Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

3 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 7 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by FictionalPieces Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Kail waited in silence as he watched the two before him. What was going on?
As Raven refused to turn and look at him, his fear only grew. Watching with wide eyes as Tirza's face lost color and she took off, Kail turned his attention to Raven once more "R...Raven..." he repeated, his voice starting to shake. Looking down at the other as he finally turned around to look at him, he listened to Raven before the other apologized. "Y...You don't... have to be sorry..." he said softly. He knew that he apologized all the time for things he didn't even do, but this was different. He knew that he likely would have done the same thing if he had been the one to find the journal instead of Raven. After all, it's what he had been trying to do so far anyway, even without knowing about this whole thing. Though they hadn't really been here that long. Or well... It didn't seem like they had been here that long. He had no idea how many times things had had to be reset. But regardless, Raven meant the world to him. He would do anything to keep the other safe. 
Though he understood why Raven had kept the journal and all of this from him, he wished that the other would have told him. 
Looking down at the ground, Kail's brow furrowed as he continued to listen. Raven coming back to read the journal would have explained why he hadn't seem him upon waking up in the middle of the night. If course then he had just assumed he had gone for a walk, to to the bathroom or something. He hadn't even thought to get up and go look for him. 
As the communication tower was brought up, his heart dropped as Raven went on. Looking at him with a frown, he shook his head slightly "You could have died too...  You were injured badly enough  as it was..." he spoke softly, trying to stop his voice from shaking. 
"I... I don't blame you for not telling me... I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to remember all of those things..." Taking a shaky breath, he shook his head "But... You should have at least told me something... So you didn't have to go through this alone.." Hearing Raven's voice break as he spoke, along with the anguish in his voice, Kail felt a few tears come to his own eyes. With Delores dead... It meant they'd have to go back again. But even then, who was to say that things would turn out exactly like they had. What if him and Raven weren't friends, or anything else that had happened, didnt happen? Noticing the tears in Raven's eyes, he tried to blink away his own tears before he hesitantly took a step forward and placed a hand gently in Raven's shoulder "Whatever happens... If you still remember if we go back... You dont have to go through it alone..." he tried to reassure him softly. "I'm always going to be here for you...." he paused and bit the inside of his cheek. "I...I.. Uh... I...I'm probably being selfish... And ... And im probably just clinging to the fact you've been so kind..." he glanced down to the ground before taking a step back, his face red with embarrassment. "And this probably isn't the best time... B...but I..I like you, Raven... Probably more than I should..." he finished with a whisper, hiding most of his face in his fur and tensing up, ready for the other to hit him or something. "I... I'm sorry... P..please don't hate me...  I just wanted you... You to know that no matter what... Y..you don't have to go through anything alone..." 

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real - Page 7 Empty Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 am

Raven's looked away in self hatred as Kail forgave him so quickly. How could the other just let it go like that? He'd lied to him, he'd treated him coldly, and hadn't returned the same trust or that Kail had given him. He had a thousand problems and Kail was putting up with all of them; he didn't deserve that.
He swallowed, unable to meet the other's eyes as he reached out and touched his shoulder, offering to be there for him. He shook his head quickly, his eyes shut against it. "You don't owe me anything, Kail, I-"
The boy's stopped and listened as the brunet spoke again, gradually looking up as Kail continued.
He couldn't breathe, only shaking more as Kail blushed in embarrassment, looking almost scared as he went on. He felt his heart leap and break all at the same time, overwhelmed with all the emotions. He stood in silent shock for a few seconds before Kail asked him not to hate him.
He shook his head numbly, glancing at the boy as he hid behind his coat collar, he looked so afraid. "Kail..." He replied softly, unable to do anything else. "...I...I don't hate you... I-It's alright..." He trailed off, feeling lost and unable to really answer Kail's confession. What was he supposed to say? Kail was making a mistake; Raven had suppressed his feelings up to this point because he knew letting them out was only going to get him, or Kail, hurt. He was an emotional train wreck, and sometimes he lost control of his physical reactions too; Kail had no idea what he was getting himself into by trying to take care of him like this. And what did he know about loving someone? He'd spent the his life struggling just to stay alive and unable to trust. He hadn't even kissed anyone yet.
But how was he supposed to tell Kail he was wrong to feel that way, or reject the other after he'd been brave enough to say those things?
He nodded slightly, trying to speak as he looked at the boy, conflicted. "I-if something happens again... I won't lie to you, I promise... T-thank you, for everything... Kail, I..." His voice died away, his reply barely audible as he remained unable to finish. He wasn't use to this sort of kindness, and found it hard just to breathe with everything he was feeling. "...W-we'll get through this some how." He glanced to the side, taking in a shaky breath. "...I- I have to talk to Tirza, and see if we can fix this before it's too late." He said, his voice still tense and uncertain. He took a step in Tirza's direction, glancing back hesistantly to see if the other was going to fallow.
It felt wrong to reply only like this to everything Kail had said, but if he didn't focus on one thing at a time, he was scared he was going to fall apart.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:56 pm

Kail refused to look up from the ground as he stood in silence, afraid of what was to come. Maybe it hadn't really been that good of an idea to bring this up. He was even surprised that he had been able to do it. It had been different when Yuki had confessed his feelings first. The brunet tensed up more as the other said his name, he waited for the other to say something and just walk off. He wouldn't blame the other if he did.
Upon hearing that the other didn't hate him, Kail relaxed and let out a small sigh of relief. "I.. I'm sorry..." Regardless of if the other boy said he didn't hate him, and that it was alright, he felt bad for having even brought it up at a time like this. Raven was going through enough as it was.
As the other went on about if something else happened, and the fact that they'd find a way to get through this, as well as having to talk to Tirza, Kail's shoulder's sagged a little. He hadn't really been expecting a reply of any kind from the other. Who was he to say anyway that the other had to feel anything for him? He had been nice enough to at least put up with him and become friends. But regardless, it still hurt in a way to have the other almost brush it off, not that he really blamed him with everything else that was going on. Standing up a bit straighterkail no stop that's impossible nothing about you is straight and trying to brush it off, he attempted to swallow the lump in his throat as he nodded "R..Right..." he replied, trying to stop his voice from shaking. "I'll uh... I'll just go... find the other's or something..." he muttered, chewing on the inside of his cheek.
Kail watched as Raven took a step in the direction that Tirza had run off to. He dipped his head slightly "Good luck... if uh... you need anything...just come and find me..." he said softly before taking a step back before turning and hesitantly walking out of the library.
Once outside, he wrapped his arms around himself as he looked around. Well that had been a mistake... Glancing over his shoulder, he debated on going back inside to help Raven and Tirza attempt to figure this out, but at the same time he wanted to give Raven his space. Shoving his hands into his pockets, the brunet let out a sigh as he started to walk, his gaze staying pointed down towards the ground as he made his way back to the main building. Surely by now everyone had gone inside and out of the snow. And if not, he'd walk around or just go up to the room and lay down for a while.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 am

Raven couldn't find anything to say as Kail turned and walked out of the library, looking miserable, and just stood there, looking after the other silently. He swallowed and turned to find Tirza, but could barely make it a few steps before feeling like his feet were nailed to the floor, his stomach twisting in dread.
I should go after him. The boy looked back, concerned and feeling guilty, but there was no time to waste; if he didn't start figuring things out quickly, then Tirza might go back before he had a chance/
Overwhelmed and indecisive, he remained motionless, his fists clenched at his sides.
Everything he was doing was to protect Kail, but he'd become so caught up in his worry only to hurt the other more.
Regardless, he had to think of the long term... he could try to talk to Kail later.
He took another step forward and froze again, as if it was a physical struggle to walk forward. He shut his eyes, his fingers curling tighter.
Move, you're just making things worse on both sides by hesitating. Kail will be get over it. He urged himself mentally, and moved to find Tirza, making it a whole four steps before turning on his heel and rushing out into the winter air.
"Kail!" He called, running up the path, barely feeling the pain the exertion caused in his damaged body as he finally caught up with the other just before the main building. "Kail, wait-" He slowed down, reaching the other, his breath escaping his pale clouds as he stopped before the boy, looking only further disheveled with his tired state and the fresh blood that was soaking the calf of his boot again.
"Please don't go." He said, his voice soft. "I-I do need you-I mean- I need something!- I-.." Raven stammered, clearly embarrassed and flustered, though his face was deathly pale rather than flushed. "I-..." He looked down, as if he had lost his words to the snowy ground, and hesitated. "..I'm not good at this Kail..." He got out, glancing up at the other, his eyes pleading and flickering with uncertainty. "It's not you, It's not your fault.. I don't want to hurt you- I just... I just don't know how to feel things right anymore, and I'm scared to try." He admitted, meeting the other's eyes, not sure if he was even making sense or just making Kail feel worse. "Please don't feel like I don't want you beside me anymore-... I want to get through this, together.. If you... If you're willing to put up with me still." He finished, feeling lightheaded from what it had taken to say those things. He was still painfully uncertain about his feelings for the brunet, but he didn't want to loose him.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Kail took his time walking through the snow and to the main building. Even if the other's were outside still throwing snow around and having fun, he didn't really feel like being around them right now. He didn't want to bring the rest of their moods down.
About to walk up the steps to the main building, he blinked and turned around as he heard Raven call his name and tell him to wait. His brow furrowed slightly as he turned around to look at him. Hadn't he been going to talk to Tirza about this whole thing? Glancing behind the other to see if the demon was following. Maybe they already had talked? Not seeing her, he turned his attention back to Raven. Noticing how pale he looked, he frowned slightly before he listened to him speak.
The brunet stayed silent as he watched the other stumble over his words. As Raven hesitated, he opened his mouth to tell the other that it was fine, and that he didn't have to come looking for him. Though not getting a chance as the other continued, he looked down at him and listened in silence. "Raven, it's okay..." he said softly. He debated on stepping forward and placing his hands on the other's shoulders and try to reassure him that it was fine, but he didn't want to get to close to the other and make him uncomfortable. He didn't really know what to say. It wasn't really like he was apologizing, so he couldn't really tell him that there was no need to be sorry. "No one ever said that you had to be good at this... or anything..." he told the other gently. "I'm sorry that I sprang that on you...you're going through so much already..." He glanced down for a moment before back up at Raven, offering the other a faint smile.
"Of course I'm still willing to put up with you..." he told him. "You've been willing to put up with me this long..." He may have gotten along with other of the children, but Raven really was the one that was always there next to him, and he was the only one he had told about his past and everything else. "Don't ever worry about me not wanting to put up with you..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:56 pm

As Kail told him it was ok and seemed to understand, Raven nodded hesitantly, glancing back up at the other as he replied, feeling relief and concern among the mix of emotions. "I... Thank you Kail... I just..." He trailed off. He had so many things to say but his uncertaintly was damning it all up, and he needed time to think before trying to talk everything out with the other. Kail was the closest thing to a friend he'd had, and he didn't want to hurt him or make Kail feel like he wasn't wanted, but it was more than that, he knew he felt something more than just amity towards the brunet, but he was scared to express it for fear of where it would lead and what pain it might cause...He tried to focus, his fists clenching slightly. "I don't know what's going to happen now. Tirza might try to go back again, but there's a chance to help her fix things and maybe find another way." He told the other. "If there isn't a solution, then... Things might change next time... we might not speak to each other... the communications tower might turn out completely different...Or everything could work out okay." He explained anxiously, looking away.
"But this... it might be goodbye, I don't know... so I didn't want to leave you like that." He added softly. "I have to go back now, before it's too late... If... things might end up getting unpleasant, so I won't blame you if you want to be somewhere else... it might be best that way.." Raven wasn't sure what else to say as he looked back up at Kail uncertainly. He wasn't so much afraid to go back in to Tirza alone, or to die if it came to that, he was just scared of the result, of how everything would end up, but it wasn't fair to ask Kail to suffer through it with him, so he dipped his head a little in goodbye, feeling there was nothing more he could say as he turned, less than ready to leave without the other, but it wouldn't be right to drag Kail any farther into everything. He tried not to think about everything that was going to happen after he found Tirza.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:40 pm

"There's no need to thank me..." he replied, shaking his head slightly. He hadn't exactly done anything other than possible make things awkward between the two of them, and try to keep the other safe, which had caused problems of it's own. The brunet nodded his head as the other spoke about not knowing what was going to happen now. He didn't really want things to change next time. Or well, as long as it concerned his friendship with Raven. He really was the only one who was willing to put up with him as far as he was concerned, and while it may be someone else if they did end up going back, and while he wouldn't remember any of this, he didn't care. "Regardless of what happens if we have to go back... I... I'm sorry for anything I may do... I know it's pointless to apologize because things may not change, and you may not even remember but..."
Looking down at him as he said that it may be goodbye, he glanced down at the ground for a moment. "T..thank you... it means a lot..." he said before taking a deep breath. He didn't really want to stick around in case they did have to go back. He wasn't to sure he could go through with seeing Raven be killed, regardless of if it was for the better. Watching as Raven turned and started to walk off, Kail looked down before a moment before he followed after Raven, jogging to catch up with him. "I.. I'll go with you..." he told the other, looking over at him. "I may not know everything about this whole thing... but you don't need to go through this alone, and I don't intend on letting you go through it alone..." he told him, glancing away. He had no idea what he could possibly help with, but it was worth a shot. Keeping his gaze down at the ground as he walked next to the other, trying to think of anything that he could. Surely if Zeta thought that he could successfully merge their souls, there was a way to save everything without having to go back in time. Stopping in his tracks, he looked up at Raven "W..Wait..." he said, blinking as he looked at him. "Surely there's a way... I.. if Zeta thinks that he can merge our souls... there has to be a way to maybe find someone else that could take over for Delores..." he suggested, watching Raven.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Raven was a little conflicted and confused as Kail decided to go with him, he stopped and waited for the other to come up and walked beside him. It wasn't that he hadn't thought the other might, but whatever happened probably wasn't going to be a lighthearted series of events. He hoped for the other's sake that things wouldn't end with violence. He looked up at the other briefly as he spoke, again rendered silent as Kail chose to stick with him. He nodded quietly, knowing he probably wouldn't be able to discourage the other, and genuinely grateful for Kail's kindness and loyalty.
As Kail stopped and told him to wait, he turned, listening curiously.
He wasn't really sure what Kail was thinking, but nodded again hesitantly. "Y-yeah. there might be some connection. We should bring that up to her if she's willing to listen." He agreed.
He entered the library quickly with the other, his first couple foot steps leaving a small bit snow and blood from his injured ankle behind. He tried to stay close to Kail as Tirza came into sight, fretting over her notebook.
He approached her cautiously. "Tirza?" He asked, hesitantly.
"I need to talk to you... Maybe we can help, please... We aren't going to tell the others, about everything that's happened... But maybe there's another way, or something I can tell you to make things easier." He suggested gently, still wary, but trying to console rather than stress her out more. It was hard enough for him just to remember, but Tirza... she'd had to do this all alone, there had been no relief of forgetting.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Tirza didn't look up when the boys came in. She felt completely numb with the exception of the sick feeling in her stomach. "how long have you known?" she asked quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. It hadn't taken her very long to figure out what she had to do. Her counterpart had died on the first day, before she had gone back to fix several things, and if she went back now... all of those times would have meant nothing.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Raven hesitated, but didn't try to hide anything. "I've known since the first couple days. And two time times ago- I wasn't completely dead when you went back. And I remembered. That's why I acted differently last time. This time, I accidentally bumped the journal when I was in the library with Kail. It fell out and I saw things in it before I realized what it was. I'm sorry I read further into it. I didn't remember anything, and when I saw our deaths written out... " He trailed off, looking off to the side. "I started to remember things, about the other times, and I thought I could change it without disturbing everything that had worked. That's why I went with Kail to the communications tower. I thought that if I at least protected him long enough or died instead, Somnia and her group could get through, and they did. I didn't know about Delores until now, none of us realized it with everything else going on... I'm sorry. " He added, not moving from where he stood, he didn't want to get close encase she acted out violently. If they had to go back, if he was going to die, he was prepared to do it on his own terms rather than by Tirza's hand; the latter would only escalate the situation and make things worse for Kail. "I think it was Nixon who killed her... He and Zeta were after us... and, it wasn't Zeta." He paused, glancing back up at the other. "...Are you... are you going to turn time back again?" He asked quietly
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:00 am

"No" she said roughly after a moments thought, the word coming out like a sigh. "It would  be pointless now. She died right at the beginning of all this, meaning everything I've...fixed wouldn't mean anything anymore and i'd have to start over from scratch." Fixed came out almost as a hiss. She hated that word. She hated what she had to do to get everyone this far. Everyone but her own counterpart that is.  Every other word seemed to burn in her mouth like acid, making the calm she felt seem even stranger to her. /maybe this is what doom feels like/ she thought absently. Tirza moved from where she had been bent over the desk staring at the papers covered in her scrawl all over the place, to stand up straight, still not facing the boys. "There is one other way to make sure time doesn't disappear along with me, though i had hoped to avoid it."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Kail nodded his head as Raven mentioned bringing it up to Tirza. He just hoped that she was willing to listen to them. No matter how many times they had already had to go back, going back to the very beginning of this whole mess was a completely different thing. It would mean whatever she had already fixed had the chance to screw up again.
Following along beside Raven, he tensed as they grew closer to Tirza. He wasn't exactly afraid of her, more worried about what she was planning on doing. Standing next to Raven as his friend spoke to the demon, he chewed on the inside of his cheek as he allowed the two of them to finish speaking.
"L..Last night... we were with Zeta... we weren't lost..." he started softly, watching her with his brows furrowed. "His times running low, and he still has things he wants to get settled before he dies... he... offered I guess... me the chance to merge our souls... He also told us that our powers come from these.. things inside of us, as opposed to us being the ones who actually have the powers.." he started, speaking softly. "W..would something like that not work for this? I don't mean merging your soul with another person... but if the power isn't just... contained within one person... then surely there has to be a way that someone can pass it on to another person if something like this were ever to happen..." he suggested, frowning.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Raven was both relieved and concerned as Tirza went on. What other way? If she had known about it and had still chosen going back and killing everyone so many times over that second choice, it couldn't have been a easy or risk free thing to do. He was surprised as Kail spoke, worried that it might not be a good idea to tell her about Zeta... but then, if there was anyone who needed to know, it was her. He glanced over at his friend as the other explained his idea, about moving the... what had Zeta called it? A Revenant? From body to body. That actually made some sense... but then... "But... Zeta said they move from their old host to their new one out of choice, and if part of it was in Delores, surely it's left her body by now? Bu How would you change it's path to a new body regardless?" He asked, looking between the two, not even sure if it was possible. Though, if the revenants were likes souls, like Zeta had said, and souls could leave and enter bodies, maybe Kail was onto something.
He remembered zeta had mentioned that few of the demons knew about the things inside them... did Tirza know or would she be completely confused?
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Kail waited in silence after he had finished speaking, watching Tirza as he waited for her reply. Looking over at Raven, he nodded slightly "It may not be able to happen... It's just an idea... But there has to be some way..." he said, looking between the two of them. Whatever Tirza's second option may have been, it didn't exactly seem like something all that well if she hadnt used it yet, and right now, this was all he could think of. "We don't know what these things can completely do, Raven... We don't know if it being out in the open makes it harmless, or if it's going to make things worse if they all decide to wake up.." Despite how awful the man had been for the most part, Kail was starting to wish that Zeta hadn't taken off to do his own thing. Whatever was left of his mind was definitely needed, especially if the male knew what they could do. Turning his attention to Tirza once again, he frowned. "I... I'm sorry I can't be of much other help besides throwing some ideas around... But that's all I have..." Of course he could always go back and speak to Zeta, but he couldn't exactly count on the other to be in a good mindset this time around. Last night had just been luck. Taking a deep breath, he held it for a moment as he closed his eyes "I... I can go and try to talk to Zeta... He has to know something that's
Useful..." 
so much for waiting for madi lol

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Tirza looked up at the boys at the mention of Zeta. What exactly had that paranoid idiot told them? "Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? Zeta is very rarely in his right mind since he left and it can change in an instant! Honestly! you know what I have to do when I go back and yet you insist on getting yourself killed!" She cried a second before she realized what she had done. Oh crap, the lack of sleep was starting to get to her, and this stress wasn't helping. She muttered an apology and rubbed her eyes with the heels of her palms, both waking herself up a bit and wiping away the beginnings of tears. "I have some books to find. Excuse me." she said, pushing past the boys, refusing to look them in the eyes. She wasn't sure she could handle that right now.

Last edited by melodiousmysteries on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Raven took a quick step back as she pushed past. He was frustrated at first; how could they help her when she wasn't willing to listen to them?
He took a breath, remembering how much she'd been through, and said nothing. He glanced over at Kail. "It's not you're fault, you were just trying to help, she's going through a lot right now." He said softly, trying to assure the other encase the yelling had hit a nerve. He fallowed after Tirza slowly, but kept a distance to let her have her space as he approached again, glancing up at her. "We'll leave now if you want... just know that we're here to help you if you want it... You don't have to go through his all alone, Tirza." He said softly, before starting to turn away.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Kail blinked as she yelled at him, taking a small step back. Being yelled at wasn't anything new, but he was a bit shocked by the sudden outburst, not that he blamed her for it. This whole thing couldn't have been easy on her. The brunet watched her run off before he turned his attention to Raven, nodding his head a bit. "I understand..." he replied as he walked behind him a little ways. Stopping behind him, he watched and listened in silence as Raven spoke before he backed up as Raven turned around. He debated on going back out to try and find Zeta to talk to him about what they could do, but he wasn't even sure what Tirza was planning if she didn't plan on going back in time. She was right. Zeta likely wouldn't be in his right mind now. He supposed that he could wait out until he maybe was, but would it be wise to sneak off after they were already in trouble with Alpha? He glanced over at Raven, chewing on the inside of his cheek. He didn't want to have to drag Raven into that once more, but he didn't want to just slip away without at least someone knowing where he was going, and he doubted that Raven would just sit by quietly and allow him to go out and seek the other.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:33 am

Deciding to give Tirza some space, Raven backed off to leave with Kail. He hoped she would accept their help before she did anything, and while he felt a little relieved to know she wasn't going to go back again, he was still very concerned about what she had meant and if she was going to be okay. He glanced back, not sure if Kail was fallowing. He worried that the boy was going to try to find Zeta again, and didn't like the idea of that. Zeta had been kinder last night, but if it had changed... And besides, Kail had been beside him with barely any sleep for days; he needed time to rest.
While he didn't feel in the best shape either after last night and with the exhaustion still hanging over him, He wondered if maybe he should seek out Sliet or something to get his mind off of things.
Then there was everything Kail had said... He was scared to face things or confront the other about his own feelings of Kail's, even though he knew he was just making both of them feel worse like this. He turned slightly to say something when he caught sight of something in the grass.
He froze at the sight of a clawed foot and dark fur, but hesitated at the lack of movement.
It was a dog, and for a few bitter moments, he thought it was one of the apparitions that fallowed Zeta around so readily. He watched for a few seconds, but the creature was just lying there with snow and frost covering it's musky fur.
Raven walked over cautiously and and swallowed, kneeling down beside the thing, but it was clearly dead, though it hadn't been there for long.
He turned it over gently, uncertain of what was wrong with the animal, but it seemed to have simply died from sickness or hunger. He stood up, feeling sad about the whole thing, and brushed his hands off, wondering where it had come from; this was the first sign of life he'd seen in this place.
While thinking, he noticed soft noises and tensed up again, glancing around.

Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:01 am

Kail backed up as he noticed Raven doing the same. He had debated on turning and walking off as Raven had finished speaking to her to go and find Zeta, but figured it was best to just stay there. He didn't want to worry the other, not at a time like this. While Tirza apparently didn't plan on going back to try and fix things where Delores had been killed the first day there, he didn't think that it was a wise idea to go out and get himself killed and cause even more trouble for the demon. She had already gone through so much, he didn't need to add any more stress on her. Following alongside Raven, he shoved his hands into his pockets, staying in silence. Things just kept getting worse and worse...
Looking up as he noticed Raven had turned a little bit, he tilted his head to the side before noticing the other freeze. Following his friend's gaze, his brow furrowed as he noticed the dog laying in the grass. At first glance he thought that it may have been the dog of Zeta's that had seemed so interested in him, but why would it follow him here? Realizing that it was in fact an actual dog, he carefully walked towards it with Raven, standing behind the other as he knelt. It was strange to see something that had once been living. He had thought that any animals that may have survived the initial destruction of the city would have died by now, but this one obviously hadn't been here that long.
Looking around to see if there was anything else before he heard some noises and saw something not to far from the dead dog. Carefully moving towards it, his frown only deepened as he noticed that there were a few puppies. He carefully knelt down, looking back at Raven "Come here..." he said quietly as to not scare the puppies.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:22 am

Raven glanced up from the half-frozen animal as Kail called him over in a hushed voice. Curious, he walked over the nearby abandoned building where the other hand stopped and knelt. "What's th-" He stopped and crouched beside Kail, feeling both shock and awe jump through him as the sight of the tiny dogs. He tried to contain the urge to call out to them, worried they might be feral or two nervous to approach easily, but they looked small enough that they wouldn't have learned to fear people.
The dead dog was likely their parent, and he felt immediately for the little creatures. How long had they been without food or care? They were too young to fend for themselves, but he doubted that the others would take kindly to them bringing dogs back, especially at a time like this?
What was he thinking?
These were damn puppies.
They couldn't just leave them out here in the cold.
Laying on his stomach to appear as harmless as possible, he crawled forward a little with careful motions as the two dogs seemed to take notice, tilting heads and sniffing. He reached his hand out slightly for them to smell and gently petted one's shoulder with the tips of his fingers.
They seemed okay, if a little cold, and he was scared to startle them, and glanced back at Kail as if asking what to do.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:37 am

Kail had looked back towards the puppies after he had called Raven over. Looking up at him as he walked over, he placed a finger against his own lips to tell the other to be quiet. He didn't want to startle the puppies and have them take off. They wouldn't last long on their own out there, especially once night fell. And if no creature got a hold of them then they would surely starve to death. He looked back over at the dead dog in the grass as Raven slowly tried to get closer to the dogs. Turning to look back at him, he sat down as opposed to standing up. Noticing Raven look at him, he frowned "We can't just leave them out here..." he said softly, looking at the puppies once more. Carefully and slowly moving forward until he was next to his friend, he held his hand out flat "They won't last long by themselves... And it doesn't look as if they have anyone else to look after them..." Gently scratching behind one of the puppies ears after it had sniffed at his hand, he glanced down at Raven "S...Should we keep them?" he asked, his brow staying furrowed. They didn't really have anywhere to keep them besides the small room that Raven had been staying in, or the one they had once shared with Astrum, but he didn't know if the other would appreciate having puppies brought back. He wasn't sure how anyone would feel ... But it's not like anyone had to know....

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:00 am

"We can figure something out." He said softly, petting the two tiny clumps of fur lovingly as they seemed to warm up to them relatively quickly. "I don't eat breakfast anyway- they can have that-" He brought up, already going over in his head how they could take care of the little things. He felt like he was melting when they bumbled into his hand and got close to his face. He gently experimented with picking on of them up to see how they would react, but they seemed far from afraid, if curious, and the other walked about him and Kail as if looking for food. The one Raven held nibbled playfully at his finger, little paws clawing as his knuckles. "They.. they'll have to stay with us though- or they'll get too cold at night." He said, thinking and looking at the puppies with concern. He wondered how Sliet would react if he told her... Would she be angry? He couldn't really imagine her telling them to leave them outside in the cold... but he wasn't certain it was a good idea; he could picture Alpha doing that. "Maybe we should take them to the room we were in, so they can at least get warm? We can hide them under our coats to sneak them in for now maybe?" He suggested quietly, not wanting to leave them out here, helpless and cold.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:26 pm

"I don't eat all of my breakfast most mornings, so whatever's left over from that they can have too." Smiling softly as he watched the two puppies move closer to Raven, he tilted his head as the other picked it up. He had expected the puppy to struggle and was surprised when it seemed more curious than anything. Watching the second puppy wander around, he nodded "I'm sure we could find some extra blankets or something that we could make a bed for them..." Realizing that the puppies would probably bark and draw attention to themselves being there, he chewed on the inside of his cheek. "What are we going to do about them barking and making noise?" he asked, looking over at Raven. "Sneaking them in should be no problem if no one's around...but they're going to bark and get into things..." Surely no one would be to angry at them for bringing dogs into the building, as long as no one was allergic anyway... Besides, it wasn't the worst thing that had happened so far in their time here.. "We should get them back now though before it gets any colder."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Raven nodded hesitantly, there were a lot of concerns about sneaking the puppies in, but they looked small enough that they wouldn't destroy things too completely for the moment. "Maybe just for tonight? And tomorrow we can see if we can find them a better place in one of the other buildings if the others don't want them there... But I don't think any of the other kids are going to argue with having puppies around..." He said, glancing at the other. "Maybe I can tell Sliet and see if she'd be willing to help us with them?" Raven asked, uncertain as he pet the first one gently, already feeling sort of protective of the small animals. He sat up, gathering the bundle onto his lap and tried to get it warm. It sniffed around wildly and nosed at his jacket, almost oblivious to his touch. "Okay," He nodded as the other suggested going back, taking the puppy in his arms carefully and holding it inside his jacket to keep and warm and hopefully hide it a little. It scrambled to turn around and popped it's head out of his collar. He couldn't help smiling at little bit as he pet it's head again, feeling warm inside.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Carefully picking up the other puppy as it moved closer to him, he ran his hand down it's back gently, trying to pet it to warm it up. "I don't think so either. As long as no one's allergic..." he said as he looked down at the puppy. "I don't think anyone would really protest to them... or at least I hope not. Maybe they can cheer everyone up a little bit..." Having the puppies around could either be a good thing, or on the other end it could go wrong. The brunet was just hoping that everyone was fine with it. "Maybe the library if we can't keep them with us in the main building?" he suggested, carefully standing up and picking the puppy up. Unbuckling his jacket, he carefully moved the puppy to rest inside of it. To try and keep it a little more warm, he held the puppy up higher so that the fur on his coat would help warm it up. Holding his jacket closed and the puppy up so it's head was poking out for the time, he glanced at Raven before at the dead dog "Should we just leave it there or come back to move it?" he asked softly, petting the top of the puppies head as it looked around. There wasn't really anything they could do for it, it was already dead, but he didn't exactly feel right just leaving it there to rot.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum