Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 39 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Raven glanced at her as she sat down beside him and wrapped her arms around him, reaching up to put his hand on her arm as she held him. He didn't even really understand why he felt this hurt by a boy he'd barely known for more than a couple months. He felt rejected and unwanted, but there was Sliet; comforting him, and all the others who had no real problem with him. It was just self pity to feel that way, right? Not everyone thought he was a freak? Though it still made his chest ache to know Sam did. "It- It's just chemicals in my brain making me sad. That's what the Lilla said. Just my body being stupid." He tried to rationalize, attempting to ignore his feelings. "Sam isn't worth my brain chemicals right now." He muttered, half way between bitter and heartbroken.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Sliet blinked in confusion, unsure as to what exactly it was that Raven had just said, but she knew better than to argue with him about his medical mumbo jumbo. "There's someone out there. It's just not him. He had stupid hair anyway." She told him in what she hoped was a reassuring tone. "hey." she added pulling back a bit to look at the other. "You wanna try making cookies with me again? maybe we won't burn them this time."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:38 am

"Yeah...I guess so." Raven agreed half-heartedly, glancing up at her as she moved back. He started to look a little concerned at the idea of cooking again; last time they'd filled the place with smoke and the cookies they'd saved had tasted terrible. Maybe they hadn't broken the eggshells up enough? All he was used to cooking was stews and breads, and he wasn't certain Sliet had any experience at all... though, at least they had fun.  "Okay, if you aren't busy? Maybe we can surprise the others." Not with fire this time though. He added mentally, getting up from beside Sliet. After a moment of hesitation he left his scarf, gloves and coat on his bed; they'd get in the way of cooking otherwise, but he still felt uncomfortable without them and looked uncertain for a moment before deciding Sliet didn't care, and he shouldn't have too, anyway.

Once in the kitchen he pushed his sleeves back to his elbows and washed his hands, glancing at Sliet and trying to muster a more cheerful voice; he knew she was trying to make him feel better, so the least he could do was try. "What kind did you want to make?" He asked curiously.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:00 pm

"Sounds good." Sliet said with a warm smile, turning to leave the room. She quickly washed her hands when she entered the kitchen. "Let's make chocolate. chocolate tastes good and even if we burn them they won't look burnt and we can give them to anderson." She explained reaching for the bowls and the small cookbook.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Raven nodded, sort of excited about the prospect of chocolate, and let out a small laugh at Sliet's comment about Anderson; he never knew if she was joking. He looked at the ingredients in the book and started getting them out and measuring them rather messily into a bowl. He set the whole eggs into the sugar and left the beater to Sliet. It made him sort of nervous.

Half way through Anderson knocked and came in anyway, looking as though he was in search of something for a moment before noticing the two and glancing at them briefly. He looked disinterested for a moment then realized they were cooking. "Making something?" he asked, attempting to remain disdainful, though he was evidently either hungry or curious.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:42 pm

"Sliet turned when she heard the door, recognizing anderaon and deciding she wasn't interested at the moment. "Chocolate cookies. " she replied before starting up the beaters and trying to break the egshells into as small of pieces as she could.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Raven got out the cooking trays and turned the oven on, waiting for Sliet to finish and yawning a little, glancing over at Anderson. "Want to help?"

"I want my spoons." The other snapped, walking over and looking wary of them as he checked around for his items. "You know you have your own spoons, right?" He asked Sliet, eventually getting out of the way of the two as Raven shrank back to make room in the small area. It was unlikely they were even in a logical place.

There was a second knock on the door, which Anderson ignored, checking through the seat cushions. Raven glanced over, put down the trays and hurried to the door. 
"Oh, Hi Lilla," He greeted the woman cheerfully as he opened the door.
"Hello, is Sliet there? I just came to check in with her." She replied to the small boy, stepping in and looking over curiously at the muffled whirring sound. 
"Yes, we're just making cookies." He explained, letting her in and heading back over to Sliet. 
Lilla smiled, glad the Sliet and her family seemed to be settling in okay. The house looked relatively clean and everyone seemed to be functioning well for the most part. 
"Hello, Sliet. I just wanted to talk to you when you have a moment, I can wait till you get those in the oven though.. oh... I-" She peered down at the mix in slight confusion. "Is that... eggshells?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:01 am

Sliet gave Anderson a dirty look over her shoulder before turning back to the task at hand, ignoring the sound at the door this time. She turned again at the familiar voice, shutting off the mixer. "Hi Lilla." She greeted the other, trying to sound as pleasant as possible.She frowned when the other mentioned the eggshells. "Yeah. I can't seem to get them any smaller than this." She tried to explain.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:26 am

Lilla gave the other a look between confusion and amusement. "Sliet, I don't think you're supposed to put eggshells in cookies at all..." She said, trying not to laugh at the other, remembering where they'd come from, she supposed they had different experiences. "Would you like me to show you? I can bring over some more ingredients if you guys are low now." She offered, trying not to seem too condescending.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Sliet looked at lilla, not quite comprehending what she was saying. The recipe called for eggs, but there weren't supposed to be eggshells in it? How did that work exactly? "uhh, sure... sure. We should have enough to do another one. Here." She finished, setting the bowl aside and starting to gather the ingredients again.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Lilla headed over to help, watching as the others put the ingredients in until they got to the eggs. "Here, you just break them open, like this." She took the egg in her hand and gave it a tap against the bowl, holding both sides and pulling it apart, letting the goop slide into the bowl before fitting the shells together  and putting them in the compost bin. "Just like that, whenever you cook eggs. The shells aren't good for us, but you can crumple them up for fertilizer." She told the other, smiling.

"Oh..." Raven whispered quietly, watching from the other side of the counter curiously. He felt a little stupid now, though they'd never really baked before Flora. 

Anderson glanced at the others, deciding to stay around for cookies, and stood out of the way.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Sliet watched Lilla closely, looking rather astounded when she cracked the egg. "Whoa." She said softly, looking at the egg in the bowl as if it was some next level shit. "Where did you learn to do that?" she asked, looking up t the other, rather impressed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:23 pm

"It's just standard for cooking eggs, my father taught me when I was little." Lilla replied, mixing in the eggs as she spoke for a few minutes. "There, that should be good, I hope you don't mind me butting in." She added, stepping back and out of the way.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Sliet frowned a bit when the other explained. Was this something everyone knew? She gave a halfhearted smile when the other had finished. "Of course not. Thanks for the help." She said softlybefore remembering that the other wasn't here for cooking advice. "Sorry. What was it you needed again?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:58 am

"Don't worry about it, and, I was just coming to talk to you about how you're all getting settled in and how you are all are doing adapting to life here, but things seem well and I don't want to disturb you all." Lilla smiled. "If there's nothing you want to talk about, I can go." She added, but Raven spoke up before she could move to leave. 
"Y-You can stay for cookies? You helped, so.." He offered uncertainly. "If you want I mean."
Lilla looked thankfully back at the boy, but glanced to sliet; she would take the invitation, but decided to hear what Sliet had to say about that before taking a seat.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Sliet nodded, listening to lilla. a little surprised that this was well, especially compared to the other families that were born here. "You're welcome to stay if you want to." She offered, dropping the dough onto a baking sheet.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:24 am

Lilla nodded a thank you, turning and sitting down next to where Anderson had sat on the couch. She glanced at the other to say hello, remembering him as Sliet's friend from the correctional facility, though he had an agitated, somewhat annoyed expression, so she hesitated for a moment. "...Hello, Dudley, right? I'm Lilla."

Anderson blinked at the woman, feeling immediately prickly at the use of his name, though hesitated to snap at the other; he didn't want to get in trouble again. "Yeah... Percival is fine actually, Sliet just uses that to harass me."
He looked at the other with further confusion as she laughed. That hadn't been a joke.  "Dudly? It's not that bad of a name."
"It sounds like Dunce." He replied in annoyance, but she didn't seem to pick up on it, just smiling like it was still a joke.
"Okay, sorry, if you prefer Percival." She nodded, giving his shoulder an understanding pat.
Anderson puffed, glad at least someone was calling him that, though he felt very uncertain about the other. What made a person so bubbly in normal conversation?
As the women kept speaking to him in a friendly manner, he went from shooting glances at Sliet for help to reluctantly chatting back for a while. She wasn't as bitter of a person as he was used to, and he didn't feel like she saw him with disgust, though it was strange for him to speak with someone casually without the biting remarks he was used to.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat May 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Sliet watched the two in confusion after putting the cookies in the oven, the exchange seeming very odd in her experience. Anderson not snapping at the woman for one was quite strange for him. And then there was how cheery Lilla was. It was all quite strange indeed.
She eyed the pair skeptically for another moment before nudging raven with her elbow to get his attention, gesturing in the direction of the two on the couch with her chin, hoping to get his opinion on what exactly was happening.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 pm

Raven blinked at Sliet in confusion as she elbowed him, not sure what he'd done wrong until he caught her line of sight. He looked over at Anderson and Lilla chatting and hesitated. Was Anderson actually being friendly? He smiled back at Sliet, shrugging and watching with her. "We should get her to teach him how to make cookies. I think a friend would make him feel better." He whispered quietly to the other.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm

"I'm his friend." Sliet said rather defensively, crossing her arms. Of course, she probably wouldn't teach Anderson how to make cookies, she barely could herself, but that wasn't a necessary thing for friends to do... right?
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Raven glanced at her as she sounded hurt, feeling bad. "Well, multiple friends... I'm sure it wouldn't affect how he felt about you. He has to stop by and get his spoons anyway." He added on in a hushed voice. "Him not being rude is new, is all.... I... no... Do you think he likes her? Like...likes her?" He asked.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 pm

"What?! no way." Sliet said, the very idea of it seeming absurd. Was Anderson even capable of that?She jumped at the sound of a loud beep behind her, freezing for a moment before realizing that it was just the kitchen timer and going to check on the cookies.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 pm

"You could just ask him?" Raven shrugged with a whisper, not sure what to say as Sliet got up to get the cookies.  When they were ready, he wasn't sure he really felt like eating, but took a small one anyway. Taking a bite; the lack of crunchy eggshell wasn't a bad thing, that was for sure

When Anderson took one, he seemed too busy listening to Lilla to actually eat it, just holding it sort of absently and staring at it from time to time.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Sliet took a couple of cookies for herself before setting the plate down and staring at Anderson suspiciously. She briefly debated telling him that she really hadn't poisoned the cookies, but decided against it. Not with Lilla here.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 pm

When Lilla eventually left, Anderson followed her to the door to say goodbye, even smiling a little and holding onto his untouched cookies. As she shut the door, he turned around, looking grumpy again. "Now where are my spoons?" He paused at Raven standing behind him with a too-cheery look on his face. "What?"
"You weren't even rude." The boy replied joyfully. "Do you like Lilla?"
Anderson scoffed, though looked a little defensive. "She's not as insufferable as the rest of you." He admitted quietly, deciding he didn't need his spoons and turning to leave.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next