Kedud RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancient Au

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ancient Au - Page 3 Empty Re: Ancient Au

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sat May 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Sliet watched him quietly. "I'm Sliet. That's Raven. Our resident dumbass is Dalian, and that's Unavyre." she said gesturing at the group.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 10, 2020 8:15 am

Wulfar glanced over curiously at the others as Unavyre raised his hand in greeting and the blond, Dalian, frowned.

Raven glanced off, smirking a little and taking a drink as Dalian fumed beside him.

"Dumbass? I'm the one who caught dinner, and the only way you lot are finding your way to the Puresnows and not into the hands of some bandits" He snapped back, but didn't get to his feet. "You're lucky I'm so worn out from carrying this party or you'd regret that." He warned, narrowing his eyes.

Pel didn't look up as she was left ignored, she didn't care at this point anyway.

Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 10, 2020 10:48 am

Skip

Following the two hunters as they were led up to the old white castle, Raven looked around in amazement as the expanse of the stone architecture, used only to the log and thatch halls and the wooden keep of his clan, and the faint memories of the rough terracotta of his old home. How long had it taken to build this place?
They were brought into the walls, and crossed yards bustling with people who turned to watch them, and he felt anxiety at their gazes, but plodded ahead across the grassy courtyard and into the castle. The hunter who'd found them left them as a great two oaken doors. "Wait here." He instructed, and headed away, leaving them to stand in the empty room. Eventually, he returned and pushed the doors open, gesturing for the others to make their way into the hall.

the main hall of the castle. Worn stone and fire pits stretched out and led up to a raised stone table at the front of the room.
At the table sat an elderly man, as grey and worn as the stone of the castle. At his right side were two women with grey-streaked black hair, one far more worn than the other and the second with a child in her lap, and to the right of them sat a man of the same age, and then two boys, one with the same blond as the man, and the other much frailer. Others had gathered near them, and around the edges of the hall, curious of the visitors.

The old man watched them with interest as they approached, leaning forward in his chair. "Greetings, wanderers, I am Aegwulf Puresnow III, son of Aegwulf the II and Grandson of Aegwulf Puresnow I, the Peace-Maker of the Cloudmoor. these are my grand-daughters; Ersi and Vel, and Ersi's Husband Melav Hagr. What has brought you to my hall? I hear you bring a warning?"

Raven dipped his head as he'd been taught, and tried to muster some confidence. "I am Raven, son of none and chief of Blackstone." He introduced himself, and looked to Sliet to do so.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Sliet looked around her in awe at the sheer size of this place and the number of people. She looked over the people at the table curiously. "I am Sliet Rhym Alibeth Fawn Redsnow Of Clan Redsnow. Slayer of Direhounds, next in line for chief of Clan Redsnow." she said said confidently. "We've come to warn of something that could threaten us all."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 10, 2020 12:59 pm

"Our peoples have been-" Raven started, ready to carry on, before a sudden chorus of angry voices and murmurs from around the room cut him off, and the younger man at the table stood up, leaning over the table. "Redsnow! How dare you show your face here, in this place of peace." He shouted.
The old man raised his hand. "Silence, Melav. Redsnow, are you aware of the pact against your family?" He questioned, his voice much less welcoming.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Sliet stepped back in surprised at the sudden uproar. "No?" she said confused, focusing on Aegwulf.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 10, 2020 2:55 pm

The old man leaned back and narrowed his eyes in disbelief. "Your family was exiled from this place, with the understanding that if you ever set foot on our land again it would be met with death. You are exempt from the treaty here. Apparently your founder didn't think it important to make that known. Leave here immediately, or Melav will take your head." He warned. At that, Melav stood and drew his sword, followed by several others around the room.

Raven looked from Aegwulf to Sliet, hand on his hilt, while Unavyre and Dalian began to draw their blades as well.
"No!" He snapped at the two, stepping forward to speak hurriedly to the old man. "Please, hear what we have to say - a great beast is wandering the Cloudmoor, it may come here. It looks like a bear, but it's more than two men tall at it's shoulder, it devastated both our clans and slaughtered many armed warriors, and we fear it-" His words died in his mouth as Melav began to laugh, and then continued to laugh.
Raven frowned, watching the other in frustration. "Many people have died, what are you..?"
"Clan Redsnow, being destroyed by a bear of all things, Hah! I say let them be eaten. The whole of you can't handle a bear? Why are you wasting our time?"
Melav shouted, why the old man listened quietly.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 10, 2020 3:20 pm

Sliet took another step back, reaching for her own blade and eyeing the strangers warily. "I'd like to see him try." she growled defensively before Raven stepped in. "This isn't just a bear!" she said indignantly, distressed at how badly this was going.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 10, 2020 3:38 pm

"It's some kind of monster," Raven insisted, trying to back Sliet up and growing angry with the arrogant man laughing at them. "Killing a bear wouldn't be an issue,  but this thing has fought and devoured over twenty people, many at once. I watched it crush an entire man's body in its jaw like nothing. If it comes here, you may be protected by walls, but what of everyone else?"

The blond hardly seemed to listen, but focused on Sliet, then. "If a bear comes here, I'll have no trouble killing and skinning it for a nice rug-" He began, but Aegwulf raised his hand again to silence the younger.

"I trust you would not have left your clans and come so far for nothing. I will hold a council of the major clan leaders in the area. However I cannot simply allow you to walk in these halls freely after what your founder - my uncle- did. If you wish to prove your intentions, you may fight Melav, since he is so eager-" He glanced at the man for confirmation, who grinned at the proposition. "To the pain for your right to return here for the duration of the council, or you may leave here and never return, and allow us to decide alone on the matter of your "beast." Aegwulf decided, voice still cold towards the young woman.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Sliet straightened her stance as the elder made his decision, regaining some of her proud and confident demeanor. "Gladly." she half growled with a nod.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Raven watched everything unfold with a look of concern. How could they make Sliet fight to be here when she'd never done anything to them? Didn't they care about a massive, man-eating bear? What was this insanity? Sliet seemed confident, though, and he'd seen her fight, she had to at least stand a chance.

The elder nodded. "The shedding of blood is forbidden in these halls, we will move to the stone circle outside, and there you may duel."

----------------------

As they made their way down to where the battle would take place, Raven watched the clans gather around uneasily, glancing to Sliet. "If this goes badly, we have your back, Redsnow." He assured, offering her his water skin. They'd come a long way, compared to the man who'd likely been resting, drinking, and eating for the past week. There was no way this was a fair fight.

Donning heavy steel and a short warhammer, Melav stepped into the edge of the circle- his blond locks and braids now pinned back into a bun. He was a large beast of a man, muscles padded with years of rich food and wine, and largely unscarred.
"I've always wanted to slay one of Rika's bastards. Are you ready to die, Redsnow?" He chuckled with a grin.

Aegwulf, supported by one of his daughters, spoke up dryly. "Sliet Redsnow of clan Redsnow stands here today to challenge Melav Hagr, son of Respir Hagr, to the pain - for her right to return to the great circle. May the Gods show us justice."

The second he stepped from the circle, Melav brandished his hammer, and charged the woman with a scream.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 10:49 am

Skip lol

Melav staggered back as Sliet continued to rush him, heart pounding. Every movement he made left his forearms and chest screaming with protest from where she'd cut him. When she came at him again, he blocked her desperately with his hammer, losing ground quickly as he was pushed towards the crowd. He did his best to throw her back, but when she lunged again he raised his weapon for protection. "I Yield! I Yield!" He swore hatefully, lowering his weapon to his side and gasping to regain his breath. "You really are a fucking monster, aren't you?" He hissed, before stepping back as Aegwulf spoke up wearily. "The gods have decided. Sliet Redsnow, you fought bravely. You may attend the council in our hall.We will meet this night."
Melav continued to gaze at her with hatred in his eyes, while others around them let out yells and groans of complaint.

Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 18, 2020 11:11 am

Sliet slumped her shoulders, dropping her weapon. She watched the man slink off with narrowed eyes. She had never thought of herself as a monster before and she wasn't sure what to make of the accusation now. She drug herself back to the group, he hand pressed tightly to her sore ribs.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 11:38 am

As the crowd dispersed, Raven hurried forward to meet Sliet and offered his arm to help support her. "Are you okay?" He questioned in a hushed voice, not wanting to pity her but very worried for how roughed up she looked - he'd seen clan-mates die in the night from less.

Unavyre was teary as Sliet approached them, feeling horrible for the other. "That wasn't right, or fair, or...or..."

Dalian gave the other a nod of respect as she approached but said nothing, quickly turning his attention back to the people around them and making sure no -one tried anything.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 18, 2020 12:14 pm

"I'll be fine" she grumbled, leaning heavily on Raven. "We should probably find a place to rest for a bit"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Raven nodded. "There's shelter over there-" He raised his head in the direction of a small stand of trees. He wasn't sure how safe or welcome they would be inside the walls for now.

Making it into the shade of the trees, Unavyre laid out one of the bedrolls, and Raven helped her over to sit down, kneeling beside the blankets.

"Where's that weird little man gone?" Dalian observed, looking around.

"Wulfar?" Unavyre asked. "I don't know, I hope he isn't causing any trouble."

As if summoned, the other appeared over the hill, hurrying up to them with fistfulls of flowers and bark. He cautiously made his way around the others, still not sure of them, and sat down near to Sliet. "I can help, if you'll let me." He offered meekly, though raven watched him with distrust.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Sliet carefully settled onto the bedroll, shifting uncomfortably both from her wounds and from being fretted over. She watched Wulfar scurry around, nodding slowly in agreement, very confused as to what he thought he could do.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Wulfar nodded back touched her arm gently, trying to get a sense for what was wrong. Pulling back with a look of relief, he turned and began rummaging through what he had left of his belongings from his satchel, retrieving a knife and cutting the outer bark from the strips he'd gathered and holding them out to her. "Chew on this, it will make the pain lessen." He instructed, glancing up at her "Don't worry, you're not going to die for a long time, back with your family when you're old." He told her confidently, now hurriedly grinding up some herbs with water in a wooden mortar.

Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Sliet furrowed her brow further in confusion but did as he asked. Where had that come from. She glanced between raven and the newcomer several times, looking for some sort of confirmation that this was weird.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 4:18 pm

Raven met Sliet's eyes and shrugged uncertainly. He didn't know anything about healing, but Wulfar definitely seemed a little odd. "Where did you learn to heal, Wulfar?" He asked cautiously.

"From the monks; I lived with them for most of my life, they taught me most things I know." The other explained, picking up on their bewilderment. "The bark is willow bark, chewing it relieves pain." He tried to explain. "And this is comfrey, it'll help your bones heal. It's the least I can do after you helped me." He added, glancing at the two.

"How does it feel, is it helping?" Raven questioned as Wulfar worked away at the poultice.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 18, 2020 4:29 pm

"Yes. Thank you. " she said both surprised and grateful. She relaxed a bit into the bed roll. Now that she wasn't in so much pain she could actually think about what had just transpired. "Do any of you know what that was all about?" she asked, frustrated and confused.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Once she was treated, Wulfar turned to cleaning up, seeming to close off from the others as he did so.

Raven shook his head and Unavyre shrugged. "I don't know. We our clan rarely traveled to meet here, and we were never chosen to come along."

Dalian leaned back, thinking. "Well... now that I think about it, there are a few clans banned from meeting here for different reasons, but I don't know which ones or why. There was a lot of war here about a hundred years ago, and these guys created a truce, and then there was another fight... something like that? They really seemed to hate you for not knowing you." The blond added uncertainly.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Skip

Raven struggled to fall asleep in the room they'd been left in, feeling anxious without the others nearby. Dalian and Unavyre had taken a space together, so he was with Sliet. When he finally slept, he grew fretful, turning and muttering anxiously to himself.

As silence settled over the castle, a faint set of footsteps made their way into the dark space, and a form blotted out the faint torchlight from the hall.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon May 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Sliet laid quiet under the covers, listening to ravens breathing and thinking over their goals. She stared into the darkness at the sounds of the steps, listening intently and narrowing her eyes at the form without moving from her place on the bed.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon May 18, 2020 7:16 pm

The torchlight in the halls snuffed out as Sliet moved, and the footsteps came closer. "Follow me, child." Uttered a faint woman's voice, and a hand brushed Sliet's shoulder before the steps moved into the hall.

The form of a young woman stood briefly in the hallway, waiting patiently.
Kazukedud
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum