Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 19 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:37 pm

As sliet hugged her, Pel's eyes widened in confusion for a moment before she relented and held tight to the other, the tears suddenly over flowing again at the kind gesture. She shut her eyes and let out a short sob, her shoulders shaking in the other's arms. She felt immediately embarrassed to break down in the strangers presence but was too defeated and overwhelmed with the recent stress to hold it back anymore.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 pm

After a while more of consoling the girl, and making sure she would be alright, Sliet made her way back to the wagon where Harir was sitting. She flopped down on the wagon exaggeratedly, laying back with a sigh, somehow far more tired than when she had left not too long ago. "People are complicated." she stated, just staring up at the sky.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Harir glanced at her as she returned and spoke. He'd had his questions all planned out, but now that she was back, he wasn't sure how to word what he wanted to say. He nodded absently. "Mhm... Hey, Sliet?" He asked her softly. "I was thinking about earlier.. and what we've been through... what are we? T-To each other I mean?" He added uncertainly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Sliet blinked up at him, at first in confusion, and then with surprise, her mind seeming to go completely blank. She thought about it for a moment, knowing full well what he meant, but choosing to take it in a more literal sense. "The reason were both still alive." she said, forcing her voice to stay steady and looking away from him.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 pm

Harir glanced away when she spoke. That was true. He gave a small laugh at her avoidance of the question. "Y-yeah. I guess that's one way to put it." He said replied. "So... so, well... I was wondering if you wanted to stay that way, then?" He asked softly, looking down rather than at her, to embarrassed at the moment to be bold about it.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Sliet watched him in surprise, glad he wasn't looking at her to see the blush creep up her face. "Well... yeah... I'm not sure how long either of us would last if we didn't." She said almost hesitantly, kicking herself on the inside for her inability to come up with something better, or anything else really.

Last edited by melodiousmysteries on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Harir looked at her quietly, pretty sure that was as close as he was going to get to an affirmative answer. He smiled a little again before laying back himself. "All right then. Sounds good." He replied, though his voice was still pretty meek.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:32 pm

"Sounds good." Sliet echoed, watching him from the corner of her eye. She looked between him and the sky a couple of times, knowing what she wanted to do, but unsure as to whether or not it would be okay. Slowly, she reached a shaky hand over to gently hold his, refusing to let herself look over at him.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Harir looked up in surprise, feeling his cheeks flush as she took his hand. He squeezed it back gently, unable to stop smiling and glancing off into the fading light rather than looking at her. He was pretty sure he understood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathrine hurried about, a grim look on her face as she worked things out and tried to get everyone organized. Alex on ship A. Her and Ashi on Ship B. Sliet and the new kid on the supply ship. The plan was all laid out. It had been for a long time. But now that they had hundreds of settlers showing up things were getting stressful. They had to organize everyone, and even more important, keep the Federation off their tails long enough to launch. It was less that an every day work load.

When Alex radioed her in and mentioned Sliet returning, she called him over, leaving him in charge before heading out to meet the other. She headed towards the approaching crowd, watching them disperse and looking for her friend.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 am

Sliet watched the old building grow steadily larger on the horizon as they aproached. The horse pranced lightly underneath them, sensing her excitement, but she held him back.  She grinned at the familiar calm sensation that only ever came from being home.  "Kat!" She called as she spotted the other, stumbling out of the saddle excitedly, running over to her friend and barely slowing down as she embraced the other in a half tackle half hug.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:59 am

Kathrine turned as the other ran at her, meeting her hug and embracing her tightly, glad to see the girl again. "Hey." She replied happily. "Welcome back." She moved back a little from the other to look at her. "How have you been?" She asked gently.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 pm

"Fine. Just fine." She said, practically bouncing up and down where she stood, her expression nothing but excited, but her eyes betraying how tired she was. "What about you? " she asked the other, remembering how the last time she'd seen Kat, she'd been covered in her own blood. "How are things going? " she asked, wanting to ask so many questions, but knowing that they would both probably have things to do before much longer.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Kathrine nodded, smiling a little sadly to see the other so light hearted. "I'm healed. I'm glad to see you back, Sliet." She told the other in response. "Things are... rushed. We have a couple hundred settlers coming in every day. That many people are hard to keep off of the radar and hidden, especially when many of them are having second thoughts about going underground or getting on a massive space aircraft. Even keeping details up with the others is difficult. We're taking off in a month, so we have to get the settlers trained, as well as the girl. She's going to be co-piloting with you. I'll be with Ashi in Carrier B. Alex will be with Otifer taking the other one." She needlessly explained again.
"I've moved your things, sorry I couldn't ask you about it, but the building is full of settlers who need places to live, so we'll all be sleeping in different places until the launch." Kathrine noted, finally letting go of the other. She paused for a moment, as if trying to remember something, then her face grew a little more stern. "Ashi said you've found yourself a companion?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Sliet nodded, listening as Katherine described the plan for what felt like the millionth time. So Pel would be going with her then. She didn't mind that at all, she was rather fond of the girl. She felt a little odd about having her things moved. It didn't really bother her, but it was going to feel weird sleeping somewhere else when she'd been expecting to come back to her own space again. She shrunk back a bit as Kat finished, growing tense. What did Ashi say. That girl was going to hurt if she'd said anything stupid. "You mean Stormflame?" She asked with a strained laugh, trying to play it off. "He's great! Just ask Harir."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:49 pm

"Harir is it?" Kathrine asked coolly. "No, not the horse. Ashi told me he's an officer from the Federation that you took a liking to." The blonde stated ridgedly. She wasn't mad at Sliet; she was sure the other had been reasonable in whatever decisions she had made. She was however, extremely wary.

A couple other gathered nearby, before a child approached them warily. August waved shyly at her. The other group had just arrived earlier that day with them in tow. He had Piper near him, though they were lacking Roy and Matvey.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Sliet grit her teeth, her smile strained. That kid was dead. "Well it sounds bad when you say it like that." She said uneasily, noticing the kids over Kat's shoulder, nodding at them to show she knew they were there, but she couldn't talk to them right now, she had her own stuff to deal with at the moment. "I do know what i'm doing, Kat. At least for the most part. " she she said, as much for herself as for her friend.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Kathrine searched the other's face carefully. "I know... but you can't always know what other people are doing, can you?" She replied, almost distractedly. "If... If you trust them and really think they are valuable to us, then I suppose we can find them a job with the rest of our men. But no special access, okay? We're very susceptable to security issues right now, and have a lot of people here who are at each other's throats." She explained quietly. "I don't just mean the settlers and rebel soldiers, either."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Sliet relaxed significantly, looking at the other with gratitude and worry. "Of course. Thank you. " she said quietly, meeting Katherines gaze evenly. " what do you you mean then?" She asked uncertainly, confused as to what else could be going on right now.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Kathrine nodded. "Otifer. I think he's finally lost it." She sighed, though there was an odd intensity in her eyes. "He's been riled up and shouting from that chair of his. I'm scared he's going to give himself a heart attack. Ninety-six this summer, I think." She muttered. "...But... I guess everyone is stressed. Keep an eye on him when you can, alright? I wouldn't want him hurting himself." She added.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Sliet listened to her worriedly,  hoping that it was just the stress and nothing to do with his health. "I will." She said softly, thinking for a second before looking up. "Oh! Before I forget. Where did you move my stuff?" She asked, more lightly,  deciding it would be better to ask now than wander around looking for it later.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:37 pm

"It's on the ship. You don't need to sleep on there, but I figured it would save anything being forgotten." Kathrine replied. "Okay. I should go. Rest for today if you want; you must be exhausted." The blonde added, giving the other a pat on the shoulder before heading off.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Sliet watched the other leave silently. She'd never felt nervous about all of this, at least before now. A month could go by very quickly. Shrugging it off, she went over to where the kids were standing, her usual warm smile returning. "Hey guys, how's it going?" She asked, happy to see them, though she did wonder as to where the other two were.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:55 pm

August smiled meekly as she approached them, though it fell a little as she asked how it was going He looked healthier, but tired. "A-Alright." He replied uncertainly. "It's a relief to see you again.. We made it here, but then... Mat... didn't. He passed away on the way here; the illness was too much for him. B-but, I think he was happy, we were free, thanks to you, I guess." He explained quietly, while Piper said nothing. "Roy's helping out. Helps keep his mind off of things." He added. "What about you?" He asked.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 am

Sliet listened to the news sadly. She gotten used to bad things happening all around her, but matvey had been a sweet kid, and it still kind of hurt. " I... I see." She said quietly, starting to worry about the other boy. Roy had seemed close to him. "I'm fine. Busy after today, but that can't be helped. " she responded, not putting much effort into what exactly she was saying.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 am

August nodded. "We just wanted to say hello-" He broke off as Piper suddenly broke in, looking like she'd wanted to ask the question for a while.
"Sliet? Are... Are we- that is, I mean all those who have the illness, are we going to be allowed to go on the ship? Most of the settlers don't want us around, they're scared we'll spread it. I know there's the sterilizer in us since we're from the federation, but they seem to think it'll mutate from one of us, or anyone who has it."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next