Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SuperHero/Powered AU

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SuperHero/Powered AU - Page 2 Empty Re: SuperHero/Powered AU

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Harir nodded uncertainly, trying to smile back as she did, feeling a flutter of worry and something else before turning and walking the short distance back to the counter, continuing cleaning up for the night. They were pretty much closed, but he didn't want to chase the girl out, and at the same time, he dreaded making food if she chose something elaborate.

Kat headed back to the small cafe, arriving a few moments after close; having forgotten something in the backroom. The blond glanced surprised at the open sign and unlocked door; it wasn't normal for Harir to forget that kind of thing, he was normally pretty ready to clean up at head home, but maybe he was getting tired with exams going on. Did hairdressers have exams? She opened the chimed door, holding her puffy green coat close against the cold night air as she stepped in and rubbed her arms, quickly locking the door and flipping the sign over. "Harir, we're closed buddy, you can clean up and head home." She called, but felt a pang of embarrassment as she noticed the girl sitting near the window. "Oh, I'm sorry- We don't usually have anyone here this late." She smiled in a friendly manner, hoping the other wouldn't take it personally or get annoyed. She headed back to the kitchen quickly, finding her wallet and pocketing it.
"Sorry Kat, She came in a few moments ago." Harir greeted her, keeping his voice down.
"It's alright... uh, you take her order and make the food, I'll clean up."
Harir nodded gratefully and headed back out to the girl. "Are you ready to order?" He asked pleasantly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Sliet looked up bleary eyed when harir returned, trying to look as normal as possible. "Just a grilled cheese, please." She said kindly, trying for a smile.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Harir nodded with a smile and went back to Kat with the other, relieved it was nothing terrible. "Just a grill cheese." He told her quietly.

Kat gave a nod, mopping the back floor furiously to get it clean quickly as she hurried around, thinking.

"Thanks Kat," Harir added gratefully as the other cleaned up for him.

"Give her an extra sandwich and double the cheese; she looks like she's having a rough night." Kat replied, and he nodded quietly. It hadn't taken her long to notice the blood, the wounds. When the item was finished, Kat scooped up the plate and brought it to the girl in the lobby, smiling despite her tiredness. "Here you go. On the house tonight." She told her. "I don't want to be rude, but, do you mind some company?" She asked gently, then. She was both curious and concerned. The girl was hurt, but it wasn't the result of some abuse, she could tell by the way she held herself and acted. She had either won that fight, or had been in enough to brush it off despite her injuries. She was almost certain, but she would have to be careful either way.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 am

Sliet looked up at the woman in surprise as she set the sandwiches down. "Thanks. Yeah. sure." She said, taken aback by the offer and curious to see what the other had to say.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am

"Thank you." Kathrine replied with a nod before taking a seat, and glancing over her shoulder casually to make sure Harir was still in the kitchen. "I... Don't want to scare you, but have you heard of the gang activity around the city lately? Some real tough folks." She mentioned, glancing at the other casually. "You aren't worried being out alone at night?" She kept her voice only slightly concerned, wanting to gauge the other's reaction, and figure out who she was dealing with. She'd been on the wrong side of the law herself not so long ago, though, not in the gangs, but there hadn't been any word of a police chase, so it hadn't been cops who'd left those scuffs. Maybe she had run into a vigilante, or maybe she was one, but she was curious of who was running around on her territory getting into fights in the middle of the night.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Sliet took a bite of her sandwich, reveling in the taste of the cheese as the woman sat down. She choked on her sandwich when Kat mentioned the , putting the food down and looking up at the other more carefully this time. What was she getting at. She couldn't know anything could she? "I hadn't heard that,no." She said innocently enough. "I'll be extra careful on my way home tonight."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:29 pm

"Mmm." Kat hummed, resting her chin on her hand after the other choked. Not a gang member, then. Something else. "Listen. This is a safe place. You don't bring trouble here; then you're welcome here if you need safety. You get me?" She asked, keeping her tone light, but serious.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:44 pm

Sliet swallowed hard, sparing a glance back to where harir was cooking to make sure he was out of earshot. "Understood." She said uneasily, nodding.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Kat sat back and smiled at the other. "The outline of your mask is still on your face, love." She finally told her, passing her a napkin. "I'm a friend, don't worry." She added gently. "My name is Kat. And don't worry about Harir."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Sliets face went red at the revelation, taking the napkin and rubbing at her face vigorously. "Friend. Right." She said through the napkin, unconvinced.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Kat tried to smile at her, not wanting to stress her out, raising her hands a little. "I just wanted to make sure. I don't want any harm coming to the people around here. If that's a common goal I'll help in anyway I can, even if that's some free midnight grill cheeses." She told her honestly. "My wife Terra and I both run this shop, and we're friends of anyone helping keep this city safe." She assured, then yawned a little, bright green eyes glassy. "Just remember us if you need anything."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Sliet nodded, still looking the other over with unease. "will do." she answered curiously, starting to actually become interested in this place and the apparent owners.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Kat nodded a little, checking her watch and standing, going back to help Harir. When the girl had seen herself out, she let the boy leave and locked up, before turning to make the walk home herself.

Her apartment was only five minutes away, a tall building with old brickwork. She noticed Terra sitting on the front steps, drinking a cup of coffee, and raised her hand to wave a little, going to sit down beside the other. "Hey." Kat chirped.
"I was getting worried, everything okay?"
"Oh, yeah. We just had a late visitor."
Something about Kat's tone caught the other's attention and she raised an eyebrow.
"I think some vigilante, a younger woman. Not some thug, she seemed nice, I told her shes welcome as long as she doesn't hurt anyone." Kat replied, softer, but glancing around to make sure no one was eavesdropping.
"Kat, what if she's dangerous? How do you know she's a friend?"
"I told you, she seemed nice, and if she starts mugging people then we'll deal with her, but I don't think she's the type. Don't think she trusts me though. I might've been a little up front."
"No, you?"
Kat blew air out of her mouth dismissively.
"Is she powered?"
"I'm not sure, she looked like she'd just been in a pretty rough fight, but she lived, so, maybe?"
"We should warn her about the organization. If she causes a scene and draws them in she'll be in danger, along with us and every other powered person trying to lay low around here."
Kat felt an unpleasant tension fill her chest. "Yeah. hopefully she'll come back around."
"We dont need the attention of being a meet and greet set up for vigilantes." Terra warned, but Kat looked uncertain. "We could use the help. If there's people out there trying to do good we should help them, too."
"Oh, look at Ms outstanding citizen, that's a big change of heart from a few years ago. You're willing to ruin business for some do-gooders?"
Kat flushed, clearly annoyed. "Maybe this city needs some, there's a lot of gang activity, and if some powered is going to clean up the city better than our cops, then they deserve some grill cheeses and a safe place to stay, god dammit."
"And since when are you such a fan of heroes?" Terra inquired.
The blond shrugged, grinning suddenly "I dunno, I can think of one who's really sweet."
Terra leaned over to pull Kat closer and pressed a kiss to the side of her head. "As long as we're careful. But I want to know what we're dealing with before we blow our cover to someone. We really could use allies. I just want us to be safe."
Kat nodded in agreement. leaning into the other on the side of the steps, listening to the night for a while beside her friend. "Okay. I think she was curious, if I see her again, I'll ask if she'll talk to us somewhere."

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Raven sat half-curled on the step in the alley outside his home after his dad was done with him, crying hard for a few moments before he heard a window slam next door and flinched, trying to quiet down as he sniffled and rubbed his face.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Sliet was flying over the rooftops on her patrol when she heard the sniffling. She stopped, swooping down to land silently in the alley, stepping ahead to lean over the boy. "What happened to you now? " she asked wondering if the boy was lost or something.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 pm

Raven jumped when the girl appeared near him, not having seen her. He hesitated, biting his lip and trying to wipe the tears from his face in shame, before crossing his arms over his knees and resting his chin in the crook of his elbow, trying to hide his teary and probably bruised face a little. He was uncertain of the stranger, but too exhausted and scared to think straight. "My dad..." He trailed off, feeling pathetic at how his voice shook and cracked, trying to calm down.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Ace frowned at the boys answer, feeling bad for the poor kid and wanting to do something about the boys situation but not knowing how at the moment. maybe she could get more information out of the boy. "Want some ice cream?" she asked, crouching down to the kids level.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:53 pm

Raven watched her quietly, unsure. He was hungry, really hungry, but he felt sick, and the blood in his mouth wasn't helping. Something rung in his head about being wary of this strange person, but he just wanted to escape, and he was 8 now, he wasn't that little anymore, right? He used the back of one hand to wipe the tears from his eyes as he stood to follow her, a slight nod the only indication he'd heard her as he limped after her, keeping his right foot off the ground as much as he could.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Sliet held her hand out for the boy to take, concerned for his uneven gait. "Do you wanna walk or do you wanna fly?" she asked, concern in her voice.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Raven stopped unstably, arms wrapped around himself as he watched her, wide eyed. "Fly?" He whispered; that sounded really cool; like those super heroes on the cartoons at Pel's house, but how?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Sliet smiled down at the boy, her eyes crinkling under her mask. "It's kinda like jumping without falling right away. Here. I'll show you." She explained, leaning down to gently pick the boy up.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Raven winced a little, tensing hard as she put her hands on him; everywhere hurt, and he wasn't sure what was happening, but he relaxed slightly once he was in her arms, wrapping his small arms around her collar to hold on, unused to being picked up.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 pm

Ace held the boy gingerly, making certain that he was secure before jumping into the air. She flew slowly at first, getting up to her usual patrol speed, looking for any place that might sell ice cream at this time of night. "Would a slushie be alright?" She asked, deciding that might be a bit easier.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Raven clung to her as she jumped into the air, barely believing his eyes as they went up and into the air, forgetting his pain for the moment. His small body started to shake as he looked around wide eyed at the ground and up into the stars, his stomach flipping. "I like flying." He told her, excitement lighting up his eyes. As she asked about the slushie, he nodded quickly. This was quickly becoming the best night of his life.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Sliet smiled a bit at the boys delight. She spotted a corner store she was familiar with, setring them down in front of the doors far more gently than usual. she lead him inside, letting him pick a colour for himself, pouring a red one as well as grabbing some first aid supplies, setting everything on the counter and paying before leading the boy back out into the dark streets, slurping on her slushie.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum