Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vamp Au Side Plot

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vamp Au Side Plot - Page 3 Empty Re: Vamp Au Side Plot

Post by Deathcap Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:11 pm

"Yes. Staked and reduced to ash. He was less than one would expect. This one finished him off. That is how we met." He remarked, giving her hand another squeeze and drawing away, proud of his little fledgling's fire now that the danger seemed to be passing. He reached for Avadiel's belongings, reaching inside and retrieving the old Lord's Signet ring and passing it out to Sliet. "If you wish for proof." He offered.
"I would say his territory is open for the taking, if you discover the ashes before anyone else. We've no want of it. If you wish, claim his death as your doing. We want only to find somewhere quiet, away from others." He assured.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:46 pm

Sliet took the ring, holdingnit up to the moonlight to get a better look, smiling like shed just been given a treat. She passed the right back to him, anticipating the time in the near future where she would have one less neighbor to worry about. At least for a shot while.

"Consider this a pass for services rendered " she told him, standing back to allow them to pass. "And don't forget. Without incident. "
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm

Martin let out a held breath, doing his best to maintain his polite composure. "I wouldn't dream of it. You have my word." He promised, dipping his head in thanks, giving a last bow to excuse himself and leading Tirza away at a brisk pace.
When they had walked for a few minutes, away from the old one, he breathed a quiet breath, glancing back to meet Tirza's eyes with a look of relief and worry, checking if the girl was alright.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:33 am

Sliet watched them leave until they disappeared into the darkness. She turned to continue her walk for the night, quite pleased.

Tirza stayed close to Martin, looking at him a little confused when they slowed down. "She seemed... nice?" She said. There was no right. There was no argument. No threats made. It seemed Martin had scared her for nothing.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:21 pm

Martin walked alongside her, considering quietly.
"I was thinking the same... Perhaps the legends of her ferocity are... purposefully exaggerated." He conceded. "I did not expect her to be so gracious."

His uncertainty, however, was ended shortly as they strayed across the drying remains of what seemed to be a spawn or  fresh fledgling, driven brutally onto a jagged stake facing east, sharp teeth bared open, face wrinkled in a silent shriek. A clear warning.
"Or... perhaps not." He spoke up nonchalantly, looking over his shoulder.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:19 pm

Tirza shrunk in closer against Martin as they shuffled past the corpse. "why wasn't he dust?" She asked him, several minutes after it was long out of sight.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:20 am

Martin glanced at her.
"Few are so old to have only dust left in them." He explained. "And it appeared he was dead before she drove him onto the stake. The nature of death for us isn't quite the same." He considered, thinking how to explain. This one was so curious.
"Any are likely to burn to ash in the sun's light, but otherwise our immortality and what results after depends on our age. A young vampire needn't be staked - you are not... fully... how do I put this. You are still human in many ways. You are stronger than a mortal, but enough of you is still mortal for you to be killed by a fall onto rocks or a broken bone or a knife in your belly, and mortal enough to leave a corpse behind." Martin elaborated.
"An ancient vampire loses this mortality over time, and becomes increasingly more difficult to kill accept by a few precise means - a stake through the heart, or burned to ash - mind you those are quite effective ways to kill anyone. Regardless, by then there is little left of your mortal self to leave behind. An old vampire has become completely reliant on lifeblood and only needs this to stir their heart - the last mortal part of us. The rest of them is but ash given form. I think that is how it has been explained to me. There is likely more to it."

Martin carried on. "I apologize - I've a habit of long winded explanations to simple questions - though It seems to me as if you might prefer more thorough explanations, given your ignorance on the topics at hand?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:14 pm

"I do appreciate it. Thank you." She told him abashedly. "Thank you... for answering me. I just... " she paused to find her words, looking up at the stars as though to find them there. " I want to understand." She explained, still unsure that those were the correct ones.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:30 am

"Well, after being locked away for so long, I can imagine theres much to wonder about. Ask as you like, I like to hear my own voice." He told her, looking over at her with a slight, pointy grin. As they spoke, he noticed the first dazzling of lights of the town ahead. "Ah! Here we are. The town I spoke of. We can find a proper bed." He exclaimed with a sense of relief, but paused then. "Will you be alright in here, Tirza dear? You're not hungry are you?" He asked.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:37 pm

Tirza gave him a small smile, falling quiet as they went. She was startled at the realization of what he really meant by that. People could get hurt if she wasn't careful. "I-I think I'm okay? I haven't been... around many people since..." she trailed off, trying to see if there were any people visible from this distance. "I feel alright. And we have the vials."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:06 pm

"You would know if you were hungry. Don't worry then. Tell me if you are feeling unsure. About anything at all. But you likely have nothing to fret over. " He assured, and led the way into the town with a confidence about him - less folk questioned things that way. He was thankful to find the town still alight with activity - the night market in full swing as they passed by the colorful lights and chattering townsfolk. "Stay close with me, but these people won't hurt you. You may hold onto my arm if you wish." He offered gently.

"If we are to be separated for some reason, find me back here at the edge of town. If you cannot find me and need shelter, go to the inns and pay with Avadiel's coin. I don't think we shall be, but I tell you only so you aren't wandering lost." He told her, trying to offer comfort. "How are you feeling about this crowd?" He asked, raising his nose slightly to see how congested the area was.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:03 pm

Tirza nodded, staying close to the man. She reached up and grabbed his sleeve, using it as a lifeline as they approached the  village. "Nervous... I think." She told him, watching the people somewhat paranoid.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:38 pm

"I understand. Hmm. Have you had anything besides the vials you were given? To eat, I mean?" He asked her as they walked among the crowd. He walked along leisurely, but stopped at a few stalls, buying some wine and fresh bread, along with an assortment of fruits and some cheese, besides his usual supplies.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:22 pm

"Uhhh no. Not really. The kitchen wasn't exactly well stocked, as you would imagine." She told him, sounding disappointed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm

"A shame really. I still enjoy a good meal, even if its not much for being full. We've got all this time to live, why not make the best of it?" He mused, collecting his things and leading them towards an inn.

Once they had entered the small inn room with two soft looking beds, he settled in, passing her the room key and sitting, brushing himself of dust and pine and straightening his clothes. He set his lantern on the bed table, and laid out the food as best he could, pouring some wine and breaking the bread in half, placing his little knife next to the cheese. "I thought, maybe a nice meal to celebrate your freedom." He smiled at her, drawing up a cluster of rosy grapes, flopping back onto his bed, and lowering the grapes to bite off a few in a rather pompous manner. "And life. After that encounter. Things will be better now, I promise you."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri May 26, 2023 9:51 am

Tirza sat cross legged on the other bed, seeming excited for the future and for the cheese. She reached for the knife, carving off a piece to try. "May it only get better from here." She toasted with the slice of cheese and taking a bite.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat May 27, 2023 11:47 pm

Martin smiled at her, returning the toast with his grapes. Perhaps a travelling companion wouldnt be such a bad thing afterall. He uncorked and drank back some of the wine, before setting on the table to share and eating his half of the bread.
He pulled the curtains closed and curled up on his bed, settling in. "Snuff the lantern before you sleep, would you dear?" He asked with a yawn, laying his head on his arm as he grew drowsy.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue May 30, 2023 2:48 pm

Tirza nodded with a mouth full of cheese, finishing up her own food before doing as she was told and climbing under the rough blankets of the bed.

Nadia followed behind the creatures at a distance. She watched the curtains close on the man in the room, backing up to meet with Mikel. "how long until dawn do you think?" She asked him anxiously. They probably should try to quietly evacuate everyone they could from the building once the sun was up, then they could take care of the problem.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue May 30, 2023 7:12 pm

Mikel waited for her in the crowd, waiting quietly. When she returned, he glanced up at the stars quietly, considering. "I'd say five... We've some waiting to do. I'd say they already went hunting." He replied.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue May 30, 2023 8:10 pm

Nadia frowned at the implications that entailed. "They might still leave. We should keep an eye on the exits." She said, leaning into him. "Should we get something to eat while we wait?" She suggested, nodding back in the direction of some of the food stalls.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue May 30, 2023 8:55 pm

"I can stay here and keep an eye then. Why don't you pick us something out, I trust your taste." He told her gently, eyes flicking from the Inn to her.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue May 30, 2023 9:46 pm

Nadia gave him a peck on the cheek and disappeared into the crowd toward the stalls, returning shortly with a bag of fresh fruit and a couple of meat skewers. She quite enjoyed her assignments outside the abbey. Partially because she didn't have to cook.

She poked Mikel with the bag of fruit, settling back in next to where he had perched himself. "Any change?" she asked, holding up the skewers for him to have his choice.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue May 30, 2023 10:22 pm

"No. Nothing yet." Mikel said, taking the bag from her and setting it next to them. He reached out and took the skewer closest. "Thank you." He smiled at her, returning the kiss on the cheek. "I dont recognize them - and if they're traveling alone, I doubt they're old enough to be established..." He trailed off, finding it hard to pull his thoughts from the pair.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue May 30, 2023 11:14 pm

Nadia followed his gaze to the building, pulling a pear from the bag while she thought. "So two marks. Young enough to travel. Old enough to keep themselves together in a crowd." She said, taking a bite. "Shouldn't be a major challenge. Not for us." She told him proudly.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue May 30, 2023 11:27 pm

"I shouldn't think so." He replied, glancing at her with a hint of worry. "But we should be careful. I... " He trialed off, watching the Inn and taking a bite of the skewer. "I'm always ready for it to go wrong, still, I think." He admitted, leaning his shoulder into her as they waited.

------------------------

When the time came, and they were in the midst of clearing the Inn quietly, he caught Nadia's arm lightly at the sound of shuffling in the room, followed by the sliding of an opened window.
When they cautiously stepped into the room, Mikel tensed at the open window, barely hesitating before rushing down the stairs and into the street, catching the vanishing form of one of the two around a shadowed corner. "There!" he called back to Nadia, hurrying after them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next