Training (Someone wants to push kids off of a building)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Training (Someone wants to push kids off of a building)

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Raven glanced up and then looked away, flustered and alarmed at the way she mentioned Kail. Damnit, why had he said that? Did she know? He wasn't sure how she was going to react to that- he knew it was irresponsible to be feeling that way about someone right now; he'd already put his life in danger for the other. And then there was the fact that they were both boys; while that hadn't been something that was significant where he came from, at least not in the same way, Kail's life had been ruined over who he had loved. He wasn't sure where Sliet stood on the issue, or what her culture had been like, and suddenly felt worried for his friend and that Sliet might react badly. "Y-yeah, he... he's my friend is all...I just don't want to loose him in this mess." He got out, hoping the shadows would hide how embarrassed he probably looked, but guessed it was too late to recover. It wasn't a lie, they weren't really anything more than friends... were they? He met eyes with his counterpart. "Sliet..Please don't tell the others, for Kail's sake?" He asked quietly.
Kazukedud
Admin

http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Sliet repressed a laugh at Ravens reply, the candlelight more than bright enough to show how red his face was. She smiled sitting up and slowly, knowing how jumpy he could be, reached a hand up to ruffle his hair. "Wouldnt dream of it, kiddo." She said with a giggle, smiling just wide enough to show her fangs. More than a little satisfied with herself, she hugfed her knees to her chest happily, and watched as the horizon started to lighten.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Raven watched Sliet sit up as well with a smile on her face, not sure what to think at first. The boy shrunk back a little as she reached out, uncertain, and shut his eyes quickly, but then opened them in bewilderment as she just ruffled his hair. He blinked up at her as she pulled back and spoke, looking all cheerful again.
"Th-thank you." He replied quietly, a little confused. He'd never been called 'kiddo' before or anything like that, though he was pretty sure Sliet didn't mean it in a condescending or demeaning way, she seemed to be genuinely okay with it. As she starred off at the sunrise, he sat quietly, glancing back again at his counterpart. "...W-what about you?" He questioned softly.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Sliet glanced over at the dark haired boy, confused when he spoke. "Hmm? What do you mean? " she asked, hoping she was wrong about just what it was he was asking her. Did he not know what would happen to all of the demons when allmwas said and done? She supposed nobody would have told the children that, most wouldnt have had the time. She wasnt even sure all of the others knew exactly what was coming, it was more of a quiet understanding among them that nobody had actually said, but everyone seemed to know. She hoped everyone knew anyway. She didnt thimk she would have the heart to explain it.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Raven hesitated at Sliet's change in tone. He hadn't thought before he'd asked and regretted it. Zeta had hinted that the Revenants harmed their souls, though he had no idea to what extent, whether it made them ill, or die, or something worse. All he really knew was that they lost their immortality. Besides, he hadn't been exactly concentrating when the man has explained things, he'd been exhausted and had been soaking alcohol into his wounds from the dogs. Maybe he'd missed something.
"I.. I meant after we're able to leave this world, I know you can't leave on your own, but we could take you, right? Once we learn to transport properly. We could help you get back to your home worlds or wherever you wanted, even if it was only for a little while or something?" He got out quietly. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, sorry."
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Sliet smiled sadly at the thought. She was almost positive that it could never happen, every bit of logic told her that, but no matter how small it was, hope was illogical. In any case, she was grateful for the sentiment. She thought for a moment, picking her sords carefully. "I would go home. I have a promise to keep there." She said, her smile growing as she mentioned the small village. She wasnt sure exactly how long shed been gone, but she hoped it was alright in her absense.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Raven looked over at her as she mentioned home, looking sort of happy. He wondered what her world was like, whether she missed it. He said nothing, willing to listen if she decided to go on. He didn't mind being around Sliet, she was rather friendly and happy, and had been pretty kind and forgiving when it came to putting up with him. So he tried to at least be respectful and friendly back, something that didn't usually happen between him and authority.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 am

Sliet glanced over at her counterpart when he didn't say anything, taking it as a ssign to go on, she continued. "See, after mhy predecessor found me, I just kind of dissapeared. Didn't think much about it at the time. I explored for a while. Checked out a few of the other worlds saw some incredible things. Then finally, years later,  I  found my way home. I hadn't realized how long I'd been gone until I saw the village. It had changed a lot, i barely recognized it. There were more huts, and animals around, but the big hut was still there and familiar as ever, so that's where I went. I noticed on the way there how quiet the whole place seemed, as though the entire village was holding its breath, waiting for something bad to happen. The big hut is where the leader and their family live, until their children either find or make their own place that is, its where i grew up, as the second oldest, and the oldest living after my older brother Geir had a hunting accident, so my father had groomed me to be the next leader. I had no idea what I was going to find in the big hut, but it definitely wasn't what I saw. When I got to the door, I heard some people arguing so I snuck in and hid. They kept arguing for a while, an old man that semed to be the current leader stuck in a bed, and his son arguing he wasnt ready to take his place. I guess the old man saw me though, because just as soon as his sonmleft he started talking to me. I went over to talk to him, i knew he loo,ed familiar. He kept saying how he knew i would come back, that I wasnt like Geir and I always returned safely eventually, and how I hadnt aged a day." she laughed harshly. "the old fool was jealous, even if only a little bit. It was then that I recognized him. I never expected to se my little brother that old. He knew he was going to die soon, and he made me promise that i would defend the village in his absence as he had in mine. He told me of the trouble there was then, some kind of creature coming and stealing the children as they played."
She paused, remembering it vividly. "He died two days later. The villagers had said their parts and, I suppose he was my nephew tjough it feels strange to call him that, he went up to light the pire. That is supposed to be done by the oldest or closest living relative, so naturally, I  stayed out of sight and lit it from a distance before he got close. Pretty sure about half of the village nearly wet themselves. After that, I kept my promise. It was easy for the most part. Keeping an eye on the children as they played,  keeping predators at a distance. There were still some people alive tthat recognized me. They said that in his dying time my brother had summoned my spirit to protect them. It started out as a joke, then a serious theory,  then everyone just kind of went with it. The children would laugh and play with me through the day and then go home in the evenings to twll their paremparents about the nice spirit lady. I watched them grow up, then eventually i was playingmwith their grandchildren,  and their grandchildrens grandchildren.  I dont know how long i was there. I couldnt even tell you most of what i did, it's  all just too much to remember. Fought off an army at one point though. I think I was the last thing they were expecting. They laughed at me at first.  They weren't laughing for long."
Sliet stared off over the horizon, but it seemed as though she wasn't all there. Like part of her was still back in the little village.  "I dont know how theyve fared since ive been stuck here." she said, coming back to the present and looking over at Raven a little embarassed now that she realized she had been rambling.

(Holy shit sticks thats long but i feel accomplished. )
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Raven listened quietly to Sliet's story as his counterpart went on. By the time she had finished he was nothing short of amazed, but remained silent as she trailed off and stared at where the sun was edging at the skyline.
He felt a pang of sympathy. She seemed to miss it so much, and he had growing doubt that she would see it again.
He looked back at her as she spoke again, glancing at him.
"If they're anything like you, I'm sure they've done fine." He replied softly. "Would you feel better if some of us checked on them every now and then? Just to make sure they're still alright?" He offered. "Once this is over, I mean."
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Sliets eyes widened at the offer. She grinned suddenly excited. "Do you really mean it? Thank you so much raven! She exclaimed, bringing her arms up to wrap her counterpart in a hug before thinking better of it and leaning back. It fwlt as though a huge weight had been lifted off hr shoulders. The village, HER village, would be okay without her. She sighed heavily as she looked back at the horizon. It was lTer than she had thought, everyone else was probably up and eating breakfast if they weren't done by now. She pushed herself up and held a hand out to help raven do the same. "we should get back before you mis breakfast again and before Harir notices were gone and yells again. Though i wouldnt blame him at this point. Both of us off campus in the dark when he spacificaly told us not to, and you doingmit for... what? The second or third ti e this week? You can tell me about your home on the aay back if you'd like." She said with a lot more happiness and enthusiasm than she had in a long time.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:07 pm

Raven was surprised by Sliet's sudden enthusiasm. He went tense and put his hands up as she looked like she was about to hug him, and then stopped. He puffed in relief. "Y-yeah. I mean it." He said with a quick nod, glad to see her happy. The village obviously still meant a lot to her.
He cautiously took her hand as she helped him up, not wanting to be rude or refuse. He fallowed as she started to lead them back, and listened quietly. "Yeah, I suppose he's in a really stressful situation..." As she offered to listen about him home, he shrugged. He didn't want to kill her mood by talking about how much he never wanted to go back. He tried to think of someone he missed.
Elinore, Pel, pretty much everyone he had been close to was gone, and he didn't want to think about Marcel. But Sliet seemed to excited, and had opened up all about her world; he didn't want to just say nothing either.
"It's... there was some conflict... But, I'm glad I'm here now, anyway, I've met some kind people." He added hesitantly, trying to smile.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Sliet raised an eyebrow at Ravens brief description of his home. He had met some kind people here? Had to be some of the other children, the boy had met Peter and Zeta after all, and a few, not excluding herself, had killed more than their fair share of people. If he had met some nice people here, home must suck. You don't talk so little about a good place. "That bad huh?" She asked curiously. "Sounds like it could use your help indeed." She added remembering his goals.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Raven paused, uncertain as she sounded curious. "It... It's not all bad. But there were a lot of misled people. I hope that I actually can do something to help. I had a friend there, someone I wasn't supposed to be friends with, she really wanted to see things get better, but she never got to because she was cast aside like nothing because of where she was born. And the woman who raised me, she was really sick the last time I saw her, a lot of people were, so, maybe if the leaders could divert money to curing that, rather than on some pointless war, so many people could get better and there wouldn't be so much hardship. And... there's just so much that could be fixed, so maybe If I can help in the right way, it could turn things around a little bit at a time." He broke off. "I'm sorry, I go on endlessly worrying. There's nothing I can do at the moment, so."
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:29 pm

"" No, not at this moment. " she said rather thoughtful. "However, there is sure to be milllions more where you can.it certainly sounds like they could use your help." she added optimistically. She thought for a moment, realizing that she couldn't tell him exactly how long he would have to accomplish his goals, though she was sure it would be more than enough. How old was she again? She frowned. If she was old enough to forget her age, she must be pretty old. Of course it didn't really matter, but that wouldn't stop this information, or rather lack thereof, from bothering her.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Raven nodded quietly, uncertain. He walked along quickly after his counterpart. Glancing up as she went quiet again, he noticed her looked a little confused.
He wasn't sure whether he should say something or not; he felt there was little he could help with anyway, and he didn't want to pry into her buisness. but maybe it was something about him? Or something concerning what they had talked about. "What's the matter, Sliet?" He asked hesitantly.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Sliet looked over at her dark haired counterpart lookingg rather disturbed eand a little afraid. "I don't know how old I am. " she admitted, having been unable to even get a general,idea from adding up what she could remember. She stared at Raven with the expression of someone who had just been told that all of their favourite books consisted of only various combinations of 26 letters. Distressed confusion and a hint of surprise.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Raven watched her as she spoke, her words carrying a hint of identity crisis.
He smiled a little sympathetically and shrugged. "...That's okay though. I think your years should be measured by everything you've seen and learned and enjoyed anyway. The exact number of years doesn't really matter that much...? does it? He asked hesitantly, trying to assure his counterpart and not wanting her to get upset after she had seemed so happy a moment ago. But maybe she was just one of those people who needed things to be definite to feel satisfied.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:59 pm

Sliet nodded and smiled at ravens words. "I guess your right." She said, a little embarassed that she had let it get to her at all. She looked up to find the campus doors nearly right in feont of them, surprised that the walk had gone so quickly. "You go in and get some breakfast, just kind of try to act like weve been i there all morning." She instructed lightly, praying to whatever powers that existed greater than them, if there even was such a thing, that Harir, Tirza, and or Pythi wouldnt be on the other side. Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door open.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Raven nodded obediently. He didn't feel hungry, but he didn't feel as pained as usual either, and eating wouldn't hurt. He fallowed after her, glancing up at the people moving around. They weren't as bustled or talkative as a normal crowd, but then again they weren't in a light situation. He noticed a tallish, blond woman standing there as they came in, glancing at him and then at sliet with a friendly smile. He glanced down, recognizing her from around the building. He knew everone seemed to like her a lot and regarded her as a sweet person, though he heeded Sliet's advice and headed straight to the area where the others were eating, not wanting to talk. After a moment, he looked around for Kail, but didn't see the other.

Pythi watched the boy wander away from his counterpart, and remained silent until he was gone, and then looked to Sliet, tiliting her head to the side. "You've been missing breakfast. Harir was wondering where you've been. " The blonde added in a gentle voice. "Off setting fire to things?" She inquired, in a tone that suggested that was all the other did that was significant enough to be noteworthy. "Or did your little counterpart wander off again?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Sliet cursed her luck at the sight of Pythi, narrowing her eyes dangerously as the other smiled. She could feel anger start to burn in her chest. "The whereabouts of me and the boy are none of your concern, Pythi." She said with a snarl, trying not to show anything more than her usual dislike for the girl.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Pythi looked slightly insulted, though she didn't sound like it; her voice soft and condescending. "I'm only worried for the two of you, after the number of close encounters you've both had. Reckless children should be minded, after all." She chided. Looked over the others in the room with an expressionless face. Besides, it is quite my concern if one of you runs off and gets hurt and the rest of us have to deal with it. I'm not quite sure what is with Omega and reckless kids." She laughed softly, so it would appear to anyone else who glanced their way as a light-hearted joke between the two of them. She was pretty secure in the knowledge that the others would trust her nice nature over anything the other said, so she could get away with a lot.

Raven, a little confused by Kail's lack of presence, didn't really feel like a meal, and took only some sort of toast that was set out with a jam, wandering over to the wall and sitting down to eat. The sweetness of the fruit tasted wonderful, but he only got most of the first piece down before he felt a burning inside and a mild wave of nausea hit him. Setting the food aside, he took a breath and waited for it to pass. This wasn't going to work. Getting a little pale, he got to his feet and wrapped the untouched piece up in the napkin. Sliet hadn't eaten yet, maybe she would want it? He walked back towards his mentor, glancing up just as Pythi said something about children and laughed. Sliet looked angry. Maybe now wasn't the best time.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:51 pm

""I am NOT a child." Sliet snapped, kicking herself on the inside for letting the other get her riled up. She could feel the air heating up around her, responding to her anger, and worked quickly to cool it back down."Nor am I reckless, and neither is he." She added, defending Raven without skipping a beat, though she knew she was mostly lying in doing so. He did tend to be quite reckless,  though she hoped not as much so after their talk this morning. "And I most certainly don't need to be minded by anyone." She finished, her breathing more or less back to normal, though she was still too distracted to notice the dark haired boy aaproach.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Pythi gave a sort of shrug. "Hm. I can see that." She remarked with a sarcastic tone, she went quiet as she noticed the boy, before deciding he probably wasn't any more of a threat than Sliet. She turned to leave, trying to give him a pet on the head like you would a child, but was a little startled when he shrank back and watched her with suddenly cold, distrusting eyes in response to the contact. Sniffing, she made her way off.

Raven heard the end of the conversation, and was a sort of shocked to hear the two going at each other in such a way. He knew it was really none of his business, though something was up. He kept his eyes lowered, uncertain, and then jumped in alarm as the blond reached out to touch him, he glanced at her in worry, feeling defensive and irritated, as that sort of unwelcome contact often made him, before she turned away and walked off, seeming a little fed up. "Uh- sorry-" He started softly, but she was gone. He was kind of glad, though. He glanced at Sliet, curious, but not sure if it was his place to ask what had just happened.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Sliet glared at Pythi's back as she walked away, a low growl rising protectively in her thoat as she reached out to touch Raven. Once she was out of sight, Sliet sniffed, crossing her arms across her chest, face still flushed with anger. "If you're not already sick of my advice today, i suggest you avoid her as much as possible." She half growled without looking away from where Pythi had dissapeared.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Raven looked after the other as she left, then looked back to his counterpart as she spoke. He nodded hesitantly. "A-Alright..." Sliet hadn't been wrong before, but he was a little confused about the other woman, who had just been so rude to Sliet, compared to all the nice things he had heard about her. "What is the matter with her? Is she upset, or?" He asked softly, uncertain of whether it was appropriate to question this or not.
Remembering the toast, he held out the untouched, jam covered piece a little, still in the napkin. "Um, toast?" He offered
offered after a minute.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top