Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire Au

2 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Vampire Au Empty Vampire Au

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:26 pm

Raven followed Som around the perimeter of the old, crumbling castle in the forest outside of town, marveling at the vine-covered walls and dark, stained stone, keeping his eye out for footprints, bones, any smell of decay or sign a vampire had been lurking nearby, but there was only birdsong and flourishing moss and the far-away murmer of the other apprentices. "You know what? I'm gonna say it. I think Old Woman Birdie made it up for her quilting club. That or she saw a drunkard, and Raul's going to jump and stake some poor guy." He voiced his worries as they made their way around the shaded, backside of the castle.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Vampire Au Empty Re: Vampire Au

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:17 pm

Som scrutinized the old building carefully. The girl took her responsibilities very seriously. She had to agree with her friend. Theres no way Tirza would have brought them all up here if she was too awfully worried about danger. "If that's the case, we had better find the guy before raul does." She answered with a sigh. She stopped short as they reached the rear of the building, eyeing a particularly thick curtain of vines and lichen that looked to be covering a small servants door; or what had been at some point. "That one doesnt look nailed down. Should we take a look inside?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:01 pm

Raven stepped up beside her to push past some of the vines and blinked. "Oh, good eye." He looked behind him briefly, but none of the others had strayed so far. "I suppose we should at least check it out?" As curious as he was, he was also a little less confident about exploring the rickety old building. Was it even safe anymore?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:04 pm

Som stepped back to get a better look at the structure as a whole. It seemed sturdy enough, this section anyway. It would be good to be thorough. "Maybe. Just really fast though okay?" She said, reaching for the latch. The door opened strangely quietly for something that looked so raggedy. The girl reached back and pulled a small lantern from her pack, working to light it so they could see whatever was in there. She held the lantern out as she pushed through the doorway. "Dont forget to stay close."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:59 pm

"If youre scared, we can stay outside." He offered at her concern as they stepped through the small door, glancing about in the darkness. Then the lanterns flame sprung to life, illuminating a long, scarlet carpet, and beautifully detailed Frescos along the walls, and all sorts of decor.
"Oh, its beautiful in here." He whispered.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Som scowled at the insinuation that she was afraid, even if it was true. She started along the wall, ogling the artwork. "Whoaa.... But isn't it meant to be. I dunno. Abandoned. Shouldn't there be dust? Maybe some spiders?" She asked, confused.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:02 pm

"I don't know... It looks abandoned on the outside..." He voiced in confusion, lighting and raising his own lantern to get a better look around. "Maybe it's just well sealed?" He questioned, avoiding acknowledging that maybe it wasn't abandoned. If there really had been a vampire here, they would have been driven out or slain.
"Maybe we could see if the front door is barred? If we could open it from here we could let the others in and get some better light?" He suggested, walking a little deeper into the castle.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 pm

Som shrugged, trying to settle her unease. "Maybe... The front should be this way right?" She asked, followingalomg the carpet.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:24 pm

Raven walked on with Somnia, searching for any main court or door, until he was certain theyd lost the exit altogether.

In the darkness, he fought to keep his breathing level and stay calm, sticking close to his friend. "I dont like this." He murmered. "We should have found an exit by n-" he broke off at the sound of something else with them in the dark, raising his lantern and looking about in worry, placing himself between it and Som.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:06 pm

Som spun around at the noise, nearly hitting raven in the process. "W-whose there." She stuttered, startled.

Sliet stepped into the lamplight, towering over the two. "I could ask you the same little ones. What brings you to my home?" She asked. Somewhat less irritated over having been woken up now that she knew the intruders were children.

melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Raven glanced up at the tall, dark-haired woman, stepping back and keeping in front of Somnia, his hand instinctively clutching the pommel of his short-sword.
Was this their vampire? She had made it to them without a light, and looking at her, she was so, so pale. He wondered how much of chance the two of them even stood.
Maybe they could get out of this without a fight?
"I'm sorry, we didn't know someone lived here. I'm Raven Hellicate," He stuttered, absently clutching the silky black shoulder-cloak that marked them as hunters from the chapel.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:18 pm

The corner of the womans mouth lifted in a small smile. So these were some of the hunter children. "Sliet Laerens" she answered with a bow. "How may I be of service to you?" She asked kindly, still unsure of why they were that to begin with. Had they been out exploring the area?

Som took a step back, startled by the strange woman. She drew her stake immediately. If this woman was a vampire, there was no way they could outrun her, but they could put up a fight.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 pm

Raven blinked at her charming demeanor. If she was their vampire, she didn't seem anything like the feral spawn they'd encountered outside of the village. He chose his next words carefully, unsure of the woman's intentions and frightened she might still attack or attempt to catch them off guard. "If you could show us the door, we could leave your home. I'm afraid we came in through a hidden door and got a bit lost. Um, if you don't mind." He added, nervously.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:23 pm

"Of course. I would be happy to oblige." She told him with a soft smile, brushing past the two to head back the way they came. "Tell me. What brings two young hunters such as yourselves this far out of town hmm?" She asked them nonchalantly, as though just trying to make conversation.

Som bristled as the woman passed by her. She didnt like this in the slightest. For all she knew this lady was leading them into a trap. Even if she was though could it be that much worse than being lost in this damn place until they died of hunger. Or maybe just until tirza came looking for them. Either way. She turned to give raven a look before following after the woman cautiously, stake still clutched tight.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Raven followed after her, meeting Som's eyes uncertainly and noticing the stake in her hand. He would fight if they had to, but he didn't like their odds - alone, in the dark, with stone walls between them and escape, with a vampire that seemed far from afraid of them.
At her question, he hesitated. If she knew, there was no point trying to hide it. "We were sent out to investigate a sighting near here. There've been vampire spawn attacking people on the roads more lately, outside of town. We were worried they were moving in closer, but we didn't expect to... to find someone actually here. Have you... been here long? In this castle? It's very beautifully kept." He tried. "Are all those books yours?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:03 pm

Sliet looked back at the boy at the mention of ferals, somewhat startled. "oh? I hadn't heard. I'm sure it will sort itself out." She assured though her teeth were on edge. "Oh yes. I've been here collecting them for quite some time. I guess I've acquired quite the collection." She answered with pride.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:43 pm

For a moment, he frowned. So she had been here for a while? How hadn't the other's known? If she was here, collecting books and living, then she was in the wrong area to be responsible for the spawn. He tried not to glance longingly at the old books. He'd only seen a small part of the castle, but he would bet that her collection was much larger than the abbey's.
"Are you going to let us leave?" He eventually asked, holding onto his hilt anxiously, unable to stand the uncertainty of where she was leading them. If they were going to have to try and kill each other, he'd rather sooner than later.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 pm

Sliet stopped suddenly at the question, turning to look at the boy with a raised eyebrow. "What? Of course. Why wouldn't I?" She asked confused. She eyed the two for a moment, lingering on their weapons. "You can put those away you know. " she added turning back and heading for the front door.

Somnia froze at her friends directness, clutching the stake close.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Raven hesitantly took his hand off the hilt of his sword.
"I'm sorry. You're the first we've met, at least, aside from the spawn. I didn't expect you to... be so understanding? Kind? I mean, we broke into your house, and... you know what we are, and... we know you're here now, and..." He stuttered nervously. "Why would you?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:09 pm

Sliet checked over her shoulder again. "I wouldn't go expecting it from any others." She said with a sigh. "Because i stay out of trouble out here so why would you tell on me, and I want to go back to sleep." She slowed down as they got to the door, reaching up to grab the beam barring it shut. She hefted it, setting it aside and grabbed the handle. "one last thing." she started turning towards the kids once more. "Where were these attacks exactly?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Raven nodded uncertainly, glancing at Somnia, not so sure she wouldn't speak up about Sliet, or if it was right or wrong not to. On the South road and leading up to there. We haven't found the source yet, but every few weeks someone gets attacked or killed." He explained as they made their way to the door. "Thank you, Sliet. It was nice to meet you." He tried, though his heart was still racing with fear.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:22 pm

The vampire nodded, thinking before opening the door, carefully avoiding the sunlight as it poured in.

Som watched the dour cautiously for a moment before running for it. She only slowed once she was well out on the grass in front of the castle.

Sliet watched her go, somewhat amused and turned back to raven, waiting.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:09 am

Raven dipped his head to the woman, mixed feelings swirling in his chest, before he hurried out the door to catch up with Somnia. He looked his friend over worriedly. "Are you okay?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:14 am

Som stood hunched over with her hands on her knees, trying to steady her nerves. "No. No I am not okay. That is not some spawn!" She napped. "We need to find Tirza."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 am

Raven reached to put his hand on her back to comfort her, but thought better of it. "Wait, If we tell Tirza they'll kill her." He protested. "Where she is she cant be responsible for the spawn... and shes not the one who... went after Mikel. And we only found her on chance, she doesnt seem like shes hurting anyone. She trusted us enough to let us go." He pleaded. "Maybe we should think before we send everyone to her door?" He fretted, unsure of himself.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum