Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 38 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Sliet cocked her head curiously at raven's answer, ignoring Anderson completely. He really was a smart kid. "N0. no. I-it's just... You can feel that?" she asked skeptically. She didn't think it was possible for normal people to sense them.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Raven nodded. "Pel feels the same. I.. don't know how to describe it. It's not really that prominent unless you're used to it, it's almost like static. I think those with the nanotechnology give off some kind of different electrical field, or.. or energy or something..?" He replied uncertainly. It was something between what he could hear and what he could feel, he didn't know how it worked, it was just there.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:56 am

Sliet regarded him quizzically. She'd never heard of anything like that. This  was usually something she would ask Kat or Otifer about, but she couldn't go to them for answers anymore, she remembered sadly. Who could she ask now? Was it comon knowledge here? Maybe she could ask that doctor guy from the other day. He seemed nice. She stared at the table for a moment, even her apetite disipating before she shook it off and turned back to Raven. "What else did Pel tell you?" She asked curiously, trying to keep her tone light. This was information that she usually kept to as few people as possible for safety reasons, to keep the federation in the dark as much as possible and such, but she didn't have to worry about that anymore either.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:15 am

Raven glanced at the other, trying to think back. There was something uncomfortable about Sliet's tone. He wondered how much he should know. "Well, she explained a lot about how the nano-tech works in her body and, I guess just everything she was told and how she understood it." He replied softly. "I'm sorry if I shouldn't know... I would never ever use it against you though." The boy added the last part on honestly, trying not to make her anymore worried. He couldn't imagine hurting Sliet or the others at this point, she was like family.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:26 am

"Oh no, don't worry about it, kiddo. Probably better if you know anyway. Someone has to take care of Pel, and I don't have eyes in the back of my head. "She told him, shrugging it off. "Besides, you're the last person I would worry about doing that." She added, turning a cool glare on Anderson.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:46 am

Raven glanced down at the mention of his friend. She'd been in to visit, but he hadn't seen her much, the longer she was left alone the more likely she was to bite off more than she could chew.

Anderson glared back at her. "If I wanted to kill you, I would have tried by now." He replied bitterly, though made no effort to get up or leave in his offense. "Besides, how do you know Dumonte over there isn't just waiting for his chance to spring? He's too smart to be as dumb as he acts."
Raven looked at the other with a conflicted expression. "I don't act dumb."
"So you are dumb, then?"
"Ye-no. I don't think so-" Raven stumbled, then put his head down again, too tired for this argument.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:52 am

Sliet frowned at Anderson's response. "Be nice, Dudley." She muttered, reaching for her food again.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:48 pm

SKIP

The therapist, a smallish man with reddish, graying hair, sat in his chair, somewhat across from the others, fixing his papers calmly and smiling over at them. "Alright, so, we have you together because we'd thought you'd feel a little more comfortable around familiar faces. I'm going to ask you some questions, open discussion is welcome, and everything you say is confidential, we're just going to try and open up a bit, so we can figure out what would be best to help you heal." He started, his voice rather quiet. "So, what's a challenge you find you're facing after leaving Earth? Anything really? If you're having trouble sleeping because of restlessness or nightmares, if you're finding it hard to be around so many people or on a different scedule?" He asked.

Raven sat on one side of Sliet, as small as he could make himself and keeping his eyes lowered, while Anderson was on the other, looking relatively bored.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:59 am

Sliet stared at the man, sizing him up. He didn't seem to have any ill intent, but that was for time to tell. And as far as familiar faces and comfort went, whoever had thought of that had obviously never met Anderson.
She found it difficult not to sniff when the man spoke. Difficulties? Here? The only difficulty she had now that she didn't have six months ago was gaining the freedom to leave the walls of this facility. That, and staying awake all day. "Nothing more than usual." She muttered almost bitterly. She was kind of starting to hate this place by now.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 am

The man nodded, looking interested. "Well, it's good if you aren't finding it any harder here... Can I ask what the usual issues are for you? Are any of you struggling from anything persisting since before you reached earth?" Of course they were, but the whole point of this exercise was to get them to talk willingly so they could find the roots of their issues and how to correct them.

Anderson glanced over at Sliet as she answered in a less than amiable tone. Nice to know being grumpy was acceptable; maybe she wanted away from this man as much as he did. As the therapist asked them about long lasting problems, he spoke up. "I have persisting leg pain and headaches from all the people talking to me." He responded, folding his arms and shifting his leg gingerly. "Getting asked dumb questions make my knee flare right up." He smiled joylessly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Sliet had difficulty not laughing at Anderson's response, almost feeling bad for the psychologist guy. Almost. "Yeah. Same old nightmares. Not even much new content. Only new thing is that green stuff in the cafeteria. " she said, leaning back in her chair and trying to mimic Anderson's expression.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Raven took in a quiet breath at the two others. They were never going to get out of here.

The man hesitated at their replies, trying to keep his voice gentle. "I understand you've all been through a lot, though, I need your help if we want to make things better for you, Alright?" He replied, crossing his legs. "Y-you mentioned nightmares... are they keeping you from sleeping? Would you mind sharing what they're about?" He asked.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Sliet's expression soured when the man asked her to share her nightmares. That was a touchy subject with anyone, let alone Raven, Anderson and a completer stranger. "Yes. I would mind actually." She growled in warning to the man.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:23 am

The therapist hesitated. "Okay, okay... we're just trying to build trust and support through talking, you know? Why don't we just have someone talk honestly about something they've been dealing with?" He asked desperately.

Anderson folded his arms again, refusing to speak.

Raven hesitated, glancing at the two "adults" before speaking up. Someone was going to have to play the system. He wanted to get into that university program dammit, and this wasn't helping. "I-I'll go.. a-about the nightmares. I think most of us have them, but a lot of it's kind of close to us, and, please understand that a lot of us have gone through things that make us feel ashamed, or hurt to think and talk about, so it's hard." He tried to explain softly, not wanting to make the other feel like it was his fault they'd had a hard time. "Mine a-are more about f-frightening situations where I'm trapped. S-sometimes I c-can't move my legs, or I'm tied up or being held down, and s-someone is hurting or suffocating me and I can't get away; usually someone I'm close to, e-even if they wouldn't do anything to hurt me in real life. Ll-loss of control dreams, mostly." He told the other awkwardly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:02 am

Sliet looked over at Raven worriedly when he spoke. She didn't know that. She looked down, feeling almost guilty for a moment before fixing the strange man with a cool glare. The last thing she wanted to do was to talk about her nightmares, but if that would get her out of here faster... "Dogs sometimes." she said vaguely, half under her breath. That was the least of it, but it was all he was going to get for now.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 pm

LE SKIP AGAIN

Raven fallowed Sliet down the hall towards their new apartment, carrying his small bag of belongings against his chest. He hadn't much left from earth; his scarf and a few items of clothing and things from the ship that hadn't been lost or ruined. In addition, he had a few texts he'd been lended from the schooling institute when he'd expressing interest in the medical field while still in the correctional facility. He had enough knowledge and experience to become a registered doctor, but there were  a lot of differences here on Flora, and he wanted to make sure he was familiar with them before taking any sort of exam or assessment.

When they'd nearly reached the door, he looked up in surprise to see Anderson down the hall, entering the room next to theirs. The man caught sight of his new neighbors and pretended to ignore them with a heavy sigh, closing his door promptly behind him. Raven didn't know how to feel, but tried to offer a small wave before the man disappeared.

Harir got up when he heard someone at the door, cautiously going to open it. He knew they were safe here, but he still felt worried by everything. When he opened the door to Sliet, he smiled immediately, stepping forward to wrap her in a hug, just glad to see her again. He felt relief and happiness fill his chest as he held onto her for a moment before drawing back. "H-Hey, come in," He spoke up, holding the door open and stepping back into the room.

Raven smiled as the two embraced, stepping a little out of their way. As Harir let them in, he looked around uncertainly at the foreign environment. The polished white walls and floor, the neat and tidy little kitchen and the soft looking chairs. The wide, rectangular window that stretched along one side was plated with thick glass in the side of the former ship, though it was open and lined with potted plants he'd never seen before. He walked carefully over to it, as if scared he was going to ruin the clean environment just by walking on it. Looking outside curiously he noted they were several stories off the ground and felt his stomach flip a little, stepping back cautiously. He didn't think he'd ever been more than twenty feet off the ground. He felt something hit him from behind and let out a yelp of terror, tensing up as Pel grabbed him.

Pel laughed as her friend shrieked, hugging him tightly for a moment before realizing he'd gone limp in her arms and was slumping towards the ground. "Raven?" She asked, suddenly fearful for the other. "I think I just- I-" Could you kill someone by scaring them? She didn't know. She probably should have asked first. "Sliet! What's wrong with Raven?!" She called out, immediately afraid, though glanced down to see the other blinked at her, looking jumpy and confused.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Sliet hugged him back tightly, nuzzling into his shoulder affectionately. She smiled contentedly, feeling a profound calm wash over her. She had really missed him. She let go almost reluctantly when Harir pulled away to let them into the room. She stepped in curiously. The place seemed almost too clean, but she was positive that that would change sometime soon with all four of them here. She jumped a little bit when Raven yelped, turning to see what the matter could be when she saw pel and relaxed. She let out a small sigh when she noticed that the boy had fainted. And so it begun. "Don't worry. He's fine." She said simply. He could explain the details if he wanted to.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Pel shrugged at Sliet's reply, helping the other get up as they both headed off to look around.

Harir walked over to the kitchen area, turning to face Sliet and still smiling. He didn't know what to say They;d made it, they were all okay and finally here together, it didn't seem possible. "Look, real food." He pointed out a little excitedly, opening the fridge compartment. "The city has a massive surplus of food all the time, so no one's going hungry, even with all the people from earth, they're signing us all up to jobs so we can start to work for our keep though." He added, then hesitated. "I don't even know where to start.." He trailed off, closing the door. "I'm so glad you're back."

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:19 am

Sliet gasped dramatically at the sight of the food in the fridge, though she had to admit, some of that stuff didn't quite look like regular food either. "Holy shit. Are you telling me that there's actually food that doesn't come in a package that you have to add water to? I didn't think it existed anymore!" She said jokingly.
She smiled a bit more softly when he trailed off, leaning forward to take his hand and kiss him lightly on the cheek. "I missed you too."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:33 am

Harir smiled as the other kissed him, wrapping her in a hug again and resting his head lightly on her shoulder. He stayed holding her for a moment and ignoring her sarcasm as he gently threaded his fingers through her hair. "So they decided you're no longer a threat to traffic, huh?" He teased softly.

*skip*

Raven returned to the apartment several hours after he'd left with Sam, opening the door slightly, slipping through and closing it quietly behind him. He didn't look up as he walked in, clutching his sleeves and tugging them down to cover more of his hands as he walked past the others and headed quickly towards his room, keeping his tear-reddened eyes lowered. Luna got up from near the window and hurried over when she heard the boy enter the main room, making it too late to the door of his bedroom and whining unanswered from outside.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Sliet was startled by the sound of Luna's whines, setting aside her violin to investigate the problem. She frowned worriedly at the small dog waiting by the door. She approached cautiously, gently knocking on the door. "Raven?" she asked, uncertain if he was even home. She couldn't remember hearing him come in. She opened the door a crack, just enough for her to peek in and let Luna through.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Raven jumped at the sound of Sliet's voice, sitting up from where he'd collapsed on the bed and immediately trying to wipe his eyes free of tears with the back of his hand, only making them redder before he replied. "C-come in-" He voiced hesitantly, avoiding looking up at the other and trying to hide how upset he felt.

As the door was opened Luna pushed through and went over to greet the boy, sitting at his feet and wagging her tail as she looked up at the other curiously.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Sliet slipped past the door, shutting it behind her and looking at the boy in alarm. "Are you alright?" She asked him worriedly, resisting the urge to rush forward and look him over for injuries. She didn't want to invade his space, especially if he was already upset.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 am

"Yeah... I'm okay." He replied after a moment, glancing up and noticing her worry as he ruffled Luna's fur. "J-just Sam." He took a breath, staring back at the floor and not even sure what to say to Sliet; were relationship issues even something worth getting upset over? He didn't understand why it hurt so badly. "H-he saw my scars and he-he got really worried, and then really afraid; I think he thought I'd done it to myself and that I was crazy or- or something. So I tried to explain about things but I think I just made it worse. He wanted me to leave, a-and was upset that I hadn't said anything. He said it was disgusting and that he didn't think he was ready to deal with 'all that'." Raven finished, just gesturing to himself in general and blinking sadly. "I'm sorry- it's just stupid stuff, I'm fine." He repeated, trying to clarify he wasn't hurt.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Sliet frowned as the boy explained, walking over to sit on the bed next to Raven and hugging him tightly. "It's not that stupid if it makes you this upset." She said gently, carefully running a hand over his hair. It hurt to see him like this, but as much as she hated to admit it, this wasn't something she could protect him from.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next