Future thing

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Future thing

Post by Kazukedud on Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 am

When she had gotten Raven cleaned up for the most part and had his wounds bandaged, she put the bloodied rags in the bucket and drew back."I'll find you some blankets, I'm afraid the few beds we have are occupied." She apologized, struggling to get up from her kneeling position, using the wall for support as she did so before heading out. She returned with a bedroll and a water ration, laying them down for her. "Kait's husband is going back to the military for tonight, and she and the kids are staying here for now."
Kazukedud
Admin

http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed May 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Sliet thanked the old woman, nodding. That was good. She didn't think she could sleep with josephe in the same building.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed May 31, 2017 11:25 pm

Raven heard a loud blaring noise, and blinked in confusion, waking up out of the murk of sleep and trying to focus. Everything hurt and the noise wasn't pretty, but he felt an odd relief and confusion as he took in the familiar walls of the care center and looked over to see Sliet beside him. He attempted to sit up, taking in the sirens that were going off in the distance. He felt his stomach drop as unwelcome memories flooded his head, but he tried to push them down. Was an attack happening at the border?
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Sliet groaned at the noise waking her, pulling the blanket over her head tiredly. She was sorely missing her bed back on flora right now. Where things were quiet until one of the kids did something, and it was always warm and soft. She needed her rest after yesterday.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 am

Raven managed to push himself up on his elbows and snuffled sleepily through his injured nose, coughing a bit and trying to get a full breath as he pushed his blankets back and clambered unsteadily to his feet, walking sorely to the window. Outside the sky was still dim, grey and barren, but through the flurries the skyline lay gilded in silvery-pink sunlight. There was no-one in the streets, but he felt a sense of impending danger. He turned back but noticed Sliet barely even trying to get up and felt worry and guilt over her state; she must have exhausted herself last night. He still had some pain and minor injuries, and he doubted it was because she hadn't cared enough to help them. As steadily as he could manage, he knelt beside and hugged her gently, feeling grateful towards the other and trying to rouse her kindly, he sat back and rubbed her arm a bit. "Sliet...Sliet, take whatever energy you need." He whispered, putting his hand down beside her. "I feel great, I think you overdid it. Just until you get some food." He encouraged, trying to sound chipper, but feeling very concerned over both the sirens and Sliet.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Sliet groaned again whenraven tried to rouse her, taking his hand and trying to pull him closer so that she could cuddle him, refusing to take any energy from the boy, and still not wanting to get up.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Raven let out a muffled noise of confusion as she tugged him down beside her, he didn't resist but tensed a little as some of the pain flared up from the movement, wincing before he settled beside her on blankets. He blinked at her curiously, waiting for her to take the energy, or maybe say something, but she just seemed to be hugging him. "Sliet, what are you doing?" He asked softly.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Sliet grunted quietly from under the blankets, mustering energy to answer. "Mm cuddling." she she muttered, lazily patting the boy on the head.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Raven laid beside the other for a moment, worried, but felt warmth fill his chest and leaned into her for a moment, folding his arm over hers affectionately. He was glad she was here, but he still felt confused and pained by the night before as things started to come back in little shreds of detail, and noise outside was starting to cause him serious concern, his aching head throbing with each tone shift of the sirens. He pulled away from Sliet, tucking the blanket around her as he started to get up again, jolting in realization. "Is Vince safe?" he asked suddenly, starting to realize what had happened and what it might mean. "What happened? Was anyone hurt last night? What are you doing here? Where's Josephe, did the military find out what happened?" He asked anxiously, the terror in his voice growing as he tried to get to his feet again.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Sliet sighed. He really wasn't going to let her sleep. She pished the blanket off, sitting up a bit and rubbing her eyes. "Everyone's fine. Joswphe went back to the military because they suspect nothing. And I came looking for you because I worry about you and you have a habbit of doing dumb things." she said, sounding tired and unimpressed.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Raven looked at the other in concern, feeling guilty at her explanation and glancing down. He couldn't exactly tell her he'd been fine on his own, and she'd gotten into this mess to come after him, and she didn't look too good. "Sliet... I... I'm sorry I got you into this. I couldnt..." He trailed off, uncertain of how to apologize, before glancing up at her and trying to muster a strong face. "You should really take some energy. There's a lot to do around here. I'm used to working tired, but it's going to be hell for you today until you make it back to bed tonight if you're feeling bad, Elinore doesn't really believe in breaks or taking it easy." He warned her, holding out his hand again for her to take.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Sliet reached out to take ravems hand reluctantly, taking a little bit of energy so that Raven would leave her alone about it.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 am

Raven braced himself for the drain, but it wasn't bad, he didn't feel much more exhausted then he already was. He opened his mouth to speak before Elinore knocked and opened the door, her old face plastered with a constant expression of worry. He wasn't sure if she was concerned or just stressed, but he watched her eyes light up when she saw him awake, and felt another pang of guilt as he quickly scrambled to his feet, feeling an odd disorientation as he did so. She looked like she wanted to yell, but said nothing as she crossed the room and took a rough hold of his face with one crumpled hand. "Morning Elinore... I-" He mumbled sheepishly as she tilted his head to the side and checked his scalp.
"Sh." She hushed. "Hold still." She checked his head over, looking for injuries or infected cuts, but whatever Sliet had done had held through the night. She pulled a flashlight from her pocket and flicked it on, checking his dilation, but it didn't look good and she chuffed in displeasure, and frowned as he flinched away from the light. "You've got nothing to explain you thick gobshite, it's done." She snapped, drawing back. "You're concussed, you would be dead it wasn't for her." Elinore jabbed a finger at Sliet without looking over, seeming infuriated. "Are you trying to put us both in the ground?"
"Elinore..." Raven started, but she didn't let him finish, thumping his chest just hard enough to sting with the back end of her broom. "If you can make excuses, then you can make breakfast, go wash the blood off you and get started would ya?" She ordered bitterly, watching him head out of the room before looking to Sliet. "We need all the help we can get if you're willing to stick around, but if you have to leave, I understand." She addressed her, in a more forgiving tone. "If you're staying, Raven will show you what to do, but he might need help today, he shouldn't be lifting or operating a stove on his own right now." She explained bluntly. She knew Sliet was new, and appreciated the other's help, but if she was sticking around she would need the added assistance.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Sliet listened to the scary old lady nodding, a bit more awake now. "I'm not sure I /can/ leave. Not for a couple days anyway. I don't think I have enough energy for the trip home just yet. And I think those sirens mean that its going to be a lot harder to jump the border this time." she told the woman, pushing herself to her feet and rubbing her eyes. "Thank you for letting me stay here though. I'll keep an eye on him and help where I can."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:14 am

Elinore nodded, seeming to think for a moment. "Thank you, and anyone is welcome here as long as they do what they can to pitch in." She replied, heading out to begin tending to those who needed it.

Raven hurriedly peeled and cut small, raggedy potatoes on the kitchen counter, his hands moving quickly but clumsily as he worked away, murmuring to himself, trying to work out how many he would need in total to feed the residents there today. When Sliet showed up, he glanced up briefly, glad she was there, but worried for her. "H-hey, could you, uh-" He glanced around, lost for a moment, trying to find words that escaped him. "Uh, the oven... uh-" He frowned in frustration, trying to think. "Could you please grease the pans and...could you put the potato chunks in the oven to cook?" He got out uncertainly. "The pans are in the side cupboard, and the oil is under the sink." He added, still cutting away, stifling a yawn.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Sliet stepped into the kitchen quietly, looking around. She started to collect the requested items wordlessly, doing as she was asked. She was going to have to be careful with her temper today, being as tired as she was and by extention, how much weaker than usual.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:39 pm

When the food was more or less finished, Raven set three plates aside for Elinore, Sliet and himself, and distributed the rest of the potato fries and runny but hot roasted canned tomatoes tray by tray to those who could eat. He felt weak and lightheaded but kept up with his job, not wanting to stress Elinore out more than she already was.

Wanting to escape the kitchen for a few moments, he took his plate to check on Caligo by the fire. 'H-hey, mind if I sit with you? How're you feeling this morning?" He asked gently. The other's concussion had seemed pretty severe, but he'd probably made it through the worst.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Sliet took her breakfast once they had finished, going to sit in a group of kids, sitting in the middle and letting them huddle in for warmth, still looking grumpy.

Caligo poked at the potatoes on his plate, looking up with a small smile when raven came over. "yeah. Sure. I'm good thanks." he said with a smile.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 am

Raven sat down beside the other, feeling a wave of exhaustion wash over him when he was finally at rest. He felt like he'd been in a constant state of alarm since waking up, and it was difficult to grasp everything that happened in the last twenty-four hours. "Thank you, and that's good, I'm glad you're feeling better." He replied quietly, trying to get a few forkfuls of potato down. He hadn't known whether the boy was going to pull through either, but he looked a lot more alert.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top