Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Kail shook his head as the other spoke about him getting sick. "It's really fine. We had snow most of the year, and not just little patches from melting. Some years we had it all year round because of the temperatures." Holding the coat out as Raven finally took it, he glanced away afterwards, shoving his hands into his pants pockets. He figured that the other had really only accepted it to not hurt his feelings. Walking in silence for a moment, glancing over at Raven as he had moved a bit closer to him, he took a deep breath before looking away. "You didn't have to take it if you really didn't want it..." he said softly, refusing to look over at him. "I wasn't going to be upset or mad... I just didn't want you to be cold... I wasn't to sure how warm it was where you're from so...yeah..." he tried to explain, glancing away in a bit of embarrassment.

Kayden watched as Otto slipped around on the ice, seeming to enjoy himself once he was able to stay on his feet. Watching him smack into a brick, he picked up the pace a little bit to catch up to him "Are you okay?" he asked, coming up next to him after a moment. "Just be careful walking. The roads are a little more slipperier than I thought they would have been in some areas..."

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Raven shook his head, unsure. 'it's not the cold so much that bothers me; I just find it hard to stay warm in general. I've been sick for a long time, so it makes it difficult to stay in good health when It's hard to eat and sleep and just do normal stuff." He explained, then worried the other was going to be even more concerned. "Ah- it's nothing that bad I guess- I mean.. most people had it where I came from. Some couldn't stand up or do anything without life-support, so it would just get worse.. it was kind of frightening.." He realized he was rambling and probably just digging a hole for himself. But he really could have had it worse; there was pain and fatigue, yes, and sometimes he'd end up coughing up blood if he exerted himself too much. But the sickness and spread to 90% of the population, and others had ended up completely helpless and in constant agony, and eventually he would have too. When that happened, when you couldn't look after yourself anymore, you were determined a parasite and put to death either in a disposal facility, or if you were a member of the military, by a firing squad. The thought had hung over him, and was one of the reasons it was so strong of an instinct in him to not allow himself to be weak, whether it was logical here or not. He realized he had gone quiet as he walked beside his friend, and glanced up at the other. "...It was getting worse before I came here... I thought I was going to die from it...and I didn't care. I had nothing left, nothing meant anything anymore." He admitted softly. "..I started... I started getting better since coming here though. I..." He trailed off. I guess I have something to hold onto. He thought, unable to get the words out as he went along beside the brunet, wanting to hide in the fur of Kail's jacket.

Otto nodded again as the other ran up. "Yup!" He looked around. Things seemed a little different with the snow on them, and he wondered how close they were to the campus. Would they have to sneak in? On top of that, he considered the blood staining raven's pantleg around his ankle where one of bites were. He could smell it. Surely one of the demons or kids would notice it, wouldn't they?
Kazukedud
Admin

http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Looking over at Raven as he explained the sickness that he had been plagued with, or well that he had been struck by some sort of sickness, Kail listened intently. It really did only make his concern worse, but he pushed it to the side for now. He was probably already smothering the other enough with trying to care for him. "Any normal sickness is like that. It's hard to get better or stay healthy when you can't, or don't want to eat or sleep..." he said softly. His brow furrowed slightly as the other carried on talking about the sickness. "That sounds anything but nothing bad, Raven..." he paused for a moment, frowning "It sounds more than just frightening. A lot of people were sick because of the type of weather we had, but it wasn't anything like that... I mean... people died from them because we didn't really have anything to fight against the virus... but it did go away most of the time..." They never had been told what had been the cause of his father's death, but it wouldn't have been that shocking if it had been some sort of virus as opposed to old age or anything else. He had been a stubborn man and often didn't wear enough clothing to keep warm when out hunting, especially once he grew older and was sensitive to temperature. Shaking his head slightly, he turned his attention back to Raven as he spoke about it getting worse before he had come here. His brow furrowed and he had been about to say something, his worry and concern for the other only growing before he admitted that he had started to get better after arriving here. "Maybe because the environments different, and you aren't around it? Or because you're here with your counterpart?" He doubted either of them, but it was really the only thing he could think of that would have made sense. Or well, made sense to him anyway. "Uh... sorry by the way if you're allergic or something to the fur..." he apologized, glancing down after a moment of silence. "I don't know exactly what type of fur it is... my parents had it made for me just before my father passed away..."

Kayden nodded as he looked around with the other. "It's really nice... I've only ever seen the snow once or twice, and even then it was just for a brief moment flying through the mountains..." he said softly, looking up at the clouded sky. Glancing over his shoulder once more, he shook his head "We should probably wait up for them once we do reach the campus just so the demons think we were together the whole time... even if we actually have been kind of..."

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Raven shrugged again. "It was just what we all learned to live with." He added, listening as Kail told him about his own home. It sorta sounded like regular illnesses that could be made worse by the lack of proper care or cold weather. But then, Kail had come from a younger world, hadn't he? They might not have had hospitals or medicine, at least not as advanced his own home did. As the other boy mentioned the environment or being around Sliet being related to his health, he wasn't sure. The sickness was completely terminal; he had survived for almost ten years with it, others went longer, but you didn't just recover based on your conditions. And he hadn't, but at the same time, he felt a lot better, and he had someone to talk to and spend time with now. Life didn't seem so awful and difficult when he was with the others. He shook his head."No, I'm not allergic. Don't worry-" He trailed off as the other mentioned his dad. "...ah... I'm sorry Kail..." He said softly. It couldn't have been that long ago- the Jacket fit Kail where he was for height now... He swallowed, wishing he could make the other feel better in some way.

"Mhm." Otto said quickly, agreeing, looking back at the two where they walked a little slower. "Are they okay?" He asked, they weren't smiling or laughing or enjoying the weather. Were they still hurt?
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:09 pm

"People adapt to different living situations," he said, nodding. "But that still doesn't mean it's not awful. It sounds a lot worse than what we had, even if they were just common illnesses..." he said, glancing over at him. Very few people knew how to, or what to treat the illnesses with back home, and those that did tended to keep to themselves so the wrong person didnt find out. Even if they had tried to go out in the open, the right type of herbs and plants almost never grew because of the snow that layered the ground quite well. So of course they had learned to put up with it. A lot of the younger kids had it easy to get better, having younger and stronger bodies than those young children or adults. "I just wasn't to sure... I kind of figured you weren't because you've been around it and wore the jacket before, but I thought i'd apologize just in case..." Blinking as his friend apologized, he smiled at him "It's really fine, Raven. He was a stubborn old man. Even if we had been able to belo him, he would have refused." As much as he missed his father someday's, he knew it was probably for the better that he had passed away, especially before the whole thing with Yuki became a problem. Dipping his head slightly, he smiled again "But thank you." 

Kayden looked over at Otto before back at Raven and Kail "I don't know..." he replied quietly, frowning. "Raven may need a break or something could be wrong... Regardless, I dont think Kail's leaving his side anytime soon..." He wasn't to sure what could have been going on, if anything was at all.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Blinking, Raven nodded, though Kail really didn't need to be so sorry. As Kail spoke of his father fondly, he just listened. He didn't really want to think about his own. He had no idea if the man was even still alive; he'd come and gone like a stray cat since Raven had been small, up until his mother had been burned away in the bombings, and he'd brought nothing but bruises and the smell of alcohol into the house with him. He didn't like to remember that. The scars on his ribs were memory enough. Kail seemed to have good memories at least, perhaps his father hadn't been so cruel as the others Kail had mentioned. That was good. He nodded a little. ''Yeah, don't worry about it." Maybe that's why Kail was so concerned about his health. He would try to be a little less hard headed, then, at least for the other's sake. He didn't want to stress Kail out when he was going through so much already. But still, he was worried that the other was cold.
He had an idea.
Thinking about how he had been able to warm water up. He turned abruptly, his eyes bright with the possibility of what he might be able to do. "Can I hold your hand?" He blurted.
The boy was so intent he didn't really think about what he was saying. He hesitated, blushing as he realized, but swallowed and didn't take it back, trying to keep a serious face. He just wanted to try something... But then why was his face hot? He held one hand out, suddenly nervous.

Otto nodded and looked back for a second, before walking up to Kayden to wait for the two. He slid across a puddle of ice. "Calor come slide! it's fun!" He called out happily before falling on his behind and continuing to move across with the momentum, laughing and wincing at the same time. His tail was curled up inside his jacket from the cold, but he was having enough fun he didn't care.
(god he's like six)
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Picking up on the other's silence as they spoke about fathers, his to be exact, Kail frowned slightly. While he couldn't be completely sure without the other coming out(of the closet) and telling him, he wondered briefly if the other even knew his father or if they had even gotten alone. The brunet had gottenalong rather well with his father, but there hadnt really been any reason to fight. He had taken the time to make sure Kail knew how to hunt and provide for his family when the time came. He just didn't want to know what his father would have thought about the whole having a boyfriend thing, especially after learning that his mother was the one that had tipped the group off in the first place. She hadn't even one hundred percent known if there was anything between the two boys for sure, just that they hung around each other whenever they could. As nice as his father could be, he wouldn't put it past the older male to be angry. Kail couldn't even begin to count how many times that his father had spoken about wanting grandchildren when the time came and everything else. 
When Raven told him not to worry about it, he thought about pointing out the fact that he worried over just about everything, especially if it seemed to envolve his friend and his friends well-being, though he stayed silent in the end. "I'm sorry that I worry so much... I know I probably don't need to apologize but.." he shrugged slightly. 
Noticing the other stop and turn towards him, he blinked and stopped a few footsteps away before turning back to his companion. He was going to ask if everything was okay, but he was rather taken aback as the other asked if he could hold his hand. It was one of the last things he had expected to hear Raven ask. Blushing, he watched the otherfor a moment, thinking he was going to quickly correct himself, but to the brunet's surprise, he didn't. Glancing down to Raven's hand as it was extended, Kail hesitated before nodding slightly "S..Sure..." he replied with a shaky voice as he hesitantly took a hold of Raven's hand. 

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Calor looked around at the snow warily, swatting at a few flakes to keep them away from his face. he walked behind the others, only half paying attention, though he stifled a laugh when Kayden was hit in the face with the snowball. His eyes flicked away from the fluff falling from the sky when Otto called his name and headed over to the other boy who seemed quite happy. he stared at the substance on the ground that the blue haired boy was playing on before stepping onto it. He was fine for a moment, until he took another step forward and nearly fell flat on his ass. his arms flew out from his sides in an attempt to balance himself to an extent and he let out a short, girlish scream before he managed to quiet himself. He froze, completely still on the ice, a frightened look on his now bright red face. what IS that stuff he wondered.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Raven glanced up at the other, trying not to be too awkward, but his hand was trembling in Kail's as he hesitantly squeezed back. Kail looked confused and uncomfortable, and he hesitated. "I-It's ok- I just want to try something, I won't hurt you or anything." He said quickly, looking back at the other in assurance, worried he was frightening the other from the expression on Kail's face.  
He didn't want to try creating heat, not yet; it always ended up getting out of control, but he was pretty sure he could just move it. "T-tell me if you feel anything." He said, trying to keep his voice steady. He clutched the other's hand carefully with his own bandaged one, and let the his own warmth spill slowly into Kail, shutting his eyes in concentration. It shouldn't be enough to make the other hot or uncomfortable, but maybe it would give him a little extra heat against the cold air.
As he felt it leave him, he could hear his heart slow as he lost feeling in his hands and his lips tinged blue. He blinked his eyes open, glancing at the other hopefully, barely noticing he was still holding onto the other's hand as his body shivered uncontrollably. "Do you feel any warmer?" While Kail might or might not have been that cold, despite whatever he was saying, he wanted to be able offer the same help that Kail had given him.

Otto slid past Calor, still in a sitting position, and grabbed onto the other's legs as he swipped by trying to stop his frightening sliding, taking the other with him and letting out a laughing yelp as he let the other fall on him rather than the ice. "Are you okay, Calor?" He asked, finally coming to a stop on the ice patch and getting up clumsily before trying to help the other up as well
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Kail nodded his head slightly as the other tried to reassure him that he wasn't going to hurt him. He had kind of figured that much, or hoped so anyway. He didn't want to believe that after this long of being stuck here that Raven would purposefully try to harm him. Trying to force a smile onto his face, he nodded a bit once again "I.. I trust you.."
Listening to the other, his brow furrowed a bit and he tilted his head to the side. Watching as the other closed his eyes to concentrate, Kail glanced down towards their hands before he felt himself start to warm up. Blinking in a bit of confusion, he looked up before realizing that Raven was trying to transfer his body heat to him. Not wanting to interrupt him, Kail stayed silent before nodding when he was asked if he felt warmer. "I do... but now you're cold..." he said softly. It wasn't hard to tell that the other was shivering when they were still holding hands. Hesitating for a moment, he took a deep breath before squeezing Raven's hand gently and smiling a bit at him "I appreciate the thought, but I think you need the heat a little more than I do. You're shivering, and your lips are blue." He really was thankful for the other trying to take his comfort into consideration, but even if he had been cold or freezing, he was sure that Raven needed the heat more than him. He was use to the cold that the snow brought with it.

Kayden crossed his arms and stood off to the side as he watched the two slide around on the ice. Laughing lightly as Calor let out a scream, Kayden carefully made his way over to the other two, holding his hands out to the both of them "You two are going to kill yourselfs before the humans on the other side of the river come after up," he joked lightly, being careful not to fall.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Raven nodded hesitantly as Kail squeezed his hand and mentioned him being cold now, shrugging. "It'll come back," He assured the other. "I just went a little too far is all, I'm fine." He smiled back. He might be able to create heat in himself, rather than just moving it around; he wasn't sure if that would work, though, and he didn't want to set himself on fire or give himself heatstroke. "I just wanted to make sure you weren't cold. I know you said you weren't, but...sorry." He explained, and realized he was still holding the other's hand, and got embarrassed- But Kail was doing the same; he didn't seem to mind... would it be weird if he just walked with the other like that? He felt heat come to his face again. Of course it would, what was he even thinking like that for?! He Let go of the other and walked forwards a little bit. "-Im sorry." He muttered again, and bit his tongue, frightened by what he was letting himself feel. He felt like he was loosing any shred of sense when he was around Kail; the other seemed to make him so careless with his emotions and what he said, and he felt ridiculous for it. It never did any good for him to get close to others, they always ended up dead or hurt because of it, and Kail was already putting himself in harms way for him. He didn't want to see another suffer because of him, and he knew he would just make it worse by expressing his feelings for the brunet. He hesitated. "I think we're almost back. Are we sneaking in, or...?" He asked, changing the subject.

Otto got up at Calor came over. "Okay." He nodded, guessing it might be time to move on. He could see the rise of the campus hill by now.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:00 pm

"You should be a bit more careful..." he said softly, frowning a bit. "Just as being over heated can damage a person, I'm sure that not having enough heat can do the same..." he commented lightly. "Uh I mean... You shouldn't give away to much of your own heat, especially if you're cold most of the time anyway." Realizing that it may just sound like he was trying to tell the other what to do in a way, he let out a small sigh. "I'm sorry..." he muttered, glancing away. As Raven started to explain that he just hadn't wanted him to be cold, Kail smiled softly at him as he apologized. "I really do appreciate it. The warmth is nice. But you really didn't need to give up your own comfort for mine when I'm use to this weather." Glancing up ahead to where the others had gone to, he had been about to suggest catching up to him before Raven pulled his hand away and moved ahead. He knew that he shouldn't be, and he really had no right to be, the brunet felt a bit disappointed. Trying to shake it off, he picked up the pace to catch up to the other boy once more. He knew that he had no right to feel like this towards his friend. The last time he had felt like this for anyone, he hadn't been able to save them. Glancing down at Raven's hand, he debated on slipping his hands into the other's once again, or even just asking. "Raven..." he started for a moment before glancing up at him slightly "I... it's slippery here... Be careful..." he said lightly, looking away. When he was asked if they were sneaking in or what they were doing, he shrugged "I'd imagine walking in would just be better. If we sneak in and make it back to our rooms, then people are going to be confused when they see us..." He paused for a moment before looking up ahead "But it's up to you guys." 

Kayden glanced up ahead before back at Raven and Kail "Should we wait up for them a little while longer?" he asked the other two, looking over at them. "Or should we go on ahead to let the other's know we're back relatively safe and unharmed?"

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Raven continued to walk beside the other as Kail caught up, still feeling embarrassed and conflicted. He looked up as the other said his name before hesitating and telling him to be careful. Had that been what he was going to say? The other looked sad... Is upset over me doing that? Maybe he'd gone to far and made the other uncomfortable. The boy nodded and swallowed before answering Kail; he felt a little steadier on his feet then last night, he should be alright, but he understood the other's concern, as silly as he felt. "Y-yeah, thanks." He replied, nodding, and was careful not to slip on the icy patch of road as they came up to the other three where Calor and Otto had been sliding on the ice. "Okay, I guess you're right." He nodded when Kail suggested just going in. Some of the demons seemed to run a tight system, and he was sure Alpha and the others wouldn't like the excuse of them wanting to get fresh air. He decided he'd at least try to take the brunt of it; He didn't like the idea of Kail getting in trouble because of the excuse created to protect the others, when really all he'd done was been knocked out and dragged off.

Otto shurgged. "Maybe we should all go in together, so it doesn't seem odd?" He answered, uncertain. He didn't want to see the other angry, but he felt like they might be. As they Got closer to the campus building, he looked around, suprised by how different everything looked in the snow. He stayed near the back of the group, hoping to avoid any conflict that might occur, but he saw some coming down the path from the main building. A couple of the demons must have noticed them, because they were walking out to meet them.

Raven tensed up as he noticed some of the demons, Alpha and Sliet among them. He tried to retain some confidence, but it was a little hard, dressed in Kail's to-big jacket and spotted with scratches and blood. He swallowed as Alpha came up.
"Where in hell did you five go last night? And why did you think it was a good idea?!" He snapped, barely noticing the unkept condition of the three. Some of them looked like they'd been rolling around in the snow.
Raven spoke up, looking up at the man and feeling suddenly small, but answered quickly "I asked Kail if we could get some fresh air... but we got lost, so- Kayden and the others came out to find us." He lied, looking down as if ashamed. "It was cold so we took shelter in another building for the night." He didn't like the look on Alpha's face, but he'd expected to get smacked. He watched the other contort a little with anger and felt the air crackle. He took a small step back, positioning himself in front of Kail as the other snapped.
"And none of you thought to tell anyone? What if you'd all been killed and we had no idea?! You can't all act so irresponisbly, there's a lot on the line here, you need to think!" He growled, before focusing on Kail and Raven. "And If you two are well enough to be running around like this, you can both get to work on cleaning things up or practicing. Don't worry about breakfast, either, we already had it." He said darkly, frustrated with the bunch.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:30 pm

(A lot of this is probably going to sound really stupid but whatever.)
Calor watched the others aproach, a bit uneasy. With everything that had happened, he wasnt sure what exactly to expect. He lookes away guiltily as Raven lied to Alpha, fearing his reaction.

Sliet ran out to meet the kids with Harir and a couplemof the others. She relaxed a bit as she saw raven, though she was a bit woried about the blood on his legs./they must be freezing/ she thought a second before carefully raising each of their body temperatures back to normal, briefly wondering why Raven hadnt done it himself. Maybe they should cover that in their next lesson? She remained silent as they explained their absence and were berated by harir. She sighed before speaking up and stepping foreward so that she was right next to Alpha. "You can't really blqme him for being a little stir crazy. I'm su-" she was cut off as a snowball swerved around her in mid-air to hit Harir squarely between the shoulder blades.

Petram ran out behind the rest of the group, watching as Alpha, being his stuffy self, chewed the others out. He looked around at the fresh blanket of snow as an idea struck him, an evil smile creeping onto his face. He reached down, packing it into a tight ball before using his telekinesis to send it flying around everyone else and hit Alpha in the back. "Jeez! Lighten up, eh!" He yelled, a rather large grin on his face.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:43 am

Harir looked over as Sliet pleaded the other's case, about to protest before he felt a cold lump hit him in the back. His eyes widened in shock before he whirled on the boy who had thrown the snow. Young Delta. He became a little red with anger, unimpressed and without really thinking, he scooped up a handful of the stuff and whipped it at the other, hitting him squarely in the chest as he made it explode with a burst of pressure, causing a wave of soft snow to shower the boy, effectively coating him in white. "Ha!" He remarked bitterly, but he couldn't help feeling a childish sense of satisfaction. Before he was belted in the face with a second projectile.

Otto quickly ducked behind Kayden and Calor as the snow whipped around in an unnatural curve. But then it was returned. He laughed at the snow being thrown, thinking it was another game, he crouched and grabbed another ball, tossing it at the man Petram had thrown at. It hadn't hurt Kayden, when he thrown one earlier, after all.

Raven avoided Sliet's eyes; he had more respect for his counterpart than Alpha, and he felt unsure about lying to her, but at the same time he had no idea how she would react, and he couldn't say anything here in front of the others anyway. He blinked in confusion as warmth washed through him, curling and uncurling his hands as feeling returned to them.
He glanced up as she started to speak only to jump when something struck Alpha from behind. He tensed up, before hearing Petram yell out and realizing it was only snow.
Still, the other shouldn't have done that, he was only going to get himself into trouble, and possibly hurt.
He watched in surprise, having expected Alpha to do anything other than retaliate by hurling snow back; was he really sinking to such a level when he'd been clearly disrespected? When he thought about it though... Alpha didn't look much older than Kail when he lost his composure like that. While the other certainly wasn't a carefree individual, maybe he still had remnants of a younger mindset.
Raven watched a third ball fly from Otto. He tried to stifle a laugh, watching the man wipe the snow from his face before looking like he was going to return the favor again. Uh oh. This was turning into something. He wasn't sure if he should pick up snow or not.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 am

Kail nodded slightly as the other thanked him. He knew that he probably sounded stupid, and Raven probably already knew to be careful on the ice, but there was no way that he needed to tell the other his feelings, or ask if they could hold hands again or whatever was going to come out of his mouth. Glad that nothing else was said about it, he nodded slightly as Raven agreed with him. He had only figured that walking straight in was the best. Sneaking in only to be found later would probably only get them in more trouble. He was sure that one of the demons would have come out or seen them trying to sneak in anyway. He thought about asking what the back up plan may be if the other's didn't believe their excuse of wanting to just get out and get some fresh air. Sure it was a bit understandable after being stuck inside for so long, with Raven being injured and all. He supposed that this was really the only good time that Somnia's own counterpart wasn't around to rat all of them out. Unless of course he returned just for the sole reason of doing so.
Being brought out of his thoughts by Alpha snapping at them, Kail jumped slightly before blinking and looking up at him. Looking down as Raven spoke and Alpha yelled at them, he chewed on his bottom lip before he noticed Raven move back and position himself in front of him. Blinking, he looked back up as his brow furrowed. "It was my fault..." he said softly as Harir went on about them not telling anyone where they had went. "We should have let someone know, but most of you were likely asleep... I should have paid more attention to our surroundings..." He had been about to carry on with apologizing and trying to make the lie a bit more believable, but he stopped as soon as Sliet tried to plead their case, and then Alpha was hit with a snowball. His eyes widened slightly and he quickly looked over to Petram as yet another snowball was thrown in the other's direction. Snowball fights had been a normal part of life back home, but he had never really taken part in any of them. Not that the other kids would have let him even if he had wanted to. Noticing Otto bend down to pick up some snow, he had been about to attempt to tell the other that even though Petram had done it, throwing a snowball at Alpha probably wasn't to smart of an idea, though it was to late. Wincing slightly as the snowball hit Harir in the face, he glanced towards Raven with a bit of a furrowed brow.

Looking towards the demons as they came running out, Kayden stood back a bit with Otto and Calor as he listened to Alpha yell at mainly Raven and Kail. He felt bad for the two. None of this had been there fault, but they were okay with taking all of the punishment for something that had really been his fault. Taking a small step forward, he had been about to say something after Sliet had finished speaking but didn't get a chance to as Harir was suddenly hit with a snowball. His eyes widened and he looked to the demon that had thrown it before towards Otto as he had thrown a third snowball.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Harir opened his grit his teeth as he wiped the snow off of his face with annoyance, So it was a fight they wanted? Juvenile, perhaps, he really shouldn't have reacted, but he couldn't let them just hurl snow at him. He was past calm discipline at this point, and it seemed more logical, and felt better, to just throw snow back. If the others weren't going to act like adults, why bother?

Raven returned Kail's glance and shrugged slightly. He hadn't expected Alpha to throw a snowball back in the first place; he had been prepared for a harsher consequence. That sort of deviance would have earned a bullet to the head or worse in his own home, so he wasn't really all that worried by Alpha's reaction. But  leaving when the demons had been in the middle of speaking to them wasn't really an option. As he turned, he looked up too late to see another projectile whip past him and hit the snow. He took a quick step back, not even sure who'd thrown it.
Everyone seemed on edge; even a little bit excitable, especially Otto and Petram.
This was getting out of control quickly and he didn't know what to do-- Alpha didn't even look that mad-just aggressive, as if about to unleash a waterfall of stress in a snowy fury.
Deciding Alpha could yell at him later, he slipped away from the building chaos, limping a bit as he made it to the main building.
Raven braced himself against the wall and got his breath again, his head spinning a little. He closed his eyes for a moment, feeling like he was going to pass out in the warmth of the fur lined coat.
Shit- he still had Kail's jacket- He glanced back to see if the other had fallowed him- he hadn't wanted to drag Kail away from the others encase the boy had wanted to join in the snowball fight; they seemed to be getting energetic now, but used to cold weather or not- It wouldn't hurt Kail to have his jacket back.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Kail turned his attention back to the others in front of them, watching as a few snow balls were thrown. Even though Alpha had thrown one back, he didn't look exactly happy about it. Not that he blamed him. He was sure that anyone would have been mad, or at least a little upset if they were suppose to be in power over a group, only to be disrespected in some way. He kind of appreciated the focus being taken away from himself and the other's though. Well, minus Otto who had decided it had been a good idea to just jump in and throw snow as well.
He wasn't really to sure what to think about this whole thing. He hadn't really been expecting a snowball fight to break out as soon as they returned back, especially with the fact that Alpha was right in a sense. Anyone of them could have been killed and things would have likely gone to hell. Taking a small step out of the way as more snow was thrown, he brushed off some of the snow that had managed to land on his arm. After a moment, he noticed that Raven had slipped away. Glancing back at the other's, he turned and followed the other's footsteps that had been left. The brunet thought about stopping just in case the raven haired boy had wanted to be left alone, but wanted to at least see if he was okay. If he wanted to be left alone after that, Kail would do so, but he still couldn't help but worry about the other.
Noticing him leaning up against a wall, Kail picked up his pace just a little before slowing down as he neared the other. Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he kept his gaze forward and towards the ground. "I'm sorry that I got you in trouble..." he apologized quietly. He knew that it wasn't really his fault. Kayden had been the one to carry him off, and Zeta had been the one to order them to do so. But if he had maybe just listened to Zeta in the start, then it wouldn't have been necessary. "Anything else he yells at us for, I'll take responsibility for it."

Kayden blinked in a bit of confusion as he watched the snow be thrown around. Had Alpha not been yelling at them moments before? Surely the leader of a group of beings such as these ones wouldn't be distracted so easily with a simple thing as a snowball fight. Though the more he looked at the leader of the demons, he really didn't seem that much older than most of the kids that had been brought here. None of them really looked that much older.
Deciding to join in, he bent down to scoop up some snow before packing it into a ball. He didn't really want to take the risk of throwing it at Alpha, so instead he aimed the snowball at one of the other demons before throwing it.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Otto lept around in the wintery area, laughing and throwing snow balls happily. he couldn't remember having so much fun before, he glanced at Kayden and Calor to make sure the two were having fun as well, but mostly just lost himself in the excitement.

Raven turned as Kail approached, straightening up and standing on his own again, feeling a little embarrassed again. He shook his head quickly as the other apologized, laughing a little sadly, feeling bad to see Kail blaming himself over something he'd had no control over.  "Don't be so hard on yourself- you didn't do anything wrong." He told him, trying to reassure his friend. "I think it'll blow over; there's more important things going on now anyway."  He hesitated, thinking of what he needed to tell Tirza. "They look like they're having fun. Why don't you go back and join in?" He said, his voice quivering a little as he slipped the coat off of his form, carefully passing it back to Kail, but couldn't fake a smile.  "I'm going to get some rest." He lied, though he felt instantly sick. He had to tell Tirza about Delores's death- and chances were, he would have to end up confessing everything he knew. They would be going back again, wouldn't they? Blurry memories came up, and he felt like he was back inside a nightmare. He'd managed to avoid thinking to much about it now- but he knew...
He knew what was coming.
Tirza would have to go back.
She was going to have to kill them again.
He'd read everything- he'd read their deaths over and over again, trying to figure out how he could fix things. But it was more than that, he had regained fragments of incomplete memories that crushed him from inside.
Things from so many times before.
Things he didn't want to think about, or ever have to relive.
He tried to hold back his feeling of drowning as he looked back at Kail, his eyes bright with pain.
This would be the last time he would see the other- or feel this way about him before-
He finally managed to smile, trying to hide his trembling hands. "Thanks, Kail- for looking out for me... See you later." He got out, his heart breaking as he turned away and left into the building without the other.

He composed himself again as he climbed the stairs and found the room he'd been staying in, putting on his proper clothes and coat, letting his emotions melt away, refusing to think of Kail or the consequences to what he had to do. He knew from the journal that there wasn't any other way- he would have to suffer through this and get it over with if things were going to be fixed- he was only making things worse be prolonging it. He went to find Tirza, deciding to check the library first, he entered quietly, looking around. "Tirza? are you here?" He called.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Kayden laughed lightly as he watched the blue haired boy jump around and just basically have fun. He was glad to see that the other was having fun after having been locked away for his whole life. It was definitely no way to live. After a while, Kayden stepped off to the side in attempt to try and warm himself up a little, rubbing his hands together and blowing on them.

Putting his hands into the pockets of his pants, he shrugged his shoulders before allowing them to sag a little bit. He knew that he hadn't really done anything wrong. It hadn't completely been his fault that Raven had been injured, but he still couldn't help but blame himself. If he hadn't been so trusting of Kayden and them to begin with, maybe he could have stopped himself from being kidnapped. "I'm sorry..." Realizing that he seemed to apologize for just about everything, even if it wasn't his fault, he held his breath for a moment as he closed his eyes. "It's just something I've gotten use to... apologizing for most things, even if I didn't really have any control over it... I'm just sorry that you got dragged into that mess and ended up getting hurt again because of me.."
Hesitantly taking his coat back from Raven as it was passed to him, he shrugged a shoulder yet again "Snow ball fights have never really been my thing..." he said softly, glancing down. Not wanting to seem like he was just going to follow the other around like some lost puppy, he hesitated before taking a small step away from the other. "I'll let you go and get some rest though...I'll uh... come and check on you later.." he said, the last part more of an offer than anything. Regardless, he would probably stop by anyway to make sure that the boy was okay.
Watching as Raven turned away and walked off into the building, Kail chewed on his bottom lip. Something didn't feel right, but he couldn't exactly place what it was. Maybe he just hadn't gotten enough sleep the previous night, but it didn't really feel like the lack of sleep. That was something he was use to.
No matter what he thought of, he still wasn't able to place the feeling. In a way, it felt almost familiar, but strange and foreign at the same time. 
Trying to shake it off for the time being, he looked around, rather confused. He wasn't to sure really what to do. There was still the whole issue of thinking over what Zeta had said the previous night. There was the punishment that was surely to come from sneaking off. There was the snowball fight going on, among numerous other things that could be done or thought about. He could go and practice his reading, or even with his... or well whatever was inside him's power like he had been told.  But no matter what he thought about doing, just the thought of it felt strange. He had always been at Raven's side from the time they had showed up here, besides the time everyone was with their counterparts. It felt strange now not to have him near by ...I miss him... he thought silently to himself as he started to wander around the campus. He really was starting to feel like some kind of lost animal. He didn't understand how or why he had fallen for the other so quickly. He had promised himself that he'd save himself the trouble and just not love anyone again, and it had also taken months before he had actually started to fall for Yuki. Maybe I should tell him...and apologize for feeling like this in the first place... Though he had no idea what was going on, it almost felt like one of the right things to do. 

Making his way to the main building, Kail headed upstairs to the rooms, first stopping to check in the room they had been staying in while Raven healed from his injuries. Not finding him there, he checked the room they had once shared with Astrum before the Com. Tower incident still to find no one. Though his heart was already racing in his chest, it sped up a little more when he couldn't seem to find Raven. Trying not to rush, he looked quickly through the rest of the rooms before heading outside to try and find him. 
Noticing boot prints in the snow similar to Raven's shoes, he followed them towards the library before stopping outside the door. So much for resting. Not that he blamed the other for not being able to. Pushing his way in through the door, he glanced around a bit "Raven?" he asked quietly to the what he assumed to be empty library. 

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Tirza looked up from her book at the sound of her name. She had been so focussed on her research that she hadnt even noticed raven coming. She snapped her book shut, rubbing her tired eyes with one hand as she set the book down beside her with the other. It had been a while since she had gotten any sleep and she was exhausted. She sighed before getting to her feet in the dark corner of the library to go and find raven in the maze of shelves. She found him as she rounded a corner in the fiction section. Shzrp eyes looked him over briefly, trying to think of why he would be looking for her before looking him in the eyes. "Everyone was worried about you this mornng. You gave Sliet a bit of a scare." She said, her voice even.

Sliet fell into a fit of laughter as Harir wiped bits of snow from his face, however it was shortlived as another snowball came to hit her from behind. She whirled around to find a very smug looking porfirio. Fuming, she glared at him, quickly retaliating. He dodged the projectile easily only to end up in the path of another that had been thrown by somebody else. She laughed again as the clump of snow hit him in the ear.

Petram spat out as much snow as possible before trying to wipe his face off the best he could. Well, that was a fair bit lighter he supposed. He grinned before grabbing another handfull of snow and tossing it at a random fivure in the group of people around him.

Calor grabbed a clump of snow for himself as one narrowly missed him. He started throwing the rather harmless balls of... well... stuff at everyone he could see rather happily, though his aim was terrible and few of them actually hit someone.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:32 pm

Harir blinked in surprise as Sliet laughed at him being struck, feeling a bit annoyed before watching her get hit with one as well and chuckling a little. He forgot things pretty quickly and got involved with the snow-throwing.

Otto was quick on his feet, and managed to avoid most of the snow balls. He ran past Kayden, and noticing the other looking cold, He slowed his pace and walked back, wrapping his arms around the other in an attempt to get him warm. He held close to the boy with a tight hug and burrowed his face in his cloak, his soft blue ears flattened against his head, rocking back and forth. Though he couldn't do much to move the other's form, even affectionately. It was pretty normal among the others he'd been piled with to huddle on cold days, so it seemed like a obvious thing to do. He hoped Kayden didn't mind.

Raven froze as he heard Kail call out, just out of sight of the other and not yet near Tirza.
Oh god.
Not here.
Not again.
Memories flashed back, tinged with red and black shocks of agony.
He caught himself, one hand clutching at his dark hair, the other braced against the oak self at his side as blurry images merged with his sight-
The library floor splattered with blood-
Books scattered-
The taste of copper in his mouth-
Kail-
He muffled a cry, biting down on his tongue to stifle his voice.
The scrawled letters of the journal flashed in his mind, merging and fueling the hellish pictures as he remembered what he had thought he knew.
He had to get Kail away- he couldn't watch him die again- he couldn't. And he knew he couldn't protect the other if it came to that- it would only make things worse.
He'd left his knife in the room; he didn't trust himself not to fight back if Tirza decided to-
But now, if she found out now, if Kail mentioned Delores to her- it would be too late. He couldn't let this happen now, he had to talk to Tirza first, to make her understand something, and if Kail got in the way, if he had to watch it all happen again, it would be meaningless.
He swallowed, trying to calm down.
He could handle this.
He grit his teeth, trying to feel something other than anguish.
He couldn't hide any longer, Kail was going to find him either way, and it would be easier to lie if he seemed innocent. He pulled a book off of the shelf, stepping back to see the other where he stood at the entrance.
"H-hey? What's that matter?" He asked, though his voice was lighter than normal, and catching in this throat as he struggled, his composure crumbling around him like sand. He felt his hands start to shake again as looked back at his friend.
It was too much- he couldn't hold himself together anymore. He didn't want to watch the other die- and after everything- it was all falling to pieces again.
He fought so hard to keep Kail alive at the tower, he'd been willing to die to stop it all from happening again, and almost had, after he'd read the journal- after he'd remembered everything again. It was like he'd lived through all those times in sequence. Although it was only fragments, his emotions, his feelings for Kail, all the pain and death and all the things that had gone wrong- it was all coming back in full force and it was all he could do the keep it pent up.

Before he could say anything else, he watched as Tirza came up, and he tensed. There was no getting out of this now. If he didn't tell her- he was sure Kail would.  He had to talk to her about this before everything spun out of control again, whether Kail was there or not.
He barely acknowledged the comment about Sliet. "I- I know. I'm sorry. A lot happened last night. But- I have to talk to you." He swallowed, meeting her eyes. "You're counterpart- she died. She died on the first night; we were with her- but we didn't make the connection until last night." He tried to tell her gently, he hesitated, terrified of her reaction, but he knew he had to get everything out quickly; he was scared things might go bad fast, and couldn't risk going back and forgetting everything again; finding the book this time had been chance, and in the times that he hadn't remembered, either Kail or Somnia's group died.
"I know... I know that we've done this before- that we've gone back. I was in the library and accidentally found the journal- I saw things before I realized what it was- and I've started to remember. I'm sorry- I'm so sorry- I tried to play along- to fix things. At the communications tower- that worked-" He explained. "I knew, so was able to change things." He wouldn't blame Tirza if she was enraged, but he felt it was too late to do much else.
"..but now there's this." He said, struggling again to speak. "Please- I know what you- what you have to do, but please- please listen. There might be some other way to fix things-" He pleaded, he felt lightheaded with fear, instinctively putting himself between Tirza and Kail. He had no idea how she would react, and he knew he had no say in what was best- but he wouldn't just let things happen without doing his best to avoid more bloodshed.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Kayden smiled to himself as he watched yet another one of the demons appear to come and join in the snow throwing. Rubbing his arms to try and warm them up, he was rather shocked when Otto all of a sudden walked back to him after having run by, only to pull him into a tight hug. He hadn't been expecting such a thing, especially seeing the other seem so into the snowball fight. Wrapping an arm around the blue haired boy, he smiled down at him “Thanks, Otto,” he said softly. After a moment, he patted the other on the back “Get back to your snowball fight. I'll be fine now.”

Kail chewed on his bottom lip as he looked around. Maybe Raven wasn't even in here. But he was sure that it had been his footsteps leading up to the library, and there weren't anything that had been leaving the building, that he had noticed anyway. Taking a small step forwards, he continued to look around before the other finally stepped out from behind a book shelf. Having put his jacket back on after it had been given back to him, he fidgeted with one of the sleeves.
“Uh... nothings really the matter...” he replied, looking down at the ground. He wasn't even sure if he could do this anymore. The thought of telling the other how he felt was one thing, but standing here in front of him about to attempt to tell him was different.
“I just uh... was walking about and thought I saw your boot prints in the snow...” It wasn't an exact lie. He had been walking around, and he had noticed the other's boot prints in the snow, but he had been looking for him in the first place. About to say something else, he stopped as he noticed the book in Raven's hands start to shake a little. Pushing aside his feelings for now, he tilted his head to the side and looked at the other, a small frown on his face. “Is everything okay?” he asked. He wasn't to sure if the other was cold again, or if something really was the matter. But whatever it was, something was causing the other to shake. Glancing up as he heard another voice, the brunet blinked and looked at Tirza before Raven spoke after her.
Listening to his friend talk to the demon, he tilted his head to the side and glanced between the two of them. He had almost forgotten about telling the other that Delores had been killed their first day there. Though it was important, it hadn't exactly been a thought after what Zeta had talked to, and proposed to him the night before. Hearing something about a journal, he blinked. Was that what had scared the other so much the day that they had been in the library together? Regardless of if it was, what was Raven going on about? Watching as his friend moved to stand in between himself and Tirza, his brow furrowed “Raven...” he said softly, taking a small step forward. “W..what're you talking about?” he asked quietly. He didn't exactly expect an answer, seeing as the other seemed upset about this whole thing, whatever it was. But it didn't hurt to ask.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Tirza paled at Ravens words. This was bad. She had assumed that her counterpart must have just been across the river with the other group of children. Looking back it seemed as though it was just her desperately hoping that was the case. She snapped back to focus on the current moment as Raven continued talking. wait... what? She looked at him confused for a moment before she understood. oh. oh no. She tensed. Terrified and feeling sick she stepped back, freezing for another moment before bolting for the other end of the library.This was bad. This was very very bad. Others had only figured out what she had done twice, and both times, it ended up worse than what she had gone back to fix. She had to find a loophole, there had to be something she could do to solve both problems. She skidded to a stop in front of the shelf that held her journal, sending up clouds of dust as she reached for it. She walked into one of the nearby offices that she had long since picked the lock on, leaving the door open behind her, and dropped the journal on the desk. She flipped through it trying to find the entry closest to when the children arrived. finding it she left it open to that page and grabbed a pencil and jotted down all she knew about what had gone wrong and set out to figure out how to fix it, searching through her notes for the answer.

Last edited by melodiousmysteries on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:51 am

As Kail said his name, he couldn't look at the other, couldn't answer his question. He wasn't sure how to.
He hesitated, taking a shaky breath. Maybe he should have told Kail, maybe he should have involved the other instead of keeping everything from him.
He had been scared Kail would have tried to protect him, or been stubborn enough to try to do things differently and end up getting himself hurt.
He had wanted to protect Kail while making as little ripples in the timeline as possible; he had thought he might be able to make it work without Kail having to go through what he was, with the memories and pain.
He watched numbly as Tirza's face went bloodless and she ran off, deeper into the library. Raven swallowed, stepping back and looking up at kail, his eyes full of despair and his mouth dry. "T-there's- nothing's okay...there's a lot I haven't said...I'm sorry Kail..." He said, his voice quiet. He felt awful for lying to his friend, even if he'd done it to protect him in the long run. He'd been so scared, he still was- of something going wrong, and now things were falling apart anyway.
But how could he think that way when Kail had put so much trust in him?
Kail had  been honest enough to tell him about his past- even though he had thought he was going to be hated or even hurt for it.
Now was the time to tell him, rather than prolonging it; no matter how much Kail was going to hate him, he owed it to the boy.
"When we were here that day- and I found the book with the things about us written in it, I didn't know what it was, and I didn't want to scare you... The first thing I read... It was about you- you dying." He said, feeling weak. "I came back that night and tried to figure out what it meant, and then I realized it was Tirza's... it was her journal. She controls time, and, well- we've done this before. Things went wrong, over and over again, and to stop everything from falling apart, she would take us back to the start and try to change things. " He took a breath, trying to keep going. "...At the communications tower... You would always die, or get hurt really badly, and because of that, things would go wrong, and Somnia and the others would end up dead or captured, everything would fall apart, and in a few days from now, it would all be ruined. So that's why I went with you to the tower. I thought if I could save you, things could be fixed, and you wouldn't have to die." He explained quietly. "But now that Delores is dead, we're back at the start." He swallowed again.
"Kail...in the first time lines... any that hadn't died before she went back... they would remember everything, and would act differently because of it- and it just messed everything up...So... she has to kill everyone who is still alive. Before going back." He said softly, searching Kail's face, trying to hold back the emotion welling up inside him. "I didn't want to tell you- you've already gone through so much- I didn't want you to worry or be scared or have to remember, like I have been." He said, his voice quivering. "The memories keep coming back to me- everything I felt and saw- and I can't take it anymore, Kail. I've died, I've seen you die, and no matter what I do I can't change it. It always ends up the same, I always lose you." He got out in anguish, hesitating. He wasn't strong enough to endure any more death, no matter what kind of resolution it might bring in the end, he couldn't. Everything he had gone through prior to coming here, the war, the torture, the constant death all around him,  combined with the violent memories of the failed timelines was pushing him over the edge. He felt overwhelmed and broken confessing everything, not sure what he was even supposed to be feeling anymore as he looked back at the boy before him helplessly, tears in his eyes.
He doubted Kail would want anything to do with him anymore after all this, and was braced for that, but he was more worried for him, and if he would be able to handle everything so suddenly.
He had to talk to Tirza, to work something out, to fix this again, but he could barely move.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top