse is missing and none of them were cut free." She spoke quietly. "A good portion of us are moving out of here by noon. We figure with that stunt you pulled they're going to show up here, take our cattle and leave us. That's the only reason those soldiers were there, to make sure we were producing enough for the Federation's greedy mouths. I don't look forward to how they'll react to this, but if they can afford to make an example out of us, they will; the General is not a kind man. You can come with us, but understand there's a conflicted view of you dear. Or you can stay here and protect the elders that are too stubborn to leave their homes, if you're set on killing more soldiers."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:31 am

Sliet perked up a little bit at the mention of horses, somewhat excited at the idea, but quickly returned to her solemn state when the woman turned to her. She frowned considering her options, sniffling a bit as she tried to hold back tears. She couldnt go home at this point. or at least, she wouldnt. and staying could be a death sentence.

"I'll come." She responded, her voice unsteady. "what can I do to help?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm

The woman watched the girl, still not understanding her. She'd shown up out of nowhere to rescue them, and killed half a dozen soldiers on her own, yet she looked in that moment like a scared kid. Did she realize what she had done? That she'd forced this upon them on impulse? The conflict had been imminent, but Maple had never seen it coming in the form of an angry young girl. She would question her motives later, right now they had to survive. She gave a nod to the girl's decision. "We're nearly ready to move. These people don't have much besides their walls and chimneys, so that's not an issue. Food is, we won't be stopped until night to eat, and we have mothers and kids who need it. Do you know how to hunt?" She asked, but didn't wait for an answer. The girl could shoot, that was good enough."Rather, can you ride? Gorri is taking out a hunting party with a few others. Go meet her over by the horses and see if she'll let you come along.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Sliet listened to the woman silently, perking up a bit at the mention of riding. wait. like horses? yes. hell yes. She nodded, getting up and starting to run off somewhat excitedly before stopping as if remembering something important. "You wouldn't happen to know where Josey is do you?" She asked turning back to the woman.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 pm

The woman looked down for a moment, trying to recall about the boy. "He's helping pack, I believe." She told the girl, before heading off. 

Gorri stood impatiently with the horses and another man who was saddling one of the dark beasts. She looked to be in her mid twenties, and had pale, scarred skin and dark, long tangled hair pulled back into a thick, scraggly tail. She carried an old rifle on her back and wore a patchy hide coat. As the girl approached, she watched her cooly, speaking up in a rough voice. "Maple send you?" She barked. "You ridden before?" She addressed the horses  in front of her. They were scruffier looking than the military's, and stronger too. All three had dark brown and black coats with longer, course hair and manes, and each stood confident and restless.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:29 pm

Sliet hurried in the direction of the horses, slowing down when the woman addressed her. She shook her head walking up to one of the animals and petting its neck softly. she didn't care what the woman had to say, this was an okay moment.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 am

Gorri puffed. Maple had send her a first timer? Good lord, this hunt was going to be interesting if not disastrous. "You can take that one, put your foot in the stirrup there and I'll boost you." She added curtly, walking over and kneeling while locking her hands together to give the other footing. "His name is Wolfe. He's a stallion but he's pretty good, a hell of a runner... he'll fuck you up more than the deer if he doesn't respect you." She added with a smirk. "So no fear, no being rude and sure as hell don't try to force him somewhere he doesn't want to go, he knows what he's doing better than you or I."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Sliet climbed into the saddle with the others help, only half listening to the others warning, too in awe of the animal.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Gorri watched the other in concern before trying to show her how to direct the animal. "Okay, you try to follow us, I'll help you if you need it." She said once satisfied, leaping up onto her own horse in a swift movement and urging him along with barely noticeable directions. She kept glancing back at the girl to make sure she hadn't tumbled off under the stallions hooves.

The man with them rode towards the front. He was older and had a bristly white beard and mop of hair under his hat, and a spotty and scarred brown complexion. Despite his brooding look, he didn't say much of anything at all.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Sliet listened to the other quietly, nodding occasionally to show that she was paying attention. She had to hold back a squeal of joy as they started to move out, extremely excited.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Gorri lead the two into the wilderness, letting the horses go at their own pace to as not to tire them out. They were in shape and powerful, but everything would count if they ran into a bear or scruffy. 

As they came up over a ridge, she stopped the horse and road it back down. "There's deer," She announced, though locked eyes with the man. "Scruffy's there. Do we want to risk it?"

He gave a nod, gesturing to Sliet. Gorri looked concerned at this, more for her horse than Sliet, but looked back at the younger girl. "There's a big buck down there, we don't kill him, he keeps the does safe. We're going to see if we can take down a doe,  your job is to lure him away long enough for us to get away with it. Just let the horse run from him, and whatever you do, don't fall off; we aren't coming back for you if you do." She told her, then dismounted. "I'll take the shot, then you ride out and get him after you, we'll take care of the rest." She added, before slowly stalking up to the hill. She took two shots, and dropped one of the animals, then bolted back to her horse, nodding to Sliet. "Go."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Sliet looked at the others curiously as they stopped. who was scruffy? She listened to the woman determinedly, nodding to show that she understood. She waited for Gorri to give her the okay, lowering herself in the saddle to help with her balance.
The horse was moving the second that she got the okay, taking off down the other side of the hill.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:43 pm

The deer on the hill stood in a paniced cluster, with the does traipsing about a massive stag among them. He sniffed warily at the fallen deer, then raised a maned, fanged head crowned with jagged, tumorous antlers. He stood at least two men tall at the tips of his rack, and hot breath escaped his toothy maw in an angry grunt. He took two steps towards the running horse and let out a vicious snarl, stomping at the ground  with cracked cloven hooves. His hide seemed to hang off his skin in shaggy clusters, and black growths grew from his face and feet, making him look truely monstrous as he stood protectively by his harem.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:04 am

Sliet slowed as they got closer to the deer. that thing looked way scarier up close. The fear truly hit her a moment later, turning the horse away and hurrying off as fast as she could.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 pm

The stag trailed after her before giving chase, quickly gaining on the horse and letting out puffing barks with every bound. He rounded a little ways back then, catching sight of the other two on horse back making it to the harem, scaring most of the does away and reaching the fallen one. He seemed to hesitate before trotting along and then bounding furiously in their direction.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Sliet slowed the horse when the buck seemed to back off relieved at the idea that it was over. Looking back over her shoulder in victory, she immediately felt ill at the sight. She considered leaving them behind for a moment before reaching for her gun. She leveled it at the giant mass of deer and fired in the hopes of slowing or distracting him.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next