Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Practice?maybe...decidophobia is real

Post by FictionalPieces on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:21 am

Kail frowned slightly a he listened to Raven mutter. The other had had a nightmare as well? Having been about to reach over towards him, he stopped himself quickly and wrapped his arm back around his leg "I.. I wasn't saying that yours was just something silly..." he said softly, looking over at him. "I've been having the same one for a while now so..." Noticing the dog out of the corner of his eyes, he sat up a bit straighter and watched it closely, afraid that it was going to try and attack Raven once more. "I'm fine..." he replied to the previous question of him being okay in a mutter, refusing to take his eyes off of the hound. Whether the creature seemed interested in him or not, he wasn't going to allow it to hurt Raven. He didn't care how pissed off it's soul got, but he wasn't going to hesitate to harm it.
When the dog walked away, Kail let out a sigh and rested his head against his knees. "I really wish it wasn't... all they've done is cause trouble..." Most things around here seemed to have caused some sort of trouble, but the dog could have easily killed Raven twice now. Just barely noticing Raven's eyes starting to fall shut once more, he shook his head as the other apologized. "Don't worry about me... I won't be getting back to sleep anytime soon..." He hadn't even meant to fall asleep in the first place, and he had slept enough to keep him going for a little while longer. "If you're still tired, you should get some sleep... you still look exhausted.." he commented lightly, a frown coming to his face.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Raven nodded a little. "I think they normally attack humans on instinct, like those other things we fought in the street on the first night. But Maybe they're confused now that they can feel your energy, and because it's like Zeta's." He suggested, curling up a little. As kail mentioned not being able to sleep, he nodded. He felt exhausted still but doubted he was going to be able to sleep how even if he tried. "No, I'm fine... It must be almost morning." He added, rubbing his eyes sleepily, and glanced at Kail, hesitating. "Did... did you want to talk about your dream?" He asked, glancing at the other. Sometimes it helped to get those things out, but then, Kail might not want to talk about it either.
(postisshitsorry)
Kazukedud
Admin

http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:45 pm

((Shhh Olive it's fine))

"I still don't really like the idea of them following me around if they somehow confuse the two of us... they're not exactly settling to be around..." he said with a sigh. He knew that it was likely something to do with his energy confusing the creatures, but none the less, he really didn't want them around him. Kail nodded slowly as Raven said something about it probably almost being morning. It was impossible to tell from in here, and he really didn't feel like going outside to check. He didn't want a run in with those things if it was somehow still the middle of the night outside. Blinking, he glanced towards Raven and shook his head "It's no big deal... Just one I've been having since I lost Yuki..." It wasn't a complete lie, but there was no way that he was going to admit to Raven or anyone else that the dark haired boy next to him had been in place of Yuki.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:12 pm

Raven nodded about the dogs. It was true they weren't the most friendly creatures, and it was kind of unnerving when they were walking around with half their pelt torn away and smelling of rotted meat. But it was better than having them trying to kill you, at least. He glanced up at the other boy as he mentioned the dream and Yuki. That had been the boy Kail had loved, right? "... I'm sorry." He said quietly. "Sometimes I have nightmares about a...a friend who died. About what I could have done differently to save her... I know it's not the same... but I...I understand." He said softly. It had been a little over a year since his life had turned upside down  after trying to protect his friend, many more since the bombings and the sickness had happened and wiped out so much of the population, but he still watched friends and family die around him almost every night, sometimes those he barely remembered; his mother or siblings, or sometimes those he'd been beside when they had drawn their last breath. But this had been the first time he'd been so torn up by a nightmare in weeks. He didn't want to think of those things happening to Kail. He stared down at the blanket slung over him quietly.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Kail shrugged as the other apologized "There's no need to be sorry..." he told the other, looking down at the ground. It wasn't like there was anything Raven could do, or would have been able to do if he had been there. "I understand what you mean... It's not even the fact I have nightmares about what else could have gone wrong, or what I could have done differently to save him... because I know that unless I just, hadn't met him or anything, nothing would have changed no matter what I did..." Spending long hours by himself locked up in his home had given him time to think about things that he could have done to maybe save the boy, but there really had been nothing. Even if he had stopped someone from shooting him, the bridge would have washed away. And even if he got him off of the bridge, someone would have shot him. "I just.. I always relive that moment... I don't think there's been a night that I've gone to sleep and haven't gone through it all over again..." he admitted quietly. "This one just seemed... different. Normally I can hear everything that went on that night... the people yelling... everything... but it was silent until..." he paused for a moment, fighting back a few tears. God he was pathetic. Pulling the fur up to cover most of his face, he carried on "Until the gun went off... that's why I woke up suddenly when you touched my hand... it had nothing to do with you.." Chewing his bottom lip, he slouched down a little bit, curling up into a tighter ball. "I'm sorry to bother you with this... I.. It's not that important anyway..."

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Raven listened quietly as the other tried to explain the recurring nightmare, feeling sorry for the other. No wonder Kail didn't usually want to sleep. He glanced up as the other mentioned the dream being different and quieter. Maybe that meant he was coming to terms with the whole thing, or his brain could just be incorporating other things into the nightmare because of all the stress from the recent events. He noticed Kail curl up, looking even more upset and embarrassed as he apologized. "No... it's alright." He replied quickly. "O-of course it's important Kail... if you lost someone you loved- if you went through all that and had no one to talk to...  it's not good to keep everything pent up inside you." He reasoned, reaching out to gently pat the other's arm, trying to comfort him, despite feeling awkward.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Kail shook his head quickly as Raven tried to tell him that it was important. He knew that Raven was right. It wasn't good to keep everything locked up inside of himself, but sometimes he really couldn't help it. There had been no one that he could talk to before this point. It had been hard enough to walk through the village afterwards when he knew everyone hated him. "I had no one to talk to. Everyone in our village knew, and I was back to being alone, except this time even my mother had left..." Everytime he felt tears coming on, he'd paise for a moment before he'd carry on. "It's really not that important... There's so many other things we need to worry about right now... None of which are my personal problems..." He'd held this in this long, so it wouldn't hurt to do it a little while longer. Feeling a pat on his arm, Kail blinked and looked over at Raven before down at his arm. "I really appreciate this... All this help or whatever you want to call it... but I think it's a bit to late to fix anything..." Even if he could somehow go back in time to try and fix everything that had gone wrong, he wasn't even sure what he would have done if Yuki had in fact stayed alive and he was ripped away from him when he ended up here. 

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:02 am

Raven was quiet as Kail denied his anguish as being important, and shook his head quietly, not sure what to say. "Maybe there are bigger things going on that individual people's pain, but you're still a person, and you don't deserve to suffer anymore than anyone else. You still have a right to be upset, and I still care." He said quietly. "...and... anytime you want to talk, it's alright... I don't mind." He added as Kail mentioned his appreciation. He paused, a little embarrassed to continue. "You've been so kind to me." He got out hesitantly. "We've only been here a couple weeks, but you've risked your life over me...and cried when I was hurt-I- I don't understand." He said, unable to look at the other. No one had ever seemed to care so much about him. He'd grown used to beatings and abandonment through his father, and after that it had been a string of one-sided emotions for others, almost everyone who he'd cared about had either lashed out at him in some way or had thought of him only as an acquaintance or subordinate. Even his friends had turned their backs on him for one reason or another, so- why did Kail think he was worth speaking to? Especially now, when he felt so mentally shattered and unsure of his own feelings. He had expected Kail to run in the other direction or give up talking to him already, but the other had stuck by him.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Kail let out a small sigh as he pulled his legs closer to his chest as he listened to Raven. It was nice to know that there was at least one person that cared about him, but he still knew that it didn't really matter. He didn't think so anyway. No one had cared back home. Hell his own mother hadn't even cared, so surely his pain wasn't anything important. "Thank you Raven..." he said softly, glancing over at him slightly. "I.. if you ever need to talk too.. I don't mind either.." he told him quietly before looking forward once more. Blinking as he heard him talk about how kind he had been to him, Kail stayed in silence as he watched him for a moment, not exactly to sure what to say. He couldn't exactly come right out and tell the other he had some sort of feelings for him, even if he wasn't completely sure what it was he was feeling. "I.. I'm sorry if I've been making you feel uncomfortable..." he started, his voice just above a whisper. "Even before the whole thing started with uh... Yuki..." He paused for a moment, chewing his bottom lip. "No one really wanted anything to do with me... Regardless of what I did, or tried to do, I was always left out. I mean, there were a lot of other kids my age in the village... Just, no one really cared about me, or what happened to me... So I guess now that someone does, I just.. I care about what happens to them... I already lost one person that cares about me... and I really don't want to lose the only other person that does..."

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Raven shook his head as Kail apologized. "N-no, you haven't." Kail hadn't done anything to make him feel uncomfortable; he just wasn't use to the gentleness and innocence of the other. He wasn't sure what to say. he wasn't the best with expressing emotions or receiving them, but  Kail had given him someone to talk to. He was quiet as the other continued, and took in a breath. He had lost so many that he had come to accept it when others died, but Kail was still hanging on to hope despite everything he had been through. One hand clutched the blanket as he listened, feeling awful for Kail. As the other finished, he leaned forward and hugged the other gently, trying to offer some comfort when he knew his words wouldn't.
 Was the other right to invest so much in him? Whatever Kail thought he saw in him was probably some illusion; the other was just going to be disappointed in him. Raven was nothing more than a worthless fragile boy whose only accomplishment had been surviving while others died around him. 
He felt like he was only going to hurt Kail if the other continued to feel that way, he felt guilty for accepting the other's kindness, for enjoying his company...but he couldn't bring himself to turn the boy away with cruel words or iciness, even to protect him...he didn't think he had it in him to see anymore suffering in his eyes, or to make the other feel alone or abandoned after everything Kail had already been through.  He shut his eyes as he held the other, conflicted, before drawing back and trying to offer a weak smile. "It...it'll be okay. things will work out." He said quietly as he looked back at the other, feeling like he was trying to reassure himself as well as Kail.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Kail glanced over at the other uncertainly as he was reassure that he hadn't made the other uncomfortable. He wasn't to sure whether the other was just saying that to make him feel better or if he was being honest. After he had fallen silent, Kail looked down towards the ground before he felt arms wrap around him. Blinking, he looked down at the other, having to try and choke back a few tears before he hesitantly wrapped an arm of his own around the dark haired male in order to return the hug.
Not wanting to keep the male there longer than he wanted to be, the brunet took his arm from around the boy relatively quickly, not wanting to actually make him uncomfortable. It wasn't to hard to tell that the male next to him wasn't all that comfortable with contact from others. The last thing he wanted to do in this whole mess was push away the one person who seemed to actually care. Even if they had only known each other for a few weeks, Kail didn't know what he would do if he somehow lost the other. Not even if the other was somehow killed in this whole thing, but if he just gave up on him and walked away.
It was still rather shocking to him that someone would even want to put up with him. Everyone else had pushed him away growing up, and even now he didn't get along with everyone that had been gathered here. He tried, but in the end it didn't really matter. It wouldn't even surprise him if at some point Raven did get sick and tired of him and wanted nothing to do with him. As hurt as he knew that he probably would be, he wouldn't stop the other. He wasn't going to force him to be friends with him or even stick by his side. Hearing Raven speak once more, Kail glanced over at him, watching him for a moment. Offering the other a small smile, he nodded a bit "We'll make it through this..." He wasn't 100% sure on the matter. He was more sure that more of them would end up dead than alive by the end of this whole thing, but he was really hoping that it wouldn't be the case.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Raven nodded as Kail replied and smiled, still a little worried about the other. He pushed the blanket to the side, resting it on the arm of the sofa before getting up unsteadily and straightening the white cotton sleep wear. He glanced up. 'I'm going to go check if it's morning yet; we should get back before the others worry or come looking for us.” He said quietly.
The boy walked over to the entrance, waiting for a moment encase Kail wanted to go with him, and exited into the tunnel, walking through the darkness toward the light of the stairs. A pale grey light shone down them, speckled with silent bits of snow slowly cascading onto the concrete steps like little bits of sky. He stepped up onto the first one and looked up into the milky white sky, breathing in the frosty air quietly before turning back. Walking was still a little difficult; he found himself still getting tired after a few steps, but he could make it back to the campus if Kail was ready to go.

He glanced over to where the three others were sleeping. He hesitated; it would be wrong to leave them here, despite everything. Zeta had said that they hadn't really wanted a part in this in the first place- so... He walked over and knelt down, touching Kayden's arm- he seemed the least fearful of them- to try and wake him up. “Hey... are you coming back with us?” He asked quietly, a little uncertain about trying to talk to the other- he wasn't sure if Kayden still held anger over what had happened last night, but he hoped they would be able to make ammends; he didn't feel good about being at odds with the others, despite the fact he had lost quite a bit of trust for the three.  
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Kail watched as Raven pushed the blanket back, his brow furrowing slightly as he the other stood up unsteadily. Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he nodded "It would be a good idea to... Just.. be careful..." He thought about getting up to follow beside the other boy, but decided against it. Even after their talk, he didn't want to risk pushing the other away.
Watching as the boy disappeared down the tunnel, Kail let out a sigh and closed his eyes for a brief moment. As time went on and the other didn't return, Kail thought about getting up to go and check to make sure that he was okay. What if he had lost the strength in his legs while walking and fell? What if one of the hounds had gotten a hold of him? Shaking the thoughts from his head, he looked up to see the other stop and kneel down, assuming that's where the other's had fallen asleep the previous night. Chewing on his bottom lip, he stayed silent as he looked down towards the ground, taking a deep breath.

Kayden had been the last to fall asleep, as far as he knew anyway. The hounds still made him uneasy, especially after one of them had attacked one of his companions. So he stayed awake to make sure that the other two were asleep and okay before allowing himself to do so.
Feeling a hand on his arm, Kayden jumped slightly, having not expected the sudden touch. Blinking as he glanced up to Raven, he brushed some hair out of his face as he sat up. Glancing towards the other two, he then looked back up at the boy "Are you even sure that they'd let us back..?" he asked softly, not wanting to wake up the other two boys.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Otto's eyes blinked open slowly from where he lay before he sat up, his ears perking a little as he woke up, rubbing his eyes and glancing at the other boys around him.  He liked the idea of going back, but shared Kayden's concern.

Raven nodded, whispering. "They don't know anything. I'll tell them Kail and I went to get fresh air and got lost, and you three came looking for us. " He suggested. "...If you want, It might be best for everyone they don't know for now." The boy got back to his feet and wrapped his arms around himself, shivering a little before offering his hand to help the other up. He wasn't certain of Zeta's motives, but alerting the others to his presence here might only cause problems for both sides. "But we should probably leave soon, or they'll come looking." He added quietly, before turning and heading back into the room where Kail was still, looking worried. "Are you ok to go? Or did you want to talk to Zeta first or something...?" He trailed off, unsure if the other was still bothered by their discussion in general or if something else was bothering him. Maybe he shouldn't have tried to leave so quicky.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Calor shifted a bit when Otto moved, having been sprawled out awkwardly on his back with one leg sprawled over the blue haired boy. He rolled over and looked blearily at the others, a guilty look settling on his features when he saw Raven and Kail. He hoped they werent mad at him and the other two, and was surprised at Ravens offer. He nudged Kayden with his elbow as if to say "come on, lets go" and got to his feet, more than a little happy with the idea of going back to the campus.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Kayden glanced towards his two companions. Though they had arrived at the campus together, he was sure that if any of the demons did figure out what was going on that he could convince them that they had nothing to do with what had happened. He'd take the blame for it all if it ever came to it. Jumping slightly as Calor nudged him with his elbow, he blinked as he watched the male stand up. Chewing on his lip, he stood and offered his hand to Otto "If something happens that they do find out, I'll take all of the blame. You two had nothing to do with it." Turning his attention to Raven, he frowned slightly "I'm sorry about last night... If I had any actual choice without the worries of some consequences coming down upon the three of us, I wouldn't have done it... but you know how Zeta can get when he's not right in his mind..." he said softly. Nodding as he watched the other walk off, he turned to the other two "I guess we're going back then..."

Having been lost in his thoughts, Kail hadn't heard Raven walk up to him. So when he started to speak, asking if he was okay to head out, the brunet jumped slightly. Blinking, he looked up at him and shook his head. Unfolding from being curled up, he stood up and straightened out his jacket a little bit "I'm fine to go... I don't want to risk trying to talk to him this morning.." he told the other. Glancing towards the room that the other had disappeared into to try and find the other's to talk to, he tilted his head a bit "Are they coming back with us?" he asked quietly.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Raven nodded to Kayden hesitantly as the other apologized. He understood; he was no one to criticize another for fallowing what the had been told to do... He swallowed, struggling over this knowledge and the terror and rage he had felt when Kail had fallen seemingly lifeless into his arms the night before. He knew that if he had had the energy, he likely would have hurt the three, and this made him feel more conflicted as he looked back at the three where they had been curled up together peacefully, and he let out a shaky breath. "If something like that happens again, talk to us. We could have helped." He said softly, before turning away to talk to Kail.

Raven was quiet as the other got up and explained. He didn't blame him for not  wanting to stay around and chat; Zeta might be in a completely different state than last night. "Yeah. I think so... Kayden seemed pretty sorry." He said, keeping his voice low to match the brunet's, not sure if Kail was still very angry at the other boy. He decided to change the subject. "It's snowing outside." He said, smiling at the other and pointing back towards the entrance to the subway tunnel. He was a little excited about that, despite everything, he didn't care that he was in torn up pajamas.

Otto scrambled up beside Calor when the other nudged him. He was quite ready to leave and get away from the dogs. He walking forward a little, looking around, oblivious to the others as he noticed the strange white flakes falling down where the light shone into the tunnel. What was that?
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Kail nodded his head slightly as he looked down for a moment. He didn't exactly blame the boy 100%, he had just been listening to Zeta. Hell, he would have done the same thing if it came down to it. Or well, of he even had the guts too. "I'm not actually angry at him... I wouldn't want to go against Zeta either if it had been me... I'm more upset that you got dragged into it when you were already injured..." he said, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

As the subject was changed, Kail blinked and looked up at him as snow was mentioned. He had really been hoping that he wouldn't see any of it while they were here. He had seen enough of it in his lifetime. Returning the small smile, he tilted his head to the side a little "Did you get much snow in your home land?" he asked, shoving his hands into his pockets. After a moment, he unzipped his coat and shrugged it off before offering it to Raven "You're going to want this if it's cold enough to snow... Those clothes don't look very warm..."

Kayden nodded slightly "We figured... or well I figured.. that you wouldn't agree to it. Whether both of you protested or not..." Turning his attention to the other's as Raven walked off, he glanced up towards the opening in the tunnel, narrowing his eyes slightly at the white flakes that fell from the sky. Snow was rather uncommon where he was from, but traveling high up in the mountains, he had seen it a few times. Glancing towards Otto, he tilted his head to the side a bit "You haven't seen that before, have you?" he asked, remembering that the boy had been locked up.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 pm

"Don't be. I fallowed of my own will, and they didn't hurt me, really. I'm just sorry I made things worse than they already were." He muttered. He felt so stupid and useless; if the whole thing had led to a conflict he likely would have just ended up getting in the way. He needed to stop over shooting his own limits like that, and ending someone that needed to be looked after... It was just... hard to get stronger, to eat enough or even get enough sleep with the sickness constantly plaguing him. He looked up at Kail asked about the snow, he glanced up, and nodded. "Yeah... but it was toxic... acidic I guess. You couldn't stay out in the rain or snow too long unless you had an air purifier- ah-a gasmask, or it could make you ill if you breathed to much of it in. " He said, sort of sadly. "But I think it's safe here." He smiled faltering, trying to push back an image from long ago. Gasmask-clad children building a snowman, muffled laughter echoing in the silence, then one brave girl taking off her mask to catch a snowflake on her tongue, the others playing along, alive with excitement before giggles of joy turned to confused cries of terror and bloody coughs of scarlet on the snowy ground.
He shook away the thought as Kail offered up his jacket, coming back and hesitating before pushing it back as he saw what Kail was wearing. "You don't any sleeves! These are better than what you have on." He laughed a little, shaking his head. "It's okay. It's not a long walk... I'll be fine." He said, trying to assure the other he would be ok. He strode towards the entrance, looking up the concrete stairs. He hadn't had to climb or descend them last night; the dogs had taken care of that when they tackled him down them, but now it was going to be fun. He puffed cloudy breath into the air, glancing back and waiting to go up after them; he didn't want to get in front of them and slow them all down, he'd just trail at the back and if he needed to breathe, he could. Ugh. He felt like an elderly person. Once they got back he was going to force himself to get stronger, whether it was chocking down that nasty black 'food' or just pushing himself, he couldn't be weak like this.  He watched Otto with curiosity as the small boy walked up, looking amazed by the falling snow.

Otto whirled, looking back and shaking his head. "What is it?" He asked, walking up to the opening near Raven and cautiously peering at it. A flake landed on his nose, shockingly cold, and he jumped back, his ears flattened. "Is it dangerous? Is the sky breaking?" He asked, almost nervous but completely astonished by the strange occurrence.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:34 pm

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Raven," he said, offering the other a small smile to try and reassure him. He hated knowing that Raven thought it was his fault when it really wasn't. Sure he had followed, but that didn't make it his fault. Pushing it aside once more, he nodded slightly as the other explained about what their snow had been like. "I don't think many places have acidic or toxic snow... or well not back where I'm from that I knew of..."
Blinking as the other refused the jacket just because he didn't have any sleeves, Kail let out a light chuckle, shaking his head. "It's honestly no problem. This is nothing compared to what it was like back home. I think only one month, maybe two if we were lucky, didn't have snow or cold temperatures," he told the other, not bothering to put his jacket back on. Despite the cold that had brought the snow, the brunet didn't find it any different than any other day when the sun was out and it was warm. Holding the jacket, he followed Raven to the stairs before looking up.
Glancing back at Raven as they stopped at the bottom of the steps, he frowned slightly. Allowing Kayden, Otto and Calor to go on ahead of them, he stopped next to Raven and smiled faintly "You go on first... I'll be behind you just in case you slip or something..." he said softly. Realizing that it may have seemed like he thought Raven couldn't handle himself, he held his hands up slightly "Not that I don't think you can do it yourself... the steps just might be wet or something..."

Kayden smiled faintly as he watched the blue haired boy whirl around and look up at the snow. Laughing as the other asked about the sky breaking, he shook his head as he walked forward "No the sky's not breaking, Otto," he tried to reassure him. "It's snow. When it gets cold enough and it's suppose to rain, this comes down instead," he tried to explain to the other.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Raven hesitated as Kail offered to let him go first, giving the other a look. But he knew he shouldn't react like that; the other boy was just trying to be kind... and Kail was right, despite the fact he was even willing play along with whatever was left of Raven's shattered pride. He nodded, his cheeks glowing with embarrassment. "Th-thanks.." He murmured, swallowing. "It... it's really okay though." 
He tried to hurry up the stairs, his body aching from the effort by the time they reached the top, even though it was only a couple flights, but he felt a small sense of accomplishment for being able to do it without needing help. The boy looked around when he reached the top, taking in the snow-covered surroundings. Everything looked so different and eerily beautiful. He glanced back at Kail,  elated and barely feeling the cold at all. 

Otto nodded, still confused about a lot of what the other had just said, not getting some of the words still, but he thought he understood... sort of. He ran up the stairs and looking back, remembering Zeta. He wondered briefly if the other would come after them. He couldn't smell anything in the cold air. He nestled deeper into his jacket; not sure how he felt about the temperature, but experimented with the snow, picking it up and crushing it in his hands, he made a compact ballish shape and tossed it from hand to hand, a giggle escaping him, the feeling was odd. "Kayden!" He burst out with excitement, trying to toss it to the other and hitting him in the face with the snow by accident, he froze, scared he'd hurt the other. oops.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Kail took a small step back as he noticed the other give him a look. "I-I'm sorry... I can go first if you want me too..." he offered, chewing on his bottom lip. He honestly just didn't want the other to fall backwards and hurt himself even more. Sure it may not even have phased him after everything else he had been through, but it didn't stop him from worrying. Staying silent, he followed Raven up the stairs.
It wasn't really hard to tell that the other was trying to hurry up the stairs. He wanted to tell him to slow down and just take his time, but he didn't want to anger the other or upset him. Just in case he did fall or trip or something, Kail stayed behind him, though a couple of steps away to give the other room. Looking around at the snowy landscape, Kail hung his jacket over his arm. He wasn't going to bother putting it back on just in case Raven did end up needing it. He knew that it wasn't really that long of a walk back to the campus, but that was without being injured. Glancing up at the snow covered buildings, he took a deep breath of the cold air before glancing over at Raven "You ready to head back then?"

Kayden followed up the stairs behind Otto, slowing down when the other stopped to look back. He glanced over his shoulder, figuring that the other was thinking about Zeta. "I'm sure that he'll be fine with us going. We've done what we've had to," he said, smiling. Once outside, Kayden let out a shiver. He'd have to look around for a coat or something back at the campus. Hearing his name be called, he turned to look at his blue haired companion, letting out a small yelp as he was hit in the face with the snow ball. Rubbing his nose, he noticed that Otto had tensed up. Holding his hands up, he smiled "I'm fine!"

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Raven felt bad as Kail apologized. The boy hadn't done anything to be sorry for. He knew he was just being a jerk over the whole thing, not excepting help when it was obvious he needed it. He just didn't want to rely on the other so much. He nodded as they walked through the snow, but didn't really know what to say. Kail had his Jacket off for him, waiting to give it to him when he gave in. He felt a pang of confliction. He wanted to be stubborn and just be left to look after himself, that's what he ...But he was rejecting Kail when that was likely all the boy had faced up until this point, and the other was just taking it patiently. Tiny clouds escaped around him with every breath as he stayed quiet for a few moments in hesitation. He glanced at the other, slowing in his tracks. "If you're that set on giving it to me, why don't we just share it?" He suggested sheepishly. That came out wrong. "Uh-h- I mean like sling it over both our shoulders or something- not- uh- you know what I mean. So you wouldn't be cold either." He stumbled over his words, his hands clutching the hem of his shirt as he tried to hide his embarrassment and shivering.

Otto nodded, hesitating as he watched Kayden rub the snow off his face, before running around a little ahead of the others, enjoying the snow.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Kail tilted his head as he waited for an answer. If Raven wanted to stop and catch his breath or rest, he would wait with him if the other's want to run off ahead to get back to the campus before the snow fell any heavier and it got colder. Not wanting to get to close to the other and make him angry, Kail stayed a little ways away from Raven as they walked, keeping his gaze down towards the ground when they finally did start moving. He thought briefly about slowing down to move behind Raven and just drape the jacket over his shoulder's, but he decided against it. He didn't want to push him away, even if he was just trying to help. Rejection wasn't anything new to him. But as horrible as it may have made him feel, he pushed it aside. There was no time to get upset over it. Noticing the other slow down, Kail slowed his own pace to match that of the other's. While it wouldn't slow them down to the point of talking all day to get there, he didn't imagine that it would be that easy to walk with the both of them hunched up under the jacket. "I really don't mind just giving it to you, Raven..." he told the other, his brow furrowing a bit. "This is warm compared to home.." Chewing on the inside of his cheek, he glanced away for a moment, feeling his cheeks heat up ever so slightly. "Though if that's the only way you're going to accept it... I just don't want to trip you up or anything..."

Kayden smiled at the other "It's really fine. I've had worse before," he replied, trying to reassure him. Watching as Otto ran off ahead of them, he placed his hands into his pockets to try and keep them warm as they walked. Glancing over his shoulder to ask if the other two were coming, he raised an eyebrow as he saw that they had fallen behind and their pace had slowed down. Shaking his head, he turned his attention forward once again.

FictionalPieces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Raven shrugged. "No...it's fine if you really aren't cold... I really appreciate- it's just... I don't want you to get sick or something because of me." All I'm doing is making things worse. He thought in distress as he noticed Kail blush. The other was so willing to give up his own comfort. And it was either accept the jacket and take away whatever protection the boy had from the cold, or risk hurting the other emotionally. As he took the jacket and put in on reluctantly, he walked close to the other to at least provide some warmth, unable to really say anything for fear it would come out nonsensical again. The fur half covered his face and the sleeves hung over his hands a little, he felt a little silly...but he was warm... though- what if he got blood on it? He looked down, uncertain as he walked next to the other boy.

Otto slipped on a patch of ice, managing to remain on his feet and letting out a cry of confusion that turned to delight before he slid across the road and smacked into a brick wall. He scrambled up, looking back with a startled, scuffed face at the others, not sure what had just happened. He made his way carefully off the ice, staring at it in contemplation as he pulled his hood up to keep his ears warm. This was so weird. Normal though the others had said?
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top