Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viking Au V2

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Viking Au V2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Viking Au V2

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:02 pm

Pel listened in confusion, trying to process what he'd just said. "Your... your family do?" She asked in bewilderment. "Sliet and..."

Raven watched Sigmund's face for any hint he was joking. He'd been honest and forthright with them so far, but this had to be a jest, didn't it?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:08 pm

Sigmund nodded immediately, confirming what Pel had said. "Yes. Most of them. Some of the others from the village as well."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:42 pm

Pel blinked, looking aside quietly. "Do you bring us out here to keep us safe?" She asked after a moment of consideration.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:08 am

"Oh. no. no." He said quickly, holding his hands up. "Almost the opposite. Most don't stick around as long as you have. We don't like anyone not part of the clan knowing about these things. attracts attention." he explained briefly.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:14 am

Pel nodded, considering, feeling a pang in her chest. Sigmund considered them a part of the clan? "We won't tell a soul." She promised. "I give you my word."

The boy frowned a bit, nodding slowly, not entirely sure what to think or if he believed it. "All... alright." He said softly. "Is there... should we know anything else? How to... be safe? Before we go back? " He asked, bewildered. "Will they recognize us?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:07 am

"They should." He explained, nodding. "They're still themselves mostly. more so the older they are. Just.. Big. And furry. I would be careful of the brothers. Theyre very much themselves but bigger, stronger and not as..." he paused, considering how to word it. "Quick." he finished, tapping a finger on his temple.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:57 am

Pel nodded slightly. "I understand. " She told him seriously, wanting him to know she understood the trust he was putting in them. Raven nodded as well, feeling a bit confused and nervous, but trusting that Sigmund wouldn't lead them astray.

When they began making their way back up through the forest towards their home, Raven spoke up quietly besides Sigmund.
"Sigmund. Do you mean that... you gave us your trust. Do you mean that we are... we have a home here?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:03 am

Sigmund looked down at the boy, almost confused that he had to ask. "Yes. Of course."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:22 am

Raven met the towering man's eyes for a moment before glancing off into the trees. He had felt it - that they were welcome here, but to hear it gave him some comfort. He couldn't think of anywhere else better they could be - with food and safe haven and kind people. "This place reminds me of what I remember. The clothes and language and the food is different - but it feels... warm." He told the other

Pel strode on ahead, eager and apprehensive to see what exactly Sigmund meant by everyone turning into bears.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:40 pm

Sigmund looked around them at the chilly morning in confusion before turning back to Raven. "Are you feeling well?" He asked in concern. It was definitely not warm out.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:55 pm

Raven smiled at him uncertainly. "I meant - your family is very kind. Good to one another. It reminds me of the village I was born in." He clarified.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:01 pm

"Oh!" He exclaimed,  understanding. "Why thank you. He said, scratching his beard.

Sigmund kept us a good pace until they got closer to the village, slowing down a bit. He had faith in the two of them but was still nervous on how this would go at first.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:38 pm

Pel made her way back towards the village, slowing down a bit as Sigmund did to walk beside him, while Raven trailed after them a bit behind, anxiously keeping his eyes on the trail behind them.

When they arrived at the valley surrounding the village, Pel stopped short, wide eyed at the bears rolling around, and took a tentative step back. Raven followed after uncertainly. For the first time what Sigmund had said set in. There really were a lot of bears, intermingled with the other members of the clan who moved about as if nothing had changed. He looked to Sigmund before he made any move to head down to meet them.

As they made their way down to the village, Raven noticed a couple of bear cubs playing together, and looked back to Sigmund curiously. "Bedgi and Thekla?" He asked uncertainty.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:32 am

Sigmund smiled broadly under his thick facial hair as they approached the village, glad to be home. He nodded proudly to raven, reaching to scoop up one of the cubs and holding them out lovingly to raven. The cub for it's part dangling awkwardly in its surprise.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:44 am

Raven started in suprise aa Sigmund held them out, and reached to take the cub in his arms. He gathered him up against his chest, knowing when he saw his eyes it was little Thekla. "Hello." he murmered, wonderously. "Are you well?"

Last edited by Deathcap on Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:43 pm

Sigmund watched the two, absolutely giddy.

Thekla blinked up at raven, confused for a moment, then wriggled and cooed trying to find a more comfortable position. He sat a little more upright, sniffing curiously at the boys face.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Raven smiled back at the cub despite himself, and carefully lowered himself to sit in the grass, setting the other in his lap and looking to Behji with the same fondness.
He reached up to gently pat Thekla on the head as he sniffed at him.
The boy glanced back at Sigmund, then back to the cubs to make sure he was doing alright. As odd as it was, sitting with the two little ones, things didn't seem so different.

Pel cautiously walked about the edge of the village uncertainly, a little nervous, but the bears didn't seem bothered by her. It wasn't until she came across a pile of young bears wrestling and playing that she thought she recognized some of Sliets brothers. Maybe Sliet? "Hoy!" She greeted uncertainly, giving a wave.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:01 am

Thekla pressed his nose to ravens looking at him almost sleepily. Bedgi on the other hand was very awake. The second cub took a running jump at Ravens side, trying to push him over playfully.

The pile of bears stopped at the sound of Pel's voice, all of them looking over at her, Worji still with Sedri's ear in his mouth. Like that all was still for but a moment, until it was not.

The two younger bears immediately stood excitedly and ran towards Pel, more than pleased to see her. Sliet was a moment behind in an attempt to tackle her brothers, quickly realizing the possible consequences of them trying to play with their friend right now. They were much larger than they normally were and not known for being gentle.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:26 am

Raven met Theklas eyes and ruffled the side of his head. "Hello, Thekla, it's nice to see you too." He told the little bear, then quickly had to brace himself as Bedgi bowled into him. He wrapped his arm around the cub playfully and pushed him down and away. "Gods, and you too." He laughed.

Pel stood a bit alarmed for a moment as the lot ran towards her, but hardly hesitated before rushing into meet them, catching Worji with a playful headlock and scratching his head, not unlike their usual greetings, but let herself be tumbled among the bears, careful to keep from beneath them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:42 pm

Sliet watched Pel in surprise. She seemed to be handling them quite well. All the same she rushed in to tackle Sedri to the ground. She held him down, one paw holding his head on the ground while he grumbled quietly. She watched the other two carefully, making sure nobody got hurt.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:46 pm

Skip Back

Raven walked through the snow quietly near Sigmund, looking for any print of sign of animals. He felt a bit uncertain without Pel nearby - but tried to tell himself Sigmund hadn't given them any reason not to trust him.
He kept his wits about him, wanting to prove himself as more than just another mouth to feed, as much as he hated hunting, as much as he hated the memories of hunting trips with Agnar, or the smell of cleaning game.
He glanced back at Sigmund, reminding himself where he was and of the little mouths of feed back at the village, and tried to enjoy the smell of the pines as they trudged on.
When he caught sight of some wild field hens, he slowed and quietly drew his bow, knocking an arrow as he drew it up and aimed carefully.
As the arrow loosed, a sudden dread overtook him, and he flinched hard at the faint thump of the arrow hitting flesh before the bird toppled over dead.
Raven stood frozen, not breathing as he watched a red-speckled feather drift peacefully across the snow.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:00 pm

"Well done!" Sigmund congratulated the boy proudly, trudging out through the snow to collect the felled bird. He hefted the thing, turning back to Raven, his face quickly turning to concern. "Are you okay, Boy?" He asked, looking over Ravens stiff form.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:25 pm

Raven stood frozen for a moment, breath quickening as he remembered the blood on the snow, on his hands, on Agnars torn body. He could swear he heard the other gasping for air- or was it him?
He raised his hand to clutch the fabric at his chest as he felt unable to take a full breath. He finally looked from the bird to Sigmund, eyes fearful. "I-I..." he broke off, taking a step back. "I'm- I don't, Im sorry-"
Raven got out, voice breaking despite himself as tears sprung to his eyes. He wanted to run, but he felt almost too dizzy to stand.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:37 pm

Sigmund approached him cautiously,  kneeling a meter or so away. He furrowed his brow. Was it the bird? Most f his kids in this situation he would hold them while they figured things out but raven was different.  He couldn't do that here. "You're okay. I'm here. Dont forget to breathe." He told the boy quickly, slowing and exaggerating his own breathing to try and show an example.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:51 pm

Raven tried to breathe, meeting Sigmunds eyes for a second, for some reason, his kind words hurt so much more than scorn as he felt a flood of guilt and pain well up. He tried to speak, but gave up after his words came out as stifled sobs.
He tried to calm down, leaning back against a tree and slumping into a crouch as he got ahold of himself.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He mustered, ashamed.
"I... the last time I shot a bow, I... I was hunting, with Agnar. I shot him in the back." To say the actual words to name it filled him with dread.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next