Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Certainlynotmoreburcab no never

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Certainlynotmoreburcab no never - Page 3 Empty Re: Certainlynotmoreburcab no never

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Raven looked up at the other in concern as he didn't really seem to know either. He fallowed after Kail, looking for the path. He wasn't too worried until he realized they'd been walking much longer than it should have been back to the path. He stayed in silence for a while, knowing getting worried or distracted would only make things worse. As it became apparent they were lost, he wasn't sure what to say. Just looking for someway back was probably the best bet, and he was scared that the other would by angry with him, so remained quiet, as worried as he was starting to feel. There were coyotes at least out here, and they didn't really have a lot of supplies with them. Not to mention that if the teacher leading this class noticed they were gone, things were going to go badly.
After what seemed like a hopelessly long time, he looked up at a faint rushing sound that had been slowly making it's self heard. He had to think about it- having been more focused on looking for some sign of the others or of a path.
"That's the river-" He said softly, glancing at Kail and then off into the trees as they continued in that direction. When they came up to the the water, Raven stayed back a little from the dark, swaying water as it pushed and swelled along the leafy earthen banks. He felt suddenly hopeful, turning to the other. "I think we can fallow that out- it's the same one that runs behind my house and into the city. " He was still a little quiet, worried the other was mad at him for  having led them off the path to get away, and the boy didn't want to upset Kail any more by talking or annoying him. "I-if that's alright, If you want to try something else, t-then we can..." He added.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Certainlynotmoreburcab no never - Page 3 Empty Re: Certainlynotmoreburcab no never

Post by FictionalPieces Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Kail looked around nervously as they carried on walking, the realization that they were lost sinking in with ever few footsteps. Maybe he shouldn't have started them off the path in the first place. Surely they could have just ran back to the group... but if he hadn't been for Raven's idea to hide on the other side of the dip, Kail had a feeling that they wouldn't be in very good condition either. Sure they may not have been lost, but maybe getting lost wasn't as bad as being beaten up and left laying on the ground somewhere. As it became more apparent they were lost after they had been walking for what seemed like forever, Kail tried to apologize; he just wasn't to sure when would be a good time to do so. If he wasn't such a scaredy cat then they probably wouldn't be in this mess. He was just glad that Raven was there with him and he wasn't stuck out here himself. Though he probably would have just let the kids beat him up until they were done.
Looking up as Raven finally spoke up, he looked in the direction that the sound was coming from and where Raven was looking. He followed along next to him and nodded as Raven suggested that they followed it back towards the city and loop around. It would be quite a walk, but it was a lot better than the option of just staying out here lost until someone maybe found them. As Raven asked if it was alright, Kail held his hands up and shook his head a bit "No that's fine don't worry!" he replied, trying to reassure the dark haired boy. "I don't have any other ideas, and I think if we keep walking like we have been, we're just going to get even more lost." He just hoped the other was right in the fact that this one lead into the city. "We can follow it back towards the city and loop back towards the camp site once we know where we are. Hopefully it won't take too long." He planned on taking the blame though if they didn't get back in time and got in trouble. It was his fault they had gotten lost anyway so it wasn't too much of a big deal. It wouldn't have been the first time he had gotten spoken to by a teacher while trying to get away from his bullies. "Do you know if it gets close to a trail anytime before hitting the city?"

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Raven looked up as the other asked but more trails. "U-uh, well, theres one that leads through the swamp to my house. No one ever goes out there. Th-that was like the one place my dad told me not to go. And under the bridge too I guess, but... I guess it's supposed to be haunted or dangerous." He trailed off looking down the river. "We can fallow that if you want, it might be kind of run down and waterlogged though." He looked to the other sheepishly, not meaning to be a pain. He wasn't really scared of the trail, but there must be something wrong with it if everyone stayed away after building it. He wasn't sure, but then again, if it would get them home quickly he could probably handle it.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Kail nodded a bit as he listened to him. He didn't care what path they took, as long as it got them back before anything out here got a hold of them. Shivering at the thought, he turned his attention back to Raven. "It doesn't matter to me what way we take," he told him. If Raven didn't want to go some way that was only going to cause even more problems for them, then that was okay with him. "You probably know the area better than I do anyway. I've never followed the river out that way so I'm really not to sure," he admitted. He had spent a lot of time out in the woods, but that was on the opposite side of the town. He didn't want to take lead and get them even more lost. "Just lead the way and I'll follow."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Raven nodded hesitantly. "A-alright. I've never gone through the swamp, but I know the area a bit, so, it should be okay." He walked along the river for a while with the other, noticing Kail was pretty light on his feet in the woods. Most people tended to be clumsy in unfamiliar terrain. 
After quite a few hours of walking, it had started to get dark, and there was a chill on the wind. Raven glanced up at Kail. He wasn't normally concerned about the dark, but they were in the woods with predators and it was starting to become hard to make their way through the brambles with the twilight obscuring their vision. "M-maybe we should stop for the night? It might be safer that way." He suggested meekly, glancing back down and folding his arms, trying to keep his freezing hands warm.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:50 pm

"You'd probably be a better leader through it than I would be." If it were in the forest and he knew where he was then it would have been no problem. A swamp however was a different story. He couldnt even begin to imagine what sorts of things lived in the swamp. He nodded and walked alongside Raven as they headed towards the swamp, falling about less then a step behind so Raven was in the lead. Walking through the woods was no problem, it was really only the fact he had never been in this section of woods that was throwing his direction off. At least Raven seemed to know where he was going now.
As the hours pressed on, Kail kept an eye out for anything that may have looked familiar or someone that may have been able to point them in the right direction. But as darkness started to fall it was looking less and less likely that they would make it back before everyone crawled into their tents for the night. He looked over at his friend and nodded "As risky as it might be, we may get off track again if we keep going now," he said as they stopped. "I can probably get a fire going to try and ward off any animals, and I have extra blankets and jackets in my backpack," he told him as he shrugged said backpack off.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:01 pm

Raven nodded, stopping and kneeling down to get his pack off and take out his knife. "O-okay. I have a flint and steel, so I can work on the fire if you want to get the blankets and stuff out." He responded awkwardly. He took his sweater from his pack and pulled it over his head, before walking around where they'd set their things down and picking up dry wood. He gathered enough to keep a fire going for a while and carefully set up some kindling before building up logs around it.
With a couple strikes, he was able to get a small flame going in the center and blew life into the embers. After a few minuets the fire was growing slowly and crackling in the silence of the forest. After they'd set up a bit, he sat down next to Kail and took out the sandwich and bottle of water he'd packed, holding out the bag so Kail could take half. "H-here, if you want-" He offered timidly. He was still scared the other was mad at him, but he didn't want Kail to go hungry either way.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Kail nodded a little bit as Raven said that he could get the fire started. He knelt down next to his bookbag and bug through it in order to pull out the extra blankets and jackets he had packed. There was probably a few blankets and jackets too many, but he had only packed them just in case something like this had happened and they needed the blankets or jackets. Taking one of the blankets, he spread it out on the ground that would hopefully keep a bit of the chill off of them. Settling down after everything was out that they would probably need, he looked over at Raven as he was offered a half of the sandwich. He smiled faintly and shook his head "I'm okay, thank you though," he said softly. He wasn't that hungry, and he had packed some fruits and granola bars in his backpack if he got hungry.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Raven nodded, setting it aside and sitting next to the other quietly as the fire lit their faces. He hugged his knees to his chest, a little cold in the night air.
"H-hey, Kail?" He asked nervously to get the other's attention. "Sorry I got us lost." He glanced back at the fire. Even if they hadn't had much choice to run from the kids who had been after them, he still felt mostly responsible for taking them so far off the path. "W-will your mom freak out? I can tell her when we get back, j-just so she knows it wasn't your fault." He added after a moment. He definitely didn't want to get the other in trouble for this, they'd probably get enough from the school as it was.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Kail stared at the fire as they fell into a few moments of silence. He lifted his head a bit as he heard Raven speak to him in a bit of a questioning tone. He looked over at the male and watched him for a moment as he let the apology sink in. He shook his head afterwards "It's not your fault, Raven," he told him. He really didn't blame the other for getting them lost. It was his own fault for being such a target for the bullies. If they hadn't been after him then they wouldn't have had to run off in the first place. He hesitated for a moment. His mother probably would be quite furious, but what could she do? Ground him for getting lost out in the woods because some kids wanted to beat him up? Well, technically she could and the brunet wouldn't put it past her to do it. But it was a lot better than having the shit beat out of him he supposed. He waved a hand and shrugged a bit "It wouldn't be the first time I've been out for the night. She knew that I was out for a school activity so it should be fine."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:26 pm

He nodded, going quiet again. If he wasn't with Kail, he would have been pretty care free right now. He spent a lot of his nights under the stars and he wasn't out of place out here. He was just worried for the other and the consequences they might face. Maybe things would be a little better if they stopped thinking about how lost they were and enjoyed the moment though? The fire was warm, and the stars were amazing. After a moment, he rested on his back. He felt a little uncertain and placed his hand over his stomach almost protectively. He was used to being more comfortable when alone, but Kail didn't make him as anxious or nervous. He felt kind of calm around the salad Brunet. 
"Well, the stars are beautiful." He piped up sheepishly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:36 pm

While the fire was warm, it didn't keep his back warm where it was faced away from the fire.((just lay in the fire Kail. Who wants roasted salad for dinner?)) Bringing his legs up to his chest, he rested his chin on his knees as he wrapped his arms around his legs. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath as he listened to the crackling of the fire. He knew that he could easily reach out and grab a blanket to wrap around him or even another jacket to put on, but he didn't want the other to think that he couldn't handle the cold. He could, it wouldn't be the first time he had spent the night out.((like when you were growing in the ground you goddamn cabbage)) He glanced over at Raven as the stars were mentioned. He glanced up at the sky, nodding his head before he glanced at the bird boy next to him "It's one nice thing about being away from the city... they're hard to see like this at home..." he said softly. While they lived close to the forest on the other side of the city, there was still enough light that it ruined the view of the stars most nights. Staying out and star gazing had always been a favorite activity of his as a kid, especially before his mother had found out about Yuki and before the kid had been killed. He couldn't even remember how many nights they had gone out and just laid out to stare at the stars until they either fell asleep or parted ways to go home.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Raven eventually sat back up, listening to the other and smiling a little. He noticed the boy shivering, and hesitated. He didn't want to scare the other by leaning over or something, but at the same time he felt bad for the brunet. Besides that, he was pretty sleepy and calm at the moment, and wasn't as cautious or uncertain as he normally was. 
The dark haired boy moved a little closer, resting his side against the other's gently. "A-are you cold?" He paused, suddenly a little embarrassed, hoping the other wasn't mad.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Kail had started to stare off into space as he had turned his attention back to the fire so it came to a bit of a shock as he felt something against his side. He blinked and looked over at the dark haired boy as he realized that it was him that had moved closer. He shrugged a little bit as he was asked if he was cold "A little bit, but it's okay..." he said with a small smile. He paused for a moment before realizing that Raven had likely moved closer in order to try and keep him warm. "Thank you..." He didn't want the other to think that it wasn't welcomed or appreciated.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Raven nodded a little, feeling slightly awkward, but stayed where he was; kail didn't seem to mind, and he was freezing too. "Y-yeah." He replied back. 
He hadn't sat this close to another in a long time, it felt nice. Safe.
After a little while, his eyes fluttered shut, unable to stay open any longer. 
He went almost limp next to the other, falling asleep rather embarrassingly at the other's shoulder. as the fire started to die a little.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 pm

Even though the brunet was shaking from the cold, he could feel the other shivering as well. It wasn't until he felt the other go a little bit limp that he started to panic before he realized that the boy had fallen asleep. He smiled faintly before he glanced at the fire. He knew that they had started the fire to potentionally scare off any animals that wanted to come near them during the night but he didn't want to move and wake up Raven by trying to stoke the fire.
Managing to grab a few of the blankets, he carefully drapped them around both of their shoulders. It took him a while to fall asleep, worry setting in as the fire died slowly but he was eventually able to drift off to sleep.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:09 am

Raven blinked, warm and comfortable though a little uncertain where he was as he woke up to morning light filtering through the trees. 
He glanced over to see Kail next to him and realized he was cuddled up to the other. He felt his cheeks flush in embarrassment. He hadn't meant to fall asleep like that or to make the other feel awkward. He wasn't even sure anymore why he was nestled against the other boy.
He sat up quickly, though careful not to wake the brunet up, pulling the blanket back over the other. He stayed sitting next to the other while he waited for his friend to wake up, still feeling uncertain.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:18 am

After he had gotten warmed up and ended up cuddled up with Raven, it didn't take long for him to get comfortable, even if it was on the forest floor. After Raven had sat up the following morning, it didn't take him long to start to wake up as the warmth started to leave. Sure it had started to warm up as much as it could for a fall day, and the blankets were keeping him warm, but the other's boy's warmth leaving was enough to slowly wake him up.
Letting out a yawn as he stretched out, Kail rubbed his eyes before he realized that he was laying on the forest floor. Panicked for a moment, he then remembered that they had gotten lost the previous evening because of the kids from his class. Sitting up, Kail ran a hand through his hair to try and tame his hair that was standing up all over the place. "Morning..." he muttered sleepily.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 am

Raven glanced at the other as he woke up, smiling a little and holding back a laugh at the other's messy hair. "Hello." He replied happily, having gotten a good night's rest for the first time in months, if being a little sore from the hard earth.
He remembered again being so close to the other, and grew a little more serious. 'S-Sorry about last night. I d-didn't mean to be weird." He added somewhat awkwardly, glancing away as he gathered some of the blankets.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:46 am

After messing with his hair for a little while, he eventually gave up and allowed it to go in whatever direction it wanted. Despite the good sleep he had had, not having to worry about his mother or brother bursting in the room to wake him up, he was still tired. It always took him a while to wake up in the mornings.
Raising an eyebrow as Raven apologized for not meaning to be weird, he shook his head a little "Dont worry about it..." he told him as he tried to hold back a yawn. "It was cold and we needed to stay warm. Its no big deal." Plus it felt nice to be curled up next to someone, not that he was going to admit that outloud to the other. Putting the blankets into his backpack again once they were gathered up, he stood up with a bit of protest from his stiff joints. "I guess we should get going then..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:56 am

Raven nodded, glad he hadn't made the other uncomfortable. He was really starting to enjoy the other's company, but he was still scared of pushing the boy away.
As they kept walking, the ground got progressively more muddy as the river grew shallow and wide, spreading into the swamp. Raven had an eerie feeling about the place; both with the stories he'd heard and from the look of it; the dark water was strewn with knotted weeds and morning fog hung over the drowned trees like a shroud. 
He did his best to lead them along a dry path over roots and rocks as they crossed the area.
He suddenly became aware of old wooden structures near them; mostly planks put there to aid in crossing the river, and grew curious. He hadn't seen those before, and wondered who would attempt to build something out in the bog.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 am

Kail made sure they hadnt left anything behind as they set out towards the swamp. When everything was good to go, he walked alongsidr of his friend, though he made sure to let Raven be a little ahead of him where the other hopefully knew where to go. While Kail could traverse the forest floor no problem, he wasnt use to the muddy, wet ground that the bog had to offer. He figured as long as he stayed in Ravens footsteps he'd be fine and wouldnt have to worry about tripping up. Which of course in the end didnt really work out because of all the gosh darn weeds that grew all around. Maybe it would have been better to try and find a way back through the woods. "Theres no like, sharp metal poles or sticks in the water, is there?" He asked as he tripped a bit for the millionth time. He just didnt want either of them to hurt themselves if they were to fall.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:41 am

Raven shrugged, holding onto tree branches for support as he walked. "I... I don't think so? I-I didn't even know there were paths or structures out here..." He replied uncertainly as they kept going. The other seemed to be struggling with the plant life, but then, it wasn't exactly easy for him either. He glanced back. "Y-you all rig-" His voice was cut of as his feet suddenly slipped out from under him in the mud and he crashed through dying foliage into a murky pool, giving a short cry of alarm.
He sputtered, trying to get quickly out of the water, managing to stand in the knee deep mud, though thoroughly soaked.  He attempted to move his now drooping hair from his eyes and started to walk before suddenly stopping in his tracks, staring at something in front of him with a look of horror.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Kail nodded a little bit "That's fine... I was just wondering if we had to worry about it if one of us fell...." he said quietly, glancing around. He wasn't really so much worried about himself as he was for Raven, but he also figured that Raven knew a bit more about the swamp area if it was close to his house. Looking forward just as the boy slipped and fell with a cry. "Raven! Are you okay?!" he called out, holding tightly onto a tree branch.
As he watched the boy come to a stop, he frowned and watched him for a moment, staying silent. Was he hurt? He took a careful step or two forward "Raven...?" he questioned, his brow furrowing as he watched him.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:17 pm

"I..." Raven didn't finish for a moment, trying to believe what he was seeing. "Kail... there's bones.." He said softly, his voice weak. The remains in front of him  half covered by the swamp. The bones wore a molded white dress.
Raven backed up a little, feeling his stomach flip. 
The body had been here long enough to decay, but how old was it? Had someone gotten lost and perished out here? But why would they be wearing a dress in the middle of the forest?
"W-we need to get back." He started, feeling extremely unnerved. "L-let s-someone know, or something."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum