Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viking Au V2

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Viking Au V2 Empty Viking Au V2

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:44 pm

CHARACTER LIST

Travelling Group
Raven /Rensu - young man seeking to deal with the demon bear alongside sliet and pel
Pel - young sen-ko sign-born woman
Dal - a half-taitian young man, once-captured son of a war lord, old friend of raven and pel
Unavyre - a burly warrior, old friend of raven and pel born into
Cornflower - a friend of the group, young nonbinary fellow.
Sliet - Heiress to the Redsnow clan
Iste - A noble woman of the Empire of Wen-to
Somnia - Iste's bodyguard, a young taitian woman trained as a snow-paw.
Wulfar (Vulfar) - A frail seer born under the sign of Aik-Toi
Kisa - A young shifter accompanying the group
Lyza - A rescued girl, adopted by the group
Istelle - Iste and Dalian's daughter
Oswald - The Heir to the clan of Hagr, captured by the group.
Reishi - Raven's mother, former slave taken from Lo-Tai

Redsnows
Sigmund - Chief of clan redsnow, father of sliet
Mira - Chief of clan redsnow, mother of sliet
Behji - child of clan redsnow
Thekla - child of clan redsnow

Puresnows
-Aegwulf IV- elderly leader of clan puresnow
-Aegwulf V/Egg - bastard child, grandson of Aegwulf IV

Ghosts/Dead
Aegwulf I - Rika and Aegwulf II's father, banished Rika - known for his uniting of the clans
Aegwulf II - Rika's brother, came to rule clan puresnow
Aegwulf III Son of Aegwulf II, father of Aegwulf IV
Ren the Kind - Mother of Rika, the first redsnow. Murdered by the Viras Hagr
Viras Hagr - Heir to the clan of Hagr, murdered by Rika Redsnow
Rika Redsnow - the first redsnow, sign born under Fen-Ro and a bear shifter, he betrayed his family and caused war to erupt a second time when he took vengeance for his mother's death. went north and founded the redsnow clan
Agnar - raven, pel, dalian, unavyre and cornflower's old chieftan, abusive and cruel warrior feared by the other clans, murdered by raven
Aila - Agnars wife.
Othic - Raven's father, Reishi's partner, slain by slavers.

--------------------

Pel carefully navigated their way the old pine forest at the edge of the Cloudmoore as they climbed further into the hills, numb hands tucked under her arms. She glanced up at the sky through the ancient boughs as the first few flakes of snow settled on her cheeks. She took a  deep, withering breath. Winter was early this year. Just her luck.
They'd decided that the shelter of the woodland would be their best bet for survival, but even then, she wasn't certain. Could they really make it on their own?
She glanced back at her friend as he followed after her, searching his worried face, but he didn't meet her eyes. At least they'd stand a better chance together than if he'd left alone. She couldn't have let him go on his own, not after what he'd done for her. He would have done the same. They'd make it somehow. They'd gotten this far.
She was broken out of her throughs at the sound of a snapping stick far head.

Raven walked along quietly, lost in his thoughts, he barely noticed the cold until he saw the snowflakes settling in Pel's red hair, felt himself shivering. It had been nearly two weeks since they'd left home, and they'd hardly eaten, let alone found a good place to shelter. He looked up at the other as she walked, feeling dread settle over him. She was going to die for him.
He'd tried to leave her there. Agnar was gone, she could have been safe there, he'd fought with her for the first week, trying to urge her to go home, but she'd been a steadfast idiot.
He kept an eye out for any sign of food or stream, knowing they'd have to settle soon, or they wouldn't make it through the night. He wasn't sure how much longer they could make it day by day.
The boy froze as Pel stopped in front of him at the sound. He scanned the trees anxiously, frightened to see a bear, or worse, a person. He slowly brought his bow down from over his shoulder, knocking an arrow with trembling hands.

Last edited by Deathcap on Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Viking Au V2 Empty Re: Viking Au V2

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:39 pm

Sigmund made his way through the trees looking for whoever Tyge was talking about. The boy had a habit of exaggerating, and given the current lack of anyone around he was beginning to think the boy had seen some strange sort of deer. That was until he heard someone else walking. He started in their direction,  stopping in surprise when he pushed aside a birch sapling to find the two children.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:49 pm

Pel whirled as the strange man stepped from the trees, and Raven quickly stepped to her side, eyes wide and bow drawn, pointed low. Pel stepped back, her shoulder nudging into Raven, tense and terrified as the snow fell slowly, peacefully around them.
"W-who- dont come any closer." Pel warned the towering man with a shiver.
"We don't want any trouble." Raven added, searching the others face. Was he a hunter? Some traveller? Or something worse? The boys eyes flicked past him to look for any others.

Last edited by Deathcap on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:58 pm

The man held his hands up, showing they were empty as he drew closer to the two. "I'm not looking for any either. Have I found it? " the man rumbled trying to be gentle with the little ones to deescalate the situation.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:12 pm

Raven hesitated, not sure if trusting this other would cost them their lives or freedom. Was it worth that risk? He took a couple tense breathes, watching the other uncertainly before he stepped back and lowered his bow. Pel moved behind him, not certain of this stranger.
"No, we're just trying to... to find shelter. We left our clan a moon ago." Raven explained. "I'm Raven, son of none."
"Pel." The girl added warily.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:24 pm

The man nodded contemplatively at the boys answer. "I am Sigmund Redsnow. Head of clan Redsnow." He introduced himself warmly. "What say you come with me and tell the whole story over some hot stew, hmm?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:39 pm

"I..." Raven hesitated at the chieftain's words, scared to take his eyes off the man. He didn't know of that house. He glanced back at Pel as he felt her grip his arm. She met his eyes with a wary look as the snow fell around them.
If they went, would it be worse than what they had come from? He'd rather freeze to death than walk back into the hands of another cruel stranger.

"Forgive me, but how do we know we can trust you? We've only just regained our freedom, we'd rather die than lose it again." Pel asked him with a level voice despite her shivering.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Sigmund was quiet for a moment, deep in thought. "You don't. " he admitted thoughtfully. "But you do have my word." He told them with a nod.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:07 pm

The two exchanged a glance, Raven looked at Pel in quiet asking, and she gave a nod, rubbing her hands together to try and regain some feeling.
"Hot stew would be very good." Raven spoke up softly, dipping his head, praying this man truely mesnt well.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:43 pm

He nodded to the two, appreciating the weight this decision held for the two. "Right then. This way." He instructed, turning back in the direction of the village.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:08 pm

Raven followed after the man through the snowy, quiet forest, tense and worried as they made their way. He stayed focused on the trees, on any sign of danger, his heart racing despite the snowy landscape. Pel slipped her hand in his, and he glanced at her, taking a shaking breath and clasping it for a moment as they walked.

Pel trod after them, the biting air making it hard to keep her wits about her now, as the day grew darker and colder. She kept close to Raven, but found her mind drifting off in hopes of warmth. Whatever this man intended, she'd rather her chances with other people than out in the wilderness. If they had to fight, they'd fight, and a man could be killed - they had no means to fight freezing nights to come. And if they had to fight, maybe this man would have something to take.
She felt hope stir in her chest as they crested the hill over the small, warm light of a little village. Maybe they would be okay?

The pair followed the man into the village, both looking about nervously as they reached the snow dusted houses.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:13 am

Sigmund strode into the village confidently. A handful of people going about their evening turned to watch them but none of them said anything. He pushed open the door of one of the larger buildings, opening it to a warm well lit room that was already somewhat crowded. There were two long tables running the length of the building. Leading to a space at the back that looked to be used for food preparation. He watched some small children chase eachother around, some pretending to growl and roar at eachother. Many sat along the tables in groups, eating, drinking and talking loudly.

He made his way to the back, finding a bowl for each of them and gesturing for the two of them to have a seat at an emptier corner of one of the tables.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:25 am

Raven looked about uncertainly as they entered the small village, but no one seemed threatening, not really. When they stepped through the door of the dining hall, Raven felt the warm air and smell of food welcome them, and breathed a sigh of relief.
He sat where directed, taking a seat and glancing around at the others in the hall, not sure how to feel about the amount of people around.

Pel sat beside him, but her worry had given way to exhaustion, and she leaned into her friend a bit, eyelids drooping despite herself. She hadnt realized how tired she was, but now she was sitting and more assured they were ssfe, she felt as all the strength had left her body.

Raven glanced at his friend in concern, shifting a bit closer to try and warm her up, feeling the sting of the warm air against his frozen face and rubbing his hands together as they waited for Sigmund.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:03 pm

Sigmund sat across the table from the two and poked at his stew with a spoon. "So what are two young ones like you doing out in the cold?" the man spoke, looking over them with thinly veiled concern.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:24 pm

Pel sat up a little as Sigmund sat down and passed them the bowls of stew. The girl carefully clasped the bowl and drew it to herself, warming her hands along the sides. "Thank you." She breathed, barely hesitating before digging in, some life returning to her posture.

"Thank you." Raven echoed. "It's been three days since we've had anything."
When the other spoke up, he hesitated. Such clan disputes weren't uncommon, and he knew for a fact this village had no allegiance with theirs, he wasn't even sure Agnar had known of them, but he still felt like something monstrous for what he'd done. He took a deep breath, holding the bowl in his hands, before he spoke up.
"I was outcast. Pel is innocent. She chose to come with me. We... We've always sort of been together." He added uncertainly, glancing at Pel and wondering if she knew how grateful he truly was.
"Earlier this year, I... I was my chieftan's sword hand. I killed him. I didn't have a choice." Raven admitted in a low voice, so only Sigmund heard, staring into the stew but not touching it. "Not really. I-" he hesitated, glancing at Pel and back at his hands, not sure of the words to explain.

Pel put her hand over Raven's wrist, meeting Sigmund's eyes. "We were taken from our families and sold into this clan. If we could go back to them, we would, but we were too young to remember now where we came from, if they're even still alive." She got out. "Our cheiftan sought to take me for another wife, he treated me worse than an animal, and Raven just the same when it suited him. That may be the way of things, but..." She broke off. "Raven was protecting us."

Raven swallowed, nodding in agreement with what Pel said. "I was his sword hand. He... he said he loved me and I... I betrayed him. I was... next in line, I could have fought for it, but it wasn't right either. It wasn't worth the fight, or his son's life. It was better to leave. When some of them turned on me, I didn't fight. Pel came with me." He explained. "We don't want any trouble. I understand if you want me to leave, but Pel didn't do anything. She's innocent." He added, refraining from eating until the other knew why they were here.

Last edited by Deathcap on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:31 am

Sigmund listened to the story stoically. If he had any doubts about what they were running from they were gone now. "You handled that all on your own?" He asked, clarifying. He would have had to have been at least clever about doing it. A fellow as small as him. It was impressive.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:44 am

Raven looked up as the other spoke, uncertain of his interest. "I... yes. I suppose. It was a blur." He got out, feeling sick to actually say it. There was no pride for him in what he'd done. "Another witnessed the end of it. I wouldnt hurt him. And things got worse from there. It's my own fault we're out here. I'm not sure where to go now." He added tiredly, just grateful for the momentary warmth.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:34 am

Sigmund sat back in his seat, looking over the two one more time. "well if you promise to behave yourselves I'm sure i can find a spot for you here, as long as you wanted to stay, if you care to earn your keep. Odd jobs and the like. " He explained, trying to make it sound like a better situation than where they were coming from, which he knew it had to be, but he wanted to be clear.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:45 am

The two glanced at each other at his words. "I... if youre really willing to let us into your home...we would work hard. That would be..." Raven stumbled over his words at the unexpected kindness. "That would mean a lot..."

Pel nodded, sure that this would be a better chance at survival. "Whatever you need us to do - even if its just for the winter. Are you sure?" She asked, just as wary and unbelieving of the others offer.

"Why help us?" Raven questioned softly. "Even after...what we told you?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:19 pm

"We can always use an extra hand around here." Sigmund explained with a shrug, starting into his own stew. "And from the sound of it you need one too."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:33 pm

Pel winced a little at the others comment, but nodded, knowing he was right. They were better off here than out in the wilderness, as much as she hated to admit it.
"We'll do whatever we can to help. Thank you. For letting us stay."
Raven nodded in agreement with his friend.

SKIP

Pel whimpered softly in the soft furs of the bed, turning and shifting anxiously and burying her face in her arm in her sleep. She white-knuckled the pelts and let out a choked wail before breaking into sleep-muffled sobs in the bed across from Sliet's.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Sliet rolled over in her bed, looking over at the girl sleepily. She blinked several times, trying to adjust to the light and what was going on before pushing herself to her feet, pulling some furs with her. She padded over to Pel's bed, pulling her furs up more tightly around the semi sleeping girl.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 pm

At the touch, Pel startled awake, looking up in bleary, confused terror at the other as tears streamed down her face. She half sat up, blinking at the other with a dazed expression as she slowly realized where and when she was. "Sliet? I'm sorry." she choked, still confused, glancing around and reaching up to wipe her eyes, humiliated. She liked the other, but worried after this Sliet's tolerance of them would be less.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:49 pm

"Shhhhh. S'fine." She slurred, patting the other on the shoulder. "Its okay. You're safe. Do you need water or anything?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:03 pm

Pel hesitated at the other's comfort, feeling a bit assured but uncertain. She drew her legs up to her chest, glancing at the older girl snd sniffing. "I... I'm okay." She lied, swallowing. She briefly wished Unavyre was there. She didn't think she could sleep anymore. She'd gotten so used to sleeping next to Raven on the road, but things were different here, and she had no one to lean into for comfort on nights like this. Raven had seemed to handle the independence well, but she felt like she was alone in a sea of people, as kind as they had been. "Maybe I... I should go for a walk." She offered, not wanting to keep the other up any longer.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next