Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

⚔ Medau Rp ⚔

2 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

⚔ Medau Rp ⚔ - Page 2 Empty Re: ⚔ Medau Rp ⚔

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:54 am

Iste followed back into the wagon tensely. She sat stiff in her seat, trying not to look at her old friend. She had braced herself for whatever she was headed into. She was prepared for that. She hadn't prepared for this.

She looked up to Raven when he spoke to her, searching for anything in his expression that would show this as a trap somehow. Finding none she nodded, making her way to her friends side as quickly as the moving wagon would allow. She knelt by his head, gently pulling it into her lap,urr hands fretting over bits of brush caught in his hair. "Dalian, what on earth..." she asked, trailing off as she held back. Whether it was a sob or a scream she wasnt sure, but once she started she wouldnt be able to stop.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:05 am

Dalian coughed weakly, glancing up at her with a pained sadness, eyes following her hands only to meet her gaze. Once, he would have felt embarrassed for her to hold him so tenderly, but now, he was grateful for the comfort, to be close.
The agony in her expression hurt. He hadn't thought it would end up like this, but then, he hadn't thought much at all.
"I thought I could save you... just maybe... I didn't know what else to do, I couldn't just stay there, just let them take you." He replied. "It's not fair. You don't deserve this."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:20 am

"Oh Dal. Neither do you." She breathed, reaching up to hold his face, brushing her thumb across his cheek. She looked down at him heartbroken. She had often wondered when she was young what it would be like to be someone else. What she wouldnt give for it now.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:30 am

Dalian reached up with bound wrists, gently pressing her palm to his cheek with the back of one of his hands, trying to offer any comfort to her.
"It hurts." He got out. "More than I thought." He coughed, wincing. "But I think you holding me is worth it." The blond tried to joke, mustering a small smile, but it quickly faded with the pain. "I'm sorry, Iste." He let his hands fall back over his waist, feeling too weak to even keep his head up, half in disbelief of how injured he was, but starting to feel it weigh him down.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:41 am

Iste smiled despite herself, reaching up to wipe away tears before they could fall. "Shhh. You have nothing to be sorry for. Save your energy for now." She assured him., telling herself he would be okay.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:53 am

Dalian took a painful breath. "Okay." He agreed. He felt so tired.

Raven listened quietly to the two. He was sure the other didn't have long - he was hardly a threat anymore. With some hesitation, he eventually made his way over, glancing to Iste. "Can you help me move him to the bed?" He asked.

Dalian glared through half open eyes at the prince, finally looking him over for the first time, but lacked the strength to argue. He barely had it in him to stand as he was laid in the cart's simple cloth bed, saying nothing at first, but watching the other with a protective worry. He glanced up at the boy when he passed him a flask, regarding it with distrust.

Raven drank some himself, then held it out again. "It's fine. Drink." He urged, voice taking on a tension again.

Dalian drank, and made a tired, disappointed face. "Water?"

"Wine will hasten your blood. This is better." The other replied thankful for the time he had spent with Tirza. If the man was going to live, it was best to raise his chances.

Dalian held the flask at his side, and laid quietly on the bed as the boy left them again to return to his seat. "I think I... I'm falling asleep." He got out weakly, almost apologetically, looking at Iste again through half-lidded eyes.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:59 pm

Iste struggled to help move the man, her dress making it difficult. She settled back in, sitting against the side of the carriage where he could still rest his head on her legs. She listened to her friend fearfully, brushing his hair back with one hand. "it's okay. You rest for now." she told him, only half believing herself, simply hoping he would wake up again once he did.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:00 am

Dalian cast a last look at her, drawing a deep breath, and letting his eyes close as he fell into an deep sleep.

--------------------------------------
Several Years Later

The warm wind of summer was full of the scent of clover and goldenrod as the Festival of the Sun began. People from all over were bustling about the town, while the clanging of metal and the hoof beats of horses echoed through the air.

Raven stood near the seats for the King and Queen, quietly keeping guard where Iste sat - under shade on a colorfully decorated viewing platform. He idled, keeping an eye on things for the time being, taking in the busy festivities with discomfort.

He hated the excitement of it all - still, he appreciated the work Iste and the townsfolk had put into the festivals since her arrival. Since he could remember, his father hadn't cared for such things, but since these festivities had been supported, the townsfolk seemed more tolerating of their presence in the town.
Regardless, he was generally feared and unwelcome - a representative of his father who didn't retaliate against the disrespect they wouldn't dare spit at the king himself. He didn't blame them - he carried out the king's dirty work, after all, but festivals were a bitter time for him.

Still, he enjoyed the joy it seemed to bring Ros. He wondered where she had gone, she was supposed to be seated here with the others for the start, but predictably, wasn't.
"I'm going to look for Roslyn before the King arrives. I suspect she's found herself... distracted." He told Iste, dipping his head before heading off.

Roslyn had no intention of going to sit with her family and the other nobles in the platform - not on a day with so much opportunity. The girl had drawn up her hair under an old one of her brother's cloaks, and wore common clothes and a cuirass she'd taken from the armory, her bow on her back and Raven's old sword at her hip.
Hurrying through the crowd, full of excitement, she watched the first few rounds of jousting in the opening ceremony from the crowd of villagers, before getting fed up trying to see over their heads, and running off towards where the duels would soon begin.

When she arrived, her attention was caught by the yelling of one of the kings' guard, and she strayed off to see what was going on. A boy she'd never seen before, around her age and far scruffier, with the back of his shirt caught in the fist of the soldier.
"You think you can just sneak past me do you? Did your father never teach you what happens to thieves and cons?" The other growled. "I oughta have the guards take you. What do you think of that?" He demanded.

Ros watching curiously from afar, creeping closer to see what would happen.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Som twisted as she tried to wriggle from the guards grip. "Let go of me!" She she cried out, reaching back to try and peel his hand off. She knew if she could get loose she could outrun him, maybe lose him in the crowd. "I think my father wouldn't have let me get kicked in the face by a mule! Unlike yours obviously." She spat furiously.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 pm

Ros giggled to herself at the other's rudeness to the guard, curious of how this would turn out, but a little worried he might be hurt. She walked up to the two, reaching into her pocket. "Excuse me, sir, I can pay his fare." She offered, holding out a gold coin to the soldier.

"And who are you now, his little accomplice?" The man growled, taking the coin while still holding the other's shirt, then releasing his grip, setting the other down.
He glanced at the two for a moment, then stopped abruptly. "Oh. I'm sorry-" The other began, almost nervously, but Ros quickly shook her head. "No need, I'm undercover. may we enter? He's with me." Ros smiled.

"Of course. Stay out of trouble." The other conceded, casting a last glance at the boy who'd tried to sneak in.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Ros asked the other, looking him over. "He only acts mean, he wouldn't really have given you to the guards." She assured.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:15 pm

Som brushed herself off when the man let her go, trying to straighten out her shirt. She followed quickly after the strange girl. "uh no. T-thank you." She stuttered, blushing heavily.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Ros glanced back at the other, turning slightly to walk backwards they made their way through the other contestants towards the ring that had been set up with cloth and nailed sticks. "You're welcome." She smiled. "I'm Ros, what's your name?" She questioned.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:54 pm

Som opened her mouth to answer before thinking better of giving her real name. "I'm Sam." She lied with a smile and a nod."are you here to watch or compete?" She asked, eyeing up the others bow.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:20 pm

"To compete. I have a very good teacher, and I want to make her proud." She told her freely. "What about you?" She asked. "I heard a rumor that the winner gets an audience with the princess." Ros added with a mischievous look. Not quite a lie - the winner would have an opportunity to becomes one of her guards after being vetted by her father... but close enough.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:13 am

Soms eyebrows shot up at the rumor. "Oh I dont know anything about that." She said, bringing her hands up defensively. Though she might not mind it if it were true. "I am to compete as well, doesnt look like against eachother luckily." She noted with a grin.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:27 pm

"I look forward to seeing how you do with a bow - I can't imagine you tried to sneak in here just to shoot the dirt?" She questioned. "How about a bet - if you do score more points than me, I'll buy you food at the market. If I win, then... you keep me company for the day. I need a partner for the duels later." She suggested curiously, finding herself enjoying having a friend to talk to.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:37 pm

Som chuckled heartily at the proposal.  "I think I can uphold that wager." She said, grinning broadly at her new companion.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:54 pm

Ros smiled back at the other, catching the boy's hand to shake. She watched the first contestants line up, observing them curiously. There were some good shots, but nothing perfect.
When the time came for her to shoot, she stepped up and drew her bow, leveling out her arms and taking the stance she'd learned countless times from Iste. The girl took a few breaths, and let free a shot. Her first fell a little low, sticking into the straw below the center. The second flew a bit high, only just nicking the center circle. She readjusted, and the following four stuck in closely around the bullseye. She grinned to herself in excitement. She couldn't wait to tell Iste. She practically skipped back, looking at her friend as she passed. "Beat that, boy!" She challenged playfully, standing back to watch and waiting with anticipation for Sam's turn.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:24 am

Som watched the girl shoot in awe as she waited for her own turn. Her skill with a bow was impressive. She strode forward for her shots, giving Ros a playful smile. She steadied her breath as she drew her bow. She peppered the target all around the bullseye, her last arrow hitting spot on. She lowered her bow, turning proudly to her nee friend.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:31 am

Ros was all but bouncing on the spot, letting go of a held breath as the other turned to face her. "Wow, you're good!" She exclaimed, almost surprised - who was this scruffy looking kid who shot nearly as well as her brother and Iste? "Who taught you?" She asked, impressed. "Oh- Wait- tell me over food, I guess I owe you." She added, then caught herself. "Did you want to wait to see if you win?" She asked, already half under the ribbon to run off towards the market.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:53 am

Som was unsure how she should answer that question and was grateful when she was given more time to think on her answer. She had her hand on the ribbon, holding it up before she even remembered the rest of the competition. She cast a brief glance over her shoulder but shrugged. "Nah. I think I've made my point." she said, rucking the ribbon and following after Ros.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:08 am

Ros smiled back at him, before taking off towards the market. Finding her way through the bustle and checking back over her shoulder to make sure Sam hadn't lost her. "What would you like?" She asked, sniffing the air, smelling all sorts of food prepared for the festival - meat pies, roasting pork, fresh fruit, fried dumplings, fresh bread and pastry deserts, and other dishes. "Whatever you want." She offered honestly, it wasn't often she got to have a companion with her, and she was more than happy to honor her word.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:33 am

Som looked around at all of the stalls, feeling suddenly overwhelmed with the options. She seemed to gravitate to one that seemed to be selling dumplings, practically salivating over the things. "Oh these smell wonderful! " she said to her friend, speaking loudly over the crowd.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:39 am

Ros followed the other curiously, feeling her hunger at all the smells. She nodded to the other, holding out coin to the man running the stall. She wondered how hungry her friend was... he hadn't been able - or willing - to pay his fare at least.
"Eight please, different kinds if you don't mind?" She asked hopefully. As the other passed her the warm bundle of food, she turned to her new friend. "Lets find somewhere to eat." She suggested, hurrying off out of the crowd.

She led them to small hill under some trees, not far from the goings on, and sat down cross-legged, unfolding the bundle in front of them, and taking out her waterskin, setting it beside them to share. "How's this?" She asked, looking over the dumplings, but letting Sam choose first.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:21 am

Som settled in near the other on the grass. She reached for one of the warm dumplings, quickly taking a bite. It had taken some travel to get here and she was starving at this point. "Mmm! This is fantastic." She exclaimed, covering her mouth as she spoke.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum