Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 8 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Raven hesitated. "I.. I don't know if the ground is too frozen to bury it or not..." He said softly. He felt bad that they hadn't noticed the dogs living here sooner. But at least they were able to help the puppies? 'I'll come back and look after it later, after we've made sure these little guys are okay." He considered that he could probably burn the dog, or at least move it somewhere where it wouldn't be decaying in the middle of the property, but he was worried first about what was happening with Tirza, as well as keeping the puppies warm.
As they got back to the main building, he hid the puppy a little more securely in his coat and slipped in, holding the door for Kail. At the stairs, he abruptly started laughing as the little thing started moving around in his coat, tickling him. He tensed and tried to stay quiet, but ended up giggling almost inaudibly all the way to the room, trying helplessly to keep the dog from squirming.
Once inside he slumped to his knees facing the bed, and opened his coat enough to let the puppy hop onto the sheets, trying to catch his breath from the laughter and gently ruffling it's fur as it explored the bed.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 8 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Kail nodded "It's hard to say if it would be or not... if it's not when you come back, I'll help you bury the dog.." he offered. He wasn't going to just Raven do all the work of burying the dog if the ground was still soft enough to bury it. If not, they could take it away from the campus. "Once we get back inside, I'll try to find some blankets we can give them," he said as he fixed the way he was holding the puppy.
Once they were at the main building, he dipped his head at Raven as he held the door open for him. Making sure that the dog was hidden behind his coat until they got up to the room. Blinking as Raven suddenly started laughing, he raised an eyebrow before realizing that the puppy was probably wiggling around. Smiling faintly, he kept a tighter grip on the puppy in his own jacket so it wouldn't wiggle around.
Opening his jacket as he made it into the room behind Raven, he closed the door behind him. They didn't need the puppies to run off into the rest of the building. Placing the second puppy on the bed, he smiled down at them before buckling his jacket back up. Though he hadn't used it, he grabbed a thin blanket that had been put in the room for him while Raven had been injured. Putting it on the bed for the puppies for the time being, he scratched the top of both puppies heads.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Raven straightened up and brushed himself off, heading to the door. "I'm going to see if I can find them some food, I'll be right back." He told Kail.
Heading down the hall, he went downstairs in search of food.
It wasn't too long before he'd found leftover... something? It smelt and looked vaguely like some sort of casserole and had a faint meat taste, so he hoped it was something the dogs would like. When he reached the room again and entered quietly, he put the dish down. "This is the closest thing to meat I could find, I think it should be alright?" He said, looking at the mush uncertainly and helping the puppies from the bed, watching as they sniffed it.
After a moment he looked up hesitantly. "Should we name them?" He asked, glancing back at them. He knew naming only got you more attached, and they weren't even certain that they could keep them, but it felt odd just calling them 'puppies.' He tilted his head, looking at the messier of the two, that had been in his coat. "Can I call one of them Haekel? He said almost quietly, as if embarrassed to be getting so attached to them.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Kail looked over his shoulder as Raven spoke, nodding "Just take your time," he said before sitting on the edge of the bed. He watched the puppies closely, making sure that they didn't wander to close to the edge of the bed and fall off the side.
Looking back up as Raven walked back into the room, he nodded slightly "I'm sure that it'll be fine for now. We don't know the last time they were fed, so I have a feeling they aren't going to be to picky," he replied, watching as the puppies were set on the floor. Though as hungry as they may be, he wouldn't exactly blame them if they hadn't wanted to eat it. It looked far from appetizing. Sitting in silence, he looked up at Raven as he heard him ask if they should name them. Was it really a smart idea? They had yet to figure out if anyone else even wanted them around, but it would be a lot easier..
"I don't think it would hurt to name them...." he said softly after a moment, looking down at the puppies before back at him. He held in a soft laugh as the other seemed to be embarrassed about asking if he could name one of them. "Of course you can call one of them Haekel. Who am I to stop you?" he asked, tilting his head to the side with a small smile.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Raven nodded quietly, sitting against the bed with his arms wrapped around his knees, watching the puppies eat. "I guess not everything about this place is horrible." He said thoughtfully, tilting his head a little to the side. While being here in general had so far been a stressing, painful ordeal, it was similar to what he'd come from, and despite all the chaos, he felt much different since he'd come here. He hadn't been forced into murder or treated like a mindless killing machine, and he was allowed to think freely and care about others... as hard as it was for him right now. Besides that, he'd made a friend in Kail. "We got to meet each other, after all." He said softly, and then felt uncertain that he should have. He tried to push the worry down, and after a moment of silence, spoke up again. "I'm... I'm still worried about Tirza, and what she might do. I don't want to force her to accept our help... she knows a lot more than me, things I might not remember, but at the same time I wish there was some way to fix things." Raven said quietly. Delores had still died in the timeline where they had all remembered from the start, so there was likely no way to save her, but that didn't change Tirza's problems.
Still watching the dogs, he lowered his voice. "Are you still thinking about going back to Zeta?" He asked under his breath, remembering what the other had said in the library.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Kail nodded in agreement, resting his hands on the bed and leaning back a bit. Though a lot had happened here, he wasn't quite sure whether being here was better than being back home. No one really hated him here as far as he knew, but either way it was really just a matter of time before he died here. Just like it was a matter of time before someone would come after him back home. But Raven was right. They had made a friend in each other, and the puppies were definitely an added bonus. Tilting his head as Raven brought up Tirza, his brow furrowed before he nodded. 
"It's hard to say what she'll do..." he said softly, glancing over at the other "I dont know as much as either of you... But there has to be a way to fix all this without her having to go back..." Of course he knew that he could have been wrong. Maybe there wasn't some other way to fix this, but the demon had mentioned some other way without going back. Kail let out a small sigh and closed his eyes as he tilted his head back some. The only thing he could really think of was going to talk to Zeta... But that wasn't necessarily going to fix any problems. If anything it could just cause more problems for Tirza and everyone else. 
Having been lost in his own thoughts, Kail jumped a little as he just barely heard Raven speak. He looked towards his friend and frowned "I don't know..." he replied softly, looking away. "Going to speak to him may help us. He may have an answer to what Tirza can do... But she's right too... He may not be in his right mind..." 

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:25 am

Raven nodded as the other replied. He didn't exactly think it was a safe idea anymore than Tirza seemed too, but the other might be right about Zeta being able to help them... if he was sane at the time. 'I don't remember much about Zeta. It was always you who got hurt... So Kayden and them never had the chance to take you away to Zeta like that before...not that I know of, anyway." He told the brunet, turning to look at the other. "Kail, if you do decide to try... please tell me, even if you don't want me to come with you for some reason. At least that way... someone will know what's going on if you don't come back.
Tirza's right about us needing to be more careful. I'm sorry I kept everything from you until now, and I know I'm not one to talk, or to tell you what to do... I just don't want you to get hurt if we can prevent it." He said, looking at his shoes quietly, feeling pretty awful about asking Kail to be careful after everything he'd tried to do on his own without letting the other know what was going on. "..And, If anything happens again, I... I'll try...I won't keep stuff from you." He said, meaning it, but hesitant to look back up at the other.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:41 am

The brunet looked down at him and listened as he spoke. He held his breath for a moment and nodded slowly. He didn't exactly want to tell the other if he did decide to go looking for Zeta, but he didn't want to risk Raven following after him even if he had told him to stay back here. It would probably be safer in one sense if he just allowed Raven to come with him. But if Zeta wasn't in his right of mind, it would likely only get the both of them killed. And Raven had been at his side through just about everything... It would feel wrong without him there. "It's... I'll tell you if I decide to go..." he said after a moment, looking back over at his friend. 
"You don't need to apologize, Raven... You had your reasons.." he told him, reaching over to place a hand on the other's shoulder "But regardless, you be careful too... I don't want you to end up hurt if it can be prevented either." He squeezed Raven's shoulder gently before removing his hand from his shoulder. "You don't have to tell me everything. You just shouldn't have to go through all that alone..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Jumping as the other put a hand on his shoulder from behind, Raven nodded quietly, looking back at Kail and easing up. "O...okay, I will." he replied, staring quietly at his shoes again as the other pulled his hand back. He took a shallow breath before pushing himself up off of the floor and moving to sit softly next to Kail on the bed. He rested his hands in his lap and watched the puppies for a few seconds, thinking over things. Should he say something to Kail? He had a thousand things to tell the other, but he felt like he needed to think about them before risking making a mistake. When he was around Kail, he felt was two people; who he'd been and who he'd become, and he couldn't settle his thoughts or emotions between the two anymore. Part of him wanted to be realistic; he and Kail were both emotional and insecure right now and in need of a friend... The feelings between them were only going to get both of them hurt. At one point he'd lose control again and hurt the other, maybe physically, and he was terrified of that. Kail just didn't know enough to hate him, but he would if he knew... And why should he trust anyone anyway? Even those he'd loved the most had broken his trust and hurt him and scarred him, how could he be certain Kail was different?
But an older part of him wanted to be loved, to put his trust in Kail and return to that innocence again, to be happy and without the irrational fear that Kail was going to bruise and break him if he did something wrong.
He glanced up to the other, realizing he'd been silent and lost in his thoughts again. He tired to at least say something. "...Kail..." He started, decided to just talk to the other. "A-about what you said earlier... at the library.. I... can we maybe... can we talk- about things?" He said awkwardly, fidgeting with his hands as he looked down at them nervously, his heart racing.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:41 am

Kail had pulled his hand away a bit sooner after he had felt the other jump. He hadn't meant to scare the other, or startle him or whatever had happened. Putting his hands on his lap as he looked down, he glanced over at the other as he felt him sit down next to him. Looking back down at the puppies, he played with the end of one of his sleeves, chewing on the inside of his cheek as they sat in silence. He wanted to say something, to make things a little less awkward than they probably were, but he didn't know what to say. There wasn't really a whole lot to say at the moment. Not that he could think of anyway.
Remembering what he had said in the library, Kail closed his eyes and let out a small sigh. While Raven had seemed to be okay with it, he wasn't really sure if the other was. For all he knew Raven was just trying to be nice and not hurt his feelings. He knew that this kind of the place probably wasn't the type of place to be falling for anybody, what with anything that could go wrong, especially considering the situation overall but he hadn't been able to help it. Raven had been there for him since the first day. Hell, he had basically risked his life for him at the communications tower.
But regardless of what had happened so far, he didn't want to have to go through the pain of loving someone again. None of them were guaranteed to live, even if Tirza could go back and fix things. And he had already gone through that once, and Raven had already almost been killed.
Jumping slightly as he heard the other speak, he looked over at him before quickly away as he brought up the library. "Uh... yeah of course..." he said quietly, refusing to look over at the other. "I'm uh... I'm sorry about that...I shouldn't have said anything..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:12 am

Raven hesitated. "No- you don't have to be sorry... I just don't-didn't know what to say to you, Kail." He replied quietly. "It's not anything you did or said... You've been really nice to me and... even though it's hasn't been that long, I'm really happy we became friends, and that we've made it this far. And...I..." He froze up again, looking down and blushing in embarrassment, biting his lip and trying to speak. "I-I do like you; I think you're really kind and cute and I want to get to know you better-" He blurted, his voice trembling, shrinking a little and scared to look up, he went on. "I-I'm just scared of- I'm scared to hurt you- o-or that I might mess things up or do something I don't mean or scare you or that you'd hate me if you knew what-what I've been part of." He explained quietly, still unable to look at the other boy.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:37 am

((omfgthesetwo))

Kail nodded slightly "It wasn't really the time to say anything though... You had enough on your plate with the whole Tirza thing..." he said softly, looking down to watch the puppies. He was rather surprised as Raven continued to speak. He had been about to open his mouth and agree with the fact he was happy that they had become friends, but stopped in his tracks as Raven continued on. He looked over at Raven as he listened to him, his face blushing a light red. This was the last thing he had expected Raven to admit. He thought that he himself would be sitting there just apologizing for what he had said. But now he couldn't even think if what to say. Raven actually liked him back? His heart raced in his chest as the other finished speaking. He shook his head after a moment "I..I would never hate you Raven...Regardless of what you may have been a part of..." he tried to reassure him gently. "I..I know I'm not ..really one to say much about... Any kind of Uh...relationships..." he spoke softly, looking away from him. "But... Those kind of things are things people are willing to put up with if they care about someone else..." he said, glancing back towards the other. "Even just being friends like we have been, you've already risked all of that..." 

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Raven was quiet as the brunet replied, telling him that he wouldn't hate him regardless of everything. As much as his heart was tugged by the other's words... He knew the boy didn't really understand. Whatever Kail might be imagining that he was capable if was probably far less horrifying than what he'd actually done. He didn't want to scare the other away, or tell him what he'd done, but Kail had the right to know. "Kail...I need you to understand... before you say that." He said softly, still staring down at his hands. 'I've done a lot of horrible things. Where I'm from, the world is in really bad shape, and there's not a lot of humanity left, so the government of my country did whatever it could to keep it's people brainwashed and under control. When I was a little kid, my country was supposedly bombed by a neighbouring federation, a lot of people were killed, including my family and my friends' families, and our government started a war with the federation in response. We continued to get bombed by smaller scale explosives constantly, and at one point a biologically engineered sickness swept through our remaining population and made almost everyone sick and infertile and killed a lot as well, and that was blamed on the federation as well. We were brought up to hate this other country and taught that they were the cause for all our hardship." He tried to explain the context of the situation, but felt like he was making excuses. "...I was against the war; we were suffering unnecessarily; we never had enough to eat, people who left for war never came back, our population was dwindling, innocent immigrants who'd come from the federation before the war were persecuted and the people didn't have any say in joining the war effort; we were recruited when we turned fifteen. I was foolish and idealistic when I was younger... I thought others would listen, that they would agree... I was marked as a deviant for speaking up against the war effort and helping an immigrant who I was friends with. I was turned on and arrested and spent six months of my life in a correctional facility having that idealism beaten out of me." He continued, trying not to let the memories become too real as he clasped his hands together. "When I turned fifteen, I was added to the stream of recruits from the city, but hadn't gone through any sort of rehabilitation after the torture; I was completely mentally unstable- I would become violent if something set me off or break down if someone touched me, I-I could barely function during training and I wasn't able to have normal conversation or make friends or understand things like I should have. It was the same for a lot of other kids who had been put in a similar situation. And then being thrust into combat and expected to fallow orders; it was like I didn't have a mind of my own..." He trailed off for a moment, swallowing the lump in his throat. "..I-I caused a lot of suffering with what I was part of, Kail... I killed people who were trying to defend their homes, I did so many things I know were wrong to stay alive, even though I just wanted to die, and then.. then I learned that all those bombings, the ones we had declared war for? The ones that killed my family? They were all fear mongering devices made by my own country. They bombed their own people to scare them into thinking we had a real enemy, to terrify us into rallying behind our government when there was no other reason to. The federation we were fighting was the victim, and their pain was all that had held my country's government together." His voice wavered as he spoke, the guilt tearing him to pieces. "I defected from the military not long before I was brought here. I learned the truth about everything from someone who had left my country years ago, and I tried to escape. But that doesn't change everything I've done- I doesn't mean I'm not capable of ending someone's life or hurting another human." He said quietly, visibly upset but trying to stay composed. "I- I would never try to hurt you, please believe me, but sometimes I don't realize what I'm even saying or doing, and things still set me off or I lose control or go through mood swings or get really angry or depressed over nothing... And as much as I'm glad to have met you, and no matter how much I-I care about you, how is it fair for me to ask you to forgive me and trust me when I can't do the same of myself?" Raven asked, his voice shaking as he refused to look up, wrapping his arms around his abdomen and wishing he could be smaller.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Kail took a deep breath as the other started to speak again. He honestly didn't care what the other may have done in the past. It was in the past, and that was that. He looked over at the other and had been about to let him know that he really didn't care what the other may have done, or what had happened, he wasn't going to hate him. But of course Raven carried on speaking, and the brunet let him. He frowned as he listened to the other speak. Kail had though that he himself had had it bad this whole time, but now that he was hearing Raven's story he saw that the other had had it a lot worse off than he had been. He had only lost one person while the other had ended up losing his whole family and likely most of the people he had known. But here the other was, having been by his side this whole way, having tried to fix things and even risking his life for him all while he had gone through so much...
As Raven continued to tell his story, Kail couldn't help but feel terrible for him. No one deserved that, especially not someone like Raven. Sitting in silence as he looked down at the floor, Kail tried to pay attention, though he found it hard as he struggled with the fact of what Raven had had to go through.
When Raven fell silent as he finished speaking, Kail finally looked back over at him. He hesitated for a moment, not to sure what exactly to say. He didn't want to say the wrong thing and make the other feel worse than he was, but he didn't want to just sit here in silence and say nothing. He shook his head after a moment and hesitantly placed a hand on Raven's shoulder, squeezing it gently. “.. I still don't hate you Raven...” he tried to reassure him gently, his voice quiet. “None of it was your fault...You weren't the one who caused the war. Like you said, it was like you didn't have a mind of your own. You were expected to follow their orders. You didn't have a choice.” While he knew that what he was saying didn't really make what Raven had done right, it really wasn't the other boy's fault. “All of us have the capability to kill or hurt someone else, regardless of if we have in the past or not. Watching as Raven wrapped his arms around himself, he frowned and squeezed his shoulder once more. He didn't want to do anything else to spoke the boy or make him uncomfortable. “Whether you think it's fair or not, I do trust you, and there's no reason for me to forgive you.... you haven't done anything wrong that I need to forgive you for...” he said softly, watching his friend closely. “I care about you, Raven. Like I told you, I'm not going to hate you, regardless of what's happened in the past.”

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Raven tensed up slightly as the other touched his shoulder again, but it was more from shock that Kail was still trying comfort him rather than reacting with awkward silence or fear or disgust. He listened quietly, wanting desperately to disagree with the other, but he remained voiceless as the other spoke. He felt enormous relief that Kail was still willing to care about him like that, that he still had a friend that liked him despite how much he hated himself. His eyes flicked up to the boy and back down again quickly as he squeezed his shoulder, he said nothing, listening and feeling tears spring up in his eyes again as the other finished. He wiped them away in embarrassment with the back of his wrist, nodding. "Th-thanks Kail." He replied, curling his hand gently over the other's. He wondered if Kail knew how much it meant to him that he would still stick by him like that. He tried to offer a weak smile of gratitude as he glanced back at the other. Suddenly feeling awkward staring back at Kail after all that, he lost his composure, his cheeks turning slightly pink before he got up quickly to check on the puppies. They had pretty much finished eating, and he ruffled Haekel's fur before patting the second and picking up the plate. "I-I should probably take care of the dog." He murmured.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Kail had been about to remove his hand from the other's shoulder as he felt him tense up under his touch. But he wanted to try and comfort him in some way, and hugging was probably out of the question. Things were awkward enough, he didn't need to make things even more awkward. The brunet frowned as he watched Raven rub his eyes with the back of his wrist. Kail gave his friend's shoulder's another gentle squeeze as he felt Raven place his own hand on top of his. "You're welcome Raven...and.. thank you for everything too..." he said quietly. Smiling back faintly as he looked down at his friend, he blinked as the other looked away before standing up. He looked down, his own cheeks turning a light shade of pink before Raven spoke up. He nodded slightly and looked up at him "I'll uh... stay here with the puppies..." he said quietly, glancing down at them. "If you need help with the dog... just let me know..." he offered.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Raven nodded. "I-I shouldn't be long." He said, dipping his head before closing the door. He found his way outside again and looked around for a shovel in a few of the abandoned buildings. When he had finally found one with a cracked spade, he turned and headed back towards where they had found the dog. He had to stop for a few moments, still exhausted and feeling dizzy, but tried digging into the ground. It was hard with frost, and he couldn't get more than a foot before deciding it wasn't going to work, he laid the shovel down before kneeling beside the dog's body, looking over it sadly and thinking. It would be wrong to leave it out here to just decay, but there was hardly any place to put it if the ground was frozen. Decidedly, he took his coat off and laid it on the snowy ground before shifting the animal into it and wrapping it up securely. He lifted the heavy form carefully and headed farther off of the campus in the direction away from the city. He came to a barren street surrounded by a stand of dead trees and set the bundle down, giving it a gentle pat before standing back and letting fire spring forcefully over it. The coat held it together until it was gone, and He stood back as the dog and coat dissipated into ash beneath the fire, and left nothing but cinders when the flames died in the fading daylight.
He walked back quietly, returning the shovel to it's building before entering the main building and shutting the door against the cold air and darkening sky as he shivered. He wondered if he could find a different coat lying around? He needed to find one before Kail froze himself to death trying to look after him.
What now? He wondered. They had to wait on Somnia's group to return for now... at least that was all he knew. It might be best to speak to Tirza, but after she'd been able to calm down some? He would at least check in with Kail first.... Then there was Kail... what had happened between them, then? They'd talked about things, but he wasn't sure what was supposed to happen next. Were they supposed to be in a relationship? Or hold hands or something? He turned red at the thought and shook it away. Would Kail know? What had he gotten himself into jumping in and confessing everything like that anyway? He swallowed, realizing he was standing still with his shaking hand on the door knob, and knocked before entering again.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Kail nodded slightly, watching as the other left. Once Raven was out of the room, Kail let out a sigh as he closed his eyes. He had no idea how to feel right now. He was beyond happy that Raven liked him as well, but he felt horrible and sick to his stomach just thinking about what the other had gone through before coming here. Opening his eyes, he slid down to sit on the floor before he stretched out, watching as the puppies wandered around the small room. He made sure that they stayed relatively close to him and the bed just in case Raven or someone else came into the room. He wondered briefly what was even going to happen after all of us. Not even with the fact of him and Raven, but with Tirza and everyone else. Somnia and her group still hadn't returned and he couldn't help but feel like at least a little bit of that could be his fault. Though the humans had seemed to know that they were going to be there, he figured that if he hadn't moved away from the tower that maybe the other's would have had a bit more of a chance. He knew that they didn't even really know if everyone was in fact okay, but it didn't stop him from worrying. Had they even thought about telling anyone that Delores had died the first day, it would have saved Tirza hopefully a little bit of trouble. He had to think about what Zeta had offered him, though he really didn't want to accept it, and maybe even think of some other way to help the other out with whatever it was he was trying to find out without having their souls merged together. The brunet still was debating on if he should go and talk to Zeta about finding some way to make sure that nothing horrible would happen where Delores had died, and he had no idea what was going to go on between him and Raven. Sure they had confessed their feelings for each other and spoken about it a little bit, but where things going to carry on like they had been before? Or was something more going to come of it? This sort of place wasn't really the sort of place to have a relationship in, what with everything that could do wrong(hey kail suck it up at least he probably won't cheat on you) in a place like that. Letting out a sigh, he reached out to one of the puppies "What am I going to do you guys?" he asked the puppies softly, though he knew that he wasn't going to get a response out of either of them. Jumping slightly as he heard a knock on the door, he looked up as Raven walked back in the room. He had been about to look back down at the puppies, but he noticed that the other's jacket was missing. His brow furrowed slightly and he pushed himself to sit up "What happened to your jacket?" he asked quietly, tilting his head to the side.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:03 am

Raven blinked at the question. God, Kail didn't miss a thing, did he? "Ah... Well. I wrapped the dog in it- I wasn't sure how long it had been dead- and if it was sick or something it wouldn't have been good to handle it." Mostly he had just felt sorry for it, dead or not, and would have felt wrong setting it on fire while he could see it's face or burying it without any protection from the cold earth, which was all sentimentality, he knew, but there had been the risk of disease, and he couldn't bring himself to be cold and logical around animals, anyway. "I'll try to find something else laying around, and I'm getting better at creating heat in smaller bursts, so I might not need it soon, anyway?" He explained, trying to be optimistic and hoping Kail wouldn't be too annoyed at his idiocy. "So.. what now?" He asked, standing against the door and watching the other. The question was sort of open-ended; there were a thousand things he didn't have the answer to, but he wasn't sure what to even figure out next. What was between them? Should they do something to help Tirza? Should they seek out Zeta or one of the others for help? Was there anything they could do for Somnia from here? After all there was no radar to worry about now... He hoped the other might have some idea.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 am

Kail stood and sat down on the edge of the bed after having brushed off any dirt that may have been on his jacket or pants. He listened to Raven as he explained what had happened to his jacket. He shook his head slightly as the other told him where it had been. "That's true enough, but I'm sure coming back to get a sheet or something would have been a little bit smarter," he said, smiling faintly up at the other. "I'm glad that you were at least thinking about that fact that it could have been sick or something... burning your coat on the other hand..." He tilted his head a bit as Raven spoke about being able to create smaller bursts of heat now, so maybe it wasn't going to be as bad. He saw where the other was coming from, but he would have felt better if the other had just kept the coat and found something else to carry the dog in. "At least you can make heat a little better... but it would still be a good idea to try and find a coat... We don't know what the winter's are like here..." Kail glanced down towards the puppies as he finished speaking before he heard Raven's question. He stayed silent for a moment, not to sure how to answer. The other hadn't really been specific, and there was so much going on that Raven could have meant any of it. The brunet took a deep breath after a moment and looked up at Raven "I don't know... There's just so much going on..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:45 am

Raven looked down, feeling a little embarrassed. Kail had every right to be upset with him; he was always cold and the other constantly looked out for him and tried to keep him warm, and he'd just been careless enough to loose his jacket. "Uh, yeah... I know. It wasn't the best thing to do, sorry." Raven replied, glancing at the other. "I'll figure something out, I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, D-don't worry about giving me your jacket or anything though- I was the one who was stupid enough to loose it, so..." He trailed off and hesitated as the other didn't seem to know any more than him about what came next. He nodded. "I-I think It might be best to wait to talk to Tirza, she was really upset, so maybe we should give her time to calm down before trying to ask her about things?" He suggested quietly, picking up a sleepy looking Haekel in his arms, holding the small puppy to his chest as it gave a whining yawn. "Maybe we should sleep? It's been a long day; last night wasn't exactly restful, and you've been up looking after me until yesterday." He said quietly. "You can take the bed tonight, if you want?" He offered, looking up at the other as he scratched behind Haekel's ears, shifting on his feet.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:05 am

Kail frowned a bit as Raven apologized. He hadn't meant to make the other feel like he needed to apologize, or to feel bad about having burnt the coat. "Raven it's okay... I'm not upset or anything because you burnt your coat..." he told him, his brow furrowing a bit as he looked at the other. "You don't have to apologize." He figured that he could find another jacket or something for himself and give Raven his own for the time being. It would be a lot warmer than anything that the other could probably find here, and a light jacket would be fine for himself. "I don't mind lending you my jacket... I can find another one for now. Mine'll be a lot warmer for you," he offered, chewing on the inside of his cheek. He knew that Raven was going to protest, but he didn't care. Listening as Raven spoke about Tirza, he nodded. Waiting a little while to talk to Tirza again would give her time to hopefully calm down a little, and him time to go and try to find Zeta, if he did decide to sneak off to go and find the strange man. He still hadn't completely decided yet. Watching as Raven picked up Haekel, he nodded slightly. "Sleep sounds good right about now..." he admitted lightly as he stood up and stretched. He shook his head as Raven offered him the bed "You can have the bed. I'm fine with sleeping on the floor or something," he said with a shrug.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:23 am

Raven shook his head slightly as the other offered his coat, but didn't feel like debating it now; he appreciated the offer, but it didn't feel right to take Kail's coat like that. As the boy spoke again, he glanced at the other in mock annoyance as he refused the bed, a small amused smile on his face. This again? He knew where this was going. They were both going to argue until they gave up and both ended up on the floor, shivering and sure to be stiff in the morning. The only difference was that Astrum wasn't here to add to the dispute. While the bed didn't seem like an awful option, he would much rather Kail have a good sleep after everything rather than sleep on the chair or the floor again; it got painful after a while and it wasn't good for you. He knew he wasn't really any better off- his ankle and side and wrist were still covered in bandages and hurt badly from where Zeta's dog had bit into him, but Kail needed to rest once an a while too.
He shrugged, looking at the other. "Why don't we just share it then, instead of arguing. The puppies will be warmer that way too?" He suggested with a slightly mumbled voice, glancing down and trying not to look as embarrassed as he was to ask that. He set Haekal down near the pillows and scooped up the second puppy, putting it next to it's littermate. He then untied and slipped off his boots, setting them at the foot of the bed.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:42 am

Glad that Raven wasn't going to argue about the coat right yet, Kail smiled sheepishly at the other  as he watched him look a bit annoyed, though he hoped an figured he wasn't completely annoyed at him with the small smile on his face. There was no way though that he was going to give in and just take the bed. Raven needed it more than he did. Sure he was tired and the bed was definitely welcoming, but he hadn't been injured the previous night or he hadn't been shot at the tower. 
He opened his mouth to argue with the other on the matter, but he stopped as Raven suggested that they just share the bed instead. He felt his cheeks grow warm as they blushed a light pink, causing him to quickly look away. Kail watched for a moment as Raven set Haekel down near the pillows before he nodded slightly "I... I guess we could..." he replied after a moment. There wasn't anything wrong with sharing a bed. And besides, he doubted that Raven was going to try and do anything, and he knew he himself surely wouldn't. Kneeling down, he untied his own boots before slipping them off and setting them by the foot of the bed as well. Kail glanced over at the other before quickly down at the puppies "Did...did you want to sleep in the back or closer to the front edge...?" he asked quietly, glancing at Raven out of the corner of his eyes. 

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:48 am

Raven tensed up at the other blushed, worried the other had taken it the wrong way or something judging by his reaction. It had been pretty common where he lived to end up sharing a bed with a friend or a stranger or even a dog to keep yourself and them from freezing overnight- did that sort of offer mean more where Kail was from? "Hey- I didn't mean anything by it! It's just cold, and that way neither one of us has to sleep on the floor, and y'know-" He got out half defensively, now flustered himself. "-A-and, you don't have too if it makes you uncomfortable or something...sorry...It was just an idea." He tried to explain softly, uncertain now and feeling a bad for bursting out like that. "I-I'll take against the wall- that way if you have to get up you won't be stuck." He offered, moving to sit with his back against the wall and bringing his legs up to his chest before pulling the covers up a little over himself.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum