Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 18 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Sliet nodded, giving the boy an understanding smile. "You already have. " she said softly. "Repeatedly." She added. It was true. He had on several occasions with his actions. Hed helped her free Katherine, kept her secret twice, helped any number of people here. The kid had done lots. "So! " she said after a long moment, turning to pel. "Did you want to try again or wait until you get to Otifer? " she asked the other.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:49 pm

Pel hesitated. "I... I want to learn this. I just don't want to hurt anyone in the process." She replied softly, avoiding looking at Raven. She hadn't ever seen him in that much pain before, and she didn't want to again, but if it could save his life, then maybe it was worth it, if he was still willing. She looked up at the boy, and he seemed to understand, giving her a small nod.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:21 am

Sliet thought about it for a moment, considering other options. She could always try on some of the wounded, but that could go very badly. She was pretty sure anyone that wasn't injured and wasn't Raven wouldn't want to help, and Pel might not be as careful with someone who wasn't her friend. Of course Pel could always try healing her... she didn't see any reson not to, but she wasnt sure how that would go. She'd never really had the need to heal someone else with the nanotech. Either they healed themselves or she wasn't around long enough to really try. "Well..." she started hesitantly. "You could try numbing on me if you would rather. I'm a bit more difficult to hurt." She said, still not completely sure, but she could counteract whatever Pel did, right?
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:59 am

Pel looked at Sliet hopefully. Maybe that would work? Sliet could probably numb or fix herself if anything went wrong anyway. "If you're really sure, maybe it would be safer to do it that way?" She asked.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:00 am

Sliet nodded. Safer was good. "I'm as sure as I can be." She said confidently, reaching her shand out to the other the same way Raven had, though she was still unsure. She was forgetting something.  She could feel it. But if this would help, she would do it. How bad could it be?
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:12 am

(oh god poor sliet)

Pel awkwardly reached out and took her hand between hers, feeling sick with worry. She attempted again, trying to do anything to turn off the nerves, hopefully this time she wouldn't cause the other pain.
As she made her attempt, she felt sudden, painful electric shocks run up her arm and jumped.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 am

Sliet tensed as she felt the shocks run up her arm, starting to realize that something was probably wrong.  She squeezed Pels hand tightly, her entire body going rigid, unable to control her own movement as an intense burn spread throughout her body, followed by excruciating pain.  Her head swam and her eyes went wide for a second before going dull as she collapsed to the floor, unconsious.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Pel cried out as her hand was crushed in Sliet's, then watched in helpless terror as the the other fell away and fall back.

"Pel-? Raven started as the other girl gave the first signs of pain, taking a step forward. He lunged forwards to catch Sliet as she jerked and collapsed, stopping her head from smashing against the ground.
He looked from the woman to Pel, frightened for both of them as he eased Sliet down carefully. "What happened, are you alright!?" He asked, checking Sliet for a pulse and breath.
"I-I don't know, oh god, what the hell is wrong with me?" She cried in distress, clutching her head and stepping back.
Raven stood up, scared to touch the other and make things worse.
"Pel, are you hurt?" He asked deliberately, terrfied something had happened to her as well.
The girl shook her head quickly, sinking to her knees. 
"It's alright, she's breathing, I'm going to get help. stay here alright? Everythings going to be okay, alright?" He said, trying to keep his voice level and calm, looking at her carefully.
After a moment, she nodded weakly, staying where she was as he ran off.

----------------

Later on, Harir sat with her where she'd been laid down on the end of a wagon, on top of a blanket. Children filled the carriage, some hurt, some too little to walk, but it was quite as they traveled on beneath the darkening orange sky. The man sat on the end with his legs hanging over the edge, quiet and still. He clasped Sliet's hand gently in his, praying silently for her to open her eyes. He didn't know what was wrong, why she wouldn't wake up, and he was scared for her.

The younger girl had been avoiding them, and the scrawny boy had been stopping by repeatedly between medical runs, checking on Sliet and entertaining the wild children in the cart with piggyback rides, stories and patiently answering their questions about anything they could think to ask.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Sliet groaned, shifting slightly as she slowly came back to conciousness. The first thing she noticed was that she was moving. A wagon or something based on what she could hear. Then, that everything seemed ro hurt, an ache throughout her entire body. And... was someone holding her hand. She squeezed it gently, a bit confused as to who it was. She opened her eyes a crack in confusion looking for whoever it was. Pink dusted her cheeks as she traced the hand badk to Harir. What exactly had happened. And where were they? She wanted to ask him, but wasn't sure what to say. They hadn't really talked since the night before, so she didn't knos exactly where she stood. Well if he was here, and holding her hand at that, it couldn't be too bad right? She wasn't about to question him on the hand thing though, then he might stop, and she was actually rather fond of it. "Hey." She said quietly, unsure of what else to say at the moment.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:50 pm

Harir blinked and looked up, feeling Sliet's hand move. He felt relief wash over him when he saw her awake, taking a shaking breath and trying to hold back a quivering smile. "H-hey. Thank god.. I thought..." He trailed off, squeezing her hand before realizing he was holding it. He was embarrassed, but not enough to pull away. "How are you feeling?" He asked quickly, still scared despite her recovery.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Sleet blinked up at him in confusion. What had he thought that would make him so worried? She tried to sit up a bit when he asked her how she was feeling, cringing slightly, but was careful not to move her hand. Her mind spun as she tried to form a coherent sentence. "I can't say I know what it's like exactly, but I feel like I was struck by lighting." she grumbled. "What happened anyway?".
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:30 pm

"I don't know. Those two kids were with you, they came and got me and said that you'd passed hurt trying to show the girl something. I just.. I figured something was really wrong, since you normally recover from things so quickly. Dumont said you were alright physically, everything was normal, he couldn't figure out why you wouldn't wake up, but he said you'd said something about her missing programs of something, he thought that maybe it had something to do with her nanotechnology being incompatible with yours or something like that. I stayed with you until we picked up and moved. We're back on the road to the station. I'm not sure where the kids are." He explained to her gently.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Sliet listened to him attentively, blushing a bit deeper when he told her about him staying, bringing her free hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose in an attempt to hide it. "Damn. That's what I forgot. Kid's smart like his dad." She muttered before turning back to Harir. "Should be fine before too much longer. Just kind of sore." she tod him, her voice close to a whisper. She didn't look at him though, looking instead out the back of the wagon at the landscape that never seemed to change.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:05 pm

"Alright.. Just let me know if anything is wrong." He replied softly. She seemed better now, but he was still worried for the other.

After a while, Raven appeared, walking back through the caravans of people to the cart Sliet was on. He had a small child perched on his shoulders, yelling excitedly at his friends on the wagon. Raven plucked the boy off of his shoulders and set him back down.
The little one ran over to the others and plopped down. "I went to see daddy. He's got a really really huge hole in his shoulder but he's fine, it was all gross but I got to help put band-aids on him." He told the other next to him, making an exaggerated  face.
"Ewww." Chimed the other. "Did it smell bad?"
"Yeah, like you." 
"Hey!"
The kids giggled and others had approached expectantly in order to get their turn riding around to see their parents.
"Can I go next?"
"I'm next!"
Raven paused and looked over at Sliet when he realized she was up. "One minute, okay? He told the two little ones who had inched up, before going up beside the dark haired other. 
"H-hey, I'm glad you're up, are you alright?" He asked quickly, glad she was awake and alive, but still perplexed as to what had happened.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Sliet nodded, though she knew she would never ask him for anything unless she was on her death bed or someone else was in trouble, and even then it was iffy. She watched the children happily as Raven came over, smiling at their antics. "yeah, just a little sore is all." she assured him, reaching a hand up to scratch the back of her head. her entire body still ached, but it was fading, and as tired as she still felt, she didn't think she would be able to sleep again that night.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:55 pm

He nodded, relieved.. "Pel feels the same way... but she's alright. At least physically." He added uncertainly. She'd been keeping to herself all night long and wouldn't say much to anyone. "Do you need anything for the pain?" The boy asked, glancing up at her, keeping pace with the cart as he walked.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Sliet looked rather worried at the mention of Pel. What did that mean? was there still something wrong? "nah, it won't hurt in a few hours anyway. I don't even know if it would work." She said honestly, shaking her head. "But... what's wrong with Pel? If she's alright physically..." she trailed off, starting to worry if she'd done something.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Raven hesitated; he didn't to make Sliet feel bad. "S-she's scared is all... She thought she'd k-killed you and thinks it's all her fault..." He admitted softly, glancing up at the other. "Would you mind talking to her? Just so she can see you're okay?" He asked the other quietly, not looking at Hamata.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Sliet looked away guiltily as Raven explained. it wasn't Pel's fault, it was nobodies fault but her own. She looked up at the boy as he spoke again, a little surprised he thought she wouldn't anyway. "Of course." she said, turning to Harir for a moment and squeezing his hand. "i'll be right back." she said, before sliding off of the back of the wagon carefully, stumbling a bit as she hit the ground.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Raven nodded thankfully, though was a little surprised when she started to get off the carriage- he had meant to bring Pel to her, worried she might not feel well enough to walk, but it came to mind what she was capable of and he said nothing.

Harir started after her at first, but stopped as she made it to the ground okay. "All right. I'll be here." He replied unnecessarily, not wanting her to go after just having woken up from something like that. As he let go of her hand and she got up, some of the tiny kids glanced over, noting the affection.
"Is that your boyfriend?" Asked a blond little girl innocently, catching the attention of the rest of them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Sliet turned, nodding thankfully to the other before the child spoke. "uh-uhhhh... ummm" she stuttered her face growing increasingly flushed with every second. She wasn't sure how to answer that. She wasn't even sure of the answer. She didn't even know what she wanted it to be. She wanted to look to Harir for an answer, but was almost afraid of what it would be. "M-maybe we should go find Pel." she said to the dark haired boy next to her, just wanting to be as far away from this conversation as possible.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Harir glanced away in immediate embarrassment and alarm when the child asked whether he and Sliet were together. He wasn't sure what to say, and expected Sliet to say no but watched in confusion as she avoided the question and headed off. Well shit.

Raven nodded awkwardly, understanding she wanted to get away from the situation. 
He led her down to the last couple wagons where they were just stopping. He noticed Pel sitting and approached her. "Pel?"
He asked softly, walking up to her.
She didn't turn at first, seemed to ignore him and crossing her arms.
"Sliet's here." He added, and the girl looked to them with reddened, sore eyes before quickly looking down again and saying nothing.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Sliet followed the boy quietly, walking stiffly as they came up to the girl. "Pel..." she said quietly, resting a hand gently on the others shoulder. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault, I should have known better." She said softly, looking at the other in worry.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Pel shook her head quickly, clenching her fists. "Oh course it's my fault, I hurt you. I just keep hurting everyone. I shouldn't have asked you for help. I should have just waited until we get to the station like you said." He replied, her voice rough as the other tried to comfort her.

Raven wasn't sure what to say. Pel usually calmed down best by being left alone, but she was upset about more than having hurt Sliet. She felt like something was wrong with her as a whole. 
It was hard not to when she'd grown up being abandoned and treated by society as someone unwelcome and filthy for simply being alive. This had just sent her over the edge with those feelings.
He stayed back to let Sliet talk to her, but didn't leave.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:31 pm

"It would have happened regardless, even if it wasn't you." she started to explain. "If any of the others were to try it the exact same thing would happen. Otifer said something about it years ago, I thought he was just being paranoid. Your system was trying to do one thing, and mine was trying to do another thing, and it all just kind of shorted out." She explained, losing herself for a moment trying to remember how exactly the man had said it the first time. She was pretty sure she had it right. She pulled the other into a tight hug, running one hand between the others shoulders. "hey, it's okay..."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next