FW Part: One

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FW Part: One

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Sliet considered the question carefully, trying to think of the words that would get the least worrying reaction. She looked him up and down warily, suddenly excruciatingly aware that Harir was between her and the door. "Katherine. A friend of mine. She was captured. Roughed up pretty good. Got scared. Didn't want the same thing to happen to me." She answered, resisting the urge to make a run for it.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Harir was quiet for a moment, not knowing who she meant until he remembered the unnatural girl that had taken out a huge portion of their artillery before Lieutenant Harrison had taken her down and she'd been captured. She had been some sort of Nanotech infused human, he'd heard, on the side of the skirmishers that had been impeding the troops on their way to the union and helping empower and turn the settlements against the federation. He looked up at her in shock. "You. You were never with the Federation. Were you?"" He asked quietly, searching her face.
Kazukedud
Admin

View user profile http://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Sliet shook her head stiffly. She wasn't sure what to say to that. 'I'm sorry ' sounded right, but that would be a lie. She didn't regret it. She would do it all again given the chance. 'I'm sorry' wouldn't work, and she didn't know what would. So she sat, silent and tense, waiting for him to snap.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Harir didn't move, he felt an icy anger settle in. Sliet wasn't merely a soldier who had lost her nerve. She had been working against them, all this time. He suddenly felt torn as everything came together. He tried to think, to rationalize this.
He stayed quiet for a long time, and then took a step forward. "Give me a reason. Tell me why, tell me why you're right, why you had to do this, why I would be wrong to hate you for this." He demanded in a hushed voice. He could feel himself shaking as his anger threatened to boil over. He didn't know what to feel, how he should react to this.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 pm

"You want a reason? " Sliet snarled defensively, standing up. " How about all of the people killed in cold lood for supposed crimes. Innocent people shot down because of where they were from. The sick denied help and the healthy given special treatment that they don't need. For all of those either killed or thrown into that hole of a prison because they thought for themselves and spoke out against a war that was to be faught for virtually no reason. What about all of the people I, and others like me, have saved because we knew what was going to happen. Entire families. children. People who had done nothing wrong but were going to be killed anyway for ome idiotic reason,or another. Don't think i didn't know what I was doing. I had to justify my aactions to myself every single day." She hissed angrily. He could question what she had done all he wanted, but there was no way in hell he was going to question why she had done it.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Harir looked back at her as she got up angrily. He looked to the side as she railed off about her reasons. Despite his anger, some of it got through to him. It wasn't as if he hadn't considered these things. When Lin had been alive, he'd constantly questioned his brother and the man's blind loyalty. They'd fought about the morality of the upcoming cull the night Lin had been killed- Harir had been just made a lieutenant and was present during his first meeting at Lin's side, and he'd been astonished at how many of the officers thought of the immigrants as nothing more than bugs to be exterminated, and had no qualms about killing off healthy children in the name of security.
He'd called Lin out on this afterward, not able to believe his brother actually felt this way, but the other had given him an angry lecture on how Harir needed to stop hiding from reality, and gone on about a dozen other things that he needed grow up about before he would go anywhere in life, before storming off into the dark. That was the last time he'd seen his brother alive.
After that he'd done everything he could to try to atone for what he'd felt was his fault; making an effort to shut out his morality and forcing himself into the role of a proper soldier.
Now he felt conflicted again. Sliet had voiced exactly what he had felt all those months ago, but he was trying to hard to hold on to what his brother had wanted of him that it was difficult to just accept that Sliet, even with all she'd done, was in the right.
He stepped away from her, taking a shaky breath, not sure what to say.

Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Sliet huffed as he stepped back, climbing back up on the bed and sitting cross leged. Her anger had burned away whatever fear had made her hesitant before and she stared him down for a minute in silence. "Next question" she half growled after it felt like the silence was just going to drag on.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Harir glanced up at Sliet, uncertain. "..What now then? You've gone to all this effort. What's next?" He asked quietly, running a hand through his dark hair tiredly as he tried to think things over. Though, he was almost asking himself the question as much as he was asking Sliet.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Sliet considered it with a lighter demeanor this time. "Well. Home i guess. Are you familiar with the Fairweather station? " she asked curiously, tilting her head to the side a bit in thought. She could feel the excitement building at the prospect of finally being free of all of this. Well... more or less.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Harir looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "The fairweather station?" He asked quizzically. "That... it sound familiar, but I.. I'm not sure where from." He admitted. He sort of hoped she would explain, maybe then he would know.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 9:46 pm

"Well"she started, trying to think of the right words. "Back before the federation and the union were even thought of, the world was on the brink of war. The Fairweather project was an attempt to use nanotechnology to enhance the abilities of human beings to better be able to survive. Of course a lot of the world thouht that these modified people could pose a serious threat if used for military purposes, that they could be weaponised. This sparked a war, most of the people who were part of the experiment were killed and hunted down, but not all, and the location of the station has been lost. To most that is." she paused after her story. "And that is where we're going. " she said, rather proud of herself.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Harir listened as she spoke. He had no idea what had gone on before the federation had formed besides chaos, so this was a little difficult to take in and think about. He nodded a little blankly. He knew about the people who had the nanotech in them, they were a classified danger , and for good reason, but then Sliet... was she..? His train of thought broke off as she spoke again. "We?" He asked. "Even with all this, You're trusting me?" He felt a chill as he realized it might have been in her best interests to kill him before, rather than trying to hide this when he was fallowing her around aimlessly. He wondered if she felt the same, inconvenient attachment as he did.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Sliet gave him a look as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Well yeah, if you were going to kill me, youve had plenty of opportunities. Plus you cant go back because you already know too much and might be killed for desertinG, assuming i wouldn't get to you first if you tried. Despite whatever better judgment i may have, were stuck together, at least for now." she reasoned simply. "That and you paid for pretty much everything yesterday. "
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Tue May 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Harir said nothing for a moment, and then gave a small nod. It made sense, he supposed, he just couldn't believe how much things had changed since two days ago. "Alright then." He muttered softly. He still didn't really understand how he felt about the whole thing. He was glad to be with Sliet rather than on his own, but he still felt conflicted about where his loyalties should lay.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Wed May 27, 2015 11:24 pm

"Alright" sliet echoed with finality. "Now come,on, we have to get some supplies for the trip. " she added, heading for the door.

~Later~
Slet stretched as they walked out of the settlement, having gotten much of what they would need for the trip. Blankets, food, some other stuff. Definitely enough to get by for the time being. She looked up at the large orangeish brown blob standing a short distance outside of the settlement, grinning excitedly at the sight. She walked up to her horse, nore than a little excited to see him. "Hey boy"she said, patting the geldings neck"I knew you'd find me" she added with a grin. That was a lie, she had hoped, but she had doubted it for a while as she couldnt figure out how he could get away from the camp on his own.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Thu May 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Harir fallowed after Sliet hurriedly, looking in surprise at the horse. "What- It just fallowed you?" He asked in disbelief. He slowed as he reached her, watching as she pet the animal. How had the creature even gotten free?
He puffed as he stared at the horse. He was pretty sure she liked it more than him.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Fri May 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Sliet grinned. "Of course he did! He's that great." She said without looking back at Harir. She stepped back so she could reach the saddle and brought herself up in one fell swoop, resting comfortably. "Coming?"she asked the other with a mix of excitement and challenge.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Fri May 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Harir blinked at her as she asked him if he was coming. She expected him and climb up there and ride with her? It might be alright... though, the horses didn't seem to like him too much. He walked up warily and pulled himself into the saddle. He tried to hold on to the saddle rather than Sliet- he didn't really know how he felt abut clinging to her like this and didn't want to make things uncomfortable.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Sliet waited for Harir to get comfortable in the saddle before chirping for the horse to move. She started at a good pace, quick enough to get the thrill of the movement, but not too fast. They still had a long way ro to yet.

~~~~~~~time skip of wonder ~~~~~~
Sliet sighed, the virtually unchanfing landscape passing around them creating a strong sense of boredom for the usually atentive girl.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Harir, rather tired, tried to hold back a puffing sigh as they rode on, over endless, bleak fields of snow. He wasn't really sure where they were in location to the settlements, but he was extreamly bored. It wouldn't be so bad if he was marching, but he was just sitting here getting saddle sore. "C- Sliet. How far is it from here?" He asked impatiently.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:00 pm

"Pretty far" sliet answered, scanning the la dscape again instead of turning to look at him, to tired and lazy to elaborate any further .
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Harir let out a puff then, and regretted it. He didn't want to seem like a baby about the whole thing, but this was getting tiresome. He wondered if he could braid the horse's tail without freaking it out. Probably not.
His own was too short now.
He glanced curiously at Sliets long hair, wondering how likely she was to throw him off the horse if he asked. It certainly was getting messy. Not that it bothered him. But it kind of did. He had to comb his or it bothered him, and for the past couple days, he'd been resorting to a fork in his pack. Sliet's didn't even look forked.
Pressing his lips together he glanced away, thinking better of giving her hair advice for a few moments, then kept glancing back. "Can I comb your hair or something?" He asked. The question didn't seem so ridiculous now that they had been travelling on the same horse in the same field with the same silence for what felt like days.
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Sliet looked over her shoulder with a mix of confusion and worry, trying to decide whether or not she should feel insulted or not. Deciding on not she turned back to look ahead. "Wow, you must really be bored huh?" She asked, a little flustered now. "Go ahead. Whatever you want, just... try not to pull too much okay? "She responded nervously.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazukedud on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Harir looked to the side as she commented on him being bored and shrugged. As she added that he could, he looked back up, a little surprised. He wasn't expecting her to actually agree. He hesitated at her nervousness. "Uh- yeah, I won't." He nodded. Now it was a little awkward. He'd just been trying to argue or start a conversation. Something other than the silence.
He reached up and carefully threaded his hands through her hair, just braiding it simply. It would keep it from getting all torn around by the wind at least.
Satified, he tied it with a bit of string and left it, a little bit less restless now.
His attention was caught by small moving figures not far from them off to the side and he tensed. "Sliet- look-"
Kazukedud
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Sliet hummed pleasantly, barely audible. It felt really nice to have it pulled back adn out of her face instead of... well... everywhere. The satisfaction was short lived however, as it dissapeared the second Harir pointed out the figures. She sat up straight, puling the reins to stop their movement. She watched them tensely, trying to estimate their numbers and hoping they had yet to notice the two travelers. /shit. Too many. /she cursed herself, frustrated. "Were going to have to go around them. " she said quietly, turning them around to give the group of soldiers s wide berth.
melodiousmysteries
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top