~~ Sigma ~~

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am

Calor sat behind the grate to the arena, waiting for his turn to fight. The bars were rusted, and the ground beneath it was nothing more than sand that threw up dust whenever the guards shifted their stance. The boy had long since gotten used to their constant presence and had learned his place here early on, coming to terms with it.
He looked up at the pained noises coming from beyond the grate, mixed in with the shouts and cheers and what sounded like a hungry animal. They seemed to be favoring the beasts today as opposed to pitting him and the others against each other. But there seemed to be another noise out there, something that wasn't usually there, some kind of commotion, screams that weren't from the arena floor.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Ijetu made his way down the dusty desert city road, weaving around carts and people as they made their way around in a rush. He looked about curiously for any sign of the university he'd noted on his last trip to the area, but it was so noisy, and he couldn't quite remember his way. On his next turn, he noticed the steep stone walls bordering what seemed to be a coliseum, and made note of the boisterous cheers and chaos resounding from the structure. Curiously, he approached the building, and glanced over the stairs leading into the entrance, before ducking into the shadows and vanishing, reappearing a the back, empty row of the stadium seats. It had been a long time since he had seen an entertainment ring, and was curious to see what beasts or strange sights might be on display. 
He drew his lip up in disgust when he saw two poorly clad men fighting off a bestial lion-ape creature with spears. What sick barbarians ran this sort of abominable waste of life? 
Decidedly, he strode down the steps centered between the rows of seats, and leapt into the ring, kneeling as he fell, he hit the hard-packed sand and stood in a fluid motion, heading straight for the beast and the two men at a steady pace.
Ije heard an uproar of an elegent latin-greco creole cried out behind him before an armored soldier lunged at him, driving a spear at his chest. He sidestepped swiftly and clutched onto the weapon, shouldering into the man and sending him rolling onto his back before bringing the but of the spear down through his skull.
He freed the weapon and picked up his pace across the sand, screaming at the beast, which turned on its heals in bewilderment towards him. He waved the spear in the air at the creature, then lowered it to his side and spoke firmly but softly.
The creature looked confused, but seemed to understand his intentions and wandered from the humans to pace off to the side, it's soulful eyes full of anxiety and anger.
The two men looked far more bewildered as he walked away from them to face the half-dozen soldiers headed in his direction. Unafraid, he ran at the group, throwing the spear hard and hitting one of them in the chest before warping and freeing it from the fallen body, striking another and vanishing before lunging again from the opposite side and scattering the terrified men. Breathing hard from the exertion, he warped too late and staggered, his side wounded by a quick strike as he stumbled into the sand again, opposite the remaining soldiers, who charged at him. 
The beast fell on them with heavy limbs and a snapping jaw, driving them into the sand, while Ije whispered a thanks to the creature and bounded in quick strides across the arena towards a low podium, where an increasingly agitated looking man sat with a full group of servants and guards.

When the duke had been destroyed by the beast and the guards were fleeing, Ije smashed through the doors to the underground prisoner's quarters, and led the two men in to help fight with the guards and release the other captives. 
Soon there was full blown chaos as prisoners and beasts alike escaped through the catacombs and into the structure and the city beyond, while guards were trampled and chased off. Ijetu admired his work and let out a puff of breath. That would do.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:35 pm

The nearby guards seemed distressed by the sound outside, opening the gate to go out and help. He grew tense, peeking out of the gateway, terrified at the sight. So much blood. What was going on? The boy ducked back in as one of the beasts ran by, covering his head as he cowered in the corner.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Ije walked along the walls, ready to find the beast and make his exit until he noticed the child huddled in the corner, clearly afraid. He slowed by the other, feeling pity for the boy, and knelt next to him, resting a hand on his shoulders. 
"Come little one, it's okay. Don't be scared at this; you're safe." He assured firmly, standing to his full height again and holding his arm out to lead the other along if he would follow.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Calor flinched at the contact, looking up with frightened eyes. He watched the other warily, hesitating before reaching for the others hand and getting to his feet.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Ije lead the boy into the arena, where more soldiers were fighting a loosing battle against the wounded beast and the patrons had all but scattered. He held onto the boy firmly so as not to loose him in the chaos, and called out to the ape-lion, who charged back towards them in a flurry, it's pelt stained with blood as it came to a rough halt, looking back in confusion and fear as the world shimmered away in golden light and they stood in an empty, pale green field, the scent of clover and daisies soft and light in the warm air.  Ije let go of the two, but kept the boy at his side. "You're safe, my friends. Rest and be at peace with one another, and I will find you water, and return you home if you wish. Do you understand?" He asked, looking more intently at the massive beast, but he saw only pain and intelligence its dark eyes, no malice. He reached forwards slowly and touched its forehead  gently. "Speak if you wish."

Slowly, the creature blinked, resting into a pained sitting position. "Thank you." It rumbled, it's voice more baritone than any man's. It's lips and mouth did not move like a human, yet the air around it seemed to resonate with a clear voice.

"You will not hurt the boy." Ije stated, although his voice did not suggest he thought otherwise.

The beast rested, sinking down to lay more at ease and regaining it's breath slowly. "No, Old One."

Ije nodded and turned to the boy at his side. "Are you alright? I will not hurt you, don't be afraid." He added again, though the boy's fear was to be expected after all of the chaos he had just experienced.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Calor followed the stranger willingly until the creature started in their direction again, pulling against the others hand in an attempt to get away. He stumbled back when the strange person let go of his hand, landing on the soft grass. He looked around, startled. What just happened?

The boy stiffened at the creatures voice, looking back at it in shock. What was going on? Was this a dream?
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Sigma looked at the boy in slight concern. It must be a lot to take in, and he was just a child. He stepped back to give the young one some time to recover before he finally spoke. "I am a spirit of speech and knowledge... I brought you both to a safe place away from the Arena you were imprisoned in. Nothing will harm you here. I can bring both of you home if you have a family or place you lived before that you wish to return to?" He offered.

The Leomuta rested quietly in the clover, looking at Sigma with sorrowful, contemplative dark eyes as it seemed to consider this. "Nothing." It rumbled sadly. "I will sleep." It murmured again, laying it's head in it's paws and closing it's eyes wearily.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:20 am

Calor shook his head slowly, still wide eyed and tense. This had to be a dream. But could he even really come up with this on his own?
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:52 am

Sigma frowned a little in worry at the reaction from the two. He knelt then, shifting and sitting cross-legged in the grass between the two and thinking quietly while he let them both calm down. How many years did he have left? The thought echoed in his head, suddenly feeling as though there might not be enough to look after the child  long enough to help him. He could leave him in an orphanage, but he had no idea how traumatized the little one was, or if he even knew how to speak or survive normally, but he'd dragged him out of the coliseum, and he sure as hell wasn't taking him back. "You may call me Ijetu, What is your name, boy?" He asked gently. Damn he was terrible with kids, maybe Nadia or Daer or maybe Sliet could help him out. Certainly not Zeta.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Calor blinked at the man, still in shock. He had long since been taught not to talk, or else. He had gotten very good at it. Even if this was a dream, he wasn't taking that chance.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Ije waited for a while before deciding the boy likely wasn't going to speak for now. "Stay here, I'll be back in a moment." He told them, climbing to his feet and walking a bit away before he vanished into the air. 
It was several minutes before he rematerialized, a couple of jugs and a metal basin in his hands. He uncorked the smaller jug and passed it to the boy. "Water." He told him, before spilling the second into the basin and carrying it with some effort to the Leo, and returning to sit as the large creature ambled up, rising to his feet and lowering his weary head to lap at the water.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Calor looked at the jug for a moment before taking it. The boy sniffed it and took a sniff. It didn't smell poisoned. He took a small sip and started to quickly down the water a moment later. It was the cleanest hed ever tasted besides the rain. far better than what he was usually given.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Sigma smiled kindly as the other drank back the water. "There you go, there's lots more where that came from." He assured, waiting the boy to finish before he slowly got to his feet again. "Come along with me, we're going to see a friend." He told the other gently, reaching his hand out to lead the other off. "We'll be back soon, friend." He told the beast, who gulped away at the water with no response.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Calor set the jug down when he had finished, gulping at the air as he remembered to breathe. He nodded, pushing himself to his feet and taking Ijes hand without question this time.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm

Ije grasped the boy's hand firmly to keep him from slipping away in the ripples of space-time before picturing the familiar golden fields and watching them materialize in front of himself and the boy. Among the tall, swaying grass, he looked about for the rocky hillside that made up Sliet's cave-home before heading towards it, looking around curiously for the woman. "Come on, boy." Ije addressed the other kindly, leading him towards Sliet's home. 
As they got closer, he called out hopefully. "Slieeeet!? It's me, Ije, are you here?" He called, his voice booming deeply across the empty grassland, not painful or overly loud in volume, but as if his voice was carried impossibly far by the wind.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Sliet was sitting in the shade of a small tree overlooking her village when she heard the voice. She glanced over her shoulder in the direction of her home. What was Ije doing here? She got to her feet, brushing herself off and disappearing into a whirlwind of flames, reappearing near her garden, singing the nearby grass but not doing any real damage. $he looked over at the figure of her friend, looking over at the boy curiously before adressing them. "Hello. What can I do for you?" she asked. Even if they were her friends, the others rarely came here unless they needed something.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:06 am

Ije shrugged a little, looking ever so slightly worried. "I need your help to topple a slave ring, maybe a government. I may have started a fight with some jackasses running a coliseum. They were using innocents to fight for entertainment." He explained, ruffling Calor's hair gently and glancing down at the boy. "I don't really feel like letting them get back to it, but unfortunately I cant really shout everyone to death, and while I am an extraordinary fighter, I thought you might want to help." He added, half joking about his abilities as a fighter, but he was serious in his dilemma. 
"There's also this boy. He was in the arena too, but he's kind of shy and I don't want to just leave him, but... I cant really go to Nadia and Zeta for help right now, and I'm really bad with kids." He explained hopelessly, his tone becoming much more informal now that he was speaking to Sliet, but sadness filled his voice when he mentioned his two friends.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 am

Sliet nodded as Ije explained, crossing her arms thoughtfully. "How long do you think this'll take us?" she asked, considering their options for the boy and how long she was willing to leave raven for.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 am

Ije glanced around thoughtfully. "Ahh... well, we could just burn down the coliseum, but I doubt that'd take care of the problem, they'd just go somewhere else. We might need to send a message and go after whoever thinks this is a good form of entertainment." He pondered. "Maybe a few days if you're willing... If not I can ask Porfirio." He added smilingly. 

At the sound of voices, Raven jogged up from the garden to see what was going on, approaching cautiously at first as the two others came into view. They seemed friendly enough, maybe they were Sliet's friends?
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:25 am

Sliet tensed at the mention of porfirio, narrowing her eyes dangerously. "I am more than capable." she snapped defensively. "Raven!" she called for the boy. "I have to go away for a couple days and we need you to babysit. Think you can handle it?"

The small dragon followed after Raven, her dirty feathers blending in well with the grass. She grew excited at the scent of new people, rushing forward to greet the newcomers with excited little yaps.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

"Of course, I didn't mean to offend." He grinned, then grew suddenly tense as the boy appeared and the dog-sized dragon lunged towards them, standing in front of Calor and baring his teeth at the creature, conveying a warning of violence, his hand on the blade at his hip before the older boy wrapped his arms around the creature's neck and chest and drew her back. 

"Sorry-" Raven apologized, holding onto the dragon firmly but carefully and trying to sooth her, petting her feathery neck in gentle strokes as he knelt beside her. "Easy, wait up." He told her, smiling shyly at the two newcomers when Sliet spoke. It was nice to see new people. "Uh, Of course." He replied, glancing back at the younger boy. "Hello, my name's Raven. This is Ignis, she's friendly, don't worry." He added, referring to his feathered companion.  

Ije looked over the two curiously, nodding, and spoke a few words that seemed to resonate around him, making it so the group could communicate and understand each other. "Theres another, a Leomuta who helped us fight out of the Arena. He is passive, could he rest here? They tend towards eating plants, he would be no threat." He asked Sliet.
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Ignis wiggled against Ravens grip, claws scabbling against the ground. She reached back, sniffing at Raven, wondering why he was holding her back. She stopped blinking when the stranger spoke. She understood that. 

Sliet nodded almost reluctantly. "Okay. But only for a few days. " she conceded.

Calor cowered behind Ije, holding onto his hand tightly.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Ije nodded. "Thank you, I will retrieve him." He told her, petting Calor on the back to send him over to the others and vanishing. 

Raven glanced at the scared boy, concerned. He looked petrified. He just hoped the other wouldn't take off in fear. Had they said something about a slave ring?
"Did you want to find something to eat?" He asked the other gently, when his introduction wrought no response. "Theres a river down there if you want to wash up, too, the water's warm." He told him.

Ije returned moments after with the towering golden beast, quiet as he spoke to the creature, explaining. The Leomuta looked over the others with a somehow humble face, lowering itself submissively in the presence of the two gods.
"You can rest here for now, friend, these two will be here with you."
With that, the man turned to Sliet. "Shall we go? Or is there anything you have to attend to first?"
avatar
Kazukedud
Admin

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Calor looked scared and lost when Ije disappeared. He only half listened to the boy, shaking in fear. 

Sliet nodded to the creature as it bowed, turning back to ijetu. "Ready when you are."

Ignis looked at the humans, confused as to why she could understand them now. She wriggled away from Raven when the new creature appeared. "Friend?" the air around her seemed to ask as she trotted up to the Leo, sniffing around him.
avatar
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Posts : 978
Join date : 2014-08-12
Age : 19
Location : middle of nowhere in the great white north

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~~ Sigma ~~

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum