Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viking Au Rp

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Viking Au Rp - Page 5 Empty Re: Viking Au Rp

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 am

The bear dropped back to all fours, padding forward to sniff at the person. This one was familiar. This one was okay.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri May 22, 2020 9:51 am

Pel froze up as the bear padded closer, trembling with panic. Do something, do something! But she felt as if she was made of stone and could only flinch and shut her eyes as the bear sniffed at her, raising her arms to protect her face.

Raven walked through the grass, growing worried now for where Sliet had gone. Dalian trailed after him, seemingly much more relaxed until the other stiffened up beside him. Raven glanced at his friend, following his gaze to movement in the grass ahead. Raven's heart dropped as he saw the bear standing over Pel, and he freed his sword quickly. "Hey! Hey! Get back! Get away from her!" He shouted angrily, rushing over.

Dalian immediately pulled his bow from his back and shifted, drawing an arrow, taking aim and loosing it in a quick motion.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 am

The bear jumped back at the loud noise, ears pinned in fear. What was that? these two smelled okay too., so why were they so loud? What was going on? It looked over it's shoulder at where the arrow darted through the tall grass, nearly stepping on Pel in it's confusion.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri May 22, 2020 11:59 am

Pel looked back in shock as Raven and Dalian arrived, ducking as Dalian shot at the bear and trying to take the chance to back up, frightened. Raven gripped her arm and pulled her back beside him, waving his sword in warning to keep the bear back.

Raven regarded the creature with fear and distrust, trying to keep it at bay with his blade as he stepped back. "are you hurt?!" He questioned Pel, without looking away from the animal.
"No, no it didn't attack me-" Pel got out, stepping away from him.

Dalian drew another arrow, lining up with the bear's head, when Pel raised her hand. "Don't, don't kill it, it's not aggressive, I think I surprised it."
Dalian looked from Pel to the bear and back, considering but not convinced.

Raven stepped back from it, still watching the creature with overwhelming fear. How did she know it wasn't aggressive? Taking a breath, he motioned for Dalian to lower the bow. "Leave it, we need to find Sliet." He directed, starting to move back slowly and making sure the others did the same.

Pel watched the bear curiously, still fearful but glad Dalian hadn't shot it. What kind of bear was that, anyway? It was larger than a black bear, but it didn't look anything like a cave bear, either. In fact, it reminded her of the little bear they'd found while hunting when they were younger.

As Raven and Dalian distanced themselves, she felt far more interested in the bear than in going to find Sliet, and kept looking back at the animal.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm

The bear sat in confusion as the humans left watching them in silence. Once the beast had lost sight of them it started to trot after the friends, following their scent.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 pm

Wulfar returned to the camp quietly before the others, forgetting what he had been looking for. He thought and thought, but it wouldn't come back, so he packed up his things, and pulled out the blackberries he had gathered the night before. He needed them for something... something... what was it?
The boy glanced up when he noticed the others returning, looking rather anxious. "Oh, you found her." He spoke up as they arrived at the fire, looking past them.

"What?" Dalian questioned, and the three looked over their shoulders.
Raven tensed and narrowed his eyes in hatred as the bear appeared some ways off in the grass, trailing after them. What the hell? He glanced at Wulfar as the other walked past him, doing a double take before reaching out to catch the other. "Don't! You're going to get mauled." He warned, frozen and bewildered as the young man walked up calmly to the creature.

Wulfar headed over to Sliet as she padded up. "Hello Sliet, so that's where you went, huh? You should tell us when you leave, we were really worried about you." He chided, sitting by her and untying the pouch of berries, laying it out for her and moving back a bit. Right. That's what they were for.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri May 22, 2020 10:11 pm

The bear trotted happily up to Wulfar. She could smell the berries from there and was practically drooling. Sliet scarfed down the berries quickly before stepping up to the man, butting her head up against him in thanks.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Wulfar smiled at her affection and patted her shoulder in return. He glanced up as Raven approached him cautiosly. "Wulfar... what are you doing?" He breathed in terrified awe.

Wulfar glanced back, uncertain of the other's fear. "Sharing some black berries with Sliet?" He offered sheepishly.

"Wulfar, that's a bear."

"Yes."

"What-" Raven blinked in bewilderment as it finally dawned on him. "Thats... Sliet? Sliet is a bear now?"

"You didn't know?" Wulfar questioned.

Raven frowned in greater confusion. How do you? Sliet told Wulfar about this? When? Were they even friends? Weren't Sliet and him friends? Why didn't she tell him? Did she not trust him? Could they even trust her? Why hadn't she told them about something so important? Was she dangerous? He looked down at the bear, still not knowing what to think.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat May 23, 2020 5:58 am

The bear sat back next to Wulfar, flicking its long tongue out to lick away the berry juice from it's lips. She briefly sniffed at the air hoping to sniff out more but didn't find any closeby.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat May 23, 2020 8:39 am

Raven, Unavyre and Dalian watched the bear with discontent before Unavyre spoke up worriedly. "Do... do you think Hagr was right? That the Redsnows are all monsters?"

"They seemed like normal folk." Dalian replied, but even he didn't seem so sure.

"But so did she, and-  and- they said Rika murdered someone. How do we know she won't attack us like this?" Unavyre fretted. "What if she really is connected to the great bear. What if it attacked us to save them?"

Dalian frowned, watching the bear. "Well, when she changes back, we'll have a word with her." He grumbled threateningly.

Pel glared at the two. "Does she look like the great beast to you?" She demanded, gesturing to the bear sitting peacefully next to Wulfar. "Maybe she didn't want to tell anyone because of this."

Dalian frowned. "Are we sure this is Sliet? what if you brought some random bear out of the woods?"

Raven listened to the others argue in silence, considering for a moment. He walked forward despite his anxiety to crouch down by the bear. "Redsnow? Do you understand me? He questioned, searching her eyes for any sign of recognition.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 am

Sliet sat watching the others as they spoke. Why were they all looking at her? She looked back at raven as he got in close. The bear listened to him, sitting there looking contentedly before leaning forward and licking up the side of his face.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat May 23, 2020 11:46 am

Raven reeled back with a yelp, falling off his feet and pushing her face back, wiping his face with his arm disgustedly and glaring back at her. What the hell. He got to his feet, brushing himself off and rather flustered. "Do not. Do not do that. Don't you dare." He growled at Sliet, but he couldn't tell if it was sinking in or not. "Lets go. We have a lot of ground to cover."

"We're not going to deal with this?" Dalian questioned, gesturing to the bear.

"She's peaceful. She's following us. There's nothing to deal with." Raven replied.

Dalian and Unavyre looked at one another uncertainly, but went back to packing up their things.

Wulfar stood by the bear, watching the others regard her with distrust and giving her fur a gentle ruffle. He was thankful they couldn't see him, either.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat May 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Sliet looked up at wulfar, grunting her concern, leaning gently into him. Everyone seemed upset. That was bad.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Wulfar walked behind with the bear as they continued on through the day, keeping her company and trusting her nose would lead them back to the group if they lost sight of them.

When the group tired and settled down near a river at dusk, Wulfar walked a little away from the others, finding a peaceful spot beneath an old tree.
He took a breath, enjoying the quiet until the chaos of the others echoed over the water.
He watched Dalian shove Unavyre into the water, while Pel cried in outrage at being splashed as the two rough-housed. He smiled calmly before looking up to watch Raven wade into the shallow water a ways in front of him, carrying a sharpened stick. He tilted his head curiously as the other stopped and stood very still, seeming to search the water.
"What are you doing?" He questioned.

Raven jumped, glancing up quickly and meeting his eyes before turning his attention back to the river. "Oh, uh, trying to catch us something to eat." The other explained. "Have you not fished before?"

"No. I cannot eat fish. And the water scares me." He told the other honestly.

"Oh. Does it make you sick or something? Fish?" Raven asked, keeping his eyes on the water.

"No, I do not take life." Wulfar explained.

"So, you don't eat meat? Doesn't that make you sick?" Raven questioned, taking aim at a large trout but just missing and scouring the rocks below.

Wulfar nodded. "It makes me weaker, but I don't like to cause suffering."

"What if you need strength to fight? What if you need to feed your family? A fish matters more than that?" Raven questioned in genuine confusion, looking up from the water.

"One life doesn't matter more than another to me. We will all die, and I will never have a family." Wulfar tried to explain, used to others thinking he made very little sense, but it made sense to him

Raven hesitated, glancing up at him and considering what he said. Did the other really believe that? He didn't like killing either, but they had to eat, they had to keep living. It wasn't that easy. At the other's mention of never having a family, he frowned. "Never? Don't say that. What's stopping you? We'll keep you safe, and you can come back with us when we go home; I'm sure you could find someone." He tried to assure.

Wulfar looked up at the other's offer, surprised, but knowing it couldn't happen. Still, he couldn't help a warm smile. "That's very kind, but I don't think that will happen. I think I will die before then."

Raven frowned at the other in worry. "Are you sick?"

Wulfar hesitated. "No...but-"

"Then don't worry, I said we'll keep you safe. You aren't going to die." Raven assured, worried for the other.

Wulfar blinked, confused but touched by the other's assurance. He knew the other's promise was already broken, but it was a kind thought. "If I came home with you, I could still not take a family."

"Why not?"

"I swore to never lay with a woman nor bear children. I cannot. I am bound by oath." Wulfar explained.

"So, what? You don't need to lay with someone to have a family. Dalian, Unavyre, Pel and I are family, we have no blood ties, but we love one another. You can still have a family. You can stay with us if you like."

The silver haired man frowned, feeling his heart race strangely. How could the other just brush everything off like that? He was at peace with being alone, at peace with his death. He didn't need comfort. The other didn't understand, that was all. "I cannot stay with your group."

"Why not? Is Dalian too loud?" Raven questioned, taking a second to glare down the river where the other was shouting.

Wulfar felt himself growing tense. "I am sign born. Beneath Aik-Toi."

Raven blinked at him.

"Aik Toi! The god of death, do you understand?"

Raven frowned. "Understand what? I know of Aik-Toi."

"I will bring death and misfortune to you, sickness, injuries, I'll ruin everything. It's why I was kept at the monastery, it's why I was given away, it's why all the monks were killed, why all those bandits were hung, yet I lived, do you understand!?" Wulfar cried and quickly shut his mouth, scared by his own voice and drawing back, realizing tears were running down his face. "I-" He watched as the other waded over and sat down beside him on the bank.

"Wulfar, you healed Sliet. You haven't done anything wrong. We're lucky to have you here. You can stay with us as long as you want to." Raven assured, confused by the other's outburst. "I don't care what sign you were born under. Death happens all the time. It's not your fault."

Wulfar blinked at the other, a swirl of confusion, relief, and sorrow twisting in his chest. How could the other just ignore fate? How could the other just push away all these things he had spent so long trying to accept? "You don't... you don't care?"

"I don't. You're welcome to stay with us. I won't let anything happen to you, not if I can help it." Raven assured, watching worriedly as the other nodded.

"Thank you. I..." Wulfar hesitated, not sure how to respond.

"Uh, it's okay." Raven replied, feeling flustered as things grew quiet. "Are you alright?"

Wulfar nodded.

Raven returned the nod, getting up and stepping back into the water to continue fishing.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun May 24, 2020 10:00 am

The bear followed after the group, keeping close for the most part but veering off a bit every time she smelled food. Every time she would track the group down and catch up again. Once they had settled for the night she stalked up to the river excitedly, standing on a rock a ways from where the other were playing and waiting for the fish to get scared down to her spot. She sat patiently, very still for a while before plunging her face into the water and emerging with a large fish in her jaws. She sat up very proud of herself, running over to Dalian to try and show him the fish that was still wiggling in her jaws.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 am

Dalian broke his attention from Unavyre as the bear approached, fish in mouth. He stepped back a bit as it loped over, but regarded the catch curiously. "Huh, nice." He conceded, before calling down the river. "Hey Raven, the bear's better at fishing than you!"

Raven glared down the river, but said nothing before going back to watching the water.

"You want us to cook that? Or do you eat like a bear too?" Dalian questioned.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun May 24, 2020 10:38 am

The bear set the fish on the bank, pushing it towards him with her nose, clearly very excited.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 am

Dalian looked from the bear to the fish, confused by the excitement radiating off the bear. Maybe she did understand him? He reached to pick it up and take it over to the fire, careful not to let it slip back into the water.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun May 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Once dalian took the fish the bear ran back to the river, continuing the process until she had given him a small pile of fish. Finally, she caught a few for herself, sitting close to the fire and tearing into the raw fish.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun May 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Dalian watched the other gather a heap of fish in confusion, but gathered them up and began working on spearing them and laying them over the fire.

Raven waded back up the river with Wulfar, spear full of trout, and headed to the fire, blinking when he saw all the fish already laid out. "You actually helped?"

"No, Sliet brought him those." Unavyre explained.

Raven glanced at Sliet, pulling the largest fish from his spear and laying it down in front of her before going about quietly cooking the others.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun May 24, 2020 9:30 pm

The bear looked up from her meal to grunt in thanks at Raven. She licked her paws clean once all of the fish was gone before waddling to lay next to Wulfar at the fire.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun May 24, 2020 9:44 pm

Wulfar finished some bread he had brought along, and glanced up as Sliet layed down with him, ruffling her fur in greeting and eventually settling and leaning against her like a pillow, continuing to pet her fur in return.

Raven sat back once the fish had cooked, eating quietly and thankful they had made it through another day with food in their bellies. He watched the others, as Wulfar settled with Sliet, and Dalian and Unvayre passed out beside one another after laughing and telling stories. Reishi had been so quiet since they'd left. Had she even noticed Sliet? He felt colder than usual, sitting alone at the edge of the fire.
He glanced over at Pel where she lay, back to the others, and felt a tug of longing in his chest, wondering if she missed him at all, despite anything.
Pushing the thoughts away, he laid down, taking a deep breath and exhaling, closing his eyes to the moonless night.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Thu May 28, 2020 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 25, 2020 9:40 pm

*skip*
Sliet sat up sleepily, looking around at the camp in a daze, hair going in all directions. She started to panic as she realized her situation. She pulled the warm blanket tightly around herself, rushing to grab her things before anyone else woke up, taking it into the forest to get dressed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon May 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Raven woke up at the sound of movement, pushing himself up on his elbows and sitting to see Sliet get up, wrapped in a blanket and rushing. He frowned at the other in confusion - she was back to herself? "Sliet?" He questioned. "Are you alright?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon May 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Sliet peeked out from the bushes at Raven. "I'm fine." she squeaked nervously, scrambling to get her clothes on.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next