Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bircab Collapse Au

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bircab Collapse Au - Page 5 Empty Re: Bircab Collapse Au

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:27 pm

As the group entered camp and started to disperse, Kail was a little uncertain of what to do. He still felt out of place here and didn’t want to piss anyone off anymore. He hesitantly followed Raven over to the tent, though stayed outside. He didn’t want to keep the other awake, knowing he needed to rest, but he didn’t want to just stand in the middle of camp. The brunet anxiously played with a few pieces of grass he had picked from the ground after sitting down.

He was shocked to say the least when Marta made her way towards them, ready for her to make some snide comment or something of the sort. He blinked a few times as he looked up at her when she asked him about dealing with gunshot wounds. “I uh… I know a little bit,” he said quietly, standing up and dusting himself off. “Do you guys have any medical supplies?” he asked.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Marta looked hopeful, relief showing plainly on her face. "I-In the store." But her expression quickly fell. "I'm not really allowed in there, though." She grunted, her voice stressed and upset.
"I'll ask Horatio." Raven offered quietly.
"No! Don't, he won't give them to you, tell him they're for you."
Raven looked nervous at this proposition. "I'm already patched up, I can't lie to him."
Marta shifted uneasily on her feet, not expecting much from those two, but she was desperate. "Please... this really hurts."
Raven hesitated, as much as he disliked Marta, he wanted to help, but he knew exactly what would happen if he lied to or stole from Horatio. "I... I'll try." He relented, before clambering up sorely, looking at Kail. "What do you need to help her?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:06 am

Kail chewed on the inside of his cheek as the two spoke about how to get the supplies. He debated on speaking up and offering to ask for them but was certain that Horatio wouldn't give them to him either. He watched as Raven stood up, trying to think of what he would need. He was assuming the wound was pretty bad if she was coming to him for help after how harsh she had been towards him.
"Something to clean the wound and disinfect it," he said after a moment. "And bandages or something to cover it up." He paused for a moment, brow furrowing a little. "I can go and try to ask for them," he offered. "It would save you from having to lie to Horatio to get them or whatever.."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:21 am

Raven shook his head. If Marta couldn't get them, he doubted Kail would, as much as Horatio seemed to like the other, he was still new and on thin ice, he didn't want him to get hurt or loose the small amount of respect Horatio seemed to have for him. "I'll get them." He replied uncertainly, reaching up and squeezing his shoulder, loosening the bandages and wincing as he aggravated the wound. Fresh blood seeped through the bandages and stained the torn remains of his shirt and hand. He proceeded to rub his eyes and yawn, forcing tears and holding his shoulder pitifully as he walked over towards the store.

Marta eventually gave up standing and slumped down into a sitting position, holding her side and avoiding Kail's eyes. "Erm." She coughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry about yesterday... I'm used to new assholes showing up and needing food and not even helping out, ya' know, just... fucking around and fighting." She muttered noncommittally.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:18 am

Kail frowned as he watched Raven loosen the bandage and aggravate the wound, biting his tongue as he simply nodded his head. There was no point arguing, not after the other had already made up his mind. He ran a hand through his hair as he turned his attention away from where Raven had gone off to. He was hoping that he'd be given enough that he could spare some for Raven's wound as well.

He stood a little awkwardly by the tent as they waited for the other's return, surprised when Marta spoke up once more. She was actually apologizing to him? He hadn't known her that long, but it didn't seem like something she did much. Kail nodded slightly "That's understandable," he said after a moment. "I'm not here to just sit around and steal from you all," he promised. "..It wasn't like I had much of a choice, being here.. but I'll do what I can to help out."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:32 am

Marta didn't reply to the other at first, staring off quietly, looking more dazed than anything and tightening her grip around her side and scoffing. "How did you survive so long out here being a good person?" She asked distractedly. She hadn't felt like a real person in a long time, let alone someone good.

Raven returned after a little while, holding his arm in genuine pain this time, and passed Kail a gold of gauze and some cotton pads, as well as a bottle of medical antiseptic, swaying a little. "Is this okay?" He asked softly, glancing nervously over his shoulder to make sure no one had followed him.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:59 am

Kail shoved his hands in his pockets as they fell into a bit of silence. He looked over at her, frowning as he noticed her tighten her grip on her side. He shrugged a shoulder, keeping an eye out for Raven's return. "We didn't have too many run ins with others. Two of them joined us... they were the two that were with us when your group found us. And Yuki tried to keep everyones spirits up..."

When Raven finally returned, he nodded as he took the items from him "It'll work," he said with a thank you. "I'll fix your bandages after I have her cleaned up, rest for now" he told Raven, cautiously sitting next to Marta. "Can I see the wound?" he asked her, taking the cap off the antiseptic and soaking one of the pads in it.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Marta listened without replying to the other, nodding quietly. "Sorry about your friend." She muttered. She meant it, but was too pained to come off as genuine or regretful.
When the other sat down beside her with the medical supplies, she pulled her shirt and coat up from the wound below her ribs. The wound wasn't healing or closing, but the bullet had only nicked through her side, creating a sort of gash rather than a more dangerous internal injury, but she was till loosing blood. "Is it bad? She asked worriedly. "Do you think you can fix it?"

Raven eyed the other warily as he told him he would fix his bandages, not liking the idea, but too tired to protest. He sat by the tent and curled his knees to his chest, his unsteady breaths puffing into clouds in the cold fall air. He kept an eye on Kail as he worked, curious. Some of the group knew a bit, but it was important to learn.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:29 am

Kail simply shrugged as she apologized about Yuki. "Wasn't much you could have done," he muttered back. He sat patiently after he had set the things down on the ground, waiting for her to lift her clothing up. He leaned down a little bit to look it over, shaking his head as she questioned him "It's not as bad as it could have been," he told her as he sat back up. "I should be able to help it along a little bit." He grabbed one of the cotton pads and soaked it with the antiseptic, looking up at her "This is going to sting, I just have to clean it out and disinfect it so you don't get an infection," he said softly before he started to dab at the wound carefully.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:38 am

Marta nodded, breathing in relief. "Okay, I can take it." She told him firmly, but winced as he pressed it to the wound. She seethed through her teeth, but let him patch her up without complaint for once. She felt weak and tired from the wound, but was relieved she wasn't going to die from the wound.
When it was done, she didn't seem ready to go anywhere, pulling her shirt back down but remaining where she'd sat on the grass for a moment. "Thanks. I'm... uh, I owe you guys one." She added, shifting awkwardly and pulling herself to her feet before heading off.

Raven watched Marta leave, concerned for her, but glad Kail had been able to help her. he pushed into the tent then, holding it open for Kail so he other could get out of the wind.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:42 am

Kail worked silently, keeping an eye on her from time to time while he worked on patching her up. After he was finished, he set everything to the side, nodding slightly as she thanked him. "Just go and get some rest," he told her. He gathered up the stuff from the ground before he realized that Raven had kept the tent door open for him. He was still unsure of sharing the space with the other, sure that he didn't want him there. Kail dipped his head slightly as he headed inside, nervously holding the items.
"Uh... did you want to patch yourself up or?" he asked for a moment. "I uh, don't mind doing it... you could just make it worse or get an infection if you leave it..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 am

After entering the tent, Raven immediately laid down on his side, exhausted after the scant sleep he'd gotten the night before. He wasn't sure if Horatio would let him rest or not tonight, and all he wanted was to sleep after the days events. The last few days he'd spent feeling hatred and disgust for the other and guilt for the Kail's situation, and he felt emotionally and physically drained. When Kail spoke to him he turned over painfully to look at the boy, blinking.
"Arn't you tired?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper. "I... I'm fine." He added, although his voice was uncertain, and it was clear he wasn't. His chest was soaked with blood, some fresh, and his clothes were far from dry or clean after being mauled by the bear.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:59 am

Kail frowned a little as he watched Raven immediately lay down, chewing on the inside of his cheek. If Raven had in fact lied and told Horatio the bandages were for him, he was sure that he wouldn't take too kindly to seeing the other in fact not bandaged or if something were to happen to him from the wound. He blinked as he was asked about being tired, shrugging a little "I've learned to deal with it," he told him truthfully. "When I was with the other's, we didn't stop much to rest but instead traveled. It normally kept us out of trouble if we ran into others and they knew we were just passing through."
He frowned as Raven tried to tell him that he was fine, staying silent for a moment or two. "At least let me put fresh bandages on," he said softly. "Rest will only do you so well when you're bleeding to death."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:12 am

Raven listened to the other, not really hearing him for the most part, but looking wary of the other boy. "I don't want you to touch me." He told him sternly, his lack of sleep getting the better of his composure as he rolled back over. "I'd rather bleed to death." He added weakly, shutting his eyes against the pain. Than live another day in this camp. Watch another person die.  Than spend another night with Horatio. Than have someones hands on him. He put his hand over his shoulder, taking a shuddering breath and curling up tighter, at the same time, scared to die.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 am

Kail blinked in surprise as the other refused his help. He stayed silent as he listened to him mention that he'd rather bleed to death. He didn't blame the other, sure that he had seen much worse than the brunet even though he was unsure of how long Raven had actually been here. His brow furrowed, opening his mouth to reply, to tell him that this was his fault in the first place and he wasn't about to just let him die because of his mistake. He bit his tongue in the end and nodded "Whatever you want," he said quietly, carefully gathering the things back up. He quietly exited the tent, handing the supplies to another one of the people in the camp to be put back - unsure if he should go and do it himself. He hesitated, unsure of to go back into the tent or not. In the end he sat outside the front of the tent, just out of the way of the door. He didn't want to disturb Raven anymore than he already had.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:45 am

Raven felt concern as the other left, but was too tired to fight against sleep, and quickly fell into a heavy unconsciousness from the exhaustion.

He slept through supper, until Horatio woke him up. The other seemed concerned, and he felt relief to see the brunet, weakly curling his hand over his, and trying to move closer for warmth, feeling deathly cold, but glad he wasn't alone for a moment.
"How're you feeling?" Horatio helped him sit up a bit roughly, looking over him. The brunet had brought him some water, but Raven ignored it, leaning into the other, caught between apathy and the discomfort and fear of being so cold and tired. He felt immediately safer with the other there, feeling some hope and comfort that the other cared enough to help. "Hurts.." He heard himself slur, struggling to control his words but supporting himself as best he could.
Instead of kindness, there was only dismissive assurance in the other's voice. "You're fine." Horatio muttered noncommittally. Raven let the other lean forward to help, but cold hopelessness filled his stomach as the other ignored him and kissed his neck instead.

When Horatio left him alone, Raven lay curled on his side again, shivering under the woolen blanket and staring blankly into the dark tent, trying to warm his hands with his breath. He shut his eyes after a few moments, exhausted and sore; the bleeding had only gotten worse, seeping through his newly changed shirt. He was miserable, but felt overwhelmed by emptiness and helplessness, and couldn't bring himself to ask the other to stay, or tell him to go, he wanted so desperately to be rid of the other, and at the same time felt crushingly alone and afraid as the other disappeared.
At some point, he was jogged from his half-sleep at the sound of someone entering the tent, and drew the blanket further around him, his voice quavering with the cold. "H-Horatio?"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Kail had wandered away from the tent area, uncertainty settling into his stomach. He glanced out towards the woods from where he had eventually sat down. He wanted so bad to run even though he was sure he wouldn't get too far before someone came after him. As much as he hated the thought of staying here he wasn't exactly sure he liked the thought of dying either - and he knew that even if he managed to escape far enough that Horatio gave up chase that something else would likely end up happening to him if he was alone. While his group had had a few run ins with others, they had faired pretty well and he knew they were lucky.

As the sun started to set and it grew colder, the brunet eventually got up from where he had spent the rest of the day, trying to shake off his overcrowded thoughts. He slowly made his way back to the tent though hesitated at the door. He didn't want to wake Raven up if he was resting, but he didn't really want to spend the rest of the night out in the cold either - and he doubted anyone else would take too kindly to him ducking into one of their tents. Eventually he opened the flap and stepped inside, pausing when he heard Raven speak up. "I uh.. no it's Kail..." he said quietly, standing awkwardly just inside the door. "I can uh, leave if you want..."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Raven felt relief in his chest at the other's voice, as confused as he was by it, at the same time glad he wasn't Horatio. "N-no." He replied softly to the other's offer to leave. "It's ok. It's cold." He added in concern. He doubted the other would be okay sleeping outside without a tent or blankets. As the other entered, he watched the other warily and then glanced away, still shivering in the cold air but glad he wasn't alone.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Kail shifted his feet awkwardly, still unsure if he should just leave. It wasn't like he hadn't had to sleep out in the cold before. He wanted to ask the other how he was feeling, unsure if he had taken care of his wound after he had left or not. Noticing him look away - and that he looked paler than normal - the brunet took a small step forward and stopped when he noticed the other was shivering. He was aware that it could be from the cold, but he really doubted it with the others condition. Mumbling a quick 'be right back', Kail exited the tent and made his way to the store.
He wasn't too concerned about pissing anyone off at this point, certain that Horatio would be at least a little understanding - or so he hoped. Grabbing the anti-septic, cotton pads and bandages, he returned to the tent and carefully sat down alongside of Raven, setting the items down in front of him. "I.. I doubt you've changed your mind..." he started, pausing for a moment. "About wanting the help... I understand you've likely been through a lot... you probably don't want to remember a lot since you've been here... but laying here like this, is this how you really want to go?" He wasn't really sure how to get the other to let him help him, but he didn't want to force the other to struggle either when he was injured. "Just... please let me help you."

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Raven didn't answer as the other left, hardly convinced that he would be back, he let out a tired breath, shutting his eyes again, ready to give into whatever sleep took him. He'd fallen into a tired haze when he heard the other return, blinking and glancing briefly at the boy with tired eyes, not lifting his  heavy head when the other sat beside him, hearing him, but not speaking, not quite understanding why the other cared. What would the brunet loose if he faded here? He shut his eyes for a few long moments, feeling too tried and uneasy to fight the boy. What did it matter if he died? He was alive because that's the choice Horatio had made for him, because the other wanted him for himself, and now this boy; did he think he was doing him a favor? Maybe he feared he'd be out of a tent, or didn't want the job of handing him to the dogs - or would Horatio bury him? Mourn? Or maybe  Kail was no better than Horatio; the other had seemed kind once, too.
Yet he felt fear, a looming dread of the darkness ahead if he let go.
The dark haired boy gave a weak nod, swallowing, self hatred like a stone in his chest as he refused to look at the brunet, giving in to his plea. Why was he such a coward? Why couldn't he let go? He tried to get up, summoning the last of his strength to push himself up onto his knees and shaking arms, sitting back on his legs unsteadily and folding them to the side of him, but struggling to sit up fully, fresh blood seeping through   the too-large button up that Horatio had left him. His head drooped for a moment as he steadied himself, undoing the first few buttons of the loose shirt and pushing it back gingerly from his injured shoulder, so the open collar looped over his left shoulder and down across his right arm. At this point the wound was hardly bandaged and looking worse than before. He straightened a little, shivering and managing to sit up in front of Kail, feeling dizzy and watching the other with fear and exhaustion in his dark eyes.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Kail sat in silence as he waited for an answer. He didn't want to pressure the other into letting him help him, but he couldn't help but feel guilty either. The other was injured because of him, and while he didn't know the other that well, he wasn't sure if he could handle having to watch someone else he knew die. He didn't even care if Horatio would be angry at him for the other's death. He chewed on the inside of his cheek as the other carefully tried to sit up, watching him closely.
After Raven had moved the shirt away from the wound, Kail hesitated a moment as he looked at the other before he started to clean up the area. He worked in silence for a few moments, unsure of if he should say something. He eventually took a deep breath before he had started to bandage up the wound once more. "If you don't want this I can stop..." he said quietly, not looking at him. "I don't want to force you to keep living if you don't want to... I don't know what you've gone through.." he mumbled.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:56 am

Raven tensed and avoided the other's gaze as he worked on the bandages, wincing a little from the sting of the wound, but stayed quiet; he could tell the other was making an effort to be gentle, and felt a little reassurance at this fact, as much as he disliked being touched; the other seemed genuinely worried. As he spoke up, he shook his head once after a moment of hesitation. "N-No..."  He told the other softly, his gaze flitting up for a moment before he stared back into the gloom of the tent. "Thank you... I'm just so... tired." He muttered weakly, feeling faint. "Y-you know you don't owe me... yeah? You're so kind... and all this is so... fucked up." He hesitated, his voice faltering as he tried to sort out reality and what it had once been.
When the brunette was finished, Raven fixed his shirt, but fought the urge to collapse and unzipped the sleeping bag down the middle, spreading it out lay it out so it covered most of the small tent's floor space. As exhausted as he was, he felt a little warmer with Kail's kindness, it was comforting, in a way, just to speak to someone less cold, less angry. He lay down on one side, and patted the other. "H-here, it'll be warmer on this." He offered, his eyelids already heavy with sleep.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Kail waited in silence for an answer, nodding slightly as he carried on bandaging up the wound once he was given permission once more. "You're hurt because of me," he said quietly, focusing on bandaging up the other. He took a deep breath as he finished, sitting back and setting the items to the side for the time being. "This whole world is fucked up now..." he muttered.
He watched carefully as the other unzipped the sleeping bag, wanting to try and stop him but not wanting to offend him either. He grabbed the blanket he had been given from off to the side before hesitantly laying it over top of the other. "You need the warmth more..." he said quietly, moving the antiseptic and bandages closer to the mouth of the tent, reminding himself to put them back in the early morning.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Raven watched the brunet as he laid the blanket over him, uncertain but thankful for the other's kindness. He sat up on one elbow a bit, straightening out Kail's blanket and the woolen one Horatio had left him so they were over top of each other, before flopping down in exhaustion again onto his half of the splayed out sleeping role, leaving enough blanket and roll for Kail. "We can share it, it's okay." He assured.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FictionalPieces Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 am

Kail stopped himself from attempting to reach out and stop the other from sitting up. He didn't need to strain himself anymore than he already had. He nodded slightly before hesitantly laying down on his part of the role. "As long as you're sure..." he said quietly. "Don't be afraid to take more of the blankets if you need it.." He had spent many nights in the cold, so it didn't bother him that much to sleep without a blanket. He also didn't want the other to feel as if he were intruding on the tent or his space.

FictionalPieces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum