Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 34 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Sliet looked away for a moment when he mentioned Otifer and Kat. "We crashed" she admitted after a moment. "Most of us got hurt that way but I took care of it as best I could. I'll be fine with some rest, but Ashi..." She paused, following the others gaze to the girl. "I don't know." she finished, avoiding his last question.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Alex listened to her quietly for a moment, worried by the vagueness of her answer. He swallowed and glanced back towards the colony. "Come on, there's a camp set up for all the refugees. You can all get cleaned up and we'll figure the rest of this out." He added softly. "We've all been waiting the cargo ship, there's a lot of people who'll want to speak to you." He walked more closely to her as they made their way down the hill, leading the others, and whispered. "I think we can trust these people. They seem gentle, if overbearing."

Closer to the camp, there were the masses of settlers from Earth. Most wore their previous clothing, but most looked much healthier than before. Among them were medical personnel and what seemed to be volunteers from the colony. A couple others approached them, wearing a red symbol on their clothing. They spoke to Pel first, while others went over to Anderson after being rejected by Ashi.

A woman approached Sliet, wearing the same uniform. "Hello, if you could just come over here, we can ch-"
"That's okay, We're both droi- Er... y'know."
She gave an uncertain nod, going back to the others.

Ashi shifted away from the people, her side touching against Sliet's back as she tried to avoid the bustle.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:31 pm

Sliet watched Alex rather curiously. People actually /Wanted/ to speak with her? and not just a some, a lot of them? Sure, these people seemed nice enough, it was almost unsettling, if not a bit creepy. She looked up at Alex again when he sent the woman away, the crowd starting to make her anxious. "so, what happened to you anyway?... back at the station I mean?" she asked. she had a lot of questions for him, but she might as well start at the beginning.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:53 pm

Alex to a breath as the group made it to the camp and were able to stop walking. "Kathrine told me to get everyone on the ship the night before, and to get everyone out, said that the federation had found us. I trusted her, and got everyone on that should have been. I hesitated, I didn't want to leave without the okay, doing it manually was a lot more work, but, people showed up and started trying to get us out, we were trapped, and Kathrine wasn't responding, so we took off. Everyone went into sleep except for myself, to make sure everything was running okay. I know Kat said everything was running okay, but I didn't trust it, if the systems hadn't woken me up when they were supposed to, things would have gone badly. A lot of the pods failed, and I had to wake the people in them up, so I had some company. When we reached the planet, I managed to get in touch with the Colony, hell, were they surprised. They gave me coordinates, and we touched down. Since then, the Colony has been trying to find a place for everyone, and feed them. The settlers have been assigned to farming now, and expanding a place for themselves to live. The people here are helping of course... but, eh... they're kind of soft. They have machines to do everything for them, there's some culture shock going on with the refugees, but, it's been going as well as it can. There's been some panic, since the supply ship and the other carrier didn't show up, but we've managed." He recounted the events to her, sounding tired, but hopeful. He wondered where Kathrine's ship had gone. It had the other half of the refugees on it. People were waiting for the rest of their families to show up. "Sliet... Where's the other ship? And Kathrine? Do you know?"

Just as he finished his question, one of the medical personnel hurried over, looking quite concerned. "The boy over there is in critical condition, are any of you his immediate family?" He asked, clutching a device in his hand.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:42 am

Sliet gave a small smile as Alex described his exploits, proud of her little brother. Her face fell when he repeated his earlier question. She didn't know how to tell him. Everything was going relatively well, and she was certain it would go downhill the second it became common knowledge that the other ship wasn't coming.
She looked up at the man as he approached, briefly torn oh what to say. She was almost positive that Raven had no immediate family, and that her and Pel were probably the closest thing the poor kid had now. "I am."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:56 am

Alex watched the other turn to the medic, glancing up in surprise at her answer. Sliet had found a member of her family? He wanted to say more, but decided to hold off until things were sorted out, as anxious as he felt. He turned to Ashi instead, equally happy to see the other, and worried for her quiet state. Normally she didn't go more than a few minutes without making a fuss.

The man nodded, looking slightly relieved. "The girl was explaining his condition, it's something we've seen in a lot of the refugees from earth, though we've yet to get a clear explanation; it seems to be a genetically modified virus. He's unresponsive and showing signs of internal hemorrhaging, so we're taking him on board the control ship to the infirmary, do you want to come with us? Or we can arrange for you to be brought there after?" He asked quickly, seeming anxious to head off.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Sliet listened to the man with growing worry. she wasn't entirely sure what some of what he said meant, but those parts didn't sound too good. She quickly glanced back at Alex, considering running away from her problems for a little while to make sure Raven was okay, but as much as she didn't want to hurt her brother like that, she had to tell him. She turned back to the medic, hoping she was making the right decision. "It would probably be best if I were to check in on him later, but...The illness is a weaponized virus. It was designed to mutate and kill as many people as possible. so.. be careful. " She hastily explained before returning to her brother.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:58 pm

The man watched her with a horrified expression, looking like he wanted to get more information. A biological weapon wasn't something to be noted like a head cold. If that's what it really was, then they could already all be dead by the end of the weak. He shuddered as he attempted to get the other back. "Wait! What? Are you serious? Can we speak to you for a moment? If it's weaponized this is urgent," He spoke quickly, running after her.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:24 am

Sliet watched the man over hr shoulder somewhat apprehensively. "of course i'm serious." she said, stopping and crossing her arms rather defensively. "Who exactly is we?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:27 am

He hesitated. "The medical team, and others if necessary, do you know a lot about this illness? If it's something that could be spreading through the population right now, we need to initiate a lockdown immediately," The man replied, fear in his voice as he failed to comprehend how this other couldn't see the severity of a situation like this.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:51 am

"Well it shouldn't be spreading considering that it's been neutralized in all of the ill here, though even with that, it can mutate in very rare cases." Had they really not figured anything out about it yet? had they not done their homework or were they not as smart as she had expected? "Nobody knows much, but i would say that I know more than most." she explained, still not feeling the urgency. was she really just desensitized to all of this?
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:05 am

The man hesitated further at this. Neutralized? The refugees seemed either ignorant or scared to talk about their illness. They'd figured out how to combat it, and the symptoms that it gave, though it was still a bit of a wild card. Some people reported having it for years with barely any symptoms other than fatigue on bad days, While a few others had shown up with their internal organs melting. "So it's not immediately dangerous? How rare? You have to understand, we have a limited population and a tightly functioning society here, if even ten percent of the population were to become sick or even die from something like this, it could wipe us out in a couple decades. Do we need to initiate a quarantine?" He asked her, trying to get the point across.

Alex fallowed her over, uncertain of what was going on. `
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Sliet blinked at him, not entirely understanding everything he was saying. not immediately so, no. I don't know much about how it works exactly, but it almost never mutates, and the people that have it, even if they get the medication, only lie for about another ten years." She explained, trying to calm the guy down. "But it's not usually bad until it gets to that point."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:36 pm

The man gave an uncertain nod. "I...I see. We had some come over who'd been taking suppressants for it... though we've developed a medication to cure it, so far it's been working, we've ended it in 200 so far." He told her, not sure if they had a cure on Earth. Most of the refugees didn't seem to think so. "But if there's anything crucial we should know, it would preferred sooner than later, there's lives on the line here. I'll send someone to speak to you soon."

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Sliet looked at the man in surprise. they'd cured it? holy shit. "uhhh, y-yeah. sure." She replied, not sure what more she could tell them. She'd tried looking into it a few times, but there had never been much information on it, and what she cold figure out had been hard to sort out from what the Federation had told the public to further their own agenda. Of course she could be forgetting something, but she doubted it.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:24 pm

As the other left Sliet, Alex waited for her to go back with them. "Is Ashi okay?" He said softly, glancing at the other hanging back, but refusing to get close to Harir or Anderson, who were both standing awkwardly beside each other.

Anderson wanted to slip off. He didn't have to be with these people any more. On the other hand, he was feeling alienated, and not sure where he would even go without them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:46 am

Sliet watched the man leave curiously before turning back to her brother. That was a strange conversation. She glanced at the girl as she was mentioned, her expression falling again. "I don't know... look, Alex. We need to talk. is there anywhere less crowded?" She asked him, almost starting to feel sick.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:31 am

Alex hesitated, concern crossing his face. "Y-yeah, of course. Fallow me. Your friends can wait by the registry tent, get settled in maybe." He added, glancing back as they passed the spot, Anderson and Harir stopped at Alex's direction, Harir looking slightly nervous and lost. Ashi hesitated before keeping up with Sliet, deciding not to abandon the other.

Alex led them onto the first carrier, up into the storage, past several people unpacking and moving things around, finally they ended up in sleeping quarters, in a small room. Some of Alex's stuff was spread out on the bed and cabinets. He looked at the other two expectantly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:00 am

Sliet looked back at Harir and Anderson for a moment before deciding that they weren't going anywhere. She spent the time walking to Alex's little room trying o find the words to explain what had happened easily, but there didn't seem to be any. She stopped in front of Alex, finding it hard to maintain eye contact. "Alex..." she started, beginning to question what she was doing again. " Something happened after you left the station. The other ship... Otifer.. Kat... They're not coming." she said, trying to keep her voice audible with some difficulty. The words tasted bitter, her mouth feeling dry.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:29 am

At Sliet's words, Alex felt all his worry come to life. That... that couldn't be like that. All those people. He felt his head spin a little bit as he tried to take in what she was saying. "Sliet... they aren't dead?" He asked weakly. "What happened? I... I don't understand?" He asked, feeling like everything was falling apart, wishing it away even as he spoke.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Sliet's shoulders slumped at Alex's words. She suspected he knew exactly what she meant, he just didn't want to believe it. "T-there were soldiers everywhere. We heard your ship take off. Then there was an explosion... It was the other ship. " She choked out, trying not to break down again herself. "I Don't know what happened. I-I'm sorry."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Alex went quiet, feeling sick as the realization sank in. He couldn't believe it, and at the same time he wanted to change it so badly, but could do nothing. He shook as he sat down on the foot of his bed, staring at the ground. He wanted to scream until all the horror rising up was gone. Instead, he just stared blankly at the floor, not sure what to say or do.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Sliet stared at the floor for what felt like a long time before looking back up to Ashi, not entirely sure what to do. After a minute more of silence, she stepped towards the bed and sat next to Alex slowly, gently wrapping her arms around him.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Alex said nothing as the other sat beside him, biting his tongue and clutching his hands together. He didn't want to cry or blow up in front of the other, but he felt like he was going to. He accepted the hug quietly, though he didn't feel much like being comforted. After a long moment of silence, he spoke up. "Sliet... Do you mind leaving me alone for while?" He asked uncertainly. "I-... you should go check on your friends.."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Sliet nodded stiffly, getting to her feet and leaving the room in silence. She almost felt numb, trying to find her way back. It was the same thing from a few months ago all over again, but her and Ashi weren't going to be the only ones grieving this time.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next