Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viking Au V2

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Viking Au V2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Viking Au V2

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:36 pm

The first looked up with a blank expression, while the other furrowed his brow. "Who are you? What is the meaning of this?" He demanded. "What for? You just think you're gonna take out women and leave us?"

Raven listened anxiously, ready to back Sedri up if he needed it, but not about to undermine his authority here. The mountains were his home, after all.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:41 pm

Sedri narrowed his eyes dangerously. "I'm one of the ones opening my home to everyone here, but you." He told them pointedly. I wont stop you from following, but you wont like how it ends."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:47 pm

"As he says. There's no place for you there." Raven added, backing the other up as he met the men's eyes.

The two seemed to weigh their chances, before the blank-expressioned one spoke up. "Why? You got something to protect? Scared I'll bed your  sweet old mum?" He said with a snarly grin, eyes shifting between the two young men.

Raven bristled beside Sedri, but held his ground until they gave up or it came to blows. He laid his hand on his sword-hilt, but made no move just yet, following Sedri's lead.

Last edited by Deathcap on Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:59 am

ISedri's eyebrows shot up at the mans comment, looking over to raven in a snort of bewildered way, trying to glean whether or not that actually happened. "Oh I would /love/ to see you try. " he told the man, knowing his mother would leave this guy bleeding in a ditch if he tried any such thing.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:41 pm

The first took a step forward towards Sedri and Raven. "What gives you the right? You aren't my chieftan. Try and take what's mine, you-" but the other caught his arm, casting him a look, then met eyes with Raven. "Fine. If you truly want us gone. I hope your people have enough without us to defend themselves, you snake. May Wohrn judge you for sending your own out to die."

"You're kin of mine no longer." Raven reminded flatly, watching the two distrustingly as they walked away. "I think they will follow. If not today, then another." He whispered to Sedri. They were anything but honest in their word.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:42 pm

Sedri blinked at the man incredulously, no longer sure how to talk to these men. He turned to follow after Raven, shaking his head as he went. The man snorted in amusement at the idea. "Let them. It's a way to learn." He said in a dangerous tone.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:48 pm

"Thank you, Sedri. I was not looking forward to a fight. You're much bigger than I, more intimidating." He added appreciatively, gathering the last of their things and keeping an eye over his shoulder as they packed up.
At the sound of rustling trees and a burst of crying birds up the side of the valley, he felt a chill run up his back. "I think it is time to go."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:01 pm

"Thank you." He said, puffing up proudly at the compliment. Sedri sniffed the air once the birds flew away, wrinkling his nose at the smell of the old blood and smoke still hanging around and unable to smell anything through it. "I think you're right."  He agreed, picking up what he could and turning to follow Pel and the others back home.

"I dont think... we've ever... taken in this many... at once."  He told raven on the walk back, already out of breath. He really needed to run more. Maybe with a pack to make it more difficult. Really add the weight on. That would make it better.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 pm

Raven looked back at the other, trudging along beside him up the cliffside with a worried expression. "When I left, there were three times as many." He replied grimly. "Do you think there will be enough for everyone?"

When they caught up with Pel's group shortly - they moved far slower with the children and elders. "We warned them off. It's just the women and children." He assured her, taking her hand gently for a moment. She met his eyes, with the same bleak expression, and nodded quietly.

When they'd made it to the village with their dozen or so folks, Pel helped direct them to the central fire, looking up with a mournful expression to Worji and Sigmund as she approached. "These are the survivors. They won't cause trouble. Some are hurt. Raven and Sedri chased off the ones who would." She informed, her face unusually pale and voice exhausted. "What will happen to them?"

Raven stopped at the edge of the village and watched the tree line with a wary stare, unmoving for a long time.

Last edited by Deathcap on Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:10 am

Sedri frowned at the implications of ravens words. "We'll make dom might mean more hunting, even just in case." He answered confidently, appearing to actually try and think about it.

Sedri relaxed greatly once they were finally back on familiar and comfortable territory. He looked around, trying to figure out where he could be useful.  He reached to rest a hand on Ravens shoulder in an attempt to shake him from his thoughts. "Let's go start getting people settled, yeah?"

Worji stood by his father, looking over the people worriedly, especially Pel. He would have to check in on her later. For now a healer might better suit their situation.

Sigmund stood tall near the fire, trying to distinguish a rough number of how many survivors they were working with. This many new additions could get... complicated.

"Well. That would be up to them. We have food, shelter and healers. They are welcome to stay or move on as they please." He told her, regarding the girl with kind but worried eyes.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:11 pm

Raven jumped at the other's touch, turning as he stepped back, slowly remembering their current situation. He nodded. "Yes, sorry." He murmured, heading up into the village.
----------------------------
Pel nodded to Sigmund. "I will speak with them. Some can work, they can help, but I do not think they will survive alone.  Whatever was out there - it tore apart our - their walls. Two thirds of the clan were lost.' She told him with an uneven voice. "Large claw marks, the size of - of - nearly longer than me." she struggled to explain, before heading back to speak with the survivors. There was the old man Penka, Cornflower, Dalian, Unavyre, and little Rune, left of the men, then the old women Maple and Antha, the mother Creek and her young girls, Violet and Veira.

She spoke with them, before stopping alongside Unavyre, who seemed to be doing the most to care for the group. She felt a bitterness in her heart at the sight of the other, but pushed it down. Now wasn't the time for dwelling on the past.
"Unavyre. You can stay here. Sigmund and Mira will have you if you help out. But they have been kind to us. I won't tolerate any disrespect towards them. Make sure people understand."

Unavyre took in the other's word's quietly, wanting to retort indignantly - how could Pel speak so harshly about everyone? He hesitated, looking around the camp to avoid her eyes. "Sigmund and Mira? They are the chieftans? I... We're all grateful. I think people just need time, but I will tell them. Where... where are Yavri and Dorl?"

"Raven warned them off. This is a peaceful place."

Unavyre glanced at her, with a slow nod. "What of - of the bear? There's no walls, here."

"Unavyre, what happened?"

"A... a bear, three men tall, at least. We saw signs of it first, then it began to attack. It picked us off, ripped at our gates. Some of the men went out to try and hunt it. None of them came back. It already had spears, and arrows, stuck in it's hide, from other people, maybe. We tried to warn it off with fire - but when it came for us again, we shot lit arrows at it - it's fur caught on fire, but it didn't seem to care, it only- it only got angrier. It bashed down some of the walls - the fire got out of hand and spread to our homes. When it was over, there were so little left." He recounted blankly. "It was some demon, something sent by the gods. It wasn't like any animal I've ever seen."

Pel listened in horror, nodding. "Sigmund said that it will not attack here. But I will warn him. After helping get folks settled and resting around fires, or in buildings, She helped patch up who she could, Alongside Raven and Unavyre and the Redsnow's healer.

Cornflower and many of the others seemed quiet and miserable. She wanted to comfort them, but felt like there was some icy veil between them, and was confused why that hurt - she wasn't one of them anymore, she had never wanted to go back, but now she wasn't sure how to feel, or how they felt about her.
She went and found Worji once things were more settled, and stood beside him, a solemn look on her face.

And among the misery there was Dal, now bandaged and rested, a little more quiet, but stoic in the horror and tragedy that had befallen the group. Pel wondered yet again if there was anything beyond selfishness and lust in his shriveled heart as he walked over and sat down by the fire, before watching Sedri as he walked past. "I wanted to thank you, for helping our people down in the village. We were lucky to have someone so strong helping us. I'm only sad you couldn't have carried me up the mountain yourself - quite an adventure that was, walking all this way." He greeted the other cordially, while Pel watched him with disbelief besides Worji.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven headed to Mira later into the night, cradling the young boy in his arms, uncertain of what to do.
"Mira? I think I need your help."

Last edited by Deathcap on Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:17 pm

Sedri looked up curiously, looking Fal up and down. "I could have, had you asked. " he told the other, smirking slyly.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mira looked up at the sound of her name, looking at raven, surprised at the sight of the little one. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"she asked fretfully.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:39 pm

"Oh, I don't doubt it, with those arms of yours. Feel free to pick me up anytime-" Dalian cursed as Pel slung a light slap at the back of his head. "Hey! I'm injured!" He protested sorely, fixing his hair with a practiced motion and letting his hand linger where she'd smacked him.

"Your arm's injured, your head is just like that." She retorted. "You'll regret it Sedri, he's the worst." She warned unhappily, before taking a seat across from him.

-------------

"I'm fine, but this one... he, his mothers gone. He won't eat. I tried goats milk and mashed apple, but I don't know what to do." He pleaded nervously.

Last edited by Deathcap on Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:57 pm

Sedri jumped when Pel appeared, watchingnher with a startled expression. He looked between the two of them for a minute, trying to gauge if she was serious or not.

Worji followed behind Pel, sitting near her and fixing the new guy with a glare that said if he pulled anything, he would personally put him on the wrong side of the sod.

----------‐----------------------------------
Mira reached her arms out to take the little one from Raven, gently shooshing the poor fussy thing as she held him close and gave him a quick once over. "Ooh poor cub must be exhausted. Sweet thing just needs some rest. We havent had one this little in a while but I'm sure the crib is around somewhere still." She explained to raven, gently smoothing the babies hair down and swaying as she held him.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:21 pm

Dal raised his hands noncombatively, rubbing the back of his head. "I think that's an overstatement, the worst, really, Pel? I'm hurt. I thought you missed me."

Pel scoffed. "It is good to see your dumb face again. But have you looked around? There's a time and a place, Dalian." she grumbled.

Dal nodded, before glancing back to Sedri. "Later, then." He said, doing his best to ignore the other man who'd appeared, and Pel sighed.

"Whose this?"

"Worji? This is Worji. He's- He's my friend. Sedri's brother. Chieftains' son. Worji, this is Dalian, he's an old..."

"A friend."

"I wouldn't say that. He lived with us. He's fine. Just an idiot. " She assured, taking note of Worji's wariness of the man. "

Dal scoffed. "You're really doing wonders for my reputation, Pel."

"I've no need." She replied dryly. "These are good people Dal, I expect you to behave. And be careful, it won't be Raven you've got to deal now with if you upset folks. I think you'll like Sliet, though." She added smugly, looking for any sight of the other. "I should introduce you."

Dalian raised an eyebrow. "Sounds lovely. " He smiled. "She sounds beautiful."

Pel met Worji's eyes with an apologetic grimace.
------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Deathcap on Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:45 am

Sedri listened to the two, maintaining his awkward posture.
"Oh she is going to eat him alive" Worju mumbled to Pel somewhat concerned.

---------------------------------

Mira furrowed her brow at the boy, looking concerned. "Is that something you want from this?" She asked Raven. "You don't have to but if that is where your heart is set...." she offered the young one his choice. It takes a village after all.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:06 pm

Pel frowned. "Good, I should like to see it."

Dalian looked between the two, unconcerned. "I should thank you. We weren't sure if we'd live to another sunrise." He told them, more seriously. "I can't imagine how the other clans out there will deal with such a thing... Perhaps Clan Hagr will be of some mind to bring it down? But even them... I wonder if somebody should warn them?"

-----------------------------

Last edited by Deathcap on Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:46 pm

Sedri frowned at the two, looking confused. "Whats a Hagr?" He asked, wondering what could stand up to this creature.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:46 pm

"A rival clan, near our camp. We've warred with them before, but shared bread and battles, too." Pel explained. "I'm sure they've women and children, too. Most of the clans out there have people to care for. It... it feels wrong to leave them to die."

Dalian puffed. "I didn't say we had to warn them."

Raven appeared after a while, coming to sit at the fire quietly as he took in the conversation.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:31 am

Worji sat up almost affronted but mostly just more confused "why wouldn't we warn them?" He asked, frowning at Dalian.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:08 am

"Not everywhere is like here, Worji." Pel told him gently, touching his arm. "We could go, but we'd be just as likely killed, attacked or captured as helped or heeded to if we strayed onto another clan's land without protection. But not everywhere is like home, either." She replied to Dalian. "Think of how many would be killed if that bear continues on as it has."

Dalian frowned slightly, folding his arms. "And why does that concern us? He glanced to Worji. "Your mother said no bears attack here. If that's true, we're fine here. Leave the others to it. I don't know anyone from the other northern clans. No one good, anyway."

Raven kept quiet, wondering if they should run things past Mira and Sigmund, perhaps they would have some idea. They couldn't just leave the other clans to die, but the thought of leaving home, with Pel and Dal and the bears, with everything out there that could tear them apart felt like icy fear in his stomach.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:35 pm

Sedri stood up, feeling challenged, the shadows cast by the fire making him more intimidating than usual. "I'd like to see them try." He he rumbled confidently.

Worji leaned over towards Dal, ignoring his brother completely. "Mums right. Bears don't bother us." He assured, trying to make the newcomer feel safe despite his weirdness.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:58 pm

Dalian nodded to Worji. "See, someone is paying attention. I already know more than you do." He told Pel.

Pel glowered at the blond. "You don't know as much as you think. Worji... do you think we could talk to Sedri and Mira about this? Would they want to warn the other clans? If no one goes... I... well, someone has to."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:18 am

"I would think they would want to do somehing. Inaction doesnt seem like an option here. Best wait till morning though."  Worji assured.

Sedri deflated at being solidly ignored.  "Raveeen. You know I could do it right?" He whined.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:22 am

Pel nodded grimly. "In the morning, then." Taking a breath, she rested her head against Worji's arm and folded her arms in her lap, shutting her eyes and letting go of all the thoughts racing through her head. Tomorrow.

Dalian looked curiously between the two, then cast a glance over at Raven, perplexed.

Raven looked up at Sedri, thinking a moment before he replied. "I know any person would regret tangling with you, Sedri. But a fair fight isn't often what you'll get." He replied, running his thumb over the pommel of his blade.

"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next