Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

3 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 2 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Needing to read directions or having someone give him a note that he needed to read had never been a problem. But of course he had never thought that he'd ever be stuck in this sort of situation. That didn't mean he was going to have to read, did it? He was thankful for the offer, he really was, but he didn't want Raven to have to worry about teaching him. "I-It's really no big deal... Y-you don't have to..." he said, scratching the back of his head a bit awkwardly. Noticing the change in Raven's voice, he blinked slightly as he looked over at him. Maybe it would be good to learn. Plus Raven also seemed to be very into books, and as far as he was concerned it was probably a good thing to have something to distract them from everything else that was going on. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to learn a little... I mean if you're totally sure you want to teach me..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 2 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by Deathcap Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Raven nodded. "I won't force you, but it's really no trouble." He added, the thought for a moment about how to start, looking around. "Do you know the Alphabet? He asked curiously. "A-b-c-d-e?"  He looked around for a pen and paper, finally picking up a few pieces from what might have been a secretary's desk. Then he carefully swirled the pen around on the yellowed paper a couple times to get the old ink going, and then proceeded to write each one out clearly in simple capital and lowercase for now.  "There's 26 letters, and each one is supposed to make a different sound when you read them." He explained.
Raven held the paper for Kail to see, and bottom wrote K  A  I L. "The first one is a K, so it makes a sound like 'Kkh'.  And then there's an A, and that just sounds like 'Aay'  That's I, and then L, which makes a Lhh.  So if you sound out the sound each one makes individually, it makes out "K-a-il. So that's your name, written." He looked up at Kail to see if the other had understood. "Do you sort of get the idea?" He asked hopefully. It might be a little bit difficult at first..."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Kail shook his head slightly as he was asked about the Alphabet. Despite the fact that he was being taught now how to read, he still felt beyond embarrassed that he hadn't been taught the basic alphabet. Mind you, he knew that he wouldn't have exactly had the time to do so anyway. Between learning to hunt, and then hunting when his father grew ill and passed away, he hadn't had much time to do anything else. Though there were many early mornings, he had often been away for the whole day, only taking a break or two when he knew that he'd be able to spend some time with Yuki. Watching as Raven looked around for something, he chewed nervously on the inside of his cheek. When the boy had found what he had been looking for, he took a small step closer to the table to look down at the paper as he wrote down what he was assuming to be the alphabet. He nodded his head slowly as he listened to his explanation before writing something else at the bottom of the page. "Kind of I guess..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Raven nodded, pulling an old wooden chair up to the table encase Kail wanted to sit. "Sometimes  it's easier if you give each letter an object, as in, Apple goes with A, B with boy, since they have the same sound." He added, then slowly and patiently started to go over each letter and it's sound or sounds, what words it might start, anything that the other could use to help memorize the characters. He looked up at Kail after going over 'Z' again. "Don't worry if you're finding it confusing. They spend half a year or more going over it in school, at least where I'm from, and a lot of adults still have trouble reading and spelling."  He was leaning on the desk a little, his gloved hands resting the edge as he looked over the letters. "Did you want to stop this for now? Maybe look at a book instead?" He asked, glancing at the brunet. He didn't want to bore the other or make him feel frustrated. He didn't expect Kail to learn it all in one go, after all.  Raven had learned to read earlier and more enthusiastically than most children his age, but only because he had been so determined to understand the strange, indecipherable lines on the pieces of paper from his mom's 'diary' that had turned his father into a strange minded monster who cried and drank and raged. Those words were better forgotten, but he had learned a lot through that dark curiosity.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:19 am

Kail nodded as he watched Raven pull the chair up next to the table. He had thought briefly about sitting down, figuring that they'd be here for a little while but stopped himself. He was use to standing for long periods of time and he wasn't to sure about Raven so he left the chair open for him. As they finished going through the letters once more, he let out a small breath before nodding his head. "I can see why they'd need or want to spend more than half a year on it..." he commented, looking down at the paper. The whole time Raven had been trying to teach him, he had been listening to him intently. Not that he'd admit it to anyone, he found himself wanting to make the other proud of him. The thought was shook from his mind as the dark haired boy spoke again, looking up to watch him lean against the desk a bit. "Sure... D.. do you mind if I take that piece of paper with me? J..just until I get use to it..?" he asked rather sheepishly, glancing away. The thought about returning home actually knowing how to read crossed his mind. He could teach younger kids that didn't have the means of being taught. But he soon remembered that he wouldn't be returning home anytime soon, if ever. Before he missed anything the other might say, he pulled himself from his thoughts and looked over at the boy, waiting for him.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:41 pm

"Yeah, it can be a little difficult." He agreed, standing up straight and glancing at Kail as the other asked for the paper. "Yeah! Of course- oh wait." He took the pen up again and underneath each letter drew a little scribble to link the sound to, an apple, a ball, a cat, a dog, ect. They weren't a work of art, but they were at least understandable enough to use as reference... He hoped. "There," He handed the folded paper to Kail, noticing the other looking a little distraught again. "Don't stress out over it, honestly." He added encouragingly. 
He found himself looking in vain for an appropriate book; this hadn't been a public library, and anything for younger or more inexperienced readers was nowhere to be found. In fact, there was a lot more informational texts and heavy documents than novels in the first place.  Eventually he found a relatively thin red book with the title along the lines of 'Short Stories'.
"Want to try this one? Or would you like to learn a recipe for pie?" He joked, but felt a little uncertain. Almost every other short book had been a manual or home cooking one so far, so it was this or dense adult novels that would be near impossible for the other  to get through.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Kail had been about to take the paper from off of the table in order to fold up and put in a pocket for the time being but of course he stopped abruptly when Raven told him to wait. He blinked and watched the boy scribble a small drawing of sorts underneath to help him out. Kail tried to smile to show his gratitude towards the other, but he wasn't to sure how well it came across. "Thanks," he said, unzipping his jacket in order to place the paper into one of the inside pockets of the jacket. He figured it was the safest place for it right now.
Kail kind of glanced around at the different books, trying to silently read the words on the spines of the books as well as trying to find one that Raven deemed easy enough. It didn't look like there'd be a lot though. Looking up when the other asked him about the book, he let out a faint chuckle as he asked about the pie. "Well... I don't think I'm going to be trying to bake a pie anytime soon, so that's good enough I guess..." he replied, walking over towards him.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Not seeing any real place to sit other than a couple broken sofas, Raven sat down with his back against the wall, crossing his legs and looking up at Kail as he walked over. He set the book in his lap and tried to go through the pages. His gloves made it a little difficult, and not wanting to rip the fragile old paper he took them off and set them in his pocket, a little self conscious of the jagged scars striped across his hands and wrists. They were far from self inflicted, but he worried that Kail would be unnerved by his damaged hands. He opened the book to the first story, skimming over it as he waited for Kail to sit down. It seemed to be something about moving into a city, nothing too exciting or violent. That should be fine, right? "D-did you just want me to read to you for now? or?" He asked, feeling a little flustered and awkward. He hadn't really read to another guy just casually before. Children's bedtime stories, sure. Speaking in front of his class or fellow soldiers when it was required, all the time, but this felt a little different, and he didn't want to make Kail uncomfortable, either.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Kail glanced around before he made his way slowly over to where Raven had sat down. He chewed his bottom lip slightly before he sat down, bringing his legs to his chest and wrapping his arms around his knees. Watching as Raven flipped through the pages, he sat in silence before noticing the scars that covered the boy's hands. His shoulders sagged slightly as he glanced up at Raven, having buried some of his face into the fur on his jacket. He had been about to reach a hand over but he quickly stopped himself. He wasn't going to assume that they had been caused by the boy himself, but he felt bad. The boy seemed to nice to have to go through whatever he may have gone through. Pulling himself from his thoughts, he looked over at Raven as he asked him about reading. "Uh well..." Kail wasn't to sure what would be the easiest. He didn't want to make a fool of himself trying to read, but he didn't want to pressure Raven into reading to him. "J..Just whatever you want... I don't care," he said, voice muffled by the fur as he looked away from the other.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Raven couldn't help feeling a sense of anxiety as the other sat down beside him, but it quickly faded away and he looked over at Kail, looking a little embarrassed with his face half buried in the soft looking collar. Raven noticed sort of off offhandedly how sweet the other looked, and then tried to brush the thought aside, a little embarrassed himself. He was quiet for a moment as Kail looked away, before glancing at him again in slight concern. Maybe he was just worried about the reading?  "O- okay... but if you want to stop just say so, it's alright." He tried to assure the boy, trying to relax a little. He was vividly aware of the Kail beside him, closer than he usually got to people.  It made him both horribly nervous and uncertain, but he did his best to dismiss the pointless worry. And as he picked up the book and continued for a while, reading, he realized he didn't really mind the warmth of the other beside him, and he felt calmer and safer than he had in a long time. Still, he read a little uncertainly. He was careful with each sentence and spoke softly, careful not to rush through and leave Kail lost in the words.  At the end of the first chapter, he paused and rested the small book in his lap, glancing at Kail, his bright eyes asking what Kail wanted to do. they could keep reading, or not, he wasn't sure what Kail wanted and felt hesitant.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Kail kept half of his face buried in the fur on his jacket, only glancing over at Raven every few moments or so. He chewed on his bottom lip as they sat in silence for a few moments. He tried to be carefuly of how close he sat to the boy. He didn't want to accidentally bump into his leg or anything. Though Raven had told him that he wouldn't be angry at him or yell, it didn't mean that he was completely okay with who exactly Kail was. He didn't know if the boy was okay with him being gay, though he hadn't said that he wasn't. He nodded his head slightly, glancing down at the book for a brief moment "R..Read as much as you want.." he said softly. When the boy opened up the book and started to read, Kail looked intently at the book, trying to match up the boy's words with the words on the page. At some point he scooted a little bit closer to Raven in order to glanced down at the words a little bit easier. He was thankful that Raven seemed to be taking his time so that he understood. Or well, kind of understood anyway. Not that he was bored or anything, he could feel himself slowly starting to drift off to sleep. He didn't want Raven to think that he found the reading boring or something, he tried to keep his eyes from sliding shut, and keeping his eyes open of course. At some point, he fell slightly to lean against the dark haired boy, his breathing slowing ever so slightly as he drifted off to sleep. When Raven stopped speaking, he blinked after a moment, confused by the silence before he realized what had happened. Blushing a dark red, he quickly sat up and scooted away a little bit, hiding some of his face into the fur once again "I..I.. Sorry about that..." he muttered, refusing to look over at the other boy.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Raven didn't react or worry as Kail leaned against him, only tried to moved the book a little so that the other could see better, then blinked as the other went quiet and slack against him, it was then he glanced over at the other boy and stopped reading. He must be exhausted, poor guy. Kail had seemed so emotionally distressed earlier, and for all he knew, with the way the boy had struggled to admit what had happened, he was probably the first one Kail had told, and something like that was a lot to carry around with you, scared everyone was going to hate you for it. That, coupled with all they had been through in the past few days... He looked again at the other, sleeping peacefully for the moment. Raven didn't really mind, anyway, -He felt sort of calm beside Kail's sleeping form.  He was about to set the book down when Kail tensed and sat up straight, moving away from him and he looked up at the sudden recoil of the other, and saw Kail's bright face, suddenly feeling bad for how embarrassed the other was. He hesitated as the brunet apologized,  and shook his head.  "Don't worry about it. I-it's okay if you want to sleep." He said reassuringly, his voice gentle as he tilted his head slightly to the side. "... 'Want me to read to you again?" Raven offered, resting the book in his lap again as he glanced at the other, smiling a little to show the other he wasn't mad.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Kail fidgeted with the end of his sleeve as he stared down at the ground while chewing on his bottom lip. He was glad that Raven didn't seem angry. He had tried so hard to stay awake, to not try and freak the boy out, but with everything that had gone on in the past few months, he was beyond exhausted. There had been numerous nights that he hadn't been able to sleep since he had lost Yuki. He wasn't even sure what it was about the other that calmed him down, and despite the fact that they were going through a lot and would likely go through a lot, he was glad that he had had the chance to met Raven. Kail shook his head slightly "Nows probably not the time to sleep..." he said with a small shrug. He wanted to sleep more but didn't want to make Raven just sit there. The brunet smiled faintly and shook his head "You don't have to if you don't want to... I don't want to make you stick around or anything.."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Raven glanced over at the other, still looking so nervous. He wondered it it was because of how Kail had been treated. If he had let his guard down and fallen asleep beside someone like that where he lived, would they have reacted in anger or cruelly towards him simply because of his sexuality? The thought troubled him. He hoped Kail wasn't scared he was going to hurt him or get angry for something like that.  "I don't mind, but maybe tomorrow then?... And, you don't worry about that; It's ok.., I'd rather be here anyway, it's nice." He said quietly. Sitting in the  warm light of the dusty library with Kail was much more enjoyable than lying silent and restless in the dark of the dorm room, constantly afraid to sink into nightmares if he closed his eyes for too long. He was tired, too, but with unconsciousness came images of the blood covered faces of people he'd seen die, fire burned and bit his skin as if it was really there, and gunshots no one else heard tore him from sleep.  
He rested against the bookshelf for a moment, His arm just brushing Kail's as he leaned back a little, his eyes fluttering shut for a second, his body shivering beneath his jacket. He was silent and blinked again, staring up at the high domed ceiling as he studied what seemed like old art painted across it. The morning light was shining through the windows and creating a warm glow over everything. How could the world be so beautiful and terrible at the same time? "So... we're gonna live for a long time, then." He said softly, mentioning it for the first time as he thought back on the demons' words from yesterday. If we can leave, like they said we would be able to... if this all works. But he didn't want to make Kail feel any worse than he did by going on about all the ways it could go wrong. "What do you want to do when this is all over?" He asked curiously.

Last edited by Kazukedud on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Kail stayed silent as he refused to look over at the other boy. Deep down, he knew that he really had nothing to worry about here, but after so long of having to hide his true self and worrying about what other's would think, it was just a default thought. The brunet nodded his head slowly as Raven mentioned something about the following day. "T..That sounds fine to me..." he said softly, glancing over at him out of the corner of his eyes. "I'll take a look over the paper you gave me so I can try to read tomorrow..." he said, bringing his legs up to his chest once again. He thought briefly about taking the book with him to try to read when he was alone so he could prove to the other that he wasn't that stupid the following day, but he wasn't sure if they were even suppose to be in here. One of the last things he wanted to do was anger the demons. Looking around as he tried to calm down, he nodded once again "It is... It's a lot nicer than the dorms..." he commented, taking a deep breath as he glanced around. The dorms weren't that bad, but they weren't the most comforting of places, and there were to many people around between the demons and other kids. And being in crowds wasn't exactly his strong suit.
The boy jumped as he felt something brush against his arm before he realized that it had just been the other's arm. He looked over towards the other, a small frown coming to his face as he was just barely able to feel the boy shivering. Wondering briefly, and worrying, that Raven was cold, he had been about to unzip his jacket to pass to the boy but was stopped by the comment. "I guess so..." he said, glancing down at the floor in front of him. He wasn't to sure what he wanted to do though when all of whatever was going on was over. What even was there to do? "Uh I'm not to sure..." he admitted, glancing over at him. Pausing for a moment, he unzipped his jacket and slipped it off hesitantly before holding it out to the boy next to him "You look cold..." He felt self-conscious about the burns on his arms that had been caused by his own demon counterpart days previous, but he tried to ignore it.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:00 pm

Raven looked up as Kail in surprise as the other held out his own jacket to him. "N-no, it's ok" He put his hands up, lowering the jacket back into Kail's arms. "I'm fine; I have this." he said, smiling and patting his own battered and faded military coat before slipping his black gloves back on. He was cold, really cold, he could barely feel his hands, but that was normal for him. he was used to it. The bitter air bit through his scarf and coat and most of the time it was all he could do to get warm enough to stop shivering. He didn't want to admit to Kail how frozen he felt, even sitting so close to the other. He stood up carefully and offered his hand to Kail to help the other up.
After, he set the book they had been reading down and stretched a little, but as he did his hand knocked something slightly and a book tumbled, striking him in the back of the head and falling open to the floor. "Oops-" He bent down to pick it up but the handwritten lettering on the pages caught his attention as he reached for it. Then he stopped, recognizing with disbelief Kail's and his name side by side. Slowly, he picked it up and glanced over it. It was a journal, not a book. And he felt an eerie sensation crawl through him as he looked at the date; almost a week from now. That didn't make any sense. Maybe is was a mistake. 
A large scrawled '4' was marked above, and notes were made all over the sides. He flipped through a couple pages. Each section repeated dates and he saw his name and others several times. What was this? "K-kail?" He asked, looking uncertainly back at the other.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Kail tilted his head to the side slightly as he listened to Raven tell him that it was okay. Even though the other had his own jacket, it didn't look all that warm, especially if he was still shivering. Hesitantly putting his jacket in his lap, he glanced down for a moment. He actually found it warm, a bit to warm for his jacket. It was much warmer here than it ever had been back home. Most of the land was covered in snow for most of the year. It was why the town had relied so heavily on hunting. Blinking, he looked up towards Raven as he stood up, smiling faintly as the hand was offered to him. Taking his jacket tightly in one hand, he took a hold of the boy's hand before standing up.
Stretching as well, Kail help in a yawn and had been about to offer his jacket to the other once more. It really was the least he could do after the boy had allowed him to borrow the gas mask upon their first meeting, and being this nice to him. The brunet turned to look at the numerous other books that lined the shelves, attempting to sound out the titles to himself. He was rather startled when a book hit the floor, blinking and turning to look towards Raven as he watched him bend down to pick it up, tilting his head to the side as he watched him. His brow raised as he waited in silence, holding his coat in his arms as he crossed them over his head. Debating on trying to peek over the boys shoulder, he ended up staying where he was. It wasn't even like he could understand any of it.
Hearing Raven, he tilted his head to the side "Yeah?" he asked, concerned by the other's uncertain look. "What's wrong?"

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Raven skimmed over sentences as Kail approached, his eyes narrowed in disbelief. A feeling of icy shock filled him as he found the handwritten letters detailing his death. The date was days from now. Here. He flipped through pages, Kail, Somnia, Astrum, Sliet, Zeta; they were all in the worn pages of the journal, their deaths painted with lettered ink across the rough paper. With shaking hands he hesitated before snapping the small book shut with one hand, the blood draining from his face as his throat went dry and he couldn't seem to answer Kail. The other was standing right beside him but he couldn't.
He glanced at the other, looking in confusion into Kail's green eyes, as if to make sure he was still there, and took a step back, his eyes flitting away as he slotted the book back onto a shelf. How could he explain that. He couldn't. Kial couldn't read- would he even believe what Raven had seen just now- should he? He was so shocked that even now he was trying to rationalize the words and dates in the strange book. He avoided Kail's glance. "Ah- Nevermind- I, I was just wondering if you were coming. Sorry." He muttered quietly, wanting nothing more now than to get out of this building, away from that book and the thought of it. He strode towards the door, folding his arms across his chest as his mind raced. He was terrified, and he knew he couldn't just ignore it- but... not now.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 pm

As Kail moved closer towards the other boy he tilted his head to the side and watched him closely. Waiting for an answer, he stopped next to him and raised an eyebrow, concern showing on his face as Raven stayed silent. He was almost certain that it had to do with the book, seeing as the boy's face paled as he snapped the book shut. His brow furrowed in worry when he noticed the confused look in the dark haired boy's eyes before he quickly looked away. He was hoping that it hadn't been something he had said or done, though he was sure it wasn't with the way Raven had seemed to react to whatever was written in the pages of the book. Holding his jacket close to his chest as he watched Raven start to walk towards the doors to leave, he blinked and glanced down for a moment before he hurried after Raven to the door. The brunet walked in silence for a moment, gaze down towards the ground. After a few moments on silence, he slowed his speed for a moment to drape his jacket around Raven's shoulders just in case he was in fact colder than he was willing to admit. "No need to be sorry," he said softly.
Kail chewed on his bottom lip as he looked away from the boy before he worked on pushing the front door open so they could leave, hesitant to bring up the box that had worried the other so much. Once it was open enough, he nodded his head slightly towards Raven to motion for him to go first.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Raven walked forward, all his words gone from him, as he stopped himself from looking up at Kail; he felt almost scared to. Should he say something? Kail has a right to know- if... if he's going to-.. He didn't want to finish the thought. Maybe it was nonsense, but there had to be some reason that those things were written here, right? Maybe he shouldn't mention it until he knew. He didn't want to scare the other boy. 
He was brought out of his troubled thoughts as he felt the weight of Kail's Jacket slung over him and looked up, his eyes wide in surprise at the kind gesture, one hand coming up to clutch the collar to keep it from falling. "..T-thank you." He replied quietly. It had been so long since someone had done something like that for him; as simple as it might be, he was a little shocked. "Aren't you cold?.." He asked, worried the other was sacrificing his own comfort for him. Kail's body heat lingered on the jacket,  and for a moment he felt a different sort of warmth fill his chest as he pulled it closer around his shoulders, feeling strangely safe despite everything.  He walked after Kail quickly as the other pushed open the heavy oaken doors, and moved to help, but Kail seemed to find it easier than himself. He nervously walked out past Kail and held the door, making sure it didn't drop on the other. He suddenly felt very flustered about everything; the book, Kail, whether or not to tell the other what he had seen. He didn't want to scare him- but it could be incredibly important, and now he felt he couldn't say anything. Raven glanced at the other boy, conflicted. How could he lie and and act like nothing had happened when he had read what could have been Kail's and his own last moments?
"Kail..." He started again. "That book... it had all of our names in it... it was bout us, and the other people here." He said quietly, avoiding the other's eyes again. Unable to bring himself to mention what exactly he had read. 
His own death didn't scare him; but to read about it- it felt wrong; imminent, especially when it was in a place like that and made no sense, and he couldn't let go of the feeling of impending disaster.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:41 am

Brushing some hair out of his eyes, he glanced away briefly after he had rested the jacket on Raven's shoulders. He just hoped that the action hadn't been to awkward for the other. He was his only friend here, or well, person he seemed to get along with, and he didn't want to ruin that. Smiling sheepishly in Raven's direction, he shrugged a shoulder ever so slightly "I..It's really no big deal..." Even if he had been a little cold, Kail wouldn't have admitted it. Raven seemed colder than he would have been and he didn't want to see him get sick. "Not really," he replied, shaking his head. "It's a warmer here than it was back home." Anywhere was probably warmer than home, but it was nice to be in a relatively warm place for once. "There was snow on the ground for most of the year it got that cold," He started to explain, "So this is a nice change..." He felt as if he was rambling, so he turned away before he continued to talk and go on about something that the other probably didn't care to much about. The brunet just wasn't sure if he wanted to walk in silence or ramble on as they made there way away from the library. Slipping out of the door after him, he allowed it to slowly close behind them, thanking Raven for holding it for him with a nod. He was glad to see that the other was using his jacket instead of trying to push it away again. A small smile came to his lips as he looked away upon feeling his cheeks grow warm as they turned a light pink. Kail knew that it probably wasn't wise to start to feel this way towards anyone, whether it be because of how others may treat him or because of fear. The two were connected, sure, but the fear was a much larger part. He didn't want to lose someone else because of a stupid mistake, and even if they were to live for a long time, that didn't mean something couldn't happen before they took over for the demons now.
Stepping outside, he tried to blow some more hair out of his face as a small gust of wind blew it about. It had been a whole since he had gotten a hair cut, the last time having been cut by himself which hadn't turned out as well as he had expected. He stopped and glanced towards Raven as he finally spoke once more. He hadn't really expected to be told what was in the book, so he was a little shocked when was told that it had everyone's names in it. Raising a slender eyebrow, he tilted his head to the side as it really didn't seem that strange to him. But there was obviously something more to it. "Maybe the demons were just keeping an eye on us..?" He suggested, tugging at the bottom of his sleeves to try and attempt to hie the burn marks on his arms.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:35 am

Raven didn't reply at first, stopping when Kail did as he spoke. "I-.." He shrugged. "I guess." He wouldn't press it, he could figure this out on his own, and if it truly meant something, he would act on it when the time came. For now, there wasn't cause to terrify the others. He continued to walk aimlessly with the other boy, holding the jacket gratefully around him, the fur brushing against his cheeks. He didn't feel much warmer, physically, it wasn't his clothing that was letting in the cold, but his frail body that couldn't hold his heat, but the jacket was welcome. "It's not really that cold where I come from; it just rains and snows all the time." He replied quietly, noticing the scars on Kail's arms- Hadn't Daer healed him? There was almost no mark on him where the creature had torn into his side. He wondered if it still hurt the other but he didn't have the chance to express his concern.
His breath caught as he saw a form moving across a pathway far down the hill, heading away from the campus dorms, a dirty cloak shrouding his form, but he recognized the nervously hunched march and twitching movements.
"Stop, this way, quick-" He whispered, not sure if Kail had seen him yet or not.
Raven took Kail's hand briefly and led him quickly behind a building, out of sight, letting go and flattening himself against the wall as glancing nervously around the corner, holding his breath. 
Zeta was gone. 
Raven clutched his fists nervously, looking back at Kail. "Did you see him?!" Raven exclaimed, still speaking in a whisper. "What's he doing here so close to the others?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:19 am

Kail looked worriedly over at the male as he shrugged and seemed to push the subject of the book inside. Surely it couldn't be that bad, could it? For all they knew, the demons could have been keeping an eye on them for a while, before they had gotten trapped here. But now he was really starting to doubt it. He walked next to the other, taking in their surroundings as they went. It wouldn't hurt to know where certain things were in case he ever needed to find them. He knew that he couldn't read the signs quite yet, the ones that weren't worn away over the years that were, so he figured that until then, he could go by the looks of the buildings. Not that it would probably help a lot either. Kail nodded his head ever so slightly "It doesn't necessarily snow all the time where I'm from, it just sticks to the ground for long periods of time because of the cold." Paying attention to something else, he hadn't really been given a chance to notice Zeta, or whatever else seemed to be going on. He let out a small yelp as his hand was grabbed a hold of and he was led to a building, having barely even heard Raven speak to begin with.
Standing with his back up against the wall, he glanced towards the corner as he watched Raven peek out around it. Chewing the inside of his cheek, he tilted his head to the side slightly as Raven turned back to him, noticing the boy's hand clench into fists. "Did I see who?" he asked, keeping his voice down to a whisper. It wasn't until Raven brought up whatever he had seen being so close to the other's that he clued into who Raven had seen. He froze for a moment, pressing back into the wall a little bit more and holding his hands to his chest. "I... I don't know..." he replied, looking towards the corner before back at Raven.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:59 pm

"Zeta- He was on the path down there, farther off the campus." Raven replied. "I thought he was scared of the others here-" He broke off. Was zeta really so desperate to find Kail, or was he here for a different reason? "Are you ok? I'm sorry- I didn't mean to pull you along like that." He apologized, worried he'd frightened the other boy. But if Zeta had seen him, things could have taken a turn for the worse. And they still could. "I don't think he saw us. We should get back and tell the others." He added quietly, checking again for Zeta or any of those dogs that might be with him. He saw nothing, and started again to turn back to Kail when he heard the sound of running feet- two- was it-
His train of thought was cut off as a bolting form whipped around the corner and smoked him, taking him to the ground. In a practiced motion Raven went with the impact and rolled over onto the attacker and pinned the other. He froze, shocked as the other let out a terrified wail, shrinking under him and trembling, his face shrouded by odd blue hair.
Raven let go of him and moved back quickly, not sure what to think. The other was a smallish boy, probably a couple years younger than Kail and him.
He wasn't one of the demons, and he hadn't seen this one around the campus, either. "H-hey-'' He felt immediately bad for tackling the other- he had thought he was Zeta. The other looked up, scrambling back as he seemed to be struggling to speak, bright blue eyes staring at the two. He looked absolutely horrified, a bit of blood was staining his hair on the left side, and his... ear? Raven noted for the first time floppy, rabbit like ears protruding from the sides of his head just above where a human's would be.
He started to ask if the other was alright just as the blue haired boy's eyes rolled back and he collapsed back onto the grass, seemingly lifeless.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Kail kept glancing towards the corner as they stood there. He didn't want Zeta to find them, especially if he tried to go after Raven to try and get at him. Coming out of his thoughts as he heard the apology, Kail nodded his head "I'm fine... You just kind of scared me, that's all..." he admitted. It was for the better though. Zeta was here for a reason, and whatever reason that may be, the brunet knew that it was likely better that he stayed out of sight of the demon that was after him. He thought that it would have been safe enough to wander around the campus with the other demon's around the campus, but apparently he had been wrong enough. Kail nodded "Do you remember the way back to the main building?" he asked softly, tilting his head to the side. He had been about to open his mouth once more to say something else before footsteps could be heard and someone bolted around the corner.
Not that he would probably use his powers, unless it was Zeta that was coming around the corner, he instinctively lifted his hands and pointed them towards the new male that had seemed to come out of no where. He moved backwards out of their way as they tumbled before Raven came out on top. Staring wide eyed at the young boy, he lowered his hands before the realization that Zeta could have been chasing him set in. Lifting his gaze, and hands, towards the corner, he watched the corner closely as he waited for his counterpart to run around the corner. Glancing towards Raven, he had been about to ask if the boy was okay but he had looked just in time to see him collapse into the grass. "Is he okay?" He asked, looking towards Raven before he noticed another shape appear around the corner before skidding to a stop. He turned around and held his hands up, moving to stand in front of the boy and Raven.

As soon as Kayden had noticed the blue haired kid run off, he had started after him. He was almost certain that the so called demon named Zeta would have killed them both if he knew that he had let the kid run off, or anything of the sort. Running around the corner after him, having picked up his speed when he heard some sort of wail, the purple haired boy skidded to a halt as soon as he saw two strangers and his blue haired companion laying on the ground. Straightening his posture, he tried to seem as calm as possible. "Excuse us..." he commented before he nodded his head towards the boy laying on the ground. "And sorry about him. Something spooked him." Lord knows what had spooked him, but that was besides the point.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum