Kedud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FW Part: One

2 posters

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

FW Part: One - Page 41 Empty Re: FW Part: One

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Staring at her for a few seconds, Anderson followed suit, downing his first glass and starting on the second she'd brought him. Would a sorry even mean anything?
He was quiet for a while before speaking up again. "I'm sorry. What I did was protocol, but I'm sorry it happened like that." He swallowed, looking to the side at nothing. After a long pause and another gulp of his drink, he spoke up again. "How long was he with you anyway? Dumonte? He wouldn't shoot her during the fight, but I assumed he was just scared. Like when he tried to desert. Or was there more too it? I've never understood him."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

https://kedud.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:45 pm

"mm. not until kat got away. then we had a kind of understanding. He's a good kid." she said with a wry smile. "He was already doing my job for me when I showed up to help her."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Anderson's face took on a slightly frustrated look. "Really then? And then, was it you who told the kid to trash my documents? Marcel told me he shot him because, among other things, he stole sensitive items to and from command to try and convince him to desert or start some kind of coup with the information, and when I got back from the settlement, our orders and reports were gone, and half the mercy corps subject files were destroyed. Destroyed as in soaking in the soup I left on my desk." He recounted with a tired-looking expression, remembering how he'd wished he'd killed the other earlier.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Sliet coughed mid-drink, choking on the liquor in her surprise. "He did whAT?" She asked incredulously, smiling hugely. "Really is a good kid." she said with a chuckle.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 pm

"He fucking put them in the soup. Do you know how hard that was to explain to Josephe? On top of telling him his son was a traitor, and oh, dead." He muttered bitterly, before shaking his head. "And what of Harir? I think he was all soft for you for a while, but when did he become a turn coat? We had high hopes for him with his brother and all being the promising young captain."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Sliet continued to laugh with glee at the idea of anderson trying to fish the documents out of the soup. She grew quieter again when he mentioned Harir, thinking back to the morning after the bridge.

"that was a bit different. He didn't know anything until the night I ran. Got stuck together after the bridge. He was going to shoot me before I woke up. But he didn't. Ended up traveling together back to the station. Safest way to go really. Turned out for the best." She explained with a warm smile.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Anderson attempted to look bitter about her happiness but shook his head at his drink, giving a hint of smile despite his drunken self. "Fucking kids. Ah. Harir was never meant for the army. He's a wet noodle. His brother put a lot of idealistic loyalty shit in his head and it's not like anyone was going to argue and get reconditioned. I'm surprised Lin never shot him for how much he disputed morals with him." He added guessing Sliet might like to know he hadn't been a completely brainwashed asshole. "Well I'm glad it all worked out fine and dandy for you." He snorted again, drinking down more and puffing. He grew saddened then, trying to push back the constant guilt building up in him. "Im sorry." He added again. "I know you aren't a machine or a thing. It was hard for me to even remember you were a droid on the ship. I guess I just grew up hating you guys. When I was first in the Military at 15, I was stationed in the little settlement up north, One Tree, it's abandoned now, and they always told us about you guys, lies, I know now, I guess, but one came through, and I don't know much about stuff from the old world, but she obliterated a bunch of soldiers, and I guess forgot me, but it was like a nightmare. I remember waking up and seeing dead bodies everywhere; people I'd worked with and ate with, and they were all just dead. And theres a huge blank spot, maybe because of the stress or something, but I just remember that and then recovering from frostbite in the federation and ending up stationed somewhere else after  I gave a report. When your sister came through, it was like the same thing all over again, I was just, I was so angry and frightened, that something could cause so much chaos singlehandedly and without warning. Maybe that's why the federation warned us about you, or maybe their attitude was what forced that behavior, I don't know."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:45 pm

Sliet listened to Anderson's recollection of events, growing tense and gripping her glass tightly at the memory of the settlement. "We all do terrible things." She repeated quietly, staring into her drink, feeling rather nauseous.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:12 am

Anderson watched her with slight worry in his impaired state before glancing down. "And you? You're a fucking saint." He told her reassuringly, reaching over to pat her arm but patting her glass instead and blinking at his hand before drawing back. "Maybe we should head home."
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:28 am

"Thats probably a good idea." She said, still rather uneasy as she got to her feet and paid for the drinks before leaving with Anderson.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:45 am

Anderson got up, a little unsteady as they walked back to the living area. He watched her as she headed in the direction of the cafeteria, first though. "Sliet, what're you doing? are you still hungry?" He muttered a little too loudly, putting a hand on his hip disapprovingly. 

Back at the apartment, Raven had curled up on the couch under a thick woolen blanket, and was listening to the silence of the apartment in the dim light, his eyes half lidded as he floated between sleep and awareness. He clutched his scarf to his chest, though felt upsettingly alone and unable to sleep. Harir was at work, and Pel and Sliet were both gone, and he wasn't used to or comfortable with the lack of bustle or banter or music present to block out his thoughts and assure him he was safe. He'd cleaned the house, done the dishes, humming and singing all the while to try and drown out the silence, and finished one of his borrowed texts, but tired as he was, he still waited to rest. At the sound of footsteps in the hall, he blinked sleepily and watched the door, wary until he heard Sliet's familiar voice, and relaxed into the blanket a little more.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:23 am

"I have an idea. "She shushed him, trotting off to the dining area and quickly returning with half a dozon cupcakes. "Now we can go." she instructed almost giddily before heading back in the direction of home, telling Anderson all the way that he couldnt have a cupcake but that she would bring him breakfast and try not to play her music too loud. Meaning that she might bring him breakfast in the morning and she would be playing her violin as loud as she plesed. The tech made it so she didnt get hangovers, but she did know how they work. "Now you go to bed. Don do anything stupid." she said with a smile, fumbling with the door a bit before stepping inside and letting it close behind her.
She stared at the oddly shaped blob of blankets on the couch for a moment until she recognized it as raven. "Hey there kiddo! I brought you something." she told him with a grin, setting the box of deserts on the coffe table by the couch and ruffling his hair.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Anderson watched Sliet with the cupcakes. "Don't make yourself sick, and please don't feel the need to bring me anything." He muttered as they parted ways in the hall, making sure to lock his door after heading into his own apartment. 

Raven sat up sleepily as Sliet came in and addressed him, blinking at her cheery state in confusion until she plopped down next to him and the smell of alcohol hit him. He flinched a little when she brought her hand down on his head, but quickly relaxed at the familiar, gentle gesture and leaned into her a little to return the affection, glancing at the box on the table and back to her. "Mmn mn?" He yawned, muffling his words,  and brought his hand up to his mouth as he fought off the sleepiness, swinging his legs over the side of the couch and bracing his sock feet against the floor as he moved to check the box. Cupcakes? "O-oh, thank you! what's that for, Sliet?" He asked curiously, not remembering any occasion that warranted gifts. Was something wrong? No, she was far too happy. Or maybe she was drinking because she was unhappy. About the thing that went wrong. Oh no.
Now probably wasn't the time to remind her there was no way he could eat more than half of one of those cupcakes.
"
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Because you put the stuff in Dudley's soup. That was smart. Pissed him off. " she explained with a goofy smile. "You're a good kid."
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Raven stared at Sliet, looking completely dumbfounded. What stuff if Dudley's soup? It took him a moment but he remembered then, back in the military, trying to destroy the documents before he was caught, and his cheeks flushed pink. "I-I didn't know what else to do with them-I..." He shook his head in embarrassment, staring back at her happy expression. 
He stood up from the couch and went to get her a glass of water, standing at the sink and shivering with the loss of his blanket as the water poured into the cup.  Turning, he passed it to her. "Here. You going to bed?" He asked, turning to sit again and twisting to drape one of the blankets over her shoulders, worried she wouldn't take care of herself when drunk.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Sliet took to glass happily, taking a sip. She frowned thoughtfully at the idea of going to bed. She didn't really feel tired, though she almost never did anymore, but she could almost always still sleep. It was just a matter of whether or not she wanted to go alone. "I dunno... it's lonely in there when Harir's at work." She replied somewhat sadly. "Do you know when he's going to be home?" She asked Raven hopefully. She had a difficult time keeping track of the time and everyone's schedules. the days were just so strange here.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Raven nodded, understanding the feeling. "Um, I think he said midnight." He replied hesitantly. It had been twilight for several hours now, midnight would be about four hours or so away. "I can wait with you," He offered then, no more enthusiastic to be alone. "I could listen to you play, or go to the stables with you, or something." He added timidly, guessing Sliet wouldn't like so much to help him study his medical texts.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:04 pm

She looked at the floor rather sadly at his answer. Maybe she should have stayed out with anderson for longer. "You wanna go look at glowy things?" she asked hopefully. The odd thing that lit the outdoors at night were quite pretty.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm

"Glowy things?" Raven asked. Maybe they should wait a little longer until Sliet's tech fully filtered out the toxins. "Oh, the plants? O-okay, sure." He replied offering a small smile back and nodding in agreement. He hadn't really had a chance to go out and explore at night before; he'd been so busy studying and going for medical therapy. 
He fixed his scarf, wrapping it more carefully about his neck and picking up his jacket, slipping it on over his frail arms and looking slightly less sleepy at the prospect of wandering around.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:54 pm

~Le skip~
"Today we are going to be doing something a little more hands on." Sliet announced to the gathered group of volunteers. "This will be a test of physical ability as much as it is about following orders. Anderson and I are going to pick teams and then we'll explain more." She explained in an authoritative manner, taking a step back to allow Anderson the first pick.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Anderson, looking more than a little enthused about getting into combat, looked down the line for his first choice. "Waters." He addressed the promising young woman, gesturing her to come over and letting Sliet go for whoever she wanted.

Raven stood at attention a few people down from Pel, waiting quietly to be chosen. He didn't expect to be taken first, though he hoped slightly that he wouldn't end up with Anderson.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

"Alex." sliet called, waiting for her brother to come and stand with her. This was game on. She looked over at Anderson, amusement and challenge in her eyes.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Anderson called a several more, taking Pel in the process, but leaving Roy and Raven for the time being. If he had to pick the kid, it would be last.

When it was done either way, he gathered his group and headed father into the farmland, leaving the wilderness for Sliet.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathcap Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Skip

As night settled in over the camp, the soldiers seemed to divide into several groups. Some were pale, withdrawn looking and huddling about the fire or retiring to their tents, others jeered and laughed drunkenly, seemingly oblivious to the destruction that they'd wrought. Marcel sat stone faced in front of the fire, drinking himself to death. Cook sat to his left, an uncomfortably empty space between them where their friend should be. She was just as still, but filled with a type of silent ferocity that Marcel's drunken, glazed-over eyes lacked.

Dumont had taken his rage out on a several items within the captain's tent, and sat quiet and rigid at the table now, staring down the liquor bottle at the center, trying to choose between it and Kait.

Anderson, once things had died down, fitted his pistol and his flask of whisky into his belt and eased away from camp slowly, careful not to make a show, and attempting to seem casual, though he doubted the others would question him.
Deathcap
Deathcap
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiousmysteries Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Sliet looked over the fires strewn about the camp anxiously, the events of the day weighing heavily on her, but she had to get Josey and the girls out now. She started around the edge of camp in the direction of the house where josey and the kids were hiding when she passed by Dumonte's tent. Maybe they could wait a few more minutes. "Dumonte?" She said, announcing her presence before pushing the tent open and peeking in, glancing over the various destroyed objects sitting around before looking at the other captain.
melodiousmysteries
melodiousmysteries
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next