Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viking Au Rp

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Viking Au Rp Empty Viking Au Rp

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:10 am

Raven stood at the crossroads in the morning light; watching the fortress from the cover of the trees as he waited quietly for some sign of Haust, Wurm and Dalian at his side, and Unavyre  in the trees, encase things went wrong, as he fully expected. He tensed when he caught the gentle thump of hooves and the rustle of the undergrowth that followed, resting his hand on the hilt of his blade and bracing himself until a creaking wagon pushed through the old trail, followed by only two men in padded armor he didn't recognize, holding girl between them, and led by an too familiar face clad in proper armor.
"Isar?" He growled, uncomfortable. He doubted trickery from the veteran, but then, he'd expected more of the other than joining in Haust's killings. "Where is Haust?"
"Raven. Haust did not see fit to come out to meet you herself. She felt that meeting you out here herself would... cloud judgement."
The younger didn't reply, watching the former ally quietly.
"Our lady would like to extend a token of good faith to you, with the coming months of winter. She controls these lands now, and while you are trespassing, she asks that you would take these gifts, and turn away.
"I'm not here for gifts or land, Isar. I'm here for our children." Raven spat back, disinterested and fed up that she hadn't shown her face.
"She knows this, but she reasons that the skirmishes between the two groups cannot go on forever, and she offers you this mercy now that the feud might end, however horrible it's been." The elder pleaded. "War is war, and what's done is done. You cannot hope to keep your men alive through this winter out here. Find somewhere else, Haust is willing to end this."
Raven felt anger boil in his chest at the other's words. He had no intention of stopping until Haust was in the earth, but he knew killing Isar would accomplish nothing... their end would not change, but he knew the hunger of the others was obvious, they were growing weak and desperate.
At his silence, the old warrior beckoned for the two men.
"Haust gives you this barrel of grain and meat, it is enough to keep a group of your size fed. I hope you will consider her kindness. Further, she gives you this girl, captured unmarried from the former lord of this land, so that you might begin to rebuild your kingdom. Truly, our lady wishes your clan no more ill will." Isar pleaded, and the two dragged the dark haired woman forward, doing their best to push her at the younger man's feet.
Raven wrinkled his nose as Isar's words, glancing over the girl in confusion and anger as she was thrown at them.

Last edited by Deathcap on Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Viking Au Rp Empty Re: Viking Au Rp

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:44 am

Sliet growled indignantly as she scraped her knees on the rough ground. She scrabbled at the ground, seemingly trying to regain her balance, grabbing a stone in one of her bound hands.and rounding on one of the men to take a swing at him, not for the first time that day.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:51 am

Raven tensed as the other managed to grab a stone and scramble to her feet in the same motion, reaching to catch her arm. "Don't, it's okay-" He urged quietly, trying to keep her from getting him with the rock as he rounded to put himself between her and Hausts men.
Wurm reached to help and Dalian kept an eye on the enemies, while one of the armored guards drew his blade to fend her off. "Don't- don't touch her." Raven added to his own as he let go of the girl quickly.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:10 am

Sliet narrowed her golden eyes dangerously as the stranger grabbed her arm. She snarled around the rope that was gagging her, though the prickling sensation of being surrounded was beginning to stifle her rage, especially as she was being pulled away from the direct conflict.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 am

Raven eased a little as the other stilled, putting his hands up a bit to show he meant no harm. "It's okay, easy." He told her, glancing back at Isar with hated, voice even. "You should return home, Isar."
"So you will accept Haust's gift?"
"I'll consider it." He grunted, watching the others leave the offering on the ground and begin to head off.

Raven turned back to the captive then, and stepped back a bit, giving her space, but reached out a little. "You're okay... going to be okay, we won't touch you, I promise. We aren't like them." He told her softly, meeting her eyes. He nodded at Dalian and the other drew his knife, trying to show he meant no harm before reaching to cut the rope from her mouth, and then to free her hands before he stepped back.
Unavyre came down from the trees to approach the others, the red haired soldier held a look of concern. Unavyre stood awkwardly, wanting to help but not to panic the young woman any further.
Wanting to keep her from running back into danger, Raven spoke up again, softly. "I'm Raven, these are Dalian, Unavyre, and Wurm. What's your name? We'll bring you back to our camp."
"Not to take you captive." Unavyre added, and the others murmured in agreement.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:33 am

Sliet watched the man with the knife carefully as he cut her free, first stretching out her sore jaw, then rubbing her tender, rope burned wrists. She made eye contact with each of the strangers before standing up taller and speaking with more pride than seemed to fit either her bedraggled appearance or the current situation. "My name is Sliet Rhym Alibeth Fawn Redsnow Of Clan Redsnow. Slayer of Direhounds, next in line for chief of Clan Redsnow."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 am

Raven listened to the other, frowning at the woman, but keeping his mouth shut, impressed she had any composure left, but feeling sorry for her, wondering how far in shock she was. "I'm afraid we're all sons of none, Redsnow. We don't have much. But you can rest with us if you want." He offered gently.

Dalian and Wurm kept lookout quietly as the others spoke, Dalian holding a snort back as she gave her title.

Unavyre shucked his emerald green cloak off and offered it to the girl. "H-here, it'll be okay." He assured, reaching to put it around her shoulders.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Sliet listened to the man uneasily. She was really coming to hate being at the mercy of others. "that would be... nice" she said, seeming to be trying to chose her words carefully. She She pulled the cloak tightly around herself as it was draped over her, covering the clothing that felt so wrong, nodding to Unavyre in thanks.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Raven nodded quietly, turning to lead the group out of the scattering of beech and spruce. "Wurm, circle around to make sure we aren't being followed, then head back to camp." He told the other quietly, and the man nodded, taking off as they headed away. Raven gathered up one of the barrels against his chest, while Unavyre easily picked the other up, carrying against his shoulder. Dalian kept a wary eye out as they headed along.

The others trailed off into silence again before Raven eventually glanced to the girl with them. "Did they hurt you? Are you okay?" He asked gently.

Wurm rounded and caught up with the group as they reached the camp, sheltered in a swath of scattered birches and bordered by a shallow stream. A small group of young men tended the fires and wove among the sparse tents, while a couple stood higher in the trees, keeping a lookout.
"Heyo! They're back!" Alerted one of the scouts as they came closer to the trees, and the camp gathered to meet them, curious.
The group was comprised of a scruffy looking bunch for the most part, one elder, one senior warrior,and a young boy among them, but most of the fifteen or so men were young adults.
The child was the first one to speak, rushing to the front of the group, worry and excitement on his face, glancing at Sliet before speaking up. "Was Mom there?!"
"We didn't go to the fortress." Raven replied apologetically, setting his barrel down alongside Unavyre, and Wurm stepped forward to pat the boy's head, leading him off without a word while the others spoke.
"Did you meet her? What happened?" Asked another
"She didn't show up. Wanted us to turn away in exchange for the barrels."
The group grumbled. "You took it?"
"I said I'd consider. I wanted to hold a meeting, but we think it's a trap."
"Whose this?" Asked the older man, gesturing at the young woman.
"Sliet, of house Red Snow, She was the chieftain of the fort." Raven answered, glancing at Sliet for confirmation he hadn't gotten her name wrong.
"Is she an ally?"
"Haust gave her over with the food." Raven explained.
Another rumble ran through the group, with varied response this time.
"To the group or just you?" Joked a auburn haired man, a couple chuckled along, while Unavyre frowned uncomfortably and a couple others murmured in discontent.
"Shut up Denek." Dalian snapped.
"Lighten up Dal, we haven't seen woman in months." One of the others beside him called out in defense.
"Much less a lady." a third added, glancing above those in front of him to glare at the returning party.
"She'll be staying with me until we sort this out." Raven snapped, granting a couple mutters from the same bunch.
"If you bunch are so desperate, I'm sure you can keep one another company on look out tonight, just pretend you're ladies, the dark will help." He snapped back at their grumbling, pushing past the group. "No one touch the meat and grain yet, alright? It might be poisoned." He added. "Unavyre, could you find your old stuff and bring it to my tent?" The boy asked more gently as they headed past the group, and gestured for Sliet to follow him as he headed into the small tent at the edge of the camp.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:50 am

"I'm fine" sliet whispered to the man as they neared the camp. She was already humiliated and refused to admit to any further weakness. Once they entered the camp itself she looked around anxiously at all of the fresh unknown faces, her eyes darting between each as she tried to size them up. Her wandering gaze only stopped when the conversation turned to her specifically, locking on the small group of particularly crude individuals with a silent snarl. She followed close behind Raven, trying to keep her head high as she went.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:08 am

Raven plopped down briefly on the bedroll when they entered the small tent, puffing and letting his shoulders slump as his composure slipped away for a moment, gesturing that she could sit on the opposite roll if she wanted.

He glanced at her with a slightly softened expression after a moment. "You said you had slain beasts of some sort? Can you fight?" He questioned, before Unavyre popped into the tent, still looking a little sour. "Sorry about Danek." He murmured, before taking a seat awkwardly beside Raven, clutching the armor before passing it to the girl.
"Here, if you want it, it might be a little big, but...Probably more comfortable than the dress."
"If you prefer men's armor, there's extra, as well." Raven offered, sadness suddenly thick in his voice. "If you want to take back your home, we can use any help we can get." He explained.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:16 am

Sliet stepped over to the bed roll but refused to sit, still on edge. She took the armor with a surprised expression, seeming to lose a fair bit of her fear of the situation, quickly being replaced with a steely determination. "I can fight." She said evenly. "Help would be appreciated."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:29 am

Raven nodded quietly. "We'll take if back in your name, but I want to ask that those who survive the fight might take refuge there through the winter, and contribute, of course, but live there. We have no home left." He asked. "Would you consider such an alliance?" He didn't care what happened to him, but his group was young, they had their lives ahead of them, even if that was serving under another clan, at least he wouldn't have to watch them die.

Unavyre glanced at Raven curiously. After the split, they hadn't expected to survive, though he knew he had thought that Pel might have captured some of the women and children, was he still holding out hope that the clan might be salvaged as anything but bandits? The ones who had stayed had stayed for revenge or loyalty, but few of them had anything to go back to, and if they set out on their own, chances were they'd end up thieves or slaves again.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:52 am

Sliet listened to the other, nodding. Her mind was racing now with plans on how to avenge her family and retake her home now that there was a possibility of a future. "That can be arranged." She said thoughtfully
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:08 am

Raven nodded in relief. "Thank you. As for taking the castle, is there some sewer system or other entrance in? With how many men we have, walking up directly would be suicide, so we were planning to breach the walls overnight... but..."

Last edited by Kazukedud on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 pm

"None that I know of." She said shaking her head. "It wasn't created by my people. We used to explore it as children but..." she trailed off, racking her brain for anything of use.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:32 am

The other considered quietly. "What state are they in? Her group? How many? Did she... were there any women and children in her group?" He questioned, voice softer, as if he were afraid of the answer, while Unavyre listened, suddenly intent.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:36 am

Sliet tried to remember what she had seen in her time in that place. "Sixteen? Maybe more?" She said, shaking her head. "They had a few prisoners, but I wasn't exactly focused on counting."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:03 am

Raven and Unavyre exchanged excited glances. "Thank you.. If that's the case there's no time to waste, but we'll have to be careful, they might be members of our old home... I'll tell the camp." Raven told her. "You're welcome to join us for dinner, or rest. We'll move in tomorrow. You can sleep in my tent for the night if you wish."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:15 am

"That would be most appreciated." She said with a nod. "Though, if I might make a suggestion. I might be able to get them to open the gates relatively easily."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:19 am

Raven frowned in interest. "Yeah? How so?" He questioned. The faster they could end this, the less blood they would have to shed.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 am

"If I were to tell them that you were dead, they would have to let me in to show them proof. If you and your warriors could find a place to hide." She explained, looking uncomfortable as she realized that she would have to go into this without armor or have them be suspicious and not let her in.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:34 am

Raven hesitated, and then tensed at the implication. "She sent you to kill me?" He asked, voice level and quiet as his hand found the hilt of his dagger, watching her warily.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:42 am

Sliet raised an eyebrow at the man, looking at him as though he had missed something obvious. "Of course. You were wise to think the food might be poisoned. I just assumed you knew. She really seems to want you gone. She explained, starting to look anxious again.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:48 am

The other looked genuinely hurt at this, if only for a moment, before nodding, still looking discomforted. "I appreciate... your honesty, but the second she realizes she's been tricked she'll cut you down. If she doesn't before she even lets you in the gates. If reclaiming the castle means that much to you and you're willing to take the risk, it'll give us a better chance, but I don't want to ask you to risk that. We can take the safer route, but it's up to you." He replied, trying to ease up a little bit.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next