Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 13 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:01 am

Pel smiled back a little. "Are you staying here with us, or just passing through?" She asked tiredly. It would be nice to have the help, especially after today, but she guessed the other was probably heading straight for the center.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:16 am

Sliet shrugged uncertainly. "The original plan was that Harir and i were just going to stay the night, but after today... I'm not so sure anymore." She said honestly. As much as she just wanted to get to the station, to get home, if she thought she was really needed here, she could probably stay another day or so. As long as her travel parter was alright with that of course. She would have to be able to find him before she could ask him though.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:20 am

Pel nodded quietly, feeling unsure. It was her job to protect these people, and she'd done the best she could, but people had still died. She didn't know much about using her abilities either. Ashi had taught her, but mostly how to use it destructively. She could short circuit machines, numb her body to take pain so that she could melt through things and electrify things with her bare hands. She could kill with a touch, but she couldn't heal another's wound. And besides her ability, she didn't feel like she was cut out to be any sort of leader, especially not of these people who knew so much more about surviving and struggling through this kind of thing.  She could do her part in fighting, but when it came to leading, healing, and providing, she wasn't what the people expected of her.
She considered for a second asking Sliet for help with how to at least healing. Ashi had tried to teach her by... disturbing means, so she hadn't asked again. 
"Sliet? Do you think you could show me how to repair wounds? I- I could do a lot more here if I could do that. But if you don't have time, I understand." She asked the other hopefully.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:54 am

Sliet looked at the other in surprise. Nobody had taught her yet? And Pel wanter her to teach her? It seemed really strange to the dark haired girl. Her mother had tried to tech her at a young age, before the... er... incident, but in the time Pel had been here nobody had taught her? "O-of course!" She stuttered, a little taken aback by the request. "But... in the morning okay? That takes energy that I don't think either of us have right now." She added awkwardly, aware of how tired the other looked, and her own fatigue creeping up on her again.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:04 am

Pel nodded excitedly. "Y-yeah, sure, thank you!" She replied thankfully. "I'll be up early, I promise." She added, not really sure that she could go to sleep now. It was a releif that someone else might be willing to teach her. 

Harir eventually made his way awkwardly through the collection of sleeping, chatting and drinking people, trying not to step on anyone.
"Sliet." He said, waving over at her, glad to have found the other. He'd lifted so many logs  that he felt like his arms were going to fall off.
"I am not meant for hard labor. Oh my god." He puffed. "Come on, one of the people I was working with said there's a meal and mead for us if we want it." He told her. "How have things been going?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Sliet smiled at the others enthusiasm she turned at the sound of her name, happy and relieved at the sight of Harir. " I'll see you in the morning then." She said standing and waving goodbye to the two kids and leaving to meet Harir. She laughed lightly as he spoke . It sounded like he'd kept himself busy. She was even happier at the mention of food. She was starving, not that she really needed it. She could go a while longer, but it would definitely help. " pretty good" she said happiy. "Helped a few wounded. Met someone new with the nanotech. Dumonts kid is here, so talked to him. Good kid. Smart. You alright if we stay here another day? Or maybe half?" She asked lightly.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Harir shrugged. "I'll go wherever you are. It doesn't matter to me." He replied, heading over the fire where the group of men and women he'd been working with stood and sat, cooking food and distributing it.  A rather large man clapped Harir's arm a little too hard, drawing him over. "There you are Harry. Food's almost done." He said, smiling kindly.
Harir gave a small, awkward laugh, trying to get a little farther away from the other. "Uhm, thanks. We appreciate it."
"Is that your friend?" He looked over at Sliet. "Hullo. You picked an odd little traveling partner." He passed over a jug of ale to the two of them before turning the spit over the fire again. "We're thankful for the help you gave us today. We need all we can get. One of Kathrines, right?"
Harir crossed his arms, but made no comment. They were getting fed after all.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Sliet nodded when he agreed to stay, unable to ignore the warm feeling in her chest at the way he worded it, though she had no idea what it was. She followed him to the group quietly, giving him a confused look and tried not to laugh. Harry? What had happened when she'd left him alone? "Yeah. It was no problem, really. " she said, smiling nervously at the man. He seemed pretty nice, even if he seemed to annoy Harir a little bit.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:29 pm

The man passed them each a small bowl of some sort of bean stew with meat and pepper in it, as well as a chunk of hardtack. Harir accepted it with a nod of thanks. It wasn't something that looked all that appetizing, but they'd been at one meal a day, and he wasn't going to turn anything hot and edible down.

There were very few places to sit around the building, least of all around the fire, so he headed over closer to the entrance where it was a little more open, and sat down on a clump of rubble and set the jug down as well before starting to eat. "That man who passed us the food? I swear he was carrying twice his weight in wood earlier." He laughed, still a little nervously. "He seems to think I have a speech impediment, keeps insisting my name is Harry, and when he was speaking to me earlier he kept mocking me by adding an "ear" onto everything. "Can you go pick-ear up those-ear logs up Harry-ear?" He added with slight indignance.
"But you said you found the kid you were looking for?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 am

Sliet sat down nearby, digging into her own food and laughing at his recollection of the events. She looked up from her meal as he addressed her, swallowing a mouthful before responding. "Yeah, it was kind of weird. Not sure what I expected, I've known all of the others for so long... but apparent nobody's taught her how to heal other people, so i'm going to help her tomorrow." She said, shrugging as though it was nothing, but she felt honoured that Pel had wanted her to teach her, and that for once she wouldn't be the one getting taught.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 am

"Huh. Okay." He responded, finishing his food rather quickly. He cleaned the bowl out with some snow before setting it aside and taking a swig of the ale. He made a face at the bitterness of it, then shrugged and took another drink before setting it in front of them, so that Sliet could take some. "Ugh. Not wine, but I guess any is good after these last few weeks." He admitted.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:08 am

Sliet tried not to eat too fast, trying to enjoy the warm food while she could, but her hunger won out in the end, finishing not long after Harir. She stifled a laugh at his expression when he took his first drink. "it's been interesting alright." she muttered, taking a drink for herself. she hummed contentedly as the pleasant burn of the ale ran down her throat. Wasn't wine, but it still felt warm.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Harir nodded. After he'd had a few drinks, he pushed the jug away and left sliet to it. He didn't want to pass out or make a fool out of himself, and  he felt a bit warmer, but sort of uncoordinated, and had gotten quiet as he listened to Sliet rather than speak. He hadn't taken much alchohol with the other officers; he'd usually tried to leave and get away from meetings as soon as he could once the important stuff was over. He'd found Lin's invitations to the gatherings more of a curse than a priviliage. Now he regretted not spending more time with the other, even if it was in boring meetings.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Sliet continued to drink even after Harir had stopped, ignoring the waybit had started to make her mind foggy and her limbs unsteady. She rambled on about this and that for a while, her words starting to slur as she moved over to sit closer her Harir and draping an orm over his shoulders less than gently, her usual consideration for boundaries dissipating. "Yer really great, you know that?" She asked with a dopey smile. "All the stuff I've done and you still stick around."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Harir watched her with amusement, taking the jug off her hands and pushing it away with his foot. He raised an eyebrow, blushing sort of awkwardly when she moved over and put her arm around him. Oh dear; she really was out of it. "Erm, Sliet, maybe you should get some rest?" He asked, not sure how to deal with this.
He blinked when she spoke, shrugging; that was probably the drink talking. "Yes, I'm the best. Now get off."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:48 pm

"But seriously though. " Sliet continued as though she hadn't heard him. "This much traveling, getting shot, the whole spy thing, your brother, the bridge. Thats a lot of stuff thats kind of on me." She said, shaking her head in exaggerated disbelief. Of course she wasn't actually responsible for most of those things in any direct way, but that didn't stop her from blaming herself. She didn't even know about his brother and the bridge. The bridge could have just been a freak thing from the wind, but his brothers murder seemed way to convenient.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Harir nodded absently, patting her shoulder. "I've told you, it's fine-" He broke off as he realized what she'd said. "Wait, my brother?" He asked, suddenly serious, as much as he was trying to put it off as Sliet just being drunk. "How did you have anything to do with my brother?" He asked with a forced, awkward laugh. "You never met each other, silly." She'd just slipped up because she was tired. There was no way... was there?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:20 pm

"Well yeah, but I never asked how they were going to, and did get me in there." She said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world, moving her arm from his shoulders and rolling her eyes at him. "Doesn't it seem like a bit of a coin-..coinci- Coincidence? Youre the smart one." She asked him, struggling with the word coincidence.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Harir got up and took a step back, his eyes searching the other's face in horror as she rolled her eyes at him, desperately wanting this to not make sense. Wanting it to just be Sliet rambling. "Sliet!? You aren't serious right? Please tell me you're just drunk. Tell me you didn't have anything to do with Lin." He pleaded, feeling a pain in his chest at how casually she mocked him for not realizing it. He looked away, running a hand through his hair and trying to get control of the emotions, the anger, that was bubbling up.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 pm

"Me? Drunk?" She said as thouh it would be impossible. "Most likely." She admitted, unable to sense the severity of the situation and what she was saying.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Harir stared at her in anger and disbelief, feeling ice in his stomach as tears sprang to his eyes. He stood facing her, wanting to yell at her, but had no words. He clenched his fists, shaking with anger. 
He looked away for a moment, and then turned, walking out of the building furiously. He made his way down the rubble strewn road, walking quickly to push the pain into something other than shouting or crying. He didn't know where he was going, or what he intended to do. He just needed to be alone. How could he have been so stupid? Had Sliet just been keeping it to herself to see how long it took him to figure it out? 
His thoughts were torn away suddenly as he heard a loud crack of a gunshot through the air and looked up in shock to see two federation soldiers as he felt the impact of round hit him.
He stumbled back, holding his hand over the wound as he tryed  to draw his gun before one of them knocked him down and stepped over his wrist.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Something in Sliet seemed to constrict and ache when he looked at her. She could understand that she had hurt him somehow, and badly, but in her current state she couldn't comprehend how. She got to her feet unsteadily, following behind him far more slowly out the door. She started to move a little more quickly as the alcohol made it's way out of her system, the realization of what she had done starting to dawn on her. She froze for half a second when she heard the gunshot, recovering and sprinting in the direction it had come, terrified of what she might find. She rounded the corner of a nearby building without slowing down, snarling and running right for the two soldiers.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:15 pm

As the two noticed Sliet a little too late, they backed up quickly. The first one took two panicked shots and stumbled back while the other shot aimlessly before bolting off into the snow. Their job was to spy, not get themselves killed.
Harir looked up in worry, scrambling to stand awkwardly. "Sliet!" He managed to aim and actually hit the remaining assailant for once, doing his best to reach his friend quickly and make sure she was alright. He kept his fist against the wound, more worried for Sliet.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Sliet stumbled when one of their shots managed to hit, but stayed on her feet until both of the soldiers were taken care of in their own ways. She fel to her knees once the second one fell, caughing violently into her handshe stayed there for a while, her breathing shallow and unstable until her lung healed. She brought her hand away from her mouth and sat up, wiping it in the snow to clean it off, leafing red streaks in the white substance. She caughed again, spitting whag was left of the blood onto the ground before turningto Harir with a look of worry and shame. "Let me see." She said quietly, far less demanding than usual, reaching over to him to try and gently move his hand away from the wound.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:19 am

Harir stopped as he got to her, kneeling beside her, and reached  out for a second before stopping himself, drawing back and just letting her heal. His head spun a little from the adrenaline and pain, and he kept his hand clasped over the wound as blood tricked down from his shoulder. He watched Sliet, wanting to feel anger, but winced as she wiped the blood on the snow. She would be okay, but he still didn't want to see her in pain. 
When she turned to him, he looked away, conflicted. "Sliet, maybe you should rest first-." He protested as she moved hi hand away, knowing how exhausted she had been, and now with the injury, he was scared for her.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next