Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliet Childhood Thing

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sliet Childhood Thing - Page 8 Empty Re: Sliet Childhood Thing

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Sliet nodded when he thanked her, going back to watching the landscape go by. "hmm? oh yeah. i'm fine now. Deer just tried to eat me." She assured. "I ate him." She added, staring off into space for a moment, not seeming to be all there. "What about you?" She asked him in a hushed tone, trying to make sure none of the settlers could hear her. "I didn't hit you too hard did I?"
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Dudly blinked at her mention of the deer, nodding awkwardly. When she asked him about his own state, he felt as if he was going to burst into tears, but held it down, trying not to feel so sorry for himself. He shook his head quietly. "Just a headache..." He replied, still avoiding her eyes. He wondered briefly why she cared, and why she'd spared him but not the others, and how someone of her size and stature had been so deadly. He remembered the soldier's assaulting the villagers the same night, maybe she hadn't seen him as guilty, since he'd kept to himself. "What's going to happen to us?" He asked finally, in reference to himself, to the villiagers, all of them. He assumed he was along for the ride as long as they kept him alive.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Sliet shrugged, feeling her uncertainty return. "I dunno." She replied quietly. She shook it off, trying to think of something else. "Do you want me to fix it?" She asked, pointing towards his head.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Dudly shook his head quickly, shrinking back a little. "No, it's fine." He told her quickly, not sure what she meant but not wanting the strange girl touching him.
He glanced up as the woman, Gorri, held out the container of soup to him. "Here kid, finish it off." She told him, her tone neutral, but not unkind. He took the food and thanked her, drinking it back cautiously. He was surprised by the strong taste, but felt his hunger come back in full swing with the taste and smell, and got it down quickly before setting the container aside. He started to feel warm and sleepy as they carried on, barely feeling the rocking of the road any longer as he started to doze off.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Sliet withdrew her hand and snuggled farther into the blanket, somewhat disappointed that she couldn't help. Deciding that with all the energy she'd lost in the last day, even with kats help, a bowl of soup wasn't going to give her nearly enough energy to go ahead, she allowed herself to doze off, unconsciously leaning into Dudley as she fell asleep.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Dudly jerked out of his sleepiness as the other leaned into him, feeling intense discomfort spread through his limbs. His immediate instinct was to force her off, anger and fear bubbling up, but he felt too scared to try. Gorri glanced up at him, and he quickly looked down in shame and discomfort at his reaction, not sure what to do. He leaned away from her as much as possible, but he was trapped against a box, and felt his discomfort ease into silent anxiety and distress. He tried to ignore it, but felt more upset the more he thought about it, and pressed against the box beside him, wrapping his arms around his torso and trying not to cry, thinking about how much  he just wanted that whole day to be over.
In the end his exhaustion won out, and he slipped into sleep, dreaming restlessly about travelling home towards the federation, trapped on a cart that was headed straight towards his uncle and cousin, boxed in by blue uniforms and distainful stares. 
He woke up to darkness, and blinked in confusion for a few moments before realizing it was dusk. His mouth was dry and his head ached worse than before, and both his legs had fallen asleep. Miserably, he shifted and tried to wake up, glancing over at Sliet to see if she was up yet. They seemed to be just stopping, besides a river clotted with loose ice and metal debris, and a few on the first cart had gotten off to begin a small fire near the bank.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue May 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Sliet woke slowly, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. She was feeling a lot better, but was still tired. She got up sleepily, looking around for Gorri, wondering how she could help.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat May 27, 2017 12:45 am

Gorri, unhooking the horses from the carts, glanced back at the two as they started to wake up. "Boy, why don't you help her over to the fire so she can rest, we're fine here." She instructed, focused on the job at hand as she quickly turned back to her task with Jackson's help.

Dudly nodded nervously, getting to his feet a little unsteadily before jumping down from the cart, shivering at the cold air as it seeped back into his clothing. He turned to help Sliet, cautiously holding his hand out to help guide her down from the cart, glancing at her with sheepish brown eyes.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Sliet frowned a bit at the woman but got up without complaint, taking the blanket with her. She could still do things. The girl reached for Dudleys hand, allowing him to help her to the ground.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm

Dudley did his best to support the other as she climbed down, but didn't so much hold her as provide a krutch for her as they walked over to where the fire was being set up beside the cover of a ruined wall. He settled down on the remains of some concrete foundation near the fire, moving for her to sit beside him. Many of the other Settlers had also stopped to rest, while a few gathered items, food and fed the horses. At the same time, Maple and a few other elders were chatting nearby, just out of hearing range.

Dudly blinked at the fire, still nervous around the settlers and the girl. Some were giving him looks, but others seemed to have forgotten he even existed. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked in a whisper, not wanting to draw anymore attention to himself by speaking, but the girl had looked pretty bad before. He hoped she wasn't in pain.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Sliet sat near the fire with a yawn, settling in to watch the settlers move about around her. "I'm fine. Just tired. How's your head?" she asked, sounding slightly less concerned than earlier.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Dudly didn't look up from the fire as he replied. "Really bad. I can't think." He admitted, but immediately felt like a wimp for whining about his pain. The soldiers usually told him to suck it up when he complained, and he knew they were right, but he felt miserable. He swallowed then, remembering they were all dead, and he was complaining about a headache. He felt tears spring to the corners of his eyes, not out of pain or self pity, but the thought of the others. The soldiers hadn't been good people, and they kind of scared him, but they had looked out for him and shown him how to do things, and sometimes the older lieutenant had reminded him of his dad in the way he looked after him.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Sliet looked at the others face in alarm. was he crying from the headache? "I'm sorry. does it really hurt that bad? I can help.'
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:00 am

Dudly hesitated but shook his head, wiping away his tears and looking at her hesitantly with glassy eyes. "N-No... I dunno... How can you help?" He asked in confusion. He didn't know what to say or if he should even tell her why he was crying, but he didn't want her to think he was tearing up from the pain either, he felt like such a pitiful baby when he cried. At the same time, for everything the girl had done, he didn't feel anger towards her, only sadness that his friends were dead, even if they had deserved what had come around for them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:09 pm

"I..." Sliet started, biting back her words, suddenly uncertain about what she was going to say. Should she tell him the truth? Would he let her heal him either way? "I can heal it." she whispered to the boy, leaning in a bit to be sure he could hear her.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Dudly blinked at her, shrinking back a little as if Sliet was suddenly dangerous. "My mom used to say I shouldn't accept medicine from people I don't know. She was a doctor." He told her in concern, then looked down and shuffled his foot in the soil a bit. "My head hurts pretty bad though... is it safe?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm

"Safer than any medicine." she told him with a touch of wounded pride in her voice.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:28 pm

"O-okay the, if you don't mind." He agreed sheepishly, uncertain of what the girl planned to do, but sitting patiently for her.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Sliet nodded, reaching to touch either side of his head gently. Using the energy she had regained from her earlier nap on the wagon, she numbed the boy and went about healing him. She sat back and let out a heavy breath, her energy spent once more, content to just take another nap.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Dudly grew uncomfortable when she touched him but did his best to hold still, not really understanding what she was doing as the pain faded, but it felt better, in a weird tingly way. When she sat back, he touched his head in confusion, blinking and looking a little dazed, swaying a little and nearly falling sideways before catching himself, his eyes suddenly unable to focus. He squinted and blinked, feeling dizzy and confused for a moment as things started to feel normal, but painless, again. He looked at her with wonderment in his dark eyes. "Are you some kind of physician too?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:04 pm

An awkward, uncomfortable expression came over Sliets face for a moment, before she replaced it with an amused smirk. "Kind of. I'm magic." she told him, wiggling her fingers in the air.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Dudly frowned at her, but shrugged. "You don't have to tell me your secrets. I'm not smart enough to do that stuff anyway, I probably wouldn't understand." He admitted honestly, rubbing his head a bit. "Thank you for that, it feels a lot better." He added quietly, curling his legs underneath him and feeling much more at ease.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm

"You're welcome." she told the boy, eyeing him oddly after not getting the response she was expecting. "You're weird." Sliet stated with a yawn, looking back to the fire.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:37 pm

Dudly shrugged again at this, looking down. Was he weird? He was too tired to care, relaxing and starting to feel sleepy again, despite his nervousness, and stared up at the sky quietly.

In the days it took them to reach Greenhill, the group became restless, and Maple struggled to keep the others calm and collected, but managed to hold it together, despite growing bedraggled and tired looking herself. When the settlement leader finally spoke to her, she felt her heart drop.
"What do you mean we can't stay? We have our own supplies, there must be work here for us somewhere?"
"We don't have enough supplies to go around, and the captain is suspicious of your group already. You should go back while you can."
"There's children with us, we need somewhere to catch our breath and settle down, we can share what we have."
"We can't, I'm sorry Maple, you should head to the federation, maybe they there's work for you in the factories there."
"I told you, we cant, we need to get away from the soldiers, this is the only settlement big enough for us to disappear into. And my people will not settle into factories where our bodies will rot from the dead air and brutal work. We're hunters, not cowardly city people, we couldn't survive there."
"Well there's no place for you here, if you're so proud then find somewhere away from here. We can't afford to be proud or harbor traitors to the federation."
"Is that was this is about? The feds walk all over you and you just kneel for them? They'll keep taking more. They killed my friends, and they'll do the same to yours if you don't put your foot down."
"No, no. Your attitude is exactly what got your people into this mess, you should leave, now, I won't let you drag me or my settlement into this. You'll have better luck Outside."
Maple felt a snarl growing on her lips. "You'll regret letting them abuse you, and when you realize what they're doing, it'll be too late." She snapped, whirling to walk off.
"Good luck, Maple."

"What do you mean we can't stay?" Gormon bellowed at the smaller woman.
"They're scared of the federation and they dont have the resources, it's not safe anyway, the army is suspicious."
"Where do we go, then?" Gorri asked. She had grown more nervous since the night before, her bolder nature giving way to moments of anxiety or worry.
Maple took a deep breath. "The soldiers will be after us soon, we can't stay here."
"Near Greenhill?"
"In the federation. Willard may have been right, we might have to leave."
"O-Outside the border?" Gorri asked, her voice suddenly weak.
"You're insane, you want to get eaten by cannibals, or torn apart by some war drone?" Gormon shouted, pointing out into the white nothingness of the flurries that had blown in.
"We can handle it. We're survivors. We'll find a safe place, do you really believe the Federation is the only safe place?"
"Maple, we came from the outside years ago, you don't remember that?" Gormon snapped. "I cant count the times we nearly died."
"Of course I do, but who knew how to survive back then?" Maple growled at the other. "We'll make it. It's go or stay here and be gunned down by the federation, would you rather die or take our chances?"
"We can stay and maybe you or I die, and they'll spare the rest, you know they will, they need workers."
Maple's face reddened at this suggestion, and Gorri broke into tears at the thought of loosing her grand-parents, but tried to maintain her emotions. None of this was fair. She felt Jackson tense and silent beside her, but it was little comfort.
"I wont be their dog to be beaten, we're stronger than that." Maple insisted. "We're going, now, every moment we stand around talking is a moment we get hungrier and the federation gets closer. Pack up the carts and move!"
She yelled, her rough, old voice nearly breaking from the strain as she hurried off to help load crates and luggage to heavy for her old frame, trying to burn off her anger.

Josey helped load the carts again, looking upset and fearful while tied the horse at the front.

Dudly, feeling more unwelcome than ever, attempted to help Jackson load their cart, but was driven away by the increasingly angry other, which sparked a fight between he and Gorri.

Gormon stood uselessly off to the side, staring out into the falling snow, while the rest of the settlers packed up and tended the animals.

Ricard looked after the three hunting horses, brushing and feeding them, saddling one up, without Gorri's help for once.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Sliet stood there in silence anxiously for a moment, slowly shuffling over to the horses and ricard, gently patting its nose. It felt like someone had just pulled a carpet out from under her. Things were supposed to be alright once they got here, but now it looked like she had just fucked things up too bad this time.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next