Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viking Au V2

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Viking Au V2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Viking Au V2

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:01 pm

Sliet stood silently as she woke up enough to process Pel's words. "it's freezing out. I'll grab our boots." she said, stumbling towards the door.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:31 pm

Pel blinked at the other, surprised by her gesture, but didnt turn it down, not wanting to insult her good faith.
She walked with the Sliet into the night air, taking in the sparkling snow and bright stars above, taking a deep, misty breath.
"Thank you... I'm not used to sleeping alone. Makes it worse." She explained dejectedly, finally letting up a bit. "I have a fire and food and good company now, thanks to you, but my mind still feels like I'm running." She added, touching her brow and looking off into the night. "And all these things that I'm running from keep catching me in my sleep. Its... like I need to fight them, but theres nothing to fight anymore. It makes me so angry." She glanced at the girl, hazel eyes troubled and ringed with sleeplessness.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Sliet walked alongside the girl, bundled tightly in her warmest cloak. This time of year was difficult for being coherent. "You dont have to sleep alone. Or if you need to fight something we can also spar. If you think it would help I mean." She suggested awkwardly.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:17 pm

Pel met the others eyes as they walked about. "I'm not sure if sparring is the same. But I could use some practice if you're up for it." She replied appreciatively, a hint of enthusiasm in her voice, depsite the other looking much stronger. She'd enjoy the challenge. "I haven't  had a good fight in too long."
She found herself rounding after a while, the cold chilling her as they made their way back to the house.
"Well... I um, I dont think I'm ready to be in someones bed again. Your people seem kind but I'm not interested in getting wed or causing some kind of conflict if I... We don't even know if we're staying, so..." Pel replied, looking for any excuse that Sliet would take. In truth, she was scared at the idea of being under someones thumb again.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:35 am

Sliet blinked at pel in confusion. "What does sharing a bed have to do with being wed or conflict? My brothers, sister and I used to often when we were quite little. " she asked trying to wrap her head around it.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:56 am

"I...Oh... sorry." She replied. "I thought you meant finding a partner." she struggled to explain. "In my home the only time I really got to sleep off the floor was when the chieftan or one of the men wanted me. I misunderstood. I suppose, um, Raven and I just laid together for warmth, that was nice. Sharing a bed would be nice." She added timidly.

Last edited by Deathcap on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:36 am

Sliet frowned at her explanation. That sounded awful. She turned to the girl, wrapping her tightly in her arms.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:40 am

Pel glanced up as Sliet embraced her, uncertain for a second. She opened her mouth to speak, but instead returned the hug, letting her face rest in the others shoulder for a moment and closing her eyes
She was grateful for the comfort, and that the other even cared and hadn't just brushed off her worry.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:03 pm

Sliet pulled away from the hug, giving Pel a nod. "How about we head back to bed. I think my ears are going to freeze off." She said with a shiver.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:59 pm

Pel nodded quietly, following after the other back into the dark room inside, breathing in the old smell of smoke as she slipped off her cape and boots again, hesitantly waiting to climb into bed.
As she did, she settled beside the other, trying not to take up too much room, but already grateful for the warmth. She glanced at the older before settling in. "Thank you, you're very kind." She murmured sleepily.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:38 am

Sliet shuffled out of her boots but kept her Cape, laying it out over the furs and blankets for extra warmth before crawling into bed and curling into a ball. "Shshhshhh. Sleepy time." She mumbled, eyes closed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:09 am

Pel glanced back at the other as she shushed her, closing her eyes and settling into the bed. Thinking briefly if it wouldn't be so bad to stay here as she fell asleep.

SKIP

Raven woke up to the morning light and the sight of Sigmund going about and packing things up. He pushed himself up from his bedroll curiously, pulling his cloak around his shoulders against the cool mist of the spring morning. "Sigmund? are we moving?" He questioned, worry in his eyes. Was something wrong?

Pel laid peacefully next to him on her own bedroll, fast asleep still.

Last edited by Deathcap on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:55 pm

Sigmund looked up, startled as the boy spoke. "We're headed home early this time. Would you start the fire for breakfast before we leave?" He asked, continuing to pack up as quietly as he could as to let Pel sleep.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:19 am

Raven nodded, pushing out of his bedroll with a shiver and lacing up his boots quickly, and going off to begin collecting firewood to do as Sigmund asked.
When he'd gotten the fire started, he knelt and tended it carefully, enjoying the warmth and a little nervous over why they were heading back so soon. Had Sigmund seen something? Still, he didn't want to question the other.

When the fire was going well, he rolled some of his own things up and scooched back by Pel as she slowly woke up, and sat up sleepily, folding her legs under her and leaning into Raven's shoulder as she rubbed her eyes, yawning as she woke up more slowly than her friend.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:49 am

Sigmund puttered around the camp, setting the pan over the fire to cook up some eggs and potatoes. He looked up from his cooking at the two, chuckling lightly at the two. Raven looking bright eyed and Pel still quite bleary.

He took the bowls from his pack, dishing some up for the two and bringing it over so they wouldnt have to get up for now. Today was going to be a big day after all.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:00 am

Raven sat forward to take the food when he saw the other making his way over.
"Thank you." He remarked warmly.
He set the bowl in his lap and took a few bites.
"Did you sleep well?" He asked the other. He wondered if it made the old man sore to lay on the ground in the cold so much.

Pel mustered a appreciative grumble, warming her hands on the bowl. If anything, her sleepiness a sign of comfort. Sigmund had been kind and honest. Though they'd only known him some months, she felt no more wary of him or cautious of his ire than Raven, Dalian or Unavyre.
The girl dug into the food gratefully, waking up a bit as they ate.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:44 am

Just fine. Spent some time watching the stars." He told the boy, dishing up his own bowl. "You seem well rested." He remarked, sitting on his own roll near the fire.

"Now" he started, settling in. "How familiar are the two of you with signborn?" It seemed like a good opening point. As a rule he tried to avoid asking about their lives before arriving here, but this would be good to know.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:20 am

Raven mustered a shy smile. "If not for Pel's snoring." He teased, looking to the girl, but only received a frowning grunt as she took another bite of potatoes.

When Sigmund spoke, both glanced up at him curiously. Pel made a face, considering, covering her mouth with her hand for a moment before she replied. "The sky signs? Somewhat." She hesitated before continuing. "I was born under the sign of The Sons my mother said... the ones with the tigers. I've not sure I've any gift or curse."

"You've a gift of some sort." Raven replied, remembering her deadliness with an axe, whether the gods had any say or not. She fought like few he'd seen. Sliet might be the closest.

Raven hesitated. "Erm... Foh.." He tried, recalling his mother's words and trying to think of the word in their language now for that god.

"Raven was born to the little doe. though just in the month, not signborn." Pel explained. "I know... some sign born are chosen for important roles if they are gifted, though the mothers always muttered and worried about a child being born under a certain sign, that they might come out wrong."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:24 pm

Sigmund nodded thoughtfully, seeming to forget about his own breakfast for a moment. "Are you at all familiar with Fen Rho? The bear. Or the mother."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:27 pm

Raven glanced up at the old name for the god, blinking. Did Sigmund know some of his language? He hadn't spoke it in so long. He pulled back from his wondering and nodded, trying to pay attention.

"Yes - some women in the clan pray to her." Pel added.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:19 pm

Sigmund took a bite of potato and chewed over how he would continue. He swallowed and tilted his head awkwardly trying to find the words. He had never been the one to explain this before. "a lot of years ago, there was a man born under that sign, with a curse or gift or whatever you would like to call it." he explained, taking another thoughtful bite of potato. " He left his home to make a new one far away from everywhere known to him. And he was successful. He was the first Redsnow." he explained loosely.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:45 pm

Raven listened curiously, sitting up a little at the prospect of a story.

Pel nodded. "That would explain why we've never heard of your clan among the others."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:10 pm

Sigmund nodded, seeming excited that the kids were listening and seemed engaged. "exactly." He told them, leaning in now slightly more invested in his story. "Now that Redsnow, he had some children of his own. And those children shared his gift, as did their children in time. All the way until now." He explained, becoming increasingly animated in his movements. " This is also part of the reason we do not fight bears but leave them to their own devices usually. "
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:14 pm

The two listened quietly as he went on, Pel continuing to eat the rest of her food. She frowned a little. "Oh, so you hold them as sacred? Do they... not bother your people?.. is that the gift?" She questioned honestly, a bit confused.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:57 pm

Sigmund mulled over her question briefly, his brow furrowing deeply. "In a way..?" He fumbled for some way to say it gently and tactfully. Eventually he gave up. "They all turn into bears." He told them, giving it to them as it is.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next