Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Certainlynotmoreburcab no never

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Certainlynotmoreburcab no never - Page 4 Empty Re: Certainlynotmoreburcab no never

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Kail frowned as he waited for Raven to answer him. When he was told that there were bones, he blinked and moved forward a bit to get a bit closer "W...what?" he questioned. He carefully stepped down into the water to move next to Raven. He froze a little as he saw the bones. Before he had thought that maybe it was just some animal bones. But of course he was wrong.
He backed up and nodded "W.. who should we go to?" he questioned, chewing on his bottom lip. "The police?" Would they believe two teenagers though? He was kind of wishing now that he would have just let the kids beat him up. He was okay with getting lost, it didn't bother him too much. Sure they'd get in trouble for it, but he didn't care. Not after finding the bones in the middle of the swamp.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Certainlynotmoreburcab no never - Page 4 Empty Re: Certainlynotmoreburcab no never

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Raven nodded. "I-I think so. Maybe we can get them to come out here. I-I mean if it's a missing person, o-or something, they should know." The boy responded uncertainly.
After they made it through the swamp and eventually came out of the woods below the hill where the old farmhouse stood, Raven glanced at Kail uncertainly. "The house is in bad shape- y-you don't have to come in if you don't want too. We don't have a working phone, so I think we'll have to go into town, I just want to get some dry clothes on." He apologized, heading up to the side of it. He was more worried about his father being inside. He had no idea what the other was up to at the moment, and he didn't want to drag Kail into a fight.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm

When they finally made it out of the swamp and onto solid ground, Kail was definitely glad to be out of the swamp. If there was a decayed human body out in the middle of it, he didn't want to know what else could be out there.
The brunet watched the other for a moment as he spoke about the house. He nodded a little bit "That's fine... I don't expect you to go into town soaking wet." He looked around as he followed Raven up to the house. "I'll just stay outside and wait for you. Just take your time," he told him. He didn't want to track mud and water all through the house either, regardless of how bad of a shape the house was in. He knew that Raven would probably do tracking mud and water through anyway, but he didn't want to make even more of a mess for Raven or someone else to clean up.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Raven hurried in, changing quickly into warmer, clean clothes before setting his other clothes and his backpack next to the washbasin for later. His dad wasn't anywhere to be seen on the ground floor, and he doubted the man was in the upstairs, but he still wanted to get out as quickly as possible.
He exited and closed the rickety door quickly, a little worried about what Kail was thinking of the place as he met up with him again. "Alright- did you want to go home first and let your mom know you're okay, or.."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Kail wrapped his arms around himself as he waited for Raven to come back outside. He paced around the yard slowly, looking around curiously. He didn't plan on snooping or anything, he just hadn't realized that Raven had lived out here. He felt bad to see the shape of the house that his friend was living in. If his mother wasn't so strict or stuck up, he'd offer the other a place to stay if he ever needed it, especially once winter came around and it got colder.
He turned around to look at Raven as he came back out, tilting his head to the side. He shook his head "She's probably already gone to work anyway," he explained. "I think we should just get to the police station before anything else.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Raven nodded. "O-okay, yeah."
It wasn't a horribly long walk to the police station, at least the closest one to his house, but it wasn't a short trip, either. When they reached the relatively small building, he entered hesitantly. He hadn't thought about them investigating near his house, and with his dad selling cocaine under the drug bridge how bad of shape the house was in and how uncertain he was about his father's payments on the land, he wondered for a split second if this was going to cause more trouble than he was hoping for. He pushed it aside pretty quickly though; if someone had been murdered in the swamp than this was more important that property disputes. 
He walked up hesitantly to the counter. There were a few others around but he tried to ignore them as the police officer addressed him. "Hello there, how can I help you today?"
Raven hesitated, feeling suddenly very small and unbeleivable. "W-we came to report a-a body." He got out weakly.
The man paused, his face growing serious. "Come around with us." He jestured for the two boys to fallow him and led them into another room. 
A woman showed up with paper and a pen as Raven uncomfortably sat down where he was told. "Where did you see this?"
"Down in the swamp, behind the farmland on-"
The man's face immediately went from serious to an odd, seemingly amused look.
"Down behind the old Dumont farm? Kid, do you know how many people talk about the ghost stories down there? Ghosts and zombies and all that silly stuff. Let me guess. You told your mom and dad, and they didn't beleive you, so you came up here. We've heard it all before. have a job to do, and it's not going on wild goose chases for ghosts in the swamp."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Kail followed close by Raven, a frown on his face. He could tell that the other was getting a bit hesitant as they neared the small building, and he wanted to tell him that they didn't need to go in. Sure it was a huge thing, to find a dead body out in the middle of the swamp, but if it was going to cause complications then maybe it was better if they didn't. While he didn't exactly know what Raven's father was like, or anything about his home life or the actual state of the house or payments or anything of the sort, by the outside of the house he was sure it wasn't that great. Instead of confronting the boy though, he stayed silent as they stepped into the building and walked up to the counter.

The brunet stood close by his friend, though he stayed in silence. What else more was there to say besides the fact that they had found a body in the swamp? Following the officer behind the counter and to the other room, he sat down next to his friend, chewing on the inside of his cheek. As Raven started to speak, he watched as the mans face changed from one of seriousness to an amused look. His brow furrowed, listening to him go on about ghost stories and things of the sort. "It's true though!" he blurted out before he shrank back into the seat a little bit. "W... we were coming back from the woods... we got lost out there on a school trip... it was the only way we could find our way back... R.. Raven slipped into the swamp and came across the body...." he explained quickly. "If we weren't telling the truth we wouldn't have come to bother you..." he muttered a bit, looking down.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm

The officers glanced at each other, before one headed out of the room and the remaining man seemed to look over them uncertainly. "Look. If you really think you saw a dead body, then we'll send a squad car over sometime soon to check it out, just encase someone left a dummy or something as a prank; we certainly don't need any tricksters running around." He replied, though still had a look of disbelief on his face. "You kids go home, if you're feeling unsafe, lock your doors and leave a light on tonight," The man added, as if humoring. "But this town is perfectly safe, there's nothing to worry about."

As they were urged rather unceremoniously out of the station, Raven balled his fists. "H-how can the police just ignore something like that?" He asked incredulously when they were left alone. Wasn't it their job to make sure things like that were looked after? They seemed to think it was a joke simply because of where they'd run into it. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at Kail helplessly. "What now, then?" He asked uncertainly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 pm

Watching out of the corner of his eyes as the other officer left the room, Kail listened to the one who had stayed. Just because they were two teenage kids didn't mean that the police just had to ignore what they were saying! By the way things had already been going, he doubted that they would send anyone over. It wasn't like they were trouble makers, or were in here all the time reporting things like this only to have them turn up false, so why didn't they believe them?

Kail let out a small huff as they were kicked out of the station. He glanced over at Raven, brow furrowing a little bit. "I don't know... I'd understand if people were constantly in there reporting sightings of things out in the swamp but I really doubt it..." he said with a sigh. Closing his eyes for a moment, he opened them when he was asked what they were to do now. "I.. I don't know... We should probably go to school and let them know we're okay and not dead in the woods or something..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Raven though quietly. "Y-yeah.. I don't know." He replied uncertainly. It seemed very odd for them to just brush something like a body report off. Was something up? Or were the city police forces just too laid back for their own good?
As the other suggested heading back to the school, he gave a brief nod. "Oh, yeah. I guess I forgot about that." He admitted sheepishly. "I suppose everyone else is at school right now. I hope there wasn't a search party or something sent out... though, I guess the police would have recognized us or something if there was." He mumbled, half talking to himself.

He felt a little tired after they'd made it to the school; they'd done a lot of walking since yesterday with hardly any rest.  When they reached the school building, he headed up the steps before heading into the office area. While he wasn't expecting a warm welcome, he wasn't expecting a out of school suspension or the earful of yelling they got either.

As they made their way out, he kept his arms wrapped around himself, feeling pretty upset. He'd never been suspended before, and now Kail, too.
He'd gotten the other not only lost in the woods at night but kicked out of school for a weak. He felt a little sick to his stomach with worry about how the other was going to react over the whole thing and didn't know what to say.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:23 pm

"Now we just have to hope that they actually are going to send someone out..." he said with a small sigh. It was still hard to believe that the people who were suppose to keep everyone in the town safe didn't seem too worried about some body showing up in the swamp. What if there was some sort of murderer on the loose? "It's been a bit of a long day already, it's no worries to forget about it." Sure they could have gone home and rested for the rest of the day, but that may have only made things worse. "The police don't seem to want to do a whole lot though so..." he said as Raven mentioned a search party.

Much like Raven, Kail hadn't been expecting a warm return. He was expecting a bit of a scolding for wandering off the path but that was about it. So when the yelling came, Kail had just kind of shrunk back and took it, use to being yelled at from living with his mother. But if his mother found out about the suspension, he was sure he would be dead. Of course she got angry over just about anything so it wouldn't come as a surprise, but he would likely never be allowed out of the house again.

As they made their way out of the school after the yelling had finished, Kail blinked a little bit. He wasn't really sure what to think about the whole suspension thing. On one hand it gave him a break from the bullies and life in general, but again his mother would be furious. He'd just have to leave in the morning and pretend he was going to school until he knew that she was gone to work.
Glancing over at Raven, he frowned a little bit as he noticed the others arms wrapped around himself. "It'll be okay..." he said softly, hesitantly placing a hand on his friend's shoulder.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Raven flinched a little at the hand on his shoulder, but looked back at the other with confusion at the comfort. He expected the other to be mad, and wasn't really used to being treated with kindness and forgiveness like that. "I... I'm really sorry Kail. If I'd known all this was going to happen.." He apologized again,  staring quietly at the ground as they walked towards Kail's house.
It was pretty quiet and empty in the streets around where they were; everyone was at work or school. The boy started to feel suddenly aware of the silence and sheer lack of any people around where they were, his thoughts only lasting a split second before he heard the running patter of feet on the road behind them. He turned quickly, just in time to meet the figure that went crashing into him. He lost his footing as arms pushed him roughly down, and let out a short shout as his head and back smacked into the pavement; knocking the air out of him. He twisted in terror, catching his attacker's wrist as he caught the glint of a knife, just barely holding the weapon inches above his throat as he struggled with the figure. The other on top of him was wearing a dark sweater, the over-sized hood covering their face as the tried to force the knife downward
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:16 am

Kail lifted his hand off of Raven's shoulder as he felt him flinch. Anytime he tried to comfort him, he felt bad when his friend flinched.
The brunet shook his head as Raven apologized for what seemed like the millionth time. "Raven, it's fine," he told him. "Neither of us knew what was going to happen. If we had known, it wouldn't have happened, right?" He felt bad knowing that Raven thought it was his fault. Falling into silence as they carried on walking towards his house
It wasn't until the sound of someone running could be heard that he looked up from the ground. He was shocked as a person ran straight into Raven. Had it not been for the dark sweater and hood, it could have easily been believable that it was simply someone out for a run and they hadn't seen them there. But of course things just had to get worse as the figure pushed his friend down to the ground and a knife was pulled out. He had no idea what to do. Should be run and try to get help? Should be try and push this person off of Raven and attempt to fight them off? Kail knew he had next to no real fighting skills, which had been proven time and time again as the bullies continued to pick on him, but he couldn't just stand there and watch as Raven struggled with the figure.
"H...Hey! Get off of him!" he finally yelled, taking a small step forward. Did he tackle the person in hops of getting them off? He didn't want to risk getting Raven hurt if he did something wrong and gave the attacker a chance to hurt his friend.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 am

The figure barely hesitated at the other's shout, but it was enough for Raven to push back and knee the other in the stomach. He drew back and struck him repeatedly, desperately trying to get out from under the other before he ended up getting stabbed. He wanted to tell Kail to run but couldn't get anything out before a foot was crushing his chest.
The other stumbled back a little, standing up to step on the other hard and kick him a couple times in the head and neck to keep him down before turning and lunging at Kail. They grabbed the other's arm, catching the sleeve and trying to pull him towards them as they swung the knife at the brunet.

Raven struggled to get up off the ground, his heart pounding in his chest. They had to get away from this person and fast. He had just pulled himself up as the attacker went after Kail, feeling a pang of terror.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Kail was ready to move forward and try to push the attacker off of Raven before something happened and the figure was able to bring the knife down. He was thankful though that he had been able to distract the other for the brief moment to allow Raven to fight back. As he watched the person kick Raven, Kail had been about to move forward once more to push him away but didn't have a chance to as he was lunged at. He let out a yelp as his arm was grabbed and the knife was swung at him. While he had been picked on for years by the bullies, he had only ever had a knife pulled on him that one time just before he had met Raven.

The male tried to back away from the attacker, bringing his free arm up to block any swings from the knife, wincing as his arm was slashed a few times. There really was no way that he was going to get out of this. Dropping his arm, he had pulled back just as his cheek was slashed. "Raven, run!" he told the other before he lunged forward, slamming into their attackers chest in hopes to startle them or even disarm them.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Raven picked himself up in terror as he watched the other attack Kail, and the brunet attempted to fight them off, telling him to run. The boy scrambled to his feet, not about to go anywhere. He picked up his bookbag and smashed it into the attackers head, as hard as he could. It was full of three-inch-thick medical textbooks and effectively staggered the hooded man and the other almost fell with Kail's combined push. 
Raven managed to strike the knife from his hand and snatch it before grabbing his sweater and smashing the hilt down on the back on the other's skull and pushing him away.
The man stumbled and crumpled to the ground, laying face down on the pavement, and Raven backed up, breathing hard and trembling, unable to speak.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Kail took a few steps back as the man fell to the ground, shaking as he stared down at the body. What had that been about? It wasn't like they were in a bad part of town or that it was late out. What sane person would attack two teenagers, or anyone really, in the middle of the day?
When he finally came to his senses, the brunet glanced over at his friend, wanting to make sure that he was okay. He wasn't sure if the man had been able to use the knife at all on Raven, but he was sure that the kicks hadn't been just light ones. He wasn't even concerned about his own wounds. They were only small cuts. Or at least the one on his cheek. His arm was quite cut up, and one or two of them were deeper than the others, but it wasn't anything too serious. He would be fine until they got to his place; he hoped so anyway. "L...Le..lets go..." he said after a moment, just wanting to get away from the man who had attacked them. He was sure that he would be down for a while but he didn't want to risk the chances.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Raven was silent for a second, trying to see if the man was breathing and regretting striking the other so hard, but he could clearly see the other shifting and shook the feeling off, nodding absently. His mind raced as he tried to understand all of what had just happened. He glanced at Kail as he turned and felt his heart drop and his stomach twist at the blood all over the other's face and arm. He reached out a little, his face going pale, he wanted to help, but remembered that they had to get out of there. He reluctantly waited and  fallowed quickly after Kail in the direction of his house.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:45 pm

As Kail noticed Raven reaching out a little as he was sure that he noticed the blood, he shook his head a little bit. This wasn't the time to worry about him. He would be fine and he'd be able to patch himself up when he got home. When Raven was ready to go, Kail started back towards his house, looking around nervously as he walked quickly. He was hoping that it had only been the one person, and that they had only been some crazy person. They didn't need yet another person to jump out and come after them. The past two days had been long enough as it was.
Once to his house, he pulled his keys out and unlocked the door. Once they were both safe inside, Kail locked the front door. Making sure the back door was locked too. He turned his attention to Raven after he was sure that no one was in the house and that they were safe "Are you okay?" he asked softly.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Raven fallowed Kail up the street cautiously, looking over his shoulder fearfully. As they went into the house he moved out of the way uncertainly, remembering to take off his shoes. He always felt out of place and scruffy in this part of the town. He watched his friend as the other ran around and locked the doors before setting his book bag down and getting his first aid kit out, glancing up in surprise as the other asked him if he was all right. His side, throat and head hurt where he'd hit the pavement and been kicked; there would be some bruises, but he was fine compared to Kail.  "Y-yeah, I'm not hurt- but we s-should really your arm fixed up- you're bleeding pretty badly." He said meekly, worried sick for his friend, even though he was pretty sure something like that wouldn't kill him, it wasn't good either.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Kail set his own backpack down by the door as he took his shoes off. He watched as Raven took his firstaid kit out. He shook his head a little bit "It's not that bad..." It wasn't as bad as the time he had been basically left for dead in the classroom, but he knew it was still pretty bad. He didn't want Raven to waste his medical supplies on him. He was sure he could find some stuff in the bathroom to fix himself up. "Keep your first aid kit for another time," he told him, pushing up his sleeve to expose the cuts. "There should be stuff in the bathroom. I don't want you to waste your things on me," he said as he started to the bathroom that was just off the hallway next to the door. "Feel free to make yourself at home," he called over his shoulder. He rummaged around in the cupboards in the bathroom, looking for the roll of bandages and the peroxide to pour over the cuts. Once his arm was cleaned up with a cloth and water, he poured the peroxide over his arm, sucking in a breath through clenched teeth. Once everything was cleaned, he wrapped the bandage around his arm before cleaning up his cheek. He headed back out to the main door, unsure if Raven had gone to sit down or what.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Raven nodded hesitantly, not really moving for the spot as he waited for Kail. The house was so clean and well kept; he was scared he was going to mess it up with his dusty clothes or do something bad- mannered without realizing it.. He stood in the entry way awkwardly before glancing out the window a few times in concern as he waited for Kail to return. When he saw the other he glanced at him worriedly. "Do... do you have any idea who that was? O-one of the kids who picked on your before or something?" He asked the brunet.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Kail wasn't that shocked that Raven had stood by the door. He shook his head as he was asked about who the person could have been. "I... I have no idea..." he replied, wrapping his arms around himself. He headed into the living room, sitting down on the couch and crossing his legs. "I think if it was one of the kids from school, they wouldn't have worn the hood..." he said as he looked down. "They don't exactly keep it secret that they hate me and attack me... At this point it wouldn't make a difference if they were hooded or not..." None of it made any sense. "I... It... it couldn't be to do with body we found... could it?" he asked quietly.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Raven listened to Kail quietly, feeling even more dread as he thought about why the man might be after them. As the brunet mentioned the body, he felt chills run through him. It seemed possible; maybe they had seen something they weren't supposed to, but then... "Kail... if, if that's true, then the police... they were the only ones we told.." He said softly, his insides turning to Ice. He didn't want to think about how well it fit in with how the officers had merely shrugged the serious issue off as if it had been nothing. For the first time in a long time, he was starting to consider the rumors he'd heard.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Kail chewed on the inside of his cheek. He didn't want to believe that it was related to the body. He had heard a few of the rumors about the swamp, but he had never paid too much attention to them. He lived on the opposite side of the town and had never really planned on visiting the swamp so it hadn't been a worry. Now that they had found the body, and had been attacked by the stranger and realized how close his friend lived to said swamp, he was worried for his friends well-being. "M... maybe it was just some crazy person... maybe it doesn't have to do with the body..." It probably did have to do with the body. It couldn't have been some coincidence that they had told the police, the officers not taking them serious and then being attacked.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum