Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One Empty FW Part: One

Post by Deathcap Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:08 pm

(Setting : Overcast early morning in early winter, set in the Capitol City, the arrest and execution of all Union residents has been ordered by the military.  The military in the city and those sent from elsewhere have mobilized on foot and horseback and are armed.There are ways out of the city but most are guarded.)

Marcel wheeled his small horse around after having forwarded more orders to the soldiers gathered, and urged the animal on. It wasn't his job to go in and actually go assist his forces, he was simply relaying orders for the moment, thank god. He could hear the screams and smell the chaos in the air, and he felt it was spooking him more than his horse. It felt like the overcast sky was smothering this city, covering up the horror that was taking place. (with Somnia, Kayden(?))

Kathrine stepped carefully through the crowds as she pushed against the flow of people, making her way into the downtown area that everyone was fleeing from. She knew it was too late; she could hear the gunshots, see the flashes of dark blue uniforms up ahead. It was time to leave, to give up on all this; she had no identification, and she couldn't afford to make a scene; it was make it out now or suffer for it, but she couldn't force herself to turn around. She had to do something, even if it was just causing chaos to one unit. She took to the more narrow streets as the people thinned out and the military ranks thickened, A navy sea of gunsmoke and shouted orders. She looked carefully for Sliet, or any of the others as she attempted to stay hidden. When she spotted the other she grit her teeth, concerned by the mess of soldiers surrounding the other. She had to get her attention somehow, but then the others would see her. Taking a deep breath, she walked into the street calmly and kept her eyes lowered. As she passed a horse topped with a blue-clad captain, she brushed her hand lightly over it's flank and let waves of information flow into it's nervous system, a tumble of raw images of fire and predators. She was closer to Sliet by the time the animal panicked and lunged, growing wild and disoriented with fear. As it shrieked and tossed it's rider about, others' heads turned and some tried to aid their commander while others were met with the horse's retaliation. (with Sliet, pel)
She came up beside Sliet and made eye contact with the dark haired girl, urging her silently. "Sliet, quickly." She whispered, before taking off again into the opposite side of the street before her chance was gone.

Otto peered outside the window in horror at the people rushing all around like terrified animals, armed men fallowing and sweeping through the streets. He shrunk back as one turned their face towards him, their glaring eyes catching the dim light. Had they seen him? He sank to the floor below the windowsill and moved away, terrified. "Calor- when are mom and dad coming back?" He asked, his voice a quiet whimper as he moved away from the window. (with Calor, Kayden(?))
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

FW Part: One Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Sliet rode quietly, those under her command close as they made their way farther into the city. She looked around at those in her platoon, tryingmto think of a way to sabotage as much as possible without blowing her cover. She jumped in the saddle, startled as a horse in frontmof her reared. Pulling on the reins as to not run into anyone, she looked around for any possible cause, golden eyes going wide when they locked with Katherines. She watched the other run off and gritted her teeth before climbing down out of the saddle. She handed her reins to her leutenant, stiffly. "Here, take my horse and continue on with the others. Help calm down that mare, and when your done... well you know our orders. I have something i need to go check on, I'll catch up later." she ordered confidently. The man nodded,  carrying out her orders without question, though she could tell he was concerned for her. She had a habbit of dissappearing on him. Satisfied she folowed after Katherine, slowing as she caught up to the other. "That was stupid and reckless." she half growled, worrying about herself a bit at her tone. Maybe the military was starting to rub off on her a bit.

Calor reached over, pulling his younger brother close. "Soon." He said, though he knew it was a lie, he had to try and keep Otto calm if they were going to get out of this. He glacglanced arount the room quickly, looking for a place that they could hide until this was over. Of course he had no idea what exactly was going on, bibut it didnt exactly take a genius to know that it wasnt good.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:02 am

Kathrine hurried along as Sliet fallowed her, not brothering to look back. "What else would you have me do? Wave at you from the sidewalk?." She replied curtly before moving on and speaking in a hushed voice as she walked along at a fast pace, her heart racing. "Alex is working to get people through the eastern subways, it's all we've been able to do. When you get back keep the soldiers out of there. Try to divert them to the camps on the west if you can, there's no one left there and it'll buy us some time. The troops that were already in the city are completely out of line; they're already so hateful of the Unionists and aren't even bothering to formally arrest them. I've seen them gun down over a dozen people so far." She rambled , her voice tight before they reached a small alleyway. There were streaks of blood on the pavement where it looked as if something had been dragged. She stopped and looked back at the other, her eyes betraying a worried light. "Listen. I found another. Another one of us, here." She directed quietly, looking around to see if anyone else was nearby before walking forward and bending down to where a young, copper-haired girl was lying on the pavement with a blood-stained wool blanket pressed to her chest, her eyelids fluttering. "She's still alive, but I don't know how secure her regeneration system is; so far she's just hanging on.

Otto clung to the older boy as he was embraced, welcoming the comfort. He buried his face in the other's shoulder and tried to wish it all away. He just wanted the noise and violence outside to stop. He glanced up from the other to stare at the windows before shutting his eyes in fright as he heard banging at the door.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Sliet huffed as the othr replied, but said nothing more rather than continue and start an argument right now. This wasn't really the time for nonsense. She listened as Katherine described the situation with growing worry and frustration, though every word made sense in a way that she had already guessed most of it, she had just hoped she was over thinking. There had to be more they could do than this. The dark haired girl paled at Kaths words and the sight of the blood. She was one of them. Oh crap. She quickly fell to her knees beside the girl, using both hands to put pressure on the blanket. She grit her teeth, this was bad. She looked back up to Kath, gritting her teeth. "Even if fhe injury doesnt kill her, any soldiers that come throuh will, and us along with her. We have to move ... carefully... maybe find our way to Alex or something." She muttered, mostly for her own benefit of hearing her ideas out loud. Even if her idwas sucked though, they had to do something.

Calor jumped at the sound at the door. They were out of time. As fast as he could, the older boy pulled his brother to his feet and dragged him to the small closet in the corner of the room, opening the door and gently pushing the younger boy in. He put a finger to his lips in a shooshing gesture to his younger sibling before closing the door quietly. Having hidden his brother as best he could, Calor scrambled across the room, careful to stay out of sight of the window, and dove under the bed, curling up as small as he could.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Pel's silver eyes flicked open as the something pressed the blanket down on her pained chest, seeing another girl through darkened vision. She was too confused to be scared, but she tried to figure out what was going on before exhaustion overtook her again.

"Alex is on the other side of the town, helping people get out. The only way we're going to get out of the city is today; when things are still chaotic. They're closing down the borders now; pretty soon there won't be anyway out or in until they've taken care of all the unionists." Kathrine told the other, feeling distressed but trying to remain calm.
"I think she'll be okay if she rests- she was worse off when I found her, wasn't even hardly breathing, so she's healing some." The girl tried to assure her, kneeling next to her dark haired companion. "I wanted to know what you intend to do; if you want to stay with the military for now or switch with another. We have some undercover soldiers here in the city. Eitherway, I don't know when I'll see you again if you stay with them, so if there's anything you need, tell me now." She instructed quietly. "I'm going to be taking her to the station if she makes it."

Otto let out a terrified squeak as his brother whisked him over the the closet and stuffed him in before signaling for him to be silent. He stared back at Calor with wide blue eyes, not wanting to let go of the other as he closed the door. He when still in the darkness, watching the light under the edge of the door by his sock feet as he clutched the hem of his sweater with small fists. He heard the banging on the door continue and felt his heart beat in rhythm with the crashing sound and closed his eyes tightly. He heard a definite crack as the lock gave out and someone made their way into the small home. A couple sets of boots crossed the wooden boarding.
Glass broke with a splash as he pictured their mother's painted vase collide with the floor, and a metallic click he didn't understand.
He listened to the muttering voices of older boys.
"There's no one here, come on." Someone said, their voice tired, as if they were all fed up with breaking into houses for today.
"Let's at least look around, there might be money or something stashed somewhere."
"We have a job to do! hurry up."
He heard them walk about, cupboards opened and shelves were cleared of their books and drawers torn open.
The second voice exclaimed something again. "Murphy, look at this, shit!" He laughing, discovering something.
Otto trembled, hoping desperately that they hadn't gotten Calor.
"What? A necklace? S'probably not even real, these refugees don't have any money. Can we move on? The captain's going to have my ass if we keep slacking."
Otto let his breath out in relief.
And then the closet door handle turned.
"Yeah, just hang on."
The little boy's heart turned to ice, he couldn't move or breath and didn't know what to do, his vision went spotty as the door started to push inwards.
"Now, Sam, I'm not getting in shit for this!"
The door stopped.
"Fine, fine!"
Otto barely heard the two boys stomp out through the open door over the heartbeat pounding in his ears as he stood paralyzed in the still half-open closet.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Sliet sighed as her companion tried to reassure her, lessening he grip on the blanket some. Golden eyes looked up in a mix of conflict and surprise as Kath asked her what she wanted to do. She hadn't even considered the possibility of going back, of letting someone else take her place. she could get away from all of this, or at least get farther away. But the people around her now already trusted her... more or less, bringing in so eone new would mea starting over. She bit her lip, considering her options. She met Kaths eyes before speaking. "I'm probably of most use staying here." She decided, however still sounding unsure.

Calor watched the mens feet from under the bed, though he had difficulty making out what they were saying due to the blood rushing in his ears. He nearly jumped out as one went to open the closet, though he was unsure what he would do if he did. Attack them ? Distract them maybe? He let out a heavy breath after they left, crawling out the second he was sure they were gone. the vibrant haired boy scrambled over to the closet, opening it and hugging his brother tightly. He stayed there for a long moment before pulling away amand looking at Otto quite seriously. "we have to run, okay? Take my hand and stay close. " he instructed before turning to the door to check how many people were out there.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Kathrine watched the dark haired girl as she seemed to mull things over, in conflict about what she wanted. She understood; the other likely didn't want to be around this, and she wouldn't blame her if she wanted to get out. She was surprised, but relieved when the other decided to stay. It made things a lot less complicated, even if it would be harder for Sliet.
"I'll get in contact with you as soon as I can. If you feel like you're in danger, or someone is suspicious of you, just get out, don't worry about keeping the false identity up; we wouldn't be able to help you if something goes wrong." Kathrine went on as she started to gather up the young girl in order to carry her. A moment before she turned to leave, she hesitated, considering the uncertainty in the other's voice. "...Sliet?.. Are you alright? If you need to get away from this, I understand..."

As Calor came over to him, Otto remained quiet. He was still scared that they would come back any second, but he felt safer with Calor there and nodded as the other spoke, staring back at the other and listening. He clasped his brother's hand obediently, and fallowed after him to the door. He peered around the older boy to try to get a look, though, what he saw just made him feel worse. The streets were a mess, with debris and people everywhere. He was pretty sure someone was even lying on the ground, not moving, over by an alley. He looked away, trusting Calor to know what to do.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Sliet considered Kaths instructions and nodded, watching as she gathered up the unconsious girl, crossing her arms across her chest. She looked up as Katherine spoke again. A small smile crept it's way into her features , though she hated herself a bit for staying, she knew it was probably the right choice. "Of course I'm alright. Now get the kid out of here before i change my mind." She she said in a joking tone, though she wasn't entirely joking. If the offer came up again, she would probably take it despite her better judgment.

melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Okay so timeskip for Madoo. Might be a little short, sorry.)

Harir walked in formation along with the group of other lieutenants and captains on to the correctional facility grounds. He watched quietly as they were radioed by the control tower and allowed inside the massive metal fence that bordered around the area by two grey-clad riflemen. After so many weeks in the field, it felt oddly alienating to be on foot and surrounded by huge walls of concrete and brick on every side.
He'd never set foot inside this place until now, and it was intimidating on it's own; with the deafening silence and perpetual grey atmosphere, but to be here after so long on open, barren, heaths, he felt as if he was in a cage.
The prison guards, who he couldn't help noting were atrociously unkempt and rough looking, led the way through a serious of rooms and halls deeper into the squat buildings. He supposed they were taking them to wherever the potential recruits would be displayed.
Harir knew the process quite well; the convicts would be lined up with their files available, and it would be up to the captains to ask them questions, drill them or test them in anyway that might show whether they were appropriate material or not. What bothered him is that he couldn't understand how they could expect any criminals who had broken the law to get here to be appropriate in the first place, or even loyal soldiers.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Sliet had to work had to suppress the shiver as they stepped through the gates. She felt trapped here, and did her best not to imagine herself being caught and ending up in a place like this, or maybe even worse. She tried not to make eye contact with any of the ragged looking guards until they came to the large courtyard. She glanced up and down the ranks of potential recruits, realizing she had forgotten the think of a method for choosing which ones to take. She definitely shouldnt be as helpful as possible to the military, but she couldnt be completely detrimental in her choices either or it would seem strange and she could be found out and end up somewhere worse than they were now. Perhaps if she chose some of the stronger, less mentally stable ones and hope she doesn't get stuck with them it wouldnt seem too strange. Or maybe if she looked at the reasons some of them were in here, she could find some that were arrested for various acts of treason and would be easy to flip to her side if the need should ever arise?
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Harir kept after Sliet, noting that it wasn't just him, but his captain as well who seemed unnerved. He fallowed along to where a few higher ranking officers were stationed. He glanced over the line of inmates quickly. They didn't look all that promising. It was easy to tell the ones who had been in regular confinement from those who had been there under severe charges. The latter were gaunt and scared, with ribs showing through their recycled, minimal uniforms. Some were as old as 50, others didn't look a day over fourteen. Still, as weak as they looked, the other inmates seemed to want to be as far away from them as possible. He'd had to work with a few before under his brother's command, and they'd been all but reformed into volatile killing machines. They'd learned to fallow orders to a fault, and fighting one was like cornering a rabid dog. He wasn't entirely sure what they went through here, but it changed them beyond what a regular recruit went through. He'd seen one in his squadron run out of ammunition and take out four more enemies with his trench spade before the fifteenth bullet had killed him.
The other inmates weren't in top shape either, they looked mostly scared and obedient, but at least they had life in their eyes. It wasn't up to him to decide on any in particular, though he could advise Sliet if she required it. Hopefully he could just remain silent and get this over with.

--------

Billy watched intently as the military personel who wandered in, trying to keep full composure. He wanted them to know that he was ready; he didn't want to go back into the building, never again. Some had had it worse; as he looked around he saw not only inmates from his own area, but those who had been kept in more secure confinement. He himself had been in minor confinement, and had worked on staying strong.

Raven stared silently at the ground, barely daring to take in a breath of fresh air. He was finding it hard to concentrate, to understand everything that was going on. They were choosing recruits for the military, out here in the feild, they had said. But the words meant nothing to him. He could smell earth, feel the movement of the air, see the sky. He didn't dare to look, to shift from where he had been told to stand, but his heart raced as he remembered it, as he realized it was still there and felt overwhelmed.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Sliet walked down the line of potential recruits, looking at each criticaly. She looked at the way they held themselves, their expressions, and observed the health of some, and though she wished she could help them, there was little shd could do. She took note of several of their numbers, requesting their files. She picked up a small pebble on her way to the first on her small stack of files, a particularly determined looking boy, number 902. She stopped in front of him, glancing over his file." It's Billy, correct? " she asked glancing up at him over the files.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed May 06, 2015 11:10 pm

The boy glanced up at the captain with a quick nod. "Billy Lunin, Captain," He replied quickly, trying to stand straighter. He was taller than most of the other boys, there was that. Maybe that was why she had come over, he wasn't really sure. He had been told not to speak unless spoken to, so he shut up after replying. He was a little confused that she hadn't called him William Lunin though,or just Lunin, and was a little thrown off... Despite that though, he was finally going to get out of here, thank god
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed May 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Sliet repressed a smile at his reaction, she was never really going to get used to this. "Okay then Bily Lunin. Catch. " she said, lightly tossing him the smooth pebble. She knew it was probably stupid, however they could test the inmates as they wished, she just wanted to see his reaction time.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed May 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Billy, slightly confused, took a quick step back and snatched the pebble from the air, almost missing it. He glanced at it in his hand. It was nothing special, just a rock. Was she testing his reflexes? He held in out again, watching the Captain warily as he did so.

Harir didn't comment, standing near by as the other threw something to one of the inmates. One of the guards shot a questioning look at him, tilting his head to gesture at sliet, and Harir glared back. He didn't know what she was up to either, but that was none of the guards business. Probably just testing things out, he guessed.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu May 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Sliet smiled, half from the fact that he had caught it, and half with the satisfaction that came with the realization of just how much she could get away with. "you get separated from your group in the field. what do you do?" she asked, meeting his holding his gaze, her golden eyes holding a mix of challenge and amusement.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu May 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Billy hesitated. "I would, uh, depending on the situation try to take cover and regroup carefully with the nearest Federation company. If I was behind enemy lines I would try to disrupt their units as much as possible, I- uh-" He hesitated, and then broke off and gave a nod, indicating that this was his answer.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Sliet nodded, satisfied with his answer. He quite obviously just wanted out of here. He would probably get himself killed bedore long, as much as she kind of pitied him. Turning, she walked farther down the line of people to the next in her pile 851. She skimmed over his file with a mixture of emotions. The poor kid was thrown in here for all of the wrong reasons, the ones that suited her just fine, but he didn't deserve this. Golden eyes looked over the boy curiously as she stopped in front of him. "Raven Dumont?".
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Raven winced as he heard himself addressed, and he looked up with a jolt but didn't meet the soldier's eyes. He was scared. He was so used to being addressed by his number and nothing else that he felt a pang of terror for responding to the name, almost certain he had made another mistake. He felt his hands start to shake again and gave a very quick nod. "Y-yes sargen-" No. no no no. Wrong. The sargent was the man in the room with him, the man who asked him to repeat things. He broke off abruptly, glancing at the ground again, his eyes wide with panic as he tried to correct himself. "-captain. Captain." He replied, repeating himself- as if to fix what he had done.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Sliet watched the boy, rather confused. She wasnt sure what kimd of reacrion she had expected, but that wasn't it. She chewed on the inside of her cheek absently. "You manage to get pinned down by gunfire with two other members of your unit. What do you do?" She asked, working to stay as relaxed as possible. She hated this place, she hated how it made her feel trapped, she hated what it did to people, she hated the guards and pretty much everyone else right at that moment.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 11, 2015 10:44 pm

Raven felt his heart race faster. He didn't know. He had no idea. He'd never held a gun or thought about being a soldier in his life. He tried to answer how he assumed she wanted him to, to consider how you could get out of that with weapons. "U-use something t-to give u-us cover. A granade- or-or some sort of a distraction- if we didn't have that- o-one of us could cover fire while the others moved, then, s-switch, so all three could get back.." He stuttered uncertainly, not sure where he had pulled that from or if it even made any sense.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Sliet smiled warmly and nodded. "You tdy that and one of your teammates gets injured. What then?" She asked with growing curiosity in the boy. He was stuttering and was evidently afraid, but his answer was rational all the same.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Raven glanced up. This was something he knew. He didn't remember all of how he knew it but the possibilities and solutions flooded into him easily. "I-If they'd been shot, and I could reach them without being shot as well- g-go to them- it's not good to move them- if they are still vulnerable than pull them to the closest shelter. Have the other keep up cover. He started, speaking quickly, his voice catching less in his throat as the words seemed to flow out as quick as he could think them. "If they're bleeding from an extremity- use a tourniquet and elevate the wound, if it's central, than try to temporarily stay the bleeding. Try to remove any blockage from their airways or create another airway with something hallow if they can't breath. Try to do whatever is necessary to keep them alive until it's possible to get them back safely." He replied. He wondered if the answer should have been to leave them behind- in some situations it was probably called for. But she had asked him what he would do. He swallowed, loosing his nerve again and looked away, his trembling hands in fists as he tried to hide his shaking.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Sliet nodded again, keeping herself from grinning but just barely. He knew what he was doing too. This was someone she wouldnt mind having in her own unit. "Well done" she said with a kind smile, extending her hand to shake. She knew full well that it was stupid, but she really liked the kid, she could justify her actions if anyone asked anyway, not that anyone would, they hadnt so far.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Raven glanced up at her as she offered her hand, and swallowed. He didn't want to, not in the slightest, touch someone he knew commanded the soldiers to do what they did, someone who would likely have killed him and spat on him without a thought if he had simply been born in another place.
This thought scared him- he wasn't supposed to think like this. It didn't affect his reaction; he still reached out hesitantly to clasp the other's hand, but the pang of hatred he felt bubble up confused him.
This washed away as he caught her smile, it took him a moment, but he was pretty certain it wasn't malicious. He felt even more uncertain now, if just about this woman.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next