Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

3 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 4 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:37 pm

Kail carefully placed a hand on his shoulder as the boy tried to sit up "Don't move so much..." he said softly, frowning as he watched him sit up finally. He shook his head "No... I'm fine.." He was still shaken up, and his head hurt, but that was nothing compared to what Raven had gone through. His eyes widened as he noticed Raven start to fall forward. Holding his arms out, he carefully wrapped his arms around him the boy, holding him close as he felt him grip onto his shirt "You should have stayed in bed...I.." he paused for a moment, looking down at the ground for a brief moment "I don't know what I'd do if I were to lose you..." he admitted quietly.
Not even bothering to look up at Zeta as he spoke to him, his worry only grew as he noticed the darker patches on Raven's clothes. He looked up at Zeta finally, nothing but fear in his eyes "Help him and I'll listen to you..." he said quietly, glancing back down at Raven. There was no way that he was going to even be able to focus with the other wounded like this.

Kayden nodded his head slightly "We weren't to sure if they would bother with us or not. But the kid was still injured from something that had happened trying to get the rest of the kids from the humans... He could barely get out of bed." Glancing down at Kail and Raven he frowned slightly and glanced over at Otto before down at the ground. He really wasn't to sure what to think now. He felt a bit bad for putting the two of them through this, especially now seeing that Raven had gotten hurt even more.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 4 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by Deathcap Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 am

Raven's eyes opened slightly in shock Kail embraced him, and loosened his grip, but still holding onto the other, half conscious as he listened.
He felt a pang of anguish as Kail words came out. He shut his eyes again, feeling guilty and heartbroken... why did he have to care about him so much?... He wanted to tell Kail that it wasn't worth it. The other shouldn't feel that way about someone like him, that he was only wasting his time on him and would be better off not worrying.
What made it worse was that he knew he felt the same about the brunet. He felt safe with Kail, he thought about the boy when they were apart, and it hurt to see the other upset like this.
He couldn't remember the last time someone besides Kail had touched him without the intention to hurt, or the last time he'd felt he had a friend or someone he could trust.
He held back the flood of emotions, silent in the warmth of Kail's arms.
As Zeta spoke and asked them to fallow, He tried to force himself up again but could hardly sit straight.

Zeta hesitated at Kail's request, taking a step forward to kneel on one knee next to the two, looking over the collapsed boy with little concern. "He's exhausted, not dying. I don't know what you want me to do, boy." He snapped, but softened a little at Kail's terrified look. "I can patch up what the dogs did- but he needs rest and water, not bandages. I would suggest Kayden take him back, but my dear friends will kill him if he shows up after all this. So he's going to have to do without..." He explained to Kail, standing back up. "Come with me, there's a place you can lay him down. All of you, now." He snapped, gesturing into the darkness. "I haven't got time for this." He grumbled, feeling a rotten anger surge through him again, but tried to repress it.

Otto hesitated to fallow, but going with Zeta was probably better than being left out here alone.
One of the hounds passed him and approached Kail, feeling the hum of his energy. Staring at the other, it's mouth still slick with blood as it contemplated why there were two of Zeta.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 am

Kail closed his eyes for a brief moment as he held Raven close to him. He knew that he was being foolish for many reasons. His last relationship obviously hadn't worked out and he had often told himself that he wouldn't bother getting involved with anyone else, which wasn't really working out so well. He just couldn't help it. No matter what he did, or tried to do, he couldn't help but care about Raven.
He also knew he was being foolish about the other's injuries. It was likely that he hadn't reopened any injuries from the tower, but it didn't stop him from worrying. Anything could happen, and that scared him more than anything. Though it seemed like no one was like the group of people back home, there were so many more things that could have happened to either of them. Hell, by the time any of this was over half of them could be dead, not that Kail really wanted to think about that.
Lifting his head as he heard Zeta walk closer, he tensed and tightened his grip slightly around Raven, afraid the man was coming over to hurt him instead of help him. Flinching as he was snapped at, he had been about to speak but stopped when Zeta did instead. He would have felt better if Raven had been taken back to the campus so Daer could look after him and so he could rest, but he figured that Zeta wasn't going to allow him to go back with him. Not until he was done talking to him anyway. "Your dogs could have killed him! It was bad enough he probably hurt old wounds coming here, but those things didn't help!" Watching as the man stood up, he frowned and reluctantly removed his arms from around Raven, standing carefully before he helped Raven up to his feet, making sure to keep a hold of him so he wouldn't fall "Can you walk, or do you want to be carried?" he asked softly, looking over at him.
Noticing that one of the hounds had made it's way over to him, he narrowed his eyes and shifted around a bit to come between the dog and Raven, shooting a small amount of energy towards it's feet to try and scare it off "Go away!"

Kayden nodded and watched as the dog moved towards Kail and Raven before he looked over at Otto "We'll just let them be when we get inside and keep out of Zeta's way.." he said quietly. "If you want to go back to campus, I can take you back tomorrow..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 am

Raven stood up with Kail's help, even more embarrassed for needing it. What had he been thinking? He wouldn't have been able to do anything to help Kail, and he couldn't now anyway. How had he expected to save the other when he needed Kail just to stand? He nodded, determined. "I can walk." He didn't bother trying to push Kail away, he wasn't stupid enough to think he could walk alone, as angry and helpless as he felt like this. As the dog came up to them and stared at Kail, he watched it with uncertainty, before the other drove it away. He felt a burst of electricity run through him from Kail as the other let lightning strike the floor, and blinked in sudden awareness as his heart raced, a few strands of his hair rising with the static, his fingertips tingling oddly. He made a mental note not to touch the other if he was messing with Electricity again.  He fallowed the other's down into the darkness beside Kail, feeling confused over Zeta's change demeanor.

The dog snarled at Kail's small attack, hoping back and slinking away as it watched the two with black eyes. Zeta glared at him. "Manners, boy, they're more intelligent than you think. That's the same one your friend murdered when you came here. It was getting it's payback. You're lucky it didn't tear his throat out." He warned, annoyed. "...Their bodies can die, but it'll just skip to a new one... it's soul is older than mine, so think about that the next time you lash out or call at it like a common stray." He added, informing the other as the dog crept around his feet and he stroked it's thick neck as it passed. He led them down into what might have once been a subway tunnel, and entered a wide room. It was lit dimly, and filled with papers and drawings scattered everywhere; on desks, shelves, the floors, the walls... Among the papers were scattered items and places to sit.  "Here." He gestured to a small sofa and then turned away to quickly attend to something else, reaching in cupboards.

Otto shook his head in alarm. "No!" He hesitated. "I mean- I want to stay with you and Calor." He corrected, feeling worried. "Yeah- I'll stay out of the way." He added, mumbling it a little in his embarrassment. "Do you think Zeta's going to hurt them?" He whispered, walking down after the rest of the group.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Kail nodded his head slightly as Raven told him that he could walk. He would have rather much not risked it, but he wasn't going to argue with the other. He was okay now and that's all that really mattered. After he had tried to scare the dog off, he glanced over at Raven only to see a bit of his hair standing up. Realizing that it probably hadn't been to smart of an idea to keep a hold of the other while trying to shock the dog, Kail had been about to take his arm from around the boy but stopped when he realized that Raven probably wasn't to stable on his feet. Hesitating for a moment, he lifted his free hand up to try and smooth down Raven's hair "Sorry about that...." he muttered.
Glancing towards Zeta as he spoke, he narrowed his eyes "We didn't know any better when we first got here, and it tried to kill him first!" He didn't care how old the hounds souls were, or the fact that they'd continue to come back. He wasn't going to just let it do as it pleased to try and get back at Raven. "It's the one that's lucky it didn't tear his throat out," he replied, glaring at the dog as he walked over to Zeta.
Helping Raven along as they followed behind Zeta, he refused to look over or back at Kayden and the other's. Had they just left him alone where he was, Raven wouldn't have been injured more than he already had been. Part of it was his own fault for even trusting them in the first place when they had come across them. Helping Raven over to the sofa, he looked over at Raven "Get some rest..."

Kayden frowned slightly as the other told him that he wanted to stick with Calor and himself. He would have felt a lot better if the other returned to the campus. "It's a lot safer for you back on the campus..." he said softly, tilting his head as he watched him. Walking down along side of him, he let out a sigh "I don't know... I don't think Kail would let him hurt Raven though... even if they were separated..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:42 pm

"T-thats ok- It felt weird." He admitted, recoiling a little and stumbling as the other tried to correct the static energy, touching his hair. "Ah- it's ok, really." He got out meekly, putting a hand up and squinting. He felt more alert, but more disoriented, as they walked. 
When Kail helped him onto the sofa, he sat down reluctantly, but had no intention of resting. "I'm alright." He assured the other, and stayed in place, sitting with his arms wrapped over his abdomen, leaning forward a little as he watched Zeta with distrust before the other came over a role of bandages and a bottle of alcohol for antiseptic. 
No way in hell was he doing that. "Don't touch me." He told the other quickly, his tone cold as he inched back a little.

Zeta ignored the others for a moment, finding some gauze and a bottle of whiskey. He walked over to the two, looking over the boy, from what he could tell there were bites on his ankle, wrists, back and arm. He walked over, barely listening to the other's protests. "I can't get anything done until your two stop whining, so shut up." He snapped at them in general, grabbing a hold of the other's wrist and forcing his sleeve up. Before he could do anything, Raven kicked him back and had burned the hand that Zeta had grabbed him with. The man got up and threw the items on the ground. "See, fine! do it yourself then." He snapped at the two and stood back, holding his hand and seething. "Time to talk, no more nonsense." He said decisively, fed up with this, although he hadn't done anything to make them anymore trusting of him.

Otto hesited. "Maybe, but they'd be angry, wouldn't they? " He replied, then spoke again after a long pause. "Do you want to go home?" He asked, looking at both of the boys a they stayed out of the way.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Kail quickly pulled his hand back as Raven recoiled from his touch but tried to keep him from tripping as he noticed the boy stumbling. Not exactly to sure what to say, he nodded and just stayed in silence. He knew that he needed to be more careful when it came to using his electricity around other's.
Not wanting to take up space that Raven could use to lay down and rest, Kail settled down on the floor next to the couch. Frowning as he looked up at him when the boy didn't lay down, he let out a small sigh "Raven you need to rest... Regardless of if you think you're alright or not..." he told the other softly before looking up at Zeta as he moved towards them. He tensed up and had been about to offer to take care of the other's injuries when Raven moved away from the demon, but didn't really get the chance as Zeta grabbed the boy's arm.
Instantly jumping up, he had been about to push his counterpart away from the boy but Raven had already beat him to it. Just in case Zeta decided to lash out at Raven, Kail moved to stand in front of him quickly, holding his hands up before the demon simply threw the items onto the ground. Keeping an eye on the demon as he carefully grabbed the items, the brunet then sat on the edge of the couch and turned to face Raven "They need to be cleaned and looked after..." he said softly, frowning. "We don't need them getting infected.."
Letting out a sigh as Zeta said something about it being time to talk, he glanced up at him "Talk away then." He couldn't exactly promise that he was going to be completely paying attention though.

Kayden shrugged "They probably would be. But I'm sure you could convince them that you had nothing to do with it. It wouldn't be to hard to do probably with how innocent you seem." Tilting his head to the side, he smiled faintly "I could honestly care less. Home is a lot like it is here, between people and creatures trying to kill you," he said as he sat off to the side to stay out of the way. "What about you?"

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Zeta put his hand to the bridge of his nose, as if warding off a headache. He was glad Nixon was absent, he didn't think he could deal with another brat. He turned to them, half sitting on the desk across from the two. "How much do you two know?" He asked, deciding to go off of that rather than plunging in where Kail might not understand.

Raven looked at Kail as the other continued trying to look after him. Half of him wanted to plead with the other to just leave it for now, until he could look after it himself. He didn't feel comfortable with all this touching, it bothered him much more than the actual pain of the wounds,  and he especially didn't feel good about letting his guard down around Zeta. He hesitated, but knew it would only make things worse if he tried to resist, so he complied as Zeta started trying to explain, trying to at least do it himself. He pulled his sleeve up from his damaged wrist, and  took the bottle and pressed it to a bunched ball of bandage to wet it before pressing the cloth to the wound with a barely audible hiss of discomfort. He continued until it was sterilized and wrapped the bandage around it, tearing it with his teeth and tying it. He continued on methodically, but found it increasingly difficult with his hands shaking the way they were. He did his best to remain silent, but ended up letting out a small yelp of pain when he pressed the  whisky soaked cloth into the gash along his lower back and side, clenching his fists. "Sorry-" He muttered under his breath, looking down and hesitation to try again. 

Otto hesitated. "No. I don't want to. There were only white walls there- no...." He struggled for the word. "There was no sky. Or maybe I was just inside all the time?" He said, a little confused about it all. This world seemed so huge and different than what he'd known before coming here. There were so many things he's never seen, even though he felt he recognized them from somewhere when he saw them; the sun and stars, clouds, dirt.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Kail watched Raven as he looked over at him, chewing on the inside of his cheek. He wasn't going to force the other to clean his wounds if he didn't want to, he knew that he really couldn't force the other to do anything. It would definitely give him a piece of mind. Taking the cap off of the alcohol for the boy, he held out the bandages and bottle for him to do it himself. Looking up at Zeta, he tried to keep his attention on his counterpart instead of the boy next to him.
"Probably only the basics..." he replied, pausing for a moment as he looked down. "You and the others have to pass on your abilities to the kids that are here, regardless of if we want to or not, and what that entails. Also that we're stuck here right now because of the humans across the river, and that all worlds depend on all of us..." he explained, trying to remember all of what they had been told the morning after they had woken up here. "It--" The brunet was cut off as he heard a yelp coming from Raven, looking over at him quickly before he apologized. Noticing how shaky the other's hands were becoming, he debated on offering to finish cleaning out the wounds for him, but kept his mouth shut. He shook his head and offered a faint smile "..There's no need to be sorry..." he tried to reassure him. "Stop if you have to..."
Chewing his lip, he hesitated before glancing back up at Zeta "It's been a while since it was explained to us... it was the day after we showed up... But that's what I remember, and I don't think anything else had been spoken about..."

Kayden tilted his head as he listened to Otto talk about his home. "It sounds like you were inside all of the time, if there were four white walls," he said, glancing over towards where the others were before back up at Otto. "After all this is over, when we can return home... where do you plan on going? If you don't want to go home that is..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Zeta listened as Kail broke off, waiting for the other to finish. "Yes... that's all correct. You will become immortal if you all manage to last until the Solstice. But they left some out. You see, my colleagues don't all understand this very well. You are not inheriting powers... you are hosting a parasitic thing.It has the power, not you. They skip from host to host, much like my dogs. But they are so old and dormant that you have complete control. Unlike the bodies my dogs possess. There is a god inside you, boy. And you have it's power." He explained, not really attempting to sugercoat it at all. "It will extend your life far beyond a normal human. But it will suck your soul dry." He hesitated. "Death for most is simply the separation of their soul from their body. The soul continues to exist... sometimes becoming a demon if it died with rage or anguish in it's heart, ascending or becoming an unconscious spirit if it feels fufilled, sometimes taking on a new life. Chances are that you have both lived and died before. Delta might even be able to tell you how. But the Revenents inside you will destroy your souls completely... that's how they survive, by feeding. So this immortality is not a gift." This fact was merely something he wanted to share, to explain and give some context to the argument he intended to make. " We are nothing but hosts for some larger plan." He added. “You see, there is evidence of our predecessors all throughout history; strange occurrences that couldn't be explained by any sort of science. The Roman and Greek “gods”, The Norse deities...Thousands all the same in different cultures. Those legends are the stories of the Revenents before they became separated from one another and those before us forgot they held gods inside them.” He lamented. “But there's more, more gods and legends to come. That's what happens when gods sleep and allow humans to play their roles. Do you understand the stories of Ragnarok? Armageddon? Of the end of the world and all the life in it? Foretold in so many stories through the prediction of gods or through the dream of a prophet. These aren't just things to come, they've already happened.” His face contorted in anger. “This reality and many others live on but for some that isn't the case. Entire worlds have ended because of our predecessors' powers and their human greed, and their legacy has lived on as something yet to come. And it is, it will come again. To new worlds, to new pockets of life, perhaps not by your hand or mine, but somewhere, at some future time, there will be some black-hearted human that will be the end of it all. Not just one world but reality itself." He hesitated to continue. "But I fear that day is coming. This is the first time all of the Revenents and their Hosts have been together in millenias. If the Revenents were to wake up, I have no idea what would happen. But this couldn't have happened by chance. How did the humans know of us? Know enough to collect us all here so easily? There is something larger going on. Someone knows far more than I and they are pulling the strings to get to some unknown goal. I may sound paraoid, but I do not trust my companions, or the humans here. Some are too greedy to see what sort of danger they are getting into." He stopped, intending to let Kail take it in before getting to what he wanted to say.

Raven said nothing as he continued, finally managing to dress the wound and pull his shirt back over before turning and quietly listening to Zeta, He fallowed along, but is was so make to take in and think about, so he said nothing, staying beside Kail on the sofa.

Otto shrugged. "I don't know. There's so much I don't understand." He scuffed his foot in the dirt hesitantly. looking up in embarrassment. "I was sort of hoping I could come with one you." He murmered hesitantly.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

Calor followed the other two uncertainly, rather uncomfortable with this entire situation. The people here fed him, amd were kind to him, and didn't hurt him like he was so used to. Li,e he expected Zeta to if they didn't bring Kail back. He stared at his feet, shifting back and forth aakwardly as the others spoke of home. He had been thinking anout actually going against his instincts and trying to talk to them over the last couple of days, though ne hadnt worked up the courage to do it yet. Everyone here seemed much kinder than the people he was used to, and Kayden and Otto seemed to treat him as their equal and they talked all the time... maybe it wouldnt be such a terrible thing...
He looked up at the backs of the other two, having been leaning on a wall behind thsm and off to the side, when Otto mentioned going with one of them. If he was going to do it, now was a good a time as any. "Dun have home" he butchered the words, his voice rather rough, almost squeaky from never using it. The anxiety of actually having done it made his hands shake, terrified of what their reaction would be. Ne wouldn't be surprised if they beat him, or at leastjust got really offended, even Otto who was always so skittish and gentle. He wouldn't completely blame them either. After all his time of being siwlent, hks voice sounded really wierd.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:24 am

Otto looked up as Calor spoke, suprised to hear the other speak; he had been so silent all this time. His ears pricked and he nearly smiled to hear the other, but the reaction died on his lips when the other seemed so sad and frightened. He faltered, confused to see the other upset. He wasn't exactly sure what a home was. Where they came from maybe? He turned to him, looking between Calor and Kayded, before hesitating. "Maybe we can all go somewhere together then, to a new place and that can be your home?" He suggested hopefully, looking at Calor with bright eyes. "We could make our own home. " He chirped, glancing at both of them to see if this was a reasonable statement, not really sure what he was saying, but he knew he wanted Calor to be happy, maybe if he had a 'home' he would feel better?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Glancing over at Raven out of the corner of his eyes to make sure that he was in fact still okay, Kail let out a sigh before he looked up at Zeta once more as he started to speak. Despite how hard he was trying to concentrate on the words the other was saying, he couldn't help but look over at Raven every few moments until he was sure the other was finished bandaging himself up. It was a more than a bit unsettling as the... thing inside of them was compared to some parasitic thing. He honestly hadn't even stopped to think about the fact that something could have been within in in order to give him these powers. The immorality part of it all really didn't seem all that appealing to begin with, but especially so after it was explained that the things within them would destroy their souls. Instantly thinking of Raven, his heart dropped as he looked over at the boy for a brief moment. Even if they did make it to the Solstice Zeta was talking about, and they lived a longer life, if their souls were destroyed, it meant that he would never see the other, or whatever other friends he made, again. Looking down at the ground, he nodded his head slowly as he continued to listen to him. “Unfortunately, sometimes humans without powers like to believe that they can play god.... regardless of how high in power they are in their society as well...” Shifting a little, he brought his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs, looking up at the demon as he continued to listen, nodding his head when he found it appropriate to do so. “Everyone has a right to sound paranoid from time to time. I haven't really spent to much time around your... companions, but they seem okay right now I guess...” Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he scrunched his shoulder's up slightly to bury his face into the fur around his neck. He was trying to wrap his mind around it the best he could, but even if he could, it was a lot to take in. Glancing down at his hands, his brow furrowed as he stared at them. It was hard to believe that any of this was happening, even if it had been two weeks since he had arrived here. But to have some sort of god living inside of him? To have the power to somehow destroy numerous worlds if he somehow messed up, or if any of the other's did. With a deep breath, he focused his attention back to Zeta “What does any of that have to do with you wanting me here? Or wanting to talk to me as you put it earlier...” he asked, sitting up a bit more. “I have a feeling it's not exactly to bond and you teach me how to use this... power or whatever it is..”

Kayden hadn't been expecting Calor to reply. He had been silent the whole time that they had been stuck together, and probably for a long period of time before they even had ended up here. So naturally when the other spoke up in broken English, Kayden was shocked. Reaching over to place a hand on the boy's shoulder, he offered a small smile to the boy “Don't be so afraid.Neither of us are going to be angry at you for not having a home. If you want to count a home as someplace you stay and feel safe, I didn't have one either. I was always on the move from place to place. The longest I think I've settled down in a place, which was an old run down barn of sorts, was a week.” Smiling at Otto's suggestion, he nodded his head in agreement “if we make it through this, I don't see why we couldn't find a home of our own for the three of us. What do you think Calor?” he asked, looking towards the other with a slightly larger smile.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:04 pm

He seemed to be taking it all surprisingly well. "No, I did not. " He admitted gravely. "Many of the others do not know this, and few understand the consequences of a death. The easiest solution it would seem, would to be for all of us to die, and end the cycle, but it is not that simple. If one of the Revenants cannot take a new host when the old one dies, it will die slowly. And as it dies, so will the part of reality it controlled." He Gestured to Kail. "If both of us were to die, and there was no suitable host left, electricity would cease to exist. If young Omega died, and Sliet was unable to find a replacement, the sun would slowly go out. So we are dealing with a very dangerous situation here."  He explained gravely. "I want to understand more, so that I can find a solution, and if one of my companions is truly attempting something, none of you will stand a chance, and we will not be there to aid you as anything but dying humans." He straightened up. "However, I may have a way to preserve myself long enough to change things, to find answers I have been searching for since my own counterpart found me. I but I need you to do it, as he needed me.  I do not wish to force you, or harm you, but I do not intend to let heaven and earth come to an end because of greed." He said firmly and quietly, hesitating, but it was best to be honest. "My predecessor attempted to continue on living by joining our souls, by any means possible. He had no idea what he was doing, and I killed him in the end for my suffering. But he took time off of my life. I am already far ahead of the others." He pulled his sleeve up to reveal barely healed burns and wounds, bloody and half covered by bandages; scars from the night they'd fought. 
"I am already loosing my power. I don't have long. But I don't intend to die yet. There is so much undone, and so much I need to fix." He swallowed. "If I could join us, it would give me that opportunity."

Raven stared at Zeta, his eyes widening in disbelief.  He wanted to join with Kail in a way that would ruin his soul even faster? He had his reasons, but they sounded selfish and short sighted. He went rigid, sitting up straight beside Kail. He seemed to be asking Kail for this rite, but it didn't sound like he was going to take no for an answer. He tried to look at it from another side, but he was still skeptical. "Can you not share your worries with another of your Companions and have them see to it that whatever you're scared of doesn't come to pass?" He realized how cold he sounded, but there must be some option besides putting Kail through... whatever Zeta intended. And if there wasn't, he was fully prepared to put an end to it if need be. He watched as Zeta bared his teeth. "It's not so simple. My intentions are to complex and sacrificing for most of those children to understand." The man looked back to Kail, Questioning.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Kail nodded, having figured that it hadn't been the cause for Zeta to get the others to kidnap him and bring him here. Zeta didn't exactly seem like the type of guy to try and spend time bonding with someone, regardless of who it was. "If the humans know about you guys... about us all in general, don't you think at least one of them would realize if they got rid of us, all of us, that things would cease to exist if the Revenants weren't able to find another host that was suitable?" No matter how confusing any of this got, as things had really been confusing since he first woke up in this strange, beaten up city, Kail tried to keep a level head. He wasn't going to sit here and argue and yell at his counterpart if the other was willing to talk civilly. But despite that, he was rather concerned at the thought of the man trying to join their souls together. Hell, he wouldn't have really said yes on a normal day, but nothing about this whole situation was even normal. "A..As much as the idea of you being around for as long as you possibly could to help me along or so you can find out what you need to sounds nice... I.. I can't accept.." he said quietly, leaning back further into the sofa, afraid that Zeta was going to strike out and attempt to hurt him. "I really don't want to take the risk... How do you know that something isn't going to go wrong and get us both killed?" he asked, chewing on his bottom lip. Looking over at Raven as he spoke, he nodded his head slightly, agreeing with him. He had been about to add his own part to what Raven had been talking about, but he stopped as he watched Zeta bare his teeth at his friend. Narrowing his eyes slightly, he shook his head "There's twenty three other's, and if one of them is up to something, and it's only the one, that's twenty two of them that could try to do something before it's to late, and up to twenty three again if you count yourself... Plus there's us and the other kids..." Letting out a sigh, he ran his fingers through his hair to push some out of his face "I just can't agree to the whole soul thing... I understand that things need to be done, or that you want to find things out, but I'm sure there's another way that you could do it..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Zeta stared at Kail with mixed feelings, pausing for a long time. "As I said... I do not wish to force you."  He added quietly, before turning and and putting things away. He could think clearly at the moment, but the voices inside were calling for blood, trying to use his anger and disappointment as a leverage to get control again, so he tried to deprive them as much as possible, but he didn't know how long it was going to last. "But I can't promise you won't be drowning in chaos when the time comes. If you won't help me, then I will do my best to  finish my plans on my own." He said, turned away from the two boys, hands clutching at some of his notes. He knew he had a chance of over powering them now, while he still had some strength left, and as much as it would make things easier. he tried to remember what he had wanted in the beginning. He would not become his own predecessor in the process of his goals. Not unless it was necessary. "All I can tell you is to beware of everyone. Some of my companions are childish, but they have had thousands of years to learn how to manipulate and lie, and many of them have found darker meanings to life. " He muttered.  "Leave in the morning." He suggested. "And tell Tirza that young beta is already lost. You must." He added, before turning to focus on other things.

Raven watched, confused by Zeta's lack of anger, especially compared to yesterday. He still didn't trust the other, not in the slightest, but he was definitely showing another side... As he mentioned Tirza, the boy froze. She was the author of the journal. The one who controlled time... then, one of the kids had already- Delores! He realized suddenly. That had been the child that Tirza had mentioned being unable to find... her own. The connection snapped into place and I couldn't believe he hadn't put it together already. "You. You killed her, didn't you, that girl with Somnia."
Zeta stopped. "Not I, no... Tirza will think of a way to solve it, provided you tell her."
Swallowing, Raven barely responded. Solve it how? The same way she had fixed things before? He tried to shut out the thought of what that would lead to. Now wasn't the time to worry about that.
 He felt conflicted about sleeping here. But heading back seemed a worse idea, he wasn't even sure he would be able to make it, but if Kail wanted to, he would try.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Kail chewed on his bottom lip uncertaintly as he watched the other turn away. Was he making a mistake by turning the other down like this? "Zeta..." Pausing for a moment as his brows knit together, he tilted his head "That is what you prefer to be called... Right?" Shaking his head, he ran his fingers through his hair once more before Raven spoke up. He instantly turned his attention to the male as Raven accused him of killing Delores. Watching him closely as he denied it, Kail glanced towards Raven "I think he means it... I don't think be was the one who actually killed her.." he said softly. Hesitantly standing from where he had sat down on the sofa, Kail took a cautious step forward. After the anger he had seen come from the male before him, the brunet was a bit afraid of getting closer to him. But it would surely be better to gain some sort of ground with the other, especially if trust was involved. "I'm sorry if I dissappointed you with not agreeing to go along with your whole soul merging plan. But... That doesn't mean I can't offer my help some other way if it's needed.." he offered lightly, taking another small step forward. "I dont want to see the world... All worlds somehow come to an end, and if I can stop it somehow... Or even help in some way... I will." Stopping for a moment as he looked towards his feet, he inhaled a deep breath "And... If you somehow come across a way to merge souls together with no complications... I may consider your offer again..." Playing with his sleeve nervously, he nodded slightly "We'll be sure to tell Tirza when we return home what happened... Though we may not leave directly first thing of that's okay with you... Raven's been through enough adventuring through the city today..." he said, glancing at the fake haired boy. Despite how worried he had been, and still was about Raven was, Kail was glad to know that the other cared about him enough to risk hurting himself more. Snapping out of his thoughts, he looked over at Raven "Thank you by the way... For coming after me..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:57 am

Zeta looked back at Kail as the other seemed to reconsider, not having expected it. He blinked at the other. "You are right to question things, though I appreciate the offer." He replied genuinely, as Kail asked about him being called zeta. He hesitated. "... Mikel. That was my name, if that's more appropriate... I am not in the same mind I used to be, and I may not always be able to speak with you like this. I can feel myself slipping." He added. "I'm not expecting you to do this out of kindness to me, I've done nothing to deserve that, and if something seems wrong in me, understand I might not be in complete control; the demons I've spent so much time studying have gotten into me. If you welcome them in too much, they start to effect you." He warned, stacking papers together as he rambled, but stopped and looked back again as Kail mentioned combining their souls. "I have ways to do it without causing any great harm, but your soul will be bearing the weight of both mine and the Revenant's full power. You would be extremely powerful faster than the others, but my conscious would be part of yours and yours mine. There would be no hiding things from each other, and I cannot promise it wouldn't feel overwhelming. It would not be pleasant.  And I would have the option of overtaking you completely, and while I would not- I am not going to hide anything from you." He explained, making sure Kail understood completely about the process. "Consider it for now, and I will work on other loose ends. You may stay here if you need to, but I don't want Alpha finding us here. I would be dead in a heartbeat." He muttered. There was no food other than a couple military rations in the closet, but he gathered a few blankets and dropped them on the edge of the sofa. "We can discuss things in the morning.'' He turned to look for Calor, Kayden and Rho, but they were off somewhere. "When you go, take those three with you. They hardly wanted a part in this." He added finally, before leaving into the next room and shutting the door. He collapsed onto the makeshift bed he had, seething at the pain in his back and arms as he contemplated things. He would not sleep well, but he was growing exhausted so easily now; it was better to lie down.

Raven watched in concern and Zeta paced and explained. perhaps the other was friendlier at the moment, but he couldn't help feeling unnerved by how Zeta explained merging souls with Kail. He glanced at his friend in worry, but said nothing. Would kail go through with it? It was really none of his business, he'd just tagged along, but he couldn't help feeling distrusting of the man. Merging souls didn't seem like a light subject.
 As Zeta left and Kail looked at him and thanked him, he shrugged sheepishly. "It- it's really no problem... I couldn't just let you get dragged off...I'm sorry I scared you. I just...  " He didn't know how to finish, staring at his hands in his lap. How could Kail say things like that so easily? About being afraid to loose someone or caring about someone? Whenever he tried to say how he felt it was just a jumble of nonsense. He felt like an idiot, especially when he wasn't even sure what he was trying to say. 
He hesitantly pulled his feet up underneath him, curling up on one end of the old sofa and leaving the other for Kail, stifling a yawn with one hand and blinking. He was so tired, to exhausted to care where he was. Maybe Kail would finally get some rest at least?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Noticing the hesitation as he asked about the other's name, Kail had been about to mention to the other that it really didn't matter, that he would continue to call him Zeta if it was preferred, and his name didn't even have to be shared if he didn't feel comfortable. Blinking as the man spoke, the brunet nodded "I was just wondering what you'd prefer to be called, that's all. If you prefer Zeta, that's what I'll call you. If you prefer Mikel, then I'll call you that." It didn't come as to much of as shock when Zeta spoke of the demons within him, and not able to keep control all of the time. It would explain the male's behavior during previous encounters, that was for sure. Nodding, he listened closely as Zeta explained a little more about the merging of their souls. It definitely sounded anything other than pleasant. "I'll be sure to think it over and get back to you when I have decided.." Of course he planned on waiting until he knew he could have some sort of rational conversation with his counterpart. There was no way that he was going to try and turn down the offer, if that's what he ended up choosing to do, when the demons, or whatever else it was that was inside of Zeta, had control of the man. "We won't stay to long, and we won't tell Alpha or any of the others where you are... I can't promise they won't come looking for you though.." Chewing his bottom lip for a moment, he nodded as he watched him look around for the other kids before he walked off.
With a sigh, Kail took the blankets that Zeta had dug out for them before passing a few of them to Raven, only keeping one for himself. Kail nodded his head slightly as he looked down "There's no need for you to be sorry... I was overreacting..." he said softly, wrapping the blanket around himself as he brought his legs up closer to his chest once more. "And I'm sorry that I yelled at you like I did..." he mumbled into the fur as he buried half of his face into it. Glancing over at the other, he leaned back a little "Get some rest and we'll head out as soon as you think you can make it."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Raven said nothing, just shook his head a little as Kail sat down and passed him a blanket. The other hadn't done anything wrong. He looked back as Kail sat back and told him to get some sleep, nodding and feeling a little bad. Kail could have gone back now if he hadn't tagged along. He pulled the blanket up and curled up tightly, his head resiting in the crook of his arm.  "Yeah... good night then." he murmured,  puffing out a quiet breath before closing his eyes.

A weak moan escaped Raven as he laid barely moving in the street, his vision blurred and focused as he blinked, watching the fire swell in scattered patches as it licked at the ruined buildings and scattered debris. The bombs had fallen so quickly, few had even had the chance to scream before they'd been torn apart
He tried to breathe but his mouth was full of blood. Coughing, he felt a sharp and brought his hand to it. His fingers grazed along his chest until they reached hot blood and torn flesh. He looked down at the wounds all over his body. Glancing at the deep rips in his torso and leg from where the artillery, -or had it been the dogs?- had torn him open, his dark insides were exposed and he couldn't feel or see his left leg. He shut his eyes, collapsing back again, horrified and disoriented as his breath quickened. He didn't try to move despite the panic, knowing he would only shorten whatever remained of his life. He couldn't feel or see the others. He was alone. Where was everyone? Where was Kail?
The other had barely left his side, especially not when he was injured...was he hurt? He was so afraid at the thought that he clutched his stomach and sat up unsteadily beneath the cloudy grey sky, but there was no one except for the hundreds of not-there soldiers swarming and vanishing around him, just out of reach. “Kail?” He asked quietly, his voice too weak and broken to make any audible noise over the deafening silence, but it didn't matter, the other was gone. Maybe he was dead, or hurt somewhere else, suffering alone. Or maybe had had just left, maybe he just didn't care anymore. He felt his heart shatter like glass in his chest, feeling tears well up in his eyes as he lay still.
He knew it was selfish to feel this way, to want Kail there with him. But he wanted to know he was okay, and he felt like there was an empty space beside him without the boy. Kail had been kind to him despite everything, the other made him feel like he wasn't alone, like he had been given a second chance to love someone. But he was still going to die alone, without the the one person that had seemed to care about him.
He wanted to tell Kail good bye, to tell the other he cared about him too, that he didn't want to die if he had the other, but he'd wasted too much time, too scared to let himself be weak, too afraid to make the other hate him. And now if was too late. Now the other was gone, maybe dead or dying and there was nothing he could do. There was never anything he could do, he was too worthless and weak to change anything or save anyone.
He shivered as his consciousness slipped away again into torturous half awareness. He awoke several more times before it was over, watching the flames die and his blood pool around him as he grew colder, struggling to hold on to life and waiting for someone who didn't come, his heart crushed into a million pieces by the time it stopped.

Raven started up from his seat with tears in his eyes, clutching his chest and unable to breathe. He looked at himself, blind in the darkness, and carefully patted his body, but he was fine aside from a few bandaged scrapes. The sense of anguish and panic from his nightmare faded away as he looked over at where Kail was, sleeping on the seat next to him. He couldn't see the other, but he could hear his quiet breathing and took in a shaky breath, wiping away the unwelcome tears. He slumped back down softly, staring into the dark with mixed emotions. It was just a nightmare. He's still there... he's ok. He's fine... god, what's wrong with me? Everything had felt so intense and awful in the dream and the emotions were still so strong that he didn't know if they were real... He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He was being ridiculous, he didn't really feel that way. Of course not. He'd barely known Kail for more than a week or two. Dying or being hurt didn't frighten him. It didn't. He was embarrassed just by the thought of feeling so strongly about someone, for being so weak and scared, but he found himself glancing into the darkness to where Kail slept, trying to make sure the other was there and unhurt, and hated himself for it. It was just a dream. Get a hold of yourself. Raven swallowed and tried to calm down and sleep again, but everytime he closed his eyes the images came back, and his heart was still racing. 
After a painful few moments, he gave up and reached out- ...just to- just to be safe.
His hand touched Kail's softly, and he felt the pent up worry wash away only to be overwhelmed with another sudden emotion. 
He quickly froze and drew back, curling up again and the blanket in shock, he felt like even the darkness couldn't hide his bright face as he covered it with his hands and the side cushion, letting out a near silent groan of frustration into the sofa pillow.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Calor flinched as Kayden placed the hand on his shoulder, expecting pain. He glanced up at the other two, wary at first as they spoke, but his expression almost immediately changed to surprise.  He stared at the others, wide-eyed for a long moment before his face contorted in thought, trying to find the right word. The fiery haired boy gave his first genuine smile in a very long time and gave his friends a thumbs up. "Good." He said a fair bit louder than before, the volume after such a long silence hurting his throat, but for the moment, he couldn't find it in him to care.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Kail nodded his head slightly as he leaned back into the corner of the couch. He had been going to get up off the couch and allow Raven to lay down, but the other seemed fine curling up in the opposite corner of the couch. He just didn't want to start fighting or arguing with him. “Goodnight...” he replied softly, closing his eyes as he wrapped the blanket tighter around himself.

Even though he was tireder than all hell, it took Kail quite a while to actually fall asleep. Though he had been talking civilly with Zeta and acting like he trusted him, he still wasn't ready to just fall asleep around him. Not when the demons could easily take over whatever will that Zeta had for the time being. He didn't really plan on sleeping at all until he knew that Raven was safe and they didn't have to worry about anything coming after them. Of course that wasn't going to be a chance for quite a while, not that he minded. As he sat there silently in the dark, Kail stared down to the floor, thinking over everything that he had been told that evening. What exactly did Zeta need to finish so badly that he had even brought up the idea of bringing up the merging of both of their souls? Trying to shake the thought off, Kail curled up more in the corner and closed his eyes. No matter how hard he tried to stay awake, to listen for any sort of trouble that could come and everything of the sort, Kail ended up falling asleep

Upon first waking up, Kail was confused as to where he was. The wooded area seemed familiar, but he knew that it wasn't anywhere near the city. As far as he remembered, there weren't any trees, and if there were any, they were mostly dead. The trees that surrounded him were full of life. Walking carefully through, his heart dropped as he realized where exactly he was, which of course caused him to stop dead in his tracks. Now that he realized why the place seemed familiar, he felt rather stupid. The same dream had plagued him since he had lost Yuki, especially close after the whole incident. And that's all this was, right? It was just a dream just like every other time... Soon enough he'd be able to hear the hollering of that goddamn group, and he'd carry on towards the river before the gunshot sounded and the one person who had actually put up with him and loved him would be washed away. But as he carried walking, no yelling could be heard. Had he somehow been able to leave the confines of the world that they had been stuck in for the past two weeks only to end up back here? Looking down towards the ground as he continued to walk, Kail sighed. Had they all been sent back to their respective times and homeplaces? Did that mean he wasn't going to be able to see Raven again? Looking up as he finally reached the river, he had started to expect that no one was going to be standing there as the forest had been quieter than it had been on that actual day. His eyes widened as he actually saw someone standing on the bridge. But instead of seeing Yuki like he had so many other times, it was the other dark haired boy he found himself getting feelings for. Blinking, he took a step forward before a shot could be heard.

Having felt something touch his hand just as the shot had rung through his mind, Kail sat up quickly, eyes wide as he tried to calm down. He had no idea what the hell had just happened, but he was scared. He was almost certain that it couldn't have been some sort of vision of the future as there was no way in hell he would have gone back there, let along go back there with Raven.
Feeling the sofa shift a bit, Kail blinked as he glanced over to where he assumed the boy still was. Had he been the one to touch his hand? Sitting in silence, the brunet debated on saying something, not necessarily to do with feeling something touch his hand.
Bringing his legs to his chest once more, having shifted around in his sleep, he bit his lip and glanced in the other's direction once more “Are you awake?” he asked quietly, just loud enough for the other to hear him if he was awake.

Kayden quickly withdrew his hand as he felt Calor flinch underneath of his touch. He hadn't meant to scare the boy, but he hadn't really known what had gone on the boy's life before they had all ended up here. Smiling at his two companions, he nodded his head “So it's settled then. Once all of this is over and we can get out of here, we'll find a place to call our own.”

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 am

Raven froze as Kail shot up, scared to move. Shit. He hadn't meant to wake the other up. He hesitated to answer, debating on pretending to be asleep in his embarrassment, but Kail sounded scared. Had he been dreaming as well? He glanced back at the other in the darkness. "Yeah, I'm up. I'm sorry, I woke up and I-I wasn't really sure where I was." He admitted truthfully. His voice a little more shaky than he intended, both from the the nightmare and his own emotions. He held his unsteady hand out a little and let a tiny flame hover above it. He was getting better at controlling it now, he found it easier when he was exhausted to produce something manageable. The small light illuminated the two of them dimly; creating just enough light to see, it was mild, the heat only just hurting his palm, but the damaged nerves in his skin barely felt it anymore, so he wasn't bothered. "Is everything okay? I didn't mean to scare you." He asked in worry, noting the other looked sort of disheveled. He found a candle on the table beside the sofa and transferred the flame to that, so that they could at least see a little. His black hair was messy and in his eyes as he glanced up at the other sheepishly.

Otto smiled happily at the two, excited by the prospect of staying with the other two rather than having to go off alone by himself. He'd been  a little close to others before, but never for more than a few days out of a month; he'd be moved around constantly in his old home and people left and arrived all of the time. But he felt more safe and happy with these odd kids, and they seemed happy too, and Calor was even smiling. Otto quivered a little with joy.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:49 am

Hearing no response at first, Kail had been about to just curl back up and pretend to sleep for the rest of the night. He was thankful though when he actually did receive a response from Raven. The brunet shook his head even if Raven wasn't able to see him at the time being "I..it's okay..." he replied quietly. His eyes widened slightly from the sudden light before he was able to see anything properly again. No matter how small the ball of flames was, it was good to see that Raven was a bit more comfortable with his powers. Turning his attention to Raven, he shook his head "You're fine... You didn't scare me..." he tried to reassure him. In a way,it had been part of the reason hd had woken up so suddenly. Playing with his sleeve, he looked down for a moment "It was just a bad dream,no biggie..." It was actually a lot bigger than he was letting out. Watching as the flame was transferred to the candle Raven had found, he chewed his bottom lip "I take it it was the same thing kind of?" he asked softly "But of course you dont have to tell me if you aren't comfortable doing so!" ((oh god shif post is shit))

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:18 am

(it's ok dude tablets are hard to write on haha)
Raven hesitated as Kail brought up the nightmare, feeling his stomach turn at the thought of it again. "Y-yeah. I guess so. Just a nightmare. something silly." He muttered quietly, his throat dry. "I barely remember what it was about now." He lied with an uncertain tone, the images vivid and echoing in his mind. He didn't want to talk about it... did Kail? "You're ok then?" He asked, pulling the blanket up a little, and as he did he saw the glint of eyes in the dark, and looked to watch the illuminated face of one of the hounds. It sat completely still, staring at them silently. The same one that had approached Kail earlier. Raven made bewildered eye contact with it, and it looked back for a moment before glancing at Kail and turning away, walking into the shadows without a sound.
Raven glanced at his friend. "It seems interested in you." He commented quietly. He wasn't scared of the dogs, if a bit wary: he liked animals, especially dogs, despite the strangeness of those two, but they were odd. He felt his eyes fluttering shut again, but didn't want to sleep in the presence of the dog, or to close his eyes only to fall back into the nightmares, and blinked a few times, feeling a little miserable with worry and restlessness. Then again, he was only keeping Kail up. "Sorry, I'll let you sleep." He commented.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum