Future thing

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Future thing

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Kat glanced between Sliet and her former captor with almost feral eyes and a look of disbelief. "What are you talking about?!" She demanded, jerking against Sliet's hold on her coat and trying to understand what was going on. Were they working with the federation now? She tried to shake off the thought that Sliet had been the traitor but felt anger burning in her throat. "You think I would forget your slimy face you bastard? I'm going to strangle you with your own spine!" She snarled, struggling against Sliet with only enough resolve not to hurt the other. That man was a monster, what the hell did Sliet mean he was okay?

Anderson stared at the other in shock, feeling his own anger among a sea of confusion, fear and guilt. He had no idea what to say, and he didn't think running would do him any good, but he took a few steps back regardless.
Kazukedud
Admin

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:17 pm

"Run Dudley. She can and she will." Sliet instructed him quickly with a tense calm replacing her earlier euphoria. She looked around quickly. They were attacking a lot of attention. "Kat c'mon. It's complicated. Let's get some breakfast and catch up."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Anderson backed away before heading away quickly, glancing warily over his shoulder as he did so, not finding any smart remarks in his mouth this time. He felt like keeping his bones inside his body.

Kathrine struggled free as the man left, summoning all of her self control as she restrained herself from running him down and bludgeoning him with a rock. She looked to Sliet with fire in her green eyes, her hands in quivering fists at her sides. She wasn't about to let this go by any means, but she remembered why she'd come here and how worn out she was, and that Sliet was alive. She swallowed, trying to control herself as she noticed others watching them, and realizing how wild she must look with her torn clothing, tangled hair, tired eyes and starving body. "Breakfast would be nice." She voiced quietly, composing herself but remaining wary, trying to maintain some semblance of dignity despite her rough state.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:32 am

Sliet nodded, frowning with worry at Kat's state, quickly leading her to the mess hall that they had set up. She retrieved two hot rations of coffee substitute, what seemed to be egg and some kind of plant, but she knew it was good. She found a table off to the side, setting all but one of the cups of coffee in front of the other and waiting for her to get comfortable before even trying to explain. "So. What do you want to know first?" she asked, sitting back in her chair.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:25 am

Kat followed her into the tent, sitting down uncomfortably at the table and looking around cautiously until the other returned. When the smell of food hit her, her manner shifted to intent. "Thanks," She mumbled with a nod, before taking the coffee and drinking it back in it's entirety with no hesitation. She felt it burn her mouth and throat but barely winced. She was a little more careful eating through the mashed vegetable and egg, but it was still gone in a matter of a few minutes. It was by no means enough to replenish her energy completely, but she felt a pleasant buzz of warmth and energy spread out from her abdomen as the tech began converting the nutrition long before her stomach. She hesitated at Sliet's question, not all that certain, but started with the first thing that came to mind. "What's Flora like? What do you think of it? What are the people like?.. And why did they come back here with you?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 pm

"It's..." Sliet hesitated in her answer. "Different. Beautiful. They've kind of got things figured out. They're having a hard time with all the new people, but it'll be fine by the time we get back."

"They didn't come back here with me. I came back here with them. They would have come back whether i did or not. I came to make sure they don't get themselves killed." She said almost angrily. " After we got there and they realized that there were still people on earth, they decided to come back to help." She explained, taking another sip of her coffee. "Dudley's helping too." She added, feeling the need to defend her friend.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Kathrine listened quietly, somewhat confused by the turn of events, and frowning again when she brought up the man. "Captain Anderson? How exactly is he helping?" She asked bitterly."Is there some connection going on with the Federation now?" The blonde added suspiciously, her tone cold. She didn't want to accuse Sliet, but she did want answers.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:08 pm

"What? No. We haven't even been here two days. That wouldnt even be possible." Sliet responded offended.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:19 pm

"Before the takeoff." Kat stated quietly, though she felt relieved they weren't working with the federation, she didn't feel any more at ease. "They didn't find us by coincidence. Before you arrived, I got wind they were onto us, and one of us tipped them off, or at the very least was actively communicating with them. You were with the army, you and that boy, er, Harir, that you brought along. And then those recruit and the Captain. The responses were sent before you even got there, but do you know anything?" She asked her solemnly. "Its over now. I just want to understand why. And why we're now friends with a federation army captain?" She muttered the last part bitterly, but waited for an answer.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 am

Sliet looked at the other sadly. "Kat..." She started, worried. "It's complicated... I think you should talk to Ashi..."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 am

"I can handle complicated, what I can't handle is one of us throwing away everything we worked for, the people we lost, the lives of those hundreds on board the second Carrier. If... if Ashi did this, I'll-" She retorted, but was surprised by the ferocity and hatred in her voice, and let her words die in her mouth, feeling tears of rage sting her eyes as she looked into Sliet's golden ones and took a deep breath before looking back down, and reminding herself again. It was over now. Nothing she could do would bring back Otifer. At least she still had Sliet and the others, she didn't want to throw that away. "I'm sorry..." She added more quietly. "How's life been like to you? Do you still see the friends you made?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Sliet listened to kat worriedly. As much as she understood the anger, she also knew it would do more harm than good. "uh, yeah. Yeah. some of them stayed behind on flora. You know, for safety reasons and stuff. Some of them were /Supposed/ to stay on flora..." She said, sounding stressed. "Ooh. I got a job taking care of horses at home. "
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:23 pm

Kat listened with slight confusion, but smiled a little at Sliet's job. "Oh? Fancy that. That's good." She replied, knowing how much the other adored the animals. She'd always been a bit worried about the three fitting into a functioning society, let alone herself, but felt relief to hear Sliet seemed to at least have a good job. "Have you been happy there?" She asked hopefully.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:38 am

Sliet smiled at the change in the conversation, having gone from Kat wanting to kill Ashi, to Kat saying "fancy that". "Yeah. It's really nice. you'll love it"
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm

The blond nodded, easing into her chair a little with weariness. "What about the others? Are Alex and Ashi, and the kids doing alright?" She asked curiously. "Are you still able to be around each other?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:14 pm

"We can most days. Those are the days we don't want to kill eachother. They happen sometimes." sliet answered, only half joking, mostly meanig Ashi and Pel.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:26 pm

"What about Harir?" She asked gently, not certain of the answer she was going to get "Are you two still together?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

"Uhm. Well. Actually..." sliet hesitated, feeling as though sje was about to confess a terrible crime to her executioner. "Funny story. We actually got married while we were on flora." She answered, fumbling a bit over her words. She gave an awkward smile waiting for Kat to yell at her, or jump accross the table.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 pm

"Sliet?!" Kat startled, sitting forward in her chair and reaching across to grab onto the other's hands. "MARRIED? You're married?!" Kathrine herself didn't seem to be able to decide what she was feeling, but her expression shifted into a shocked grin. "That's.. Wow Sliet, that's wonderful, and- and really-I don't know what to say-" She hesitated then, looking devastated for a second before trying to smile again, realizing suddenly how much of the other's life she'd missed, how she hadn't been there for something so important, while struggling to be happy for the other and feeling a striking worry and sense of loss. 
She squeezed the other's hands gently. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." She got out, her voice bittersweet.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Sliet leaned back in her seat, startled by the others exclamation. "It's okay Kat" she responded softly when the other seemed sad. "I'm just glad you're okay."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Kathrine hesitated at the other's reply, drawing back and looking shocked, trying to think and wrap her head around the whole thing. "I'm glad you're happy- Are you living together? Do you have plans? Or- or kids?" She asked cautiously. The thought of Sliet having children both made her stomach flip and filled her with a sense of warmth. It had been a long time since there'd been little ones running around, and as much as she hated to admit it, she missed cuddles and reading them bed time stories, and the thought that Sliet could be a mother both terrified her and made her proud.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:02 pm

"Kind of. You remember Raven and pel?" Sliet asked, not really expecting an answer. "Well we kind of adopted them, more for convenience and to keep everyone together. There's Matvey too, but he stayed behind to be safe. We've got a place, the five of us and the dogs back on Flora." she explained happily, leaving out the part where she had planned for the rest of them to stay behind as well.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Kathrine blinked and nodded, a little taken aback by the sudden size of her extended family. "That's good... It sounds nice, you've really grown up a lot, huh?" She added, feeling suddenly in need of more coffee. And maybe a week-long nap. And a shower. "So, why am I not supposed to kill the captain, again?" She asked with a frown.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Sliet laughed a bit when Kat said she was grown up, she didnt really feel it. "Well..." She started, trying to figure out how to put it into words. "He's not really that bad anymore, just has some issues. And he's one of the only other people here who knows how to survive in this place... And I do not want to be the one to explain it to his wife."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Kathrine's frown didn't let up as she listened to the other, but eventually pushed her chair back and stepped over to Sliet, wrapping her shoulders and head in a hug and humming a little. "I'm glad you're okay." She mumbled, before standing up straight again and stepping back. "Is there somewhere I can wash up and sleep? I think I'm going to fall asleep standing up." She admitted drowsily, rubbing her eyes. "I'll get my shit together after I don't smell like week-old dog food."

SKIP

Kathrine kept watch, ever wary, as they made their way through the ghostly streets at dawn. As singer had said, the underground tunnel to the place was caved in, so they'd have to go down the long way. She herself was suited in a lined coat, pants and boots, carrying a pack with various supplies, as well as a rifle, while Singer wore her old gear, but had been entrusted with no weapon. Kat carried an extra pistol in her pack if they ran into danger, but there was no way she was letting the other walk around with a loaded gun.
"This is it." Singer stated, pointing at a decrepit, white washed building with boarded windows and doors. It was long, tall and thin, with grey stains and weathering, and a lack of windows. Remains of chain-link fencing half-encircled the building, torn and sinking into the earth. On the front-most wall of the old thing, there was a faded, greenish emblem of the flower, the same as those on the Flora Ships, though it was barely visible in the building's poor state.
Kat followed the older woman towards it, narrowing her eyes. "What is this?"
"It's the old lab, and it was a lab before the Collapse. The first levels were destroyed by scavengers and looters, but they found plenty to work with in the underground levels, and extended down from their into another building's basement. It's more of a front, apparently, but we can get down from in there."
The blond bit her tongue and turned on her light as they entered the lobby, her boots crunching over broken glass. She made her way around cautiously as they looked for the stairs; they were far from the safety of the Federation's city, and there could be anything down there. "You ready?" She asked Sliet, as they reached the stairs.

Anderson followed along with the others, careful not to spear his foot on glass or otherwise. He didn't like this place in the slightest, and wanted to get back to Briar and the warm ship as soon as possible. He tried to keep silent though, and stuck closer to Sliet, wary of the other two women.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top