Future thing

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Future thing

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Sliet nodded when Elinore addressed her, getting to her feet and brushing herself off. She looked about ready to jump at him again when he said raven wasn't there. Had he done something to him? "Where would they have taken the kid?" She asked seriously, looking determined.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Josephe frowned as Sliet spoke again. "No, I wont let you run in there and kill soldiers and cause an uproar, he could be at any of three, maybe four camps. I don't know what you're here for, but if you get caught things are only going to escalate and everyone will be sent into combat stage, which will make things even more impossible. " He told her tensely. "If he's coming back it should be soon-"

Elinore, still looking slightly faint and uncertain, spoke up. "And if they're caught? What happens then? Will they kill him?"

Josephe opened his mouth to reply before the door burst open again, Vincent shut the door, winded as he ran over to Josephe, hugging him tightly around his waist. "Dad!" He yelped, pulling back and looking around in bewilderment for his mother and siblings. He looked breathless and pale, wearing the Federation's blue beneath Raven's darker coat, his eye wide with fear and exhaustion.
"What happened? Were you followed?" Josephe asked tersely. 
Vince shook his head, looking around at the strangers and hoping to see his mom. "N-No, I don't think so, I- I-" He took a minute, trying to catch his breath again. "A guy came and found me and got me away from the other soldiers- he said you and mom sent him and to come here, but they caught him when we were running." He explained, still holding on tightly to Josephe.
Kazukedud
Admin

http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Sliet snarled at Josephe. "If you couldn't catch me what makes you think they could?!" she snapped, fully prepared to scrap again.
She jumped when the kid burst in, watching him perplexed. She felt worry and anger dawn on her at the boys explanation, and this time the anger wasnt entirely directed at Josephe. She grit her teeth turning on her heel and heading for the door. If he ran here it couldn't be that far away. 

Kait stepped out of the out of the bedroom quietly, concerned by the comotion. She watched things unfold, feeling relief wash over her when vince arrived. She pushed her way through the group of people to her son. "Vince!"  she shouted, kneeling down to hold him.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Josephe narrowed his eyes at Sliet for a moment, but hesitated. "Vince, where did Raven find you?"
Vince looked up, hesitating for a moment. "The bunker houses by the canal, they're training all the recruits there." He explained, looking concerned. When Kait rushed over, he  left Josephe to meet her and hugged her tightly, taking in a shaky breath and finally tearing up a bit as his mother held him. "Is Egg okay?" He asked in worry.

Josephe turned as Sliet headed off, following her, his face full of hesitance and anger. "I'm coming, I'll lead us there." He told her, his tone definite but more cautious than normal. He turned for a moment and rubbed Vincent's arm. "Get that uniform off..." He added, wanting to say more, but hesitantly making eye contact with Kait before following after Sliet. He felt insane for doing this, but enough was enough.

Elinore stood beside them, her face drained of all color as she listened to the others speak, looking up as Sliet and Josephe took off, feeling suddenly weak.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Kait laughed a little bit at the boys question, reaching a hand up to stroke his hair. "Egg is fine sweetie." she told him softly, feeling tears sting her own eyes. She pulled back for a second, looking Vince up and down with worry. "They didn't hurt you did they?" she asked, barely noticing Josephe. 

"Like hell you are!" Sliet shouted as she stormed out into the cool night air. Admittedly she had no plan, and she didn't really know where she was going, but she had done more with less before.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Vince hesitated but shook his head. "No, ma-ma, I'm okay." He told her, starting at the buttons of his oversized uniform like his father had said. "Are Stella, Roe and Laurel okay? Can I see them?" He asked worriedly.

Josephe followed her quickly, having picked up his gun again, but he had it holstered. "I know where to go. And I have command over the soldiers. I am coming." He warned, keeping pace with her at a steady march.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Sliet turned on him in a flurry, rage burning in her eyes." You let Raven go alone in the first place. You abandoned him. Last time I saw you, you almost killed him. And ME for that matter. I can't trust you. I don't even know how you're alive. But i refuse to work with you." she shouted, jabbing a finger in his direction every time she reffered to him, trying to emphasize her point.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Josephe brushed past her, continuing walking, his anger and discomfort growing with each of her words. "Then don't." He retorted, carrying on towards the camp in the darkness. "Or follow me as an informant, walk around freely, and help me find him sooner, before they kill him."
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Sliet snarled, clearly dissatisfied with his answer. "And whose to say you wont just do that anyway?"she snapped at him.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Josephe rounded on the other then, ready to lash out, but attempted to restrain himself, given the situation at hand. "I'm not doing this. either leave, or help me. I'm sick of the federation harming my family. You're smart, or at least I thought so, if I wanted to kill Raven or you, you think I would have missed? I did what had to be done to complete my orders, and I still nearly died because of him and the girl getting in the way. Are you finished, or would you rather argue while they torture him to find out about Vincent and everything else?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 29, 2017 7:21 am

Sliet snarled at him, wanting to keep arguing but he was right. " fine. You lead. " she growled, frustrated with the situation.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am

Josephe, satisfied, hurried on, slipping through the back-ways into the training base. He wasn't concerned with being seen, but he worried that he might get caught up or questioned, especially with Sliet in tow.
"What are you doing here, your ship of people?" He asked quietly as they maneuvered the streets. "We've been told you're here to conquer and pillage." He told her darkly. "Is this the war we think it is?" Josephe added slowly. He'd seen things that had made him question everything in the last few years, and he knew about the refused communications. Although, he wasn't entirely sure he could trust the other in the first place.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Sliet followed grumpily, giving a sigh when Josephe spoke. "No. No it is not. At first we just wanted to leave, get out of here. But when we got where we were going they were surprised. They thought everyone here was dead." she explained, starting the story from the beginning. "They thought that we should come back and try and bring more people, because that place is so much safer."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Josephe looked at her, seeming skeptical, but as he opened his mouth to speak, a young Lieutenant ran up, looking frustrated and scared. 
"Captain Dumont, there's been another rebel attack; a lot of files were stolen and several recruits disappeared!"
Josephe took on an angry, stern expression.  "Were the rebels killed?"
"No Sir, we caught one, and we can't find any trace of the others or the recruits, but Lt. Singer is interrogating the captive now." She reported.
"Where?"
"In the supplies and munitions tent. Captain cook is on her way but she hasn't given us orders yet."
He nodded. "Search the western Quadrent, I'm going to find out where those rebels are hiding." He told her grimly, sending her off and picking up the pace in the direction of the supply tent. "Keep calm, we do this without a fight." He warned her, before stepping in. 

Lt Singer was leaning over a bit, his coat removed and the sleeves of his white shirt pushed up around his elbows, but that hadn't stopped his clothes from being spotted with blood alongside his hands. As he noticed the two enter, he stood quickly at attention. "Captain Dumonte, we-"
"We know, Lt Myers is looking for the others. Have you gotten anything out of this one? Locations, Numbers?"
The Lt sulked a bit at this. "Not yet Sir, but I'm working on it." He told the other confidently, a sick smirk on his face. 
"Why are you smiling Lieutenant, do you think this is a game? And did it occur to you that the weapons storage isn't the best place for a dangerous captive?"
"I smashed his knees and hands, he's not going anywhere."
Josephe frowned, now trying to contain the anger growing inside him. 
"We'll handle it from here, Lt." He growled. "Go join up with Lt. Myers and Sweep the western quadrant."
Sam looked slightly disappointed for a moment. "I can do this, he'll break soon-"
"Go!" Josephe shouted, his anger showing through before he regained himself and swallowed. "We have an intelligence agent here to handle this. Tell Captain Cook it's been dealt with."
"Yes Captain." The other groaned bitterly, his tone completely unfit for a lower rank as he grabbed his jacket and headed out.

Raven sat slumped against a group of crates, breathing roughly with his head lolled to the side against his shoulder. Fresh gashes  and bruises covered his arms, hands and torso, while his hair and face were caked with half-dried blood.  As the Lt. left him and he heard Josephe's voice, he felt his blood run cold in terror, and swallowed, not sure what was coming.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Sliet blinked at josephe as he instructed her, not agreeing to his plan. She would do what she had to if it came down to it. Her shoulders stiffened the secons she stepped into the tent, clenching her hands into fists to keep them from shaking and biting her cheek to maintain control and not beat this lieutenant to death.he seemed too damn eager. 
She watched the flap fall shut behind him before she moved, rushing forward to help raven, looking over his injuries in distress. "This is why I don't like letting you go places alone." she she whispered reaching to try and heal the worst of his injuries.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Raven blinked as he heard Sliet's voice, opening his eyes to try and focus in confusion as he took a pained breath. He attempted to draw his legs up and sit up a bit but the damage sent pain up through them, and he couldn't move them or his hands much with the ties around his ankles and wrists anyway, and let out a muffled groan, frowning and tensing before continuing to breathe unevenly, letting his eyes flutter shut again and resting his head back against the crate. 
"I'm sorry Sliet..." He choked out pitifully, only half aware of what was going on; his head felt like it had been split open. Where had she come from? How? Why? As some of the pain eased he blinked at her again, his dark eyes dilated from either pain or a concussion. "I...how did you get here? H-how did you even find me?...You're the best mom ever..." He told her weakly, not entirely sure where he was; if he was dying or what Sliet had gone through to save him, but she was here.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 30, 2017 7:37 am

Sliet shooshed him when he tried to move, feeling a bit OF pride and worry when he said she was the best. " I came looking for you at the center. He told me where you were. Actually helped." she told him, looking at josephe over her shoulder, continuing her efforts to heal raven.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 30, 2017 10:48 am

Raven looked over Sliet's shoulder as he spoke, focusing on Josephe, looking even more bewildered, but as her words sank in he tried to hold down a smile, blinking quickly as he felt his eyes water. Regained a serious - if disoriented expression - he spoke softly. "Thank you." He told the other. "Is Vince safe?"

Josephe, watching the two with concern, gave a brief nod. "Yes, he's home with Kait."He replied, not sure what to feel at the other's expression or even the whole situation. How could Raven feel anything but hate towards him, after all this time? Besides that, Sliet obviously cared for the boy a lot; Had raven called her mom? He didn't fully grasp their relationship, but it was clear they meant something to each other. Eitherway, Sliet was so far proving her intentions here weren't malicious or self centered. He had figured she'd been so worried because of the information  Raven might've given away, but that didn't seem to be her priority at all. Maybe she wasn't lying about the invaders? "We should leave if he can stand, if Captain Cook arrives I can't overrule her."

"Cook?" Raven asked, suddenly curious. "Not... not Cook, Cook?"
"Yes, the one who was in your squadron under Anderson."
"But... she was sick?" He questioned, but felt his heart soar with the possibility his friend was alive.
"She still is, and she's a captain now. Our army was devastated after Station..." He added, but decided this discussion was best for another time.
Raven looked at Sliet hopefully, still half-out of it but thinking hard. "She's a good person... sh-she'll, she can help us-"
"Slow down, we need to get you back to the Center." Josephe repeated.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Sliet bristled at the mention of the station, but kept her mouth shut. "As much as I hate to agree, sticking around is a bad idea." she said, reaching to heal Ravens knees next.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Feeling exhausted, Raven went quiet while Sliet tried to heal him, closing his eyes again for a few moments, still trying to sort everything out. When she was done with his legs, he shifted them, seeming to relax a bit once the pain faded. They could fix the rest later, he didn't want to tire Sliet out. 

Josephe kneeled and wrapped his arm around the other's back, pulling him up carefully but effortlessly and taking the unsteady boy's weight. "If we get questioned, let me talk." He warned, glancing at the two before heading out of the tent and aiming for the less crowded side of camp to leave through. 

The support helped, but Raven felt dizzy and agonized as he forced himself to walk as quickly as he could, but could feel himself becoming faint the longer they went, not sure if he'd lost too much blood or if the head injury was doing this to him. He tried to push on a little longer, just until they were safe, but the moment they had made it into the cover the streets he crumpled against Josephe, loosing consciousness.
Josephe swore as he went down, checking to make sure he was breathing before hooking one arm around his back and the other under the crook of his knees, picking him up with little difficulty.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Sliet watched raven with concern. He really did look tiny when josephe held him like that. She picked up the pace, just wanting to get back to the care center.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 30, 2017 11:36 pm

When they had made it back to the Center, Josephe waiting for Sliet to open the door, and as she did so, he headed inside, only to be met with Elinore, whose face had taken on a look of fury and deturmination. "Over here." She told him, leading them off to another side room with a bedroll on the floor, carrying in her arms a bag of rags and supplies. Josephe knelt again, laying the boy down gently on the thin blankets as Elinore frantically looked over him. "Get my some of the boiled water from the stove in the kitchen." The old woman ordered, but her voice was shaking. 

As Josephe left, she checked Raven to make sure he was breathing and that his heart was beating, then started checking him over for wounds, starting with his head. "What happened?" She asked Sliet, without looking up, but grew more distraught the more she looked over him. "I think his skull is fractured, severe concussion, internal bleeding in his torso and maybe his brain, I don't have anything, any supplies, nothing." She whispered, staring down hopelessly at the boy. She had a needle and twine, some mild painkillers and first aid supplies, but not much more, and she couldn't start surgery without anesthetic, let alone anything to keep him from bleeding to death while she worked.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed May 31, 2017 12:07 am

Sliet walked in after josephe with an air of calm about her, especially compared to the others. "Some jackass tried to get information out of him." she answered, listening as Elinore described exactly what was wrong. She set a hand over the old womans, trying to reassure her and get her out of the way a bit. "He'll be fine. I've got this." she said softly, letting go of the others hand in favor of setting it on ravens stomach reaching the other one up to rest it gently on the side of his head, closing her eyes in concentration.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed May 31, 2017 12:42 am

Elinore watched the dark-haired woman quietly, drawing back as the other put her hands on Raven.  If this was the person Raven had told her about, this Sliet, then she understood that the other was healing him, but still felt wary as she sat back, unable to help. She waited in Silence, listening to the other's breathing become less labored, and felt confidence and relief that Sliet was helping. 
Josephe returned with the water, and she soaked some of the rags, waiting until Sliet had moved back to wipe away the blood and grit so that she could bandage the surface wounds and clean him up.  "Thank you.  Raven told me about you and the others like you. He thinks the world of you. He said you took care of him and have were like a mother to him. Thank you for everything you've done." She told the other, speaking softly in the dark room, only candles keeping it lit. "He's a stupid, reckless boy. Having a parent is good for him." She muttered, though there was no real anger in her voice, only worry.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed May 31, 2017 9:57 am

Sliet sat back when she was done, stopping before she exhausted herself completely. She smiled weakly at Elinores words. "No thanks necessary." she told the old woman, debating on whether or not she had the strength to stand up at the moment.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top