Side thing i guess

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Side thing i guess

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 pm

Sliet glared down at the man in fury, taking no notice when his shots hit her, assuming they had missed. She turned at the sound of her name, surprised. "Kat?" She asked quietly, the man behind her forgotten. What was Kat doing here?
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Kathrine felt panic rise in her chest as the other turned, covered in blood and bullet wounds. Oh god. Oh god no. She took a few unsteady steps towards the other, the fear she felt threatening to overwhelm her as her vision swam. Her eyes flicked behind just over the other's shoulder and she launched herself without a thought.

The man stumbled to his feet as the girl turned, drawing his knife and scrambling to his feet, lurching forwards. His wrist jerked as the knife sunk into flesh and hit bone before everything went black.

Kathrine grit her teeth, her hand crunching down around the man's throat before she shifted her arm and threw him backwards. His body hit the side of the bunk house hard enough to shatter the wood and send stone crumbling onto the snow while Kathrine freed the knife from her ribs and tossed it to the ground. She took a few harsh breaths as her lung fixed itself and she turned immediately to Sliet, wrapping her arms around the other. "Just hold still, it's going to be okay-" She got out, her voice uncharacteristically frail. She hugged the other, shaking in fear as she pushed all her energy into the girl's system and did her best to instruct the other's tech forcefully to heal the wounds, frightened Sliet's tech might not be able to handle it. Even as she started to black out she kept going, terrified that if she stopped too soon Sliet wouldn't be breathing, and finally let go as her system forced her to stop, still shaking badly and feeling tears of relief well up in her eyes as she felt the other breathe against her.
Kazukedud
Admin

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Sliet watched the other with fear and confusion hugging her back for a moment, starting to freak out as things started to sink in. "Wait... Kat. Kat I'm fine... What are you doing here?" She asked, an edge creeping into her voice. Hat the blonde seriously followed her?
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:11 pm

As the other spoke, Kathrine pulled back unsteadily and looked the the other over, still shaking, her eyes were full of tears and glazed with exhaustion. "Y-you didn't come back. I thought they'd killed you, the soldiers from here- or- or tried to capture you again." She replied weakly, glancing around in horror at the situation. She couldn't do anything in this state if they were attacked again. Had Sliet really done all this? "It's not safe here- more soldiers will be here once word g-gets back, we... we should... we should go" She added, seeming to have difficulty collecting her thoughts "Can you walk?"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 pm

"I can take care of myself, Kat." She argued, pulling away. Looking at the others expression she kind of felt bad, but that didn't change their situation. "I told you. I'm fine. If more soldiers are coming that's even more reason to stay." She protested.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Kathrine looked at her in bewilderment. "Sliet, what do you mean you.. you're fine? you were just full of bullets." She pleaded weakly, ready to do anything to get the girl to safety and away from the carnage at this point. "I... I'll help you, if that's what you want, we can get the villagers somewhere safe, but please, can we just get you home and cleaned up first? You're scaring me..." She trailed off, looking hurt as the other pulled away.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:14 pm

"Theres no time."sliet protestedtaking another step back, glaring at kat with something similar to distrust.she really felt fine, she had no idea what the other was talking about, but they had a job to do. That's what they were meant for right? To help people?
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:24 am

Kathrine looked back at the other with frustration; she couldn't tell if Sliet was in shock or just being stupid; the girl might be find physically now, but she sure as hell wasn't, and she didn't have the energy to protect or heal the other again if they ran into more trouble. "Sliet..." She trailed off, shutting her eyes for a moment and holding her hand to her ribs, noticing at the back of her mind the wound hadn't closed up completely, as she tried to think. "Tell them to head towards Greenhill; the.. the population's dropped out there, they might have spare land or housing if they can make the journey..." She added.  Maybe that would satisfy the girl?

SKIP

Raven dug through the bricks, his small hands struggling to lift the stone and push them away as he tried to free the insulation trapped beneath the collapsed wall. It was dirty, but looked warm enough for them to sleep on; better than the dirt anyway. He tugged on it again and let out a tired puff as it ripped, and went back to moving bricks. The exertion alone was keeping him warm, which worked in his favor with Roslyn and River having claimed his coat. The two huddled together where he'd told them to sit after Roslyn's attempts to help and River's need to cling had only made things more difficult. As he freed it, he did his best to shake off the dirt and dragged it down the slope of bricks. 
The two ran up to meet him again, Roslyn patting her hands curiously over the soft pink material. "Oooh- blanket," She told him, looking up with blue eyes. "It's ah blanket Raben?." 
"Mess on the blanket. Messy!" Fretted River, pointing at it and seeming upset but too tired to stay focused on the problem, grasping Ros' arm again for stability and whining.
"Yeah, it's a blanket for sleeping on." Raven confirmed, rubbing River's back in an attempt at comfort.
"Im sleep on it?" Ros clarified.
"Yeah, we all can."Raven dragged the insulation with two hands as the twins fumbled in front of him, checking back repeatedly to make sure he was there.  They'd nearly made it to the little spot they'd found out of the wind when Raven spotted another near them and tensed. Other people weren't usually good. Very few would share food and far more would try to take it from them. A man had tried to take Ros before in exchange for a pack of candies, and one group of kids had beaten him and let their dog chase and bite River, while there'd been one lady who'd tried to get them to steal apples for her. He looked up and got ready to drop the insulation and run when he realized the face was familiar. He wasn't entirely sure of her name, but he remembered her from the carriage. Maybe she knew his dad and could tell them where the man was. 

He approached her warily, mustering a smile and tried to address her politely. "Hello, um- I don't remember your name anymore but don't you know my dad?" He asked clearly.
Ros followed, frowning. She didn't like daddy, but Raven seemed to think he would feed them. She looked at the older girl with curiosity. but didn't get too close.
River let go of Ros, refusing to get any closer to the other and began crying, balling his fists and calling for them to come back in barely audible whimpers. Raven turned and reached his hand out for the other in worry, but not wanting to older girl leave. "It's okay River, come here, come on-" He tried, stepping closer to the boy until the younger walked over and hid behind him, mumbling in protest.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Sliet tried to ignore the children as much as she could carefully treading through the ruined buildings. There were dozens of them out here, and there was only so much she could do and still survive. She looked down at the small boy in confusion as he spoke to her. What was he talking about? Wait... she did recognize him. She knelt down to the boys level, looking at the other two curiously. "N-not exactly. Where is he?" She asked in worry, looking at the other two children curiously.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:33 pm

Raven felt relief as the other responded to him, but worried as she replied about his dad. "I don't know where he is. He got mad and left, and mommy got sick and she couldn't get out of bed or wake up anymore, so we went looking for food and got lost, and when we went home the door was locked and different people were there. We don't have a house to sleep in and River is sick and we don't have any food or cough medicine." He recounted quickly, his small voice growing strained and shaky towards the end. Actually saying everything they'd been dealing with made him feel like he was going to cry, but he held it down, he wouldn't be taken seriously if he started bawling.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Sliet listened to the boy sadly, understanding the full extent of what had happened possibly even more than he did. She reached a hand out to gently to the small boy. "hey. It;s going to be okay, alright? Do you have anywhere that you're staying for tonight?" She asked. There had to be something she could do for them.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Raven hesitantly took her hand after gathering River and Roslyn next to him, nodding in agreement and stared up at the older girl trustingly. "Okay." He then glanced back to the pink insulation he'd left a few feet away at her question. "We found that to sleep on. There's a corner by the meat shop where there's no wind. We sleep there when the butcher's gone, else he'll throw stuff at us."

Ros, not listening all that much, tugged on Sliet's coat with a grubby hand. "Crekers? Crekers any?" With this, River seemed to take a cue and did the same. "Crackers?" He whimpered. Raven tried to guide Roslyn back a little. She was so eager to beg for food from strangers and it worried him; that's how the man had tried to get her a few days ago. He knew she was asking for a hard tack found in rations, but he doubted the girl had any on her, and he didn't want her to think they were just pests.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:17 pm

sliet frowned a bit at Ravens response. She had found a place to stay on the roof of a building not too far from where they were, but there was no way that the kids could get up there. She reached down when Roslyn grabbed onto her coat, gently trying to pry the child's small hand away. Maybe she could stay with them for a night? And she could probably go a day or so without eating. "I might be able to find something." She said with a weak smile.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Roslyn let go as the other pushed her hand away, stumbling a little as she backed up and staring up at her for a moment before walking over to Raven and clinging to his hand instead. "Crackers Raben?" 
The older boy hesitated. "No crackers right now Ros. later." He tried, having to insist a few times before the other dropped the subject with a whine. Would the girl really find them food? There were things for sale in the market areas, he knew, but he'd seen others get shot or hit until they stopped moving for taking things when they didn't have money, and was too scared to try. 
The three followed after the girl, Raven making sure the two little ones stayed with him and that River didn't fall behind. 

The smaller, blue eyed boy dragged his feet along, letting out pitiful whimpers every few minutes and huddling to Raven for warmth as well as he could, still wary of the new girl. After a while he plopped down and gave a drawn out cry.
Raven turned and failed to get the other to his feet, eventually trying to pick the child up, lifting him against himself  but not really getting anywhere, only being a small amount taller himself.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Sun May 15, 2016 12:21 am

Sliet turned when the others progress all but stopped, looking at the smaller of the boys worriedly. He didn't look too good. She stopped beside the little ones quietly, reaching for River to pick him up gently. She tried to shoosh him carefully, not wanting to scare the child, but he definitely needed the help.

Last edited by melodiousmysteries on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Sun May 15, 2016 10:36 pm

River blinked at the girl as she went to pick him up, and reached his hands out to her compliantly, letting out a sad "Up."
His whimpers went quiet as he clung to her, holding on weakly and enjoying the warmth. The child buried his face in her shoulder and caught his breath, relaxing after a moment and closing his eyes peacefully while coughing. 

Raven felt alarm as Sliet went to pick River up; no adult had ever done anything good for the boy, and he was ready to hit and kick if he had to, but he softened slightly as he realized the girl was just carrying him. He remained on edge for the rest of the walk, not taking his eyes off the two for more than a few seconds at a time, but decided that their new friend couldn't be that terrible.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Sliet stopped once they reached the spot where the little ones had started to set up, carefully setting river down and shrugging off her pack. She started unpacking the two blankets, setting them out neatly before grabbing some food setting it out on top. it wasn't much, a chunk of hard tack, a can of some mystery preserves and the last bag of dried fruit that she'd taken from the station when she left.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Raven followed behind as they went to sit down, watching out for the butcher with wide eyes, and feeling some relief at the lack of the man's presence, settled with the others. He glanced at the food at the girl removed it from her pack, feeling his stomach suddenly pang with hunger, but restrained himself, still wary and feeling strained. 

Ros, however, had no such reservations and looked like she was going to spring on the food, if she had the energy, anyway. She stared at the food, inching closer and not looking like she was going to keep her hands to herself for much longer. "Crackers? Crackers please?" She asked hopefully.

River shivered as he was set down, inching up to Sliet rather than the food and pressing up against her side again with a little wiggle, sitting still without complaint for once, though seeming too tired to even make a move for the food.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Sliet grabbed the hard tack, breaking off a piece and passing it to Ros, trying not to move so much as to disturb River. "Here, not crackers, but close." She said gently, before reaching for the fruit next. "Here, try some of this." she told second of the younger ones, trying to get him to try some of the dried berries. Maybe she could get him to eat something that was a little tastier?
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Ros took the chunk and shoved the entire thing in her mouth, munching with her mouth open and barely chewing as she wolfed it down.

River looked up at her curiously as she offered him the berries, picking up a few carefully in his hand and eating them more calmly than his ravenous sister. He felt his senses soar at the sweet taste, having never eaten something like that before. After several moments of happily eating the berries, he locked his blue eyes with the girl's, murmuring a shaky but meaningful "Ank you." and leaning closer, hugged her arm.

Raven, resigned to letting his siblings eat, curled up with his stomach against Ros's back and watched the others sleepily, his chest rising and falling in a tired sigh of breath. They were safe for tonight, at least.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Sliet reached over to pat Rivers head gently, when he hugged her arm , looking at raven in worry. "You should eat too."She told him seriously. It would be bad if he didn't eat.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Raven blinked at her. "I'm okay, River can have mine, I'm strong; I'm four years old." He added reassuringly, though his voice was weak. He did want the food, but he wanted more than anything to keep his little brother alive. Just until they found their dad. Then everything would be okay. If the man tried to hit them, he'd protect them. It was the only hope they had.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:10 pm

"and i'm fifteen years old. no matter how old you get, you still need to eat to survive." she she explained, understanding where the boy was coming from, but he still had to eat. "Here." she started, reaching for the food to pack what was left away again so the boy could take one of the blankets, draping the other one around River and herself. "at least take a blanket".
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:23 pm

River continued to look at the other lovingly as he nestled into the blanket, pulling it up over his nose to keep warm and settling against her, almost instantly passing out.

"O-Oh, Thank you." Raven replied softly, taking the blanket and wrapping himself and Ros up, getting the other to lay down beside him and curling around her to keep her warm. As Ros cuddled up against him and went quiet, he continued to blink at nothing for a few minutes before looking at Sliet as tears came to his eyes. "T-thank you." He repeated quietly. "Thank you so much. I don't know what to do. And you're helping us and I-" He sniffled and went quiet, rubbing his eyes with his free hand and looking down at Ros absently.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Sliet listened to the boy with a mix of pity and worry. "It's alright. It's what i'm here for. You just have to be careful, okay?" She assured him. this was more or less the reason she left the station. If she didn't help people along the way, then what point was it really? "Now get some rest. you might need it."
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top